TRANFER mail from outlook express to Windows Mail(windows 7)

Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS
(WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can
see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get
a load of imported mail in my Inbox ?

Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received.

I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my
folders at least .

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:38:02 -0800, DUNDALKSPUR wrote:

> Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS
> (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can
> see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get
> a load of imported mail in my Inbox ?
>
> Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received.
>
> I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my
> folders at least .

Did you expand 'Imported folder(1)' and 'Imported folder(2)'?

The one time I tested a WLMail import, those folders were collapsed.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

"DUNDALKSPUR" wrote:

> Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS
> (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can
> see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get
> a load of imported mail in my Inbox ?
>
> Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received.
>
> I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my
> folders at least .
Yes -I did as I said in my previous mail .Both folders empty.

"N. Miller" wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:38:02 -0800, DUNDALKSPUR wrote:
>
> > Hi-
>
> Did you expand 'Imported folder(1)' and 'Imported folder(2)'?
>
> The one time I tested a WLMail import, those folders were collapsed.
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Oh Lord, why have you come
> ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
> .

Do you have    View - Show or Hide - "Show all messages"    selected for
those folders?

"DUNDALKSPUR" <DUNDALKSPUR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK
> EXPRESS
> (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I
> can
> see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did
> get
> a load of imported mail in my Inbox ?
>
> Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received.
>
> I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my
> folders at least .

0
slk759
12/17/2009 5:38:48 PM
The poster who started this thread was using OE which saves message in a dbx file, unlike Outlook which saves messages in a pst
file.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"pg" <pg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A4735E2-6687-487A-B086-D7CE846644E6@microsoft.com...
> I found a program called AID4MAIL from Fookes Software. The free trial solved
> my problem. I automatically converted the old .pst files to Windows Mail and
> even put it in the transfer folder. It goes out and searches for the
> folders/files.
>
> "DUNDALKSPUR" wrote:
>
>> Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS
>> (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can
>> see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get
>> a load of imported mail in my Inbox ?
>>
>> Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received.
>>
>> I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my
>> folders at least .

0
winston
12/17/2009 7:01:09 PM
How and where did you transfer you OE folders to the Win7 machine and did you import your messages in WLM ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"DUNDALKSPUR" <DUNDALKSPUR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D60F030F-A7A9-420C-95DD-9331A0448346@microsoft.com...
> Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS
> (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can
> see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get
> a load of imported mail in my Inbox ?
>
> Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received.
>
> I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my
> folders at least .
0
winston
12/17/2009 7:03:20 PM
Winstone - I transferred the OE folders via my router using the move PC
program inbuilt in Windows 7.
I did not import messages in WLM.
I loaded my OE on my old computer into mt WLM -same problem cannot see
folders -all I see is a FOLDER1 in imported folders . All have nothing in
them .
I am very fed up with MS selling me junk s/w !

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:29:01 -0800, DUNDALKSPUR wrote:

> I am very fed up with MS selling me junk s/w !

Okay. Ditch it. Linux is a decent OS ...

FWIW, I used the "Migration Wizard" (aka, "Easy Transfer"), and had no
problems. And, once the location of the MSOE .dbx files are known, it is no
problem to point WLMail at that location, and import the files.

FWIW, "Easy Transfer" copied my MSOE message store to the following location
in my Windows 7 file system:

<C:\Users\{%User_Name%}\AppData\Local\Identities\{%UID_Rand_Char%}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express>

In some cases, you might need to look in the "Roaming" folder instead of the
"Local" folder.

It is a foolish worker who blames his tools for his inexperience.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
Are you looking at Folder1 in imported folders in Windows Explorer ?

To import messages into WLM
1. Save the files in the OE store folder to a new folder on the Win7 =
computer(preferably one you have full admin rights permission)=20
e.g. a subfolder in your Documents folder. The OE files will be of the =
form *.dbx
or
If you used the Migration wizard, determine the location of the OE files =
on the Win7 machine

2. Install WLM
3. Open WLM, File/Import Messages, choose OE, then Navigate to the =
folder containing the OE files

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

> Winstone - I transferred the OE folders via my router using the move =
PC
> program inbuilt in Windows 7.
> I did not import messages in WLM.
> I loaded my OE on my old computer into mt WLM -same problem cannot see
> folders -all I see is a FOLDER1 in imported folders . All have nothing =
in
> them .
> I am very fed up with MS selling me junk s/w !
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> How and where did you transfer you OE folders to the Win7 machine and =
did you import your messages in WLM ?

>> --=20
>>   ...winston
>>   ms-mvp mail

0
winston

View User account which is submitting mails to IMS in 5.5
Hi , Few users connect to the mail server from internet using the IP address and send/receive mails.To stop relaying in my mail server, i selected only one option of " Users who authenticate succesfully can send mail ". With this setting it was working fine till Mydoom Virus came out.Now because of the virus, there are lot of unwanted mails in the IMS Queue.I Could check the IMC out folder and found that these mails are coming from users from Internet who are on dialup. Since only authenticated users can send mails,i feel few PC's connecting from internet are...

