Weird scrolling problem with folders

I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to
the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I
have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it
Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I
expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on
it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of
items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of
folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have to have
enough accounts and folders so that the scroll bar is activated and you can
scroll up and down.
0
Zootal

Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
scrolling?

How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
make any difference how you scroll?

What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Zootal" <nospam@spam.zootal.nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and
> scrolling to
> the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list
> ( I
> have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it
> Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When
> expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and
> click on
> it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple
> of
> items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a
> bunch of
> folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have to
> have
> enough accounts and folders so that the scroll bar is activated and
> you can
> scroll up and down.

0
Michael
1/15/2010 11:03:20 PM
If I drag scroll bar with the mouse, it moves the list up and down as
expected. This doesn't change the currently selected folder, which is
probably why it acts normal. If I use the arrow buttons on the scroll bar,
and the last item is selected, the list jumps so that the last item is no
longer visible. It is as if it wants the second or third item from the
bottom to be the last visible item, as that is where it keeps jumping to.

The third item from the bottom is a folder with a ton of archived stuff in
it. If I expand it, then I don't observe this behavior and the list works
perfectly normal. If I contract it, then I get this weird list jumping. So
it definitely isn't all the time, and seems to only occur when I arrow down
using the keyboard arrow keys, or click the last folder with the mouse.

"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in

> Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
> scrolling?
>
> How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
> or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
> make any difference how you scroll?
>
> What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
> get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
> folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
> is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

0
Zootal
1/15/2010 11:17:34 PM
What version of WLMail are you using?
Help, About
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

> If I drag scroll bar with the mouse, it moves the list up and down as
> expected. This doesn't change the currently selected folder, which is
> probably why it acts normal. If I use the arrow buttons on the scroll bar,
> and the last item is selected, the list jumps so that the last item is no
> longer visible. It is as if it wants the second or third item from the
> bottom to be the last visible item, as that is where it keeps jumping to.
>
> The third item from the bottom is a folder with a ton of archived stuff in
> it. If I expand it, then I don't observe this behavior and the list works
> perfectly normal. If I contract it, then I get this weird list jumping. So
> it definitely isn't all the time, and seems to only occur when I arrow
> down
> using the keyboard arrow keys, or click the last folder with the mouse.
>
> "Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in
>
>> Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
>> scrolling?
>>
>> How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
>> or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
>> make any difference how you scroll?
>>
>> What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
>> get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
>> folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
>> is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

0
Ron
1/16/2010 12:03:08 AM
"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in news:#Zm5L9jlKHA.5568
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> What version of WLMail are you using?
> Help, About

Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)
0
Zootal
1/16/2010 12:28:49 AM
"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in

> Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
> scrolling?
>
> How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
> or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
> make any difference how you scroll?
>
> What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
> get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
> folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
> is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

FWIW, I fixed the problem. I added three dummy folders to the bottom of the
list. It still scrolls up, hiding the bottom folders, but since they are
empty it doesn't bother me ;)
0
Zootal

Multiple Virtual Server Problems
Hi! I have problem with multiple POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003. I have Default Virtual Server POP3/IMAP4 and wanted to create the second secure server with the same IP address. The created second virtual server (POP3 or IMAP4) cannot be startet. There is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Category: General Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. I have the following configurations ...

problems with linked presentations...
I recently recieved instructions on how to put together a presentation that allowed a group of slides to loop and then had other presentations linked in to allow a flow from one presentation to the other, but when i send the presentation to others for them to view (and then when the meeting is taking place it will be viewd through live meeting, etc) the links do not update because they are found on my desktop. Is there anything I can do to allow others to view this presentations on a computer other than mine? Below is the link that provided me with instructions on how to create h...

Reinstate scroll bar
The right side scroll bar on my Outlook Express e-mail Inbox window has disappeared. How do I get it back? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows....

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

scroll bars
I cannot seem to figure out how to adjust the vertical scroll bar so that fewer cells scroll by as I move the scroll bar. Right now I have two types of worksheets: one,where if I move the scroll bar a quarter of an inch, 600 cells will scroll by, and the other type where I can move the scroll bar 6 inches for 60 cells. Where does one adjust this? I have looked in HELP, and it talks about activex controls or forms controls, and I am immediately lost. Please advise. Peter This happens when you copy a large range from one sheet into another, for example if someone copied an entire...

arrange by date problem in 2003?
Hi, I have a simple problem, i think, but i can't find the solution in the help or on the net, so maybe someone in this group can help me out ... I don't like the arrange by date grouping that seems to be te default in Outlook 2004, but when i disable this for a message folder, the default setting seems to be reset every month or so ... Is there a way to disable this settinh once (view->arrange by-> show in groups off) and for all, preferably for all folders at once? Thanks, Gertjan Gertjan <gvheijst@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I don't like the arrange by date groupin...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

Outlook Problem -- Closing itself down as soon as it is opened
I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the program it opens up, but then a second later closes down. Even the little icon in the system tray disappears. It doesn't happen each time I open the program but it is happening rather frequently. Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks, Jake Cripes, that's not even time enough to click on hotbabe.jpg.pif "Jake" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message news:%23H09oyhWEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the >...

