Updateing Windows Live Mail

Running Vista 32bit SP2 and have Live Mail version 14.08064.0206
Notice the latest version is 14.08092.0805

My question is "would there be any problem downloading the latest version
and installing it over top of the older version"?
Would the update keep all the original settings, mail, etc. or would it
loose mail and settings.  If it will keep them, I would like to update.  If
not forget it.

There are some very minor quirks with the version I have and thought a
update might correct them.

Thanks
Jerry

0
JJ

@JJ
The latest version is 14.0.8089.0726

The latest version can be installed on top, it will also automatically update/install WLMsgr; WL Photo Gallery and Windows Live
Writer(will be updated if installed, if not it installed they will be offered), and offer Windows Live Movie Maker.

It will not change your mail accounts or settings.

Highly recommended for upgrading an older version.
Go to Download.live.com
Click Download
Click Cancel (this will cancel the download of the web installer version)
Click Try Again
 - save the full version to your hard drive
Close IE and all other open programs
Disable your AV
Double click the full version exe file
Pay attention to the screens when given the opportunity to select WL Essential applications
 - check only what you have, if you are not using Outlook(when Office is installed)-Do not check the Outlook Connector or the
Office Live Add-in.
Once complete
Restart, enable your AV client
Open Windows Live Mail
 - if you were using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when running Windows Live Mail use the same Live ID as in the past...

Once done, you should check your version of wlcomm.exe,  if not 14.0.8098.930, a manual update of Contacts.msi is necessary.  Post
back with the results of that file.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"JJ" <theom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uw0WcUd2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Running Vista 32bit SP2 and have Live Mail version 14.08064.0206
> Notice the latest version is 14.08092.0805
>
> My question is "would there be any problem downloading the latest version
> and installing it over top of the older version"?
> Would the update keep all the original settings, mail, etc. or would it
> loose mail and settings.  If it will keep them, I would like to update.  If
> not forget it.
>
> There are some very minor quirks with the version I have and thought a
> update might correct them.
>
> Thanks
> Jerry

0
winston

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

SFOC Mail Merger
Does anyone know if CRM 2.0 SFOC (2005) will have the ability to mail merge in custom fields? I read on another thread that currently in v. 1.2 the WordMailMerge for MSCRM 1.2 by PTM EDV-Systems is the only way to do this at present. I tried to mail merge and could not see any of our custom fields in either the Accounts or Contacts. Reason I ask is we are demoing to a client tomorrow that we will be converting from Maximizer and they have a lot of custom fields and will want this functionality. Thanks! Shauna Hello ! Have you allready tried our Add-On? It is now the only way to u...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Using Outlook 2002/Word 2002 - Mail Merge
Hi....we need to regularly send non-spam emails to 1000 ormore customers. We use Outlook 2002 and Word 2002. I understand that I can use mail merge with HTML format. I tested a pretty message using both HTML Format and Rich Text Format. HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain text only Rich Text Format - HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text (to make it pretty), the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain tex...

E-mail to a foreign country
I want to e-mail a person in a foreign country. Do I have to change my name, or add USA anywhere to get a resonse back? Lee, you wrote on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:37:01 -0800: > I want to e-mail a person in a foreign country. Simply do it ;-) > Do I have to change my name, or add USA anywhere to get a resonse > back? You needn't do anything. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:37:01 -0800, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to e-mail a person in a foreign country. Do I have to cha...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

Sending mail when nothing to send
Hi gurus, I got ms outlook 2003 on a W2K3 box. Occationally I have noticed that it displayes "Sending 1 of 122" in the outlook status bar but there is no emails in the outbox?!? What could be causing this? Many thanks in advance. KK Kan Kan <nospam4me@your.com> wrote: > I got ms outlook 2003 on a W2K3 box. Occationally I have noticed that > it displayes "Sending 1 of 122" in the outlook status bar but there > is no emails in the outbox?!? > > What could be causing this? Possibly undelivered read receipts. See if this helps: http://www.out...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

multiple account mail duplication
I have set up 2 accounts in Windows Live Mail. Irrespective of which account incoming mail is addressed to, it gets duplicated into the other account. How do I fix it that incoming messages only hit the email account to which they are addressed without this duplication? Thanks!!!!! -- Edmund Do both accounts use the same password? It sounds like one account is an alias of the other account. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Edmund" <Edmund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F19664C-5A95-44B6-B945-7FB773E2F517@microsoft.com... > I h...

Can I Mail Merge A Picture?
I am creating form letters in Publisher 2000, and I need to change the picture depending on who is receiving the letter. Can I create a mail merge field for the different pictures? I am merging from an Excel list. According to this chart: http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx Publisher 2000 doesn't have that capability. You may wish to try the instructions for Publisher 2003 anyway: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010385061033.aspx If that doesn't work, these instructions are claimed to work with Word 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

Strange problem about register window class
I want to register two window class in winmain.But when registering the second window class,VC7.0 reports an error.The error code is 87 - parameter error.But the parameters of both WINCLASSEX are the same except the wndproc and wndclass name. When compiling with bcc55,it's OK.When compiling with cygwin-g++-4.1.2 it's the same as VC7.0. If assign wc.hInstance with reinterpret_cast<HINSTANCE>(&hInstance) ,it's OK.Why?What does &hInstance mean? Below is the code: // cl register.cpp -link gdi32.lib user32.lib // g++ -o register.exe register.cpp -mwindows #include <...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

E-mail Opt-out Option
Is there a way in CRM 3.0 to add an Opt-Out option to an e-mail template? Hi, Please have a look at the following blog post of Ben Vollmer: http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/17/Managing-Newsletters-and-Blast-Emails-Using-Microsoft-CRM.aspx Best regards, Merijn "Steve Bambauer" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 3.0 to add an Opt-Out option to an e-mail template? ...

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...