Junk Mail Filter
I have the junk mail filtering turned off but my Junk Mail folder keeps filling up. A few of the messages in the folder are from the blocked senders list but most are from the safe senders list and are also in my contacts list. I stll receive other, not filtered mail in my inbox. Any ideas why my contacts and other messages, not on the blocked senders list, are filtered when the junk mail filter is set to off? Have you checked for filtering at the email's web service? Also, what about in your anti-virus program? "Ohio Ron" <Ohio Ron@discussions.microsoft.co...

CRM 4.0 E-mail router cannot send external e-mails.
Hi there, I have CRM 4.0.I can send e-mails from web client to all internal users.This is working great.But I cannot send e-mails to external domains. I am using exchange server 2003 and Exchange server is different server from CRM 4.0 . I'm testing e-mail router interface,Test results are success. I am checking exchange server virtual server settings for relay,Relay setup is okey for send to outside of this exchange organization.Granted access working for my crm server ip. I cannot find any resource for this issue. Q1.Can I monitor CRM E-mail router traffics? Q2.CRM E-mail Router h...

Mail Message Rules
I have ***SPAM*** as an e-mail message rule in my outlook express. I have it programed to have everything with this in the subject to be thrown in a specified folder. Some stuff gets sent to the assigned folder, but others filter through to my inbox. What am I doing wrong? It's like whenever it feels like throwing it into my specified folder it does. Very strange. Any help at this time is greatly apprecited! Rob D. <robd@a.com> wrote: > I have ***SPAM*** as an e-mail message rule in my outlook > express. I have it programed to have everything with this > in the...

window.showmodaldialog
Below is the code I am using in the ISV.config instead of the URL feature. I am using is because I want to create a track what my child window is doing so I can kickoff the SaveAsCompleted () function AFTER the cloning of my current form is completed. I can't seem to get it to work. My error is "window.execScript(action)" <Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_4210_d.gif" JavaScript="var pcall = crmForm; cpcObject = New Object(); cpcObject.OId = pcall.ObjectId; cpcOject.OTC = pcall.O...

Arranging mail in inbox does not sort properly
When trying to organize items in the inbox by importance you would expect the items after the important items to be listed in chronological order....why doesn't this happen? This is the way it happened in Outlook 98...any help is appreciated.... Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View, click the Sort button, and set your preferred sorting columns and sort order there. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:066e01c3daf3$f0e4f230$a10128...

Outlook 2003 shortcuts disappearing
I have several users who have lost their shortcuts in Outlook 2003. They have created shortcuts and groups, and they stay for a while (sometimes several months), but at some point when they start Outlook the shortcuts and groups are gone. I also have many other users who use shortcuts and haven't had the problem. I've set up some utilities to back up and restore the xml file that stores the shortcuts, but I'd really like to figure out why they are disappearing. Any ideas? ...

Multi Up Mail Merge
Hi, I have a Publisher file that has 3648 postcards (8.5 x 5.5) in the merged file. I want to print these two up on an 8.5 x 11 sheet but it will only print the same name and address in both fields. I want to set it up to allow one different name on top and one different name on the bottom. How can I do this. Thanks, Chelsea ...

having problems sending mail from server to aol
how do i find out if im on the AOL black list. ive search all the open relay and black list site and im not on them. but can not find out how to check AOL please help James wrote: > how do i find out if im on the AOL black list. ive search all the open > relay and black list site and im not on them. but can not find out how to > check AOL please help > > You can telnet to port 25, on one of the following servers: mailin-02.mx.aol.com mailin-03.mx.aol.com mailin-04.mx.aol.com mailin-01.mx.aol.com If you can connect, try and manually submit an SMTP Message. If a...

Outlook extremely slow #2
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? Which version of outlook and Norton? Try disabling the email scanning and see if it speeds it up... also, NAV has an office scan you can disable in NAV's options menu. if you use word as your editor, that could be the cause. "HJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2801c47838$72236340$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton > Antivirus. It ...

intransit tranfer entry
When i selecte in the windw intrasit tranfer entry the boton of ship in the version of spanish GP 10. the program send to me the following syntaxis of error: [Microsoft][SQL Native client][SQL Server]Error converting data type varchar to datime [Microsoft][SQL Native client][SQL Server]Error de conversion al convertir una cadena de caracteres a Datetime. This situation is in the server and client. i changed the regional setthing ............... and nothing -...................... ...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

How to reversibly close Outlook with some files open?
Windows Update routinely closes Outlook when it has email files open, and then restarts Outlook with these same files open after it re-boots with patched installed. How can a user accomplish the same result, i.e., close Outlook with some email files open and then have these files re-open when Outlook is re-started? Thanks! Use File-> Close to close Outlook instead of the top right X. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ ...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

"Insert Item" in Outlook 2003 is not available in the Insert menu
The "Insert Item" to attach a mail is available when one clicks the "paper clip" icon which shows "file" and "item"; however using the "Insert" pull down menu, an "Item" can not be attached, as this option is not available. Thus to attach an email received, the only option is to click the paper clip menu. For a new user, this is difficult to spot. Suggest inclusion of Item as an option in the Insert menu, so as to maintain consistency. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sug...