Redraw problem
I have a dialog based app which has a row of buttons at the bottom of the client area and a slider just above the buttons. When the dialog window is re-sized I set the position of the buttons and a slider so that they are always at the bottom of the dialog's client area. This works OK except that if I resize the dialog vertically by dragging its top or bottom up and down repeatedly *rapidly*, the buttons and slider end up with fragments of other controls drawn across them. For example the slider has bits of the button text across it. I can't get rid of these fragments unless I forc...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

Problem with Outlook #3
Yesterday I upgraded my Outlook Express to Version 6.0. Since I did this, when I try and bring it up, it asks for my password, then freezes up. After many tries,including rebooting several times, I gave up. This morning it did the same thing again. After the second try, it finally went in to my e-mail. I am sure that I will have problems again with it. Any thoughts to what may be causing this? I am going to leave my Outlook Express up, so I can read the responses. If I shut it down, I am not sure that I can pull it up. My e-mail is 1Combs1@comcast.net Hi, Cathy - This is a gr...

problem converting doc to pdf

What is the Orange scrolling bar above the To Do list in 2007
I've searched forums for the last 45 minutes and have seen the question posted many times, but never the answer. What is the scrolling orange bar above the To Do list in 2007? On 3/9/2010 4:11 PM, Kirstin wrote: > I've searched forums for the last 45 minutes and have seen the question > posted many times, but never the answer. What is the scrolling orange bar > above the To Do list in 2007? Please take a screenshot and post a link to it. -- Leonid S. Knyshov Crashproof Solutions 510-282-1008 Twitter: @wiseleo http://crashproofsolutions.com Microsoft Sma...

import pst problems
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! thanks, and please reply to: daphna@omniummarketing.com Daphna .. Do NOT import. Use File->Open->Outlook Data File. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent ...

Recursive Searching In Public Folders
Is there a way to perform a recursive search down through the public folder hierarchy? We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 with Outlook 2000 clients TIA Andy No, I think you can only search one PF at a time. A PITA, isn't it? :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Andy Miller" <AndyMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBF8517-0662-407D-A44A-2CE64A5FE888@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to perform a recursive search down through the public > folder > hierarchy? > >...

Calendar Reminder Pop Up Problems
I can't find an solution to this problem - if I'm not currently in Outlook when a reminder comes due it doesn't become my active window - it displays behind what I'm working on - therefore not making it a very good "reminder" - how do I get the popups to be the active windows. I using Outlook 2003 with XP I'm not sure this will do it but.. right click in the taskbar, select properties Clear or click (depending on what it is) "group similar taskbar buttons." >-----Original Message----- >I can't find an solution to this problem - if I&...

Out of Memory Problem
Dear Sir, I have Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition, it is running in windows server 2003 standard edition server. When I try to send a mail through outlook express/Microsoft Outlook, I get the following error message The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sankar.raja@prdcinfotech.com'. Subject 'Re: Test mail', Account: '192.168.0.200', Server: '192.168.0.200', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.3.1 Out of memory', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Err...

Folders in Webmail
I created contact folders in Webmail, but when I create a message, the folders are not available. Anybody know how to fix? Gary Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a more appropriate newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Gary" <gkirkham@comcast.net> wrote in message news:e%232Dn$EVIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I created contact fol...

Problem with Office database #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Received message indicating Office cannon access the database and/or the database is damage. I am having trouble locating the database utility. I am new to the MAC. On 9/20/09 9:37 AM, in article 59b7cdf1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cjtwms@officeformac.com" <cjtwms@officeformac.com> wrote: > Received message indicating Office cannon access the database and/or the > database is damage. I am having trouble locating the database utility. I am > new to the MAC. Are you using Entourage for your em...

Mount exchange publice folder store
When trying to mount the public folder store I received an error: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. You can either: -press Cancel and mount store later from its context menu or, -press Retry to let Exchange System Manager keep trying to mount store for you. **The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 -I've tried articles: 312872,827283,and 8233017. ...

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

Create folder from within Access VB
Please will you advise on the following: I am trying to create a folder on the C drive of my PC from within Access VB. Hunting through the Access VB help files has got me the following but there are no examples and I get a message that "ActiveX component can't create object" in line 4 below (Set fs..) when I execute it. Public Function CreateFolder(strFolderName As String) Dim objTemp As Object Dim fs As Object Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FilesSystemObject") Set objTemp = fs.CreateFolder(strFolderName) Set objTemp = Null Set fs = Null /* Ignore any errors a...

Problems with Sincronization
hi again today have a problem, i have an HQ database with 180,000 items. I need to transmit to all SO stores and i use the Worksheet 260 to download the items in the stores. But, when the store starts the sincronization around 45 minutes before to hq client start to procces the Worksheet and give me a error about the TIME CONECTION (The wait time was ended), and give me this: UPDATE Item SET TagAlongItem = ISNULL(A.ID,0) FROM #Temp JOIN Item ON #Temp.HQID = ItemHQID LEFT JOIN Item AS A ON (#Temp.TagAlongItem0A.HQID) AND (A.HQID <>0) SELECT @@ROWCOUNT AS REcorsAffected. Although thi...