why 2 'sent items' folders when 1 isn't used?

Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my 
default account.  I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of 
my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen.  Why have 
that second folder if it is not used?
0
Utf
3/5/2010 5:29:01 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1075 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder.

Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder
 - ie..the second folder is used.


-- 
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E578DD1B8@microsoft.com...
> Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my 
> default account.  I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of 
> my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen.  Why have 
> that second folder if it is not used? 
0
winston
3/5/2010 6:49:58 PM
"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:#$NBuSJvKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder.
>
> Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder
> - ie..the second folder is used.
>
>
> -- 
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>

Interesting. Would the absence of a second folder be explained by the fact I 
installed "over" OE6?
I have only the "second" folder you describe...


> "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E578DD1B8@microsoft.com...
>> Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my 
>> default account.  I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items 
>> folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen. 
>> Why have that second folder if it is not used?

 


0
Doug
3/5/2010 8:57:50 PM
Every mail account in WLM has a Sent Items folder, as well as Drafts, 
Inbox and Deleted Items.  If you see a > in front of the account name, 
click to see the folders.

The Storage Folders also has a Sent Items, Drafts and Deleted Items. 
There is not an Inbox by default.

If you installed over OE, it will automatically import the OE messages. 
The OE Local Folders which are shared by all POP3 accounts in OE will 
import to the Storage Folders.  So that's were your old Sent Items 
messages will end up as well as the Inbox.

-- 

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us



"Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message 
news:7fekn.21899$cp7.492@newsfe23.iad...
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:#$NBuSJvKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder.
>>
>> Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder
>> - ie..the second folder is used.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>
> Interesting. Would the absence of a second folder be explained by the 
> fact I installed "over" OE6?
> I have only the "second" folder you describe...
>
>
>> "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E578DD1B8@microsoft.com...
>>> Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders 
>>> of my default account.  I would prefer to have it saved in the sent 
>>> items folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make 
>>> that happen. Why have that second folder if it is not used?
>
>
>
> 

0
Michael
3/5/2010 9:35:45 PM
"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message 
news:eFL7SvKvKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Every mail account in WLM has a Sent Items folder, as well as Drafts, 
> Inbox and Deleted Items.  If you see a > in front of the account name, 
> click to see the folders.
>
> The Storage Folders also has a Sent Items, Drafts and Deleted Items. There 
> is not an Inbox by default.
>
> If you installed over OE, it will automatically import the OE messages. 
> The OE Local Folders which are shared by all POP3 accounts in OE will 
> import to the Storage Folders.  So that's were your old Sent Items 
> messages will end up as well as the Inbox.
>
> -- 
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>
Yeah. Not knowing what to expect, I hadn't noticed that the proper folders 
were created, but somehow the import of the OE files, while apparently 
complete, were not in the right places.
E.G., it would start with mail, and if I clicked for news, that came up 
_along_with_ mail.
Now they are like separate views/programs. It that how it's supposed to be?

Thanks 


0
Doug
3/6/2010 12:05:47 AM
Mail and News are separate views.

You can enable the storage folders to be visible in either mode via View 
(ALT+V), Layout, Folder Pane, Show Storage Folders.

-- 

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us



"Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message 
news:k%gkn.69285$Ye4.16276@newsfe11.iad...
>
> "Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message 
> news:eFL7SvKvKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Every mail account in WLM has a Sent Items folder, as well as Drafts, 
>> Inbox and Deleted Items.  If you see a > in front of the account 
>> name, click to see the folders.
>>
>> The Storage Folders also has a Sent Items, Drafts and Deleted Items. 
>> There is not an Inbox by default.
>>
>> If you installed over OE, it will automatically import the OE 
>> messages. The OE Local Folders which are shared by all POP3 accounts 
>> in OE will import to the Storage Folders.  So that's were your old 
>> Sent Items messages will end up as well as the Inbox.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>
> Yeah. Not knowing what to expect, I hadn't noticed that the proper 
> folders were created, but somehow the import of the OE files, while 
> apparently complete, were not in the right places.
> E.G., it would start with mail, and if I clicked for news, that came 
> up _along_with_ mail.
> Now they are like separate views/programs. It that how it's supposed 
> to be?
>
> Thanks
> 

0
Michael
3/6/2010 1:54:04 AM
OK, thanks. Sounds like it's working properly now.

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message 
news:O3Q8n$MvKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Mail and News are separate views.
>
> You can enable the storage folders to be visible in either mode via View 
> (ALT+V), Layout, Folder Pane, Show Storage Folders.
>
> -- 
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>
>
>
> "Doug McCrary" <dougmccrary@spamcop.net> wrote in message 
> news:k%gkn.69285$Ye4.16276@newsfe11.iad...
>>
>> "Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message 
>> news:eFL7SvKvKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Every mail account in WLM has a Sent Items folder, as well as Drafts, 
>>> Inbox and Deleted Items.  If you see a > in front of the account name, 
>>> click to see the folders.
>>>
>>> The Storage Folders also has a Sent Items, Drafts and Deleted Items. 
>>> There is not an Inbox by default.
>>>
>>> If you installed over OE, it will automatically import the OE messages. 
>>> The OE Local Folders which are shared by all POP3 accounts in OE will 
>>> import to the Storage Folders.  So that's were your old Sent Items 
>>> messages will end up as well as the Inbox.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>>
>>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>>
>> Yeah. Not knowing what to expect, I hadn't noticed that the proper 
>> folders were created, but somehow the import of the OE files, while 
>> apparently complete, were not in the right places.
>> E.G., it would start with mail, and if I clicked for news, that came up 
>> _along_with_ mail.
>> Now they are like separate views/programs. It that how it's supposed to 
>> be?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>