E-mail option replaced by Mail Recipient as Text-Quick Access Tool
I no longer have the E-mail option on the Quick Access Toolbar. This has been replaced by the Mail Recipient (as Text) option instead. Even when I select E-mail from the Customize Quick Access Toolbar options or through the More Commands option, Word will still automatically converts the E-mail option to Mail Recipient (as Text). When I click on the Office Button and select Send, I still only have the option for Mail Recipient (as Text). The only way for me to send a Word doc as an attachment is to use the Send for Review option, which I don't want to do since it automati...

importing mail from gmail
I've had my gmail account for 5 years and just started using outlook. I can't figure out how to get outlook to import emails from before 5/22/08. I don't know why this date is significant, or if I have some sort of setting set there, but I'm missing 4 and a half years of emails from outlook that I can access perfectly fine from my gmail. How come outlook won't import them? Is it possible to import emails that aren't new? You didn't say what you've done as far as Outlook settings are concerned. It sounds like you're able to use Outlook to access your gm...

Remote mail access for exchange 5.5
Hi new here so appologies if doing anything wrong. I am fairly new to exchange and only know the basics, so how nice when the md has said that in the very near future they will need remote off site access to their email. So what I am asking is for any info on how to achieve this securely and pointers to any info that could help thanks in advance for any help Glyn Hi Glyn As you are using Exchange 5.5, you will probably want to consider using Outlook Web Access, VPN or RAS for remote access. The remote access experience is vastly improved with Exchange 2003, with Outlook Mobile Access, RP...

Downloading Templates for Excel error with a windows error.
I have been trying for months to download some of the Excel templates of the Microsoft Office Online site but continually get an error message that Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. The message is showing up after Excel has been opened and the active x download window has closed. I am using Excel 2000 with SP3 on Windows XP pro SP2. I also get the same error with Windows XP Home SP2. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks, Lanie Moore ...

can't reply or forward some mails in Outlook 2007
Some of my customers are having a peculiar problem with Outlook 2007. They can't reply or forward certain mails. When they do it and press "Send" button, nothing happens. It is also impossible to copy from those mails. The paste option is not greyed out, but pressing it does nothing. Outlook was reinstalled, ost file was checked for errors, the whole profile was deleted and created from scratch. It solved the problem for some time, but we already recieve complaints that this problem was not solved and while some problematic mails were fixed, others were not. Does an...

Outlook Desktop Icon #3
Recently my system just up and lost the default icon on the desktop for Outlook. Nothing I did deliberately and it's gone in all profiles. Outlook appears to still work fine and I can create a shortcut on the desktop, I have done that already. The problem is that the shortcut is just that, a shortcut. The original actually let me into the e-mail properties and such. It's more irritation value than anything and I really want to know what could have caused it and how to get it back like it was. I am running: XP Pro SP2 with all the updates and Office 2002 (10.6515.6735) SP3 with al...

Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 & POP3 Mail
We have an Exchange 2003 server and use Outlook 2003 on client PCs. Presently the client OL2003 check for internal mail via Exchange 2003 and use an external account to check POP3 mail hosted by an ISP. How do I get Exchange 2003 to go out to the ISP and check for client mail and then deliver to my OL2003 clients? I have about 50 users and cannot for the life of me see how this can and should be done. Thanks. -- J, a rookie system admin Get off the ISP's POP3 server and route the inbound external mail to your Exchange mailboxes! You'll need to open smtp port to your Exchan...

How to share printer connected to Windows 7 pc with a pc using Vista ?
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but myself can use the printer. Before I had a home network setup and all other pc's connected via wireless network to print. How to I setup just the printer so others can use it ? Jason, Have you enabled printer sharing in Network and Sharing Center? Have you shared your printer already? Carlos "Jason" wrote: > I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but > myself can use the printer. > > Before I had a home network setup and all other pc&...

unable to receive mail
This is my setup: ISP --- Linux router --- Ex2k3 --- LAN I've no control of the ISP and Linux router. I'm able to send mail to the Internet. I'm unable to receive mail from the Internet. I wonder whether there is something I should do on the Ex2k3 to rectify the problem. Thank you. Hi! Did you track the e-mail messages? If they don't end up at ISP's router? Did you try telneting to your E2K3 machine from another network to see, if it listens and receive SMTP commands? Cheers, KFL "bill tie" <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook 2003 Shutdown #2
Outlook 2003 does not shutdown completely and properly. The icon remains in the system tray. I can not reopen Outlook 2003 nor can I right click the icon in the system tray. I am not minimizing Outlook. Ending task on Outlook.exe in task manager allows me to open Outlook again. Three computers close Outlook with no problems. Two computers have this problem. All computers are running windows XP and have equal service packs for the OS and for Office. I have manipulated automatic send/receive, un-installed and re-installed. Removed the antivirus. Recreated profiles, used regcl...