Take long time to check new mails

When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1
minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages.

And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1
minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder.

I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing
on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at
an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly.

Every other client I have used doesn't take more than 5 seconds to confirm
that there are no new messages.
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Were those other mail clients using POP3 or IMAP?

POP3 just downloads the Inbox.  IMAP checks all server folders by
default.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"yapanuwan" <yapanuwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1
> minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages.
>
> And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for
> about 1
> minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP
> folder.
>
> I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto
> syncing
> on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick
> look at
> an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly.
>

> Every other client I have used doesn't take more than 5 seconds to
> confirm
> that there are no new messages.

0
Michael
9/12/2010 8:07:38 PM
You may want to select "Stop synchronizing" for some of those IMAP
folders. In particular, Gmail's 'All Mail' is a big time waster.
If you want really snappy mail checking, switch to POP rather than IMAP.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"yapanuwan"  wrote in message =

When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1
minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages.

And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for =
about 1
minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP =
folder.

I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto =
syncing
on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick =
look at
an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly.

Every other client I have used doesn't take more than 5 seconds to =
confirm
that there are no new messages.=20

0
Gary

So what is so new about OB1?????
I've been telling y'all about OB1 for YEARS now! It is the BEST. (Just had to set the record straight.) Like we're all supposed to know what OB1 stands for? thanatoid wrote: > I've been telling y'all about OB1 for YEARS now! > It is the BEST. > > (Just had to set the record straight.) You never hears of 'Star Wars'? http://www.ob1.it/Product.asp.......................... is the only OB1 I know and yes it's the BEST! Now the record straight..................................... .................................................

Unable to access OWA on new exchange server.
We have a native Exchange 2003 organization.We are using FE\BE setup for OWA.We have a root forest domain and three child domains.We have just brought up a new exchange server in one of the child domains. We use redirected URL's for OWA. The issue is this: OWA for the users on the new exhange server ,from the FE servers in the root domain works fine. OWA from the FE server in the child domain works for all the exchange servers in the forest but for the new exchange server. There are no security failure logs in the event viewer on the webmail server. The EM is: "You could not be ...

MS Office 97 upgrade to new question
Hello all, A couple months, purchased Compaq, Presario 2500 laptop with MS XP. Had desktop with Win98, Word & Excel 97, etc.. I really do not want to install the old products on the new laptop but will if it's required to be eligible for a current upgrade. Does anyone know if I would be eligible for the most recent upgrade to Word, Excel, Access, etc. based on my older versions? Or, am I going to have to pay mega bucks for the full new versions? If I am eligible for the upgrade, will I have to install the old versions in order for the upgrade installation to authentic...

outbound mail #2
Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. although exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? any ideas as the messages keep growing. thanks, Bill Are the users getting any type of NDR? A few that come to mind: DNS configuration Antivirus Software SMTP Syncs "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8EB7C39-179B-4462-A1FB-A166E32AD1B1@microsoft.com... > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. > although > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? &g...

Bookmarks take me away from email
I use "Actions > Send Web Page by E-mail". Then setup the bookmark, and a link to the bookmark in Outlook. This link takes the recipient to the web page (www.webpage.com#bookmark), rather than jumping them to that part of the email. It seems like this should be possible since you can set the link to go to a bookmark. I don't even get how it thinks I would possibly want it to go to a web page. Help is much appreciated! ...

Mail delete date
Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? I don't think you can. I'm not sure if deleted date is a field Outlook maintains. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? Yes you can. �f you add "modified" column and you didn't change item then deleted you can sort item in modified date (~deleted date). Evren Arslan "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSF...

about date time picker in VC7.1 again.
Hi, I did the specific casting of as NMHDR instead of NMDATETIMECHANGE and it compiles in VC7.1 . But for this particular handler OnDateTimeChangeNotify() Inside this handler I am checking if the date time picker control has set valid date time {if (dtmh->dwFlags == GDT_VALID)}. For that I need to read flags set in NMDATETIMECHANGE type of structure. How do I do this, or should i assume it to be valid date time always? Earlier the handler looked like this: ***************** // This traps the DTN_DATETIMECHANGE notification and checks that the date/time has actually changed. If it h...

Can text too long for cell NOT carry over into cells after it?
I have a cell with a full sentence in it. The cell is too small for that sentence so of course it carries over the cells to the right of it to display the whole sentence. Is there a way to have the sentences only show as much as the width of the cell its in? For my purpose of about 20 columns per record, it would just be a lot easier if i can have all the cells as small as i can to work with because it will be imported into another program Check out the options from Format Cells dialog Select cells>Right click>FormatCells>'Alignment' tab>Text control..'...

!! New wave crashing your way !!
!! New wave crashing your way !! Catch it and ride it FREE 10,000 founder/member shares are waiting. Go There Now !! This is not to be missed , make your move, click on the link below. http://www.globalbusinessteam.com/?317 Kind Regards, Tim Swift Master distributor --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20030720081652C0x0HiT6 ...

New Email addresses
I am looking for a way to change all of my users email addresses to use one standard naming convention. Currently we have a wide mix of formats. I would like to settle on firstname.lastname@domain.com Is there a tool or utility that I can use to force a change and make the new ones the default address as well as keeping the original address. thanks LDIFDE will do this. You could also add the new address to your recipient policy and force it to run, but that might have side effects you don't like. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!...

Can't see CRM Web site when installing Exchange E-mail Router
The installation of CRM worked flawlessly. Started to install the Exchange E-mail router and everything looks ok except when it comes to the part where you are to choose the CRM Web site. It's not in the list. It seems to be picking up the web sites defined on the Exchange server. I know this because we created a test site on the exchange server and it's showing up in the drop down list. We can see the CRM box no problem. What am I missing? TIA Richard. Nevermind. Found some other documentation that states the web site should be the default web site on the exchange server ...

EPM2007 Time entry details
Hi! We are using EPM2007 with SP1. Is there a way to differentiate between the actual work entered by resources from PWA and the actual work entered by PM through the MS Project, by making the tasks as 100% complete? I am looking for the difference into the Reporting Database tables. Regards, Viren Saini Hi Viren, unfortunately Project Server doesn’t make any difference where actual work comes from. Actual work entered by resources from PWA are only stored additionally as binary data in transaction tables, not readable. PMs can find details in PWA -> Task Up...

New User Quest. on Financial Formulas For Compount Interest, etc.
Hello: New user. Not being a financial math guhru or statistician, I am a bit confused over what Excel function to use. Would be most appreciative for any help on the following two items, please: a. to determine compound interest: Am interested in just seeing the amount an initial investment would grow to if the interest is compounded for different periods throughout the 1 year (e.g., if compounded daily, every 3 months, only simple interest applied at end of the 1 yr., etc.) b. am also interested in determining: If a CD account has its interest earned applied once at th...

Multiple ComboBoxes but one must be Checked
I have 22 CheckBoxes and I want to make sure one of them is required to be Checked. If not I want a MsgBox to come up. I'm testing it now, on just one CheckBox but I can't even get this to work. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Check216 = "No" Then MsgBox "Please fill in the Job Type" Cancel = True End If End Sub Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. "Flydianslip" <Flydianslip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EDE548E-5F65-40B3-A76B-797C9E798F8B@microsoft.com... >I have 22 CheckBoxes a...

E-mail mail merge #2
I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? Pepper