 


0
Doug
3/6/2010 2:37:16 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

Change shipping address does not roll down to item line
I recently migrate from GP 7.5 to GP 8.0, my user told me; when she changed the shipping address on item line, it does not roll down to other items. Because in version 7.5 there was a pop up message to ask if you want to roll down the changes to other item too, something like this. But she did not see this message again. How can I let the changes roll down to other items. 2. After migrate to GP 8.0 some user suddenly kicked off by system, so far as I know that nobody delete the concurrent user in User Activity. Is it some bugs in GP 8.0. I am using GP8.0 SP2. Thanks! I just teste...

Determining which address was used for contacts with multiple email accounts
Under Outlook 2007 (Win XP SP3), when sending mail to a contact that has multiple emails stored (email, email2, email3 fields in the Contacts folder), the To: field is replaced with the contact's name when stored in the sent folder. Right clicking on the name only brings up the stored contact, but does not indicate whether the email was sent to email, email2, etc. Pulling up the Options on the saved sent message is blank as well. While selecting the correct address is relatively easy at authoring time, how can I determine after-the-fact which email was used to send the message? Thanks fo...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

I want to send autom fax using a distribution list
I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in Honduras. All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't recognize that list. What can I do? You can start by not multiposting. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JLG" <JLG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7BFC16-71A5-4800-A36C-000E85163913@microsoft.com... >I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in >Honduras. > All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't > recognize that list. What can...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Printing slected items after using autofilter
Hi can any please help me ? What I�m trying to do is to automate printing a shopping list via button and macro (code sorted for this ) printing a selected range fro my worksheet. What I have done is set an auto filter of the items I require and wha I want to do is to print the selected records, however this list ca get bigger or smaller dependant on the number of items selected. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated (Excel version 2000) Please see attached bitmap Many Thanks Ro +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: shopping list.bmp ...

10.1.4: First Class--as far as it goes
The improvements found in version 10.1.4 clearly signal that Microsoft listens to users and has been responsive in making some of the improvements that a number of us have advocated in our email to mswish@microsoft.com I had hoped for more bug fixes and improvements, particularly in Entourage, but will have to look forward to the next version. The installation and my subsequent test of Office components went well. I had, as required, previously installed 10.1.2. None of Office's components were renamed. I ran Repair Permissions first, turned off Office Notifications, disabled Norton Anti...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its contents.
I have outlook 2000 with sp3, do have a custom form with vb code published as default form. In preview pane I get the error This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its contents. However the same form published as default on another machine with outlook2000 with Sp1 does not give me the preview pane error. Please help. Thanks This is becaused of the enhanced security added with the Service Packs; no code can be executed in the Preview Pane. You might want to check your options with the developers in the outlook.program_vba news...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Deny public folder access from Active Directory
Hi, I have a situation where I have various user accounts that share one mailbox. One master user account is created that has an e-mail account and other users users are created that do not have an e-mail account but have permissions to access the master user account mailbox. This works fine but seems to have one problem. When I try to deny access to public folders, I can only choose users from the address list to deny access. Obviously these secondary users do not have an address in the list and I cannot therefore choose them to deny access. I have created a group within AD and set deny perm...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

Problem viewing public folder in Exchange System Manager
Hi, I receive the following error message when trying to expand the Public Folder tree in the Exchange System Manager. The error message takes about 2 minutes to pop up , with the hour glass displaying up to that point. "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072746 Exchange System Manager There is no information anywhere on this error message as far as I can find, though I have seen it posted as a problem on other news groups with without responses. See http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=19;t=000143 for...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Lost folder
I seem to have lost an Outlook folder. It contained e- mail messages. Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back? If the folder resides in an Exchange mailbox then it is possible using Exchange. If the folder is in a Persona Folder File (.pst) then the only way to get it back is if it is in the Deleted Items folder. Otherwise we have no way of retrieving the folder. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: &quo...

Any way to get rid of an auto-suggestion in the login dialog box, for Exchange/OL using RPC over HTTP?
A client was using RPC over HTTP to two different Exchange servers (OL prompting for profile on startup). Both profiles were set up to prompt for credentials upon connection to Exchange. There's now only one Outlook profile needed; the other is gone and OL isn't prompting for the profile selection any longer, which is fine. However, Outlook is remembering domain1\user and domain2\user in the login dialog box, and I'd love to be able to get rid of the no-longer-valid credential dropdown suggestion. (The computer is not a member of a domain and hence always needs to be prom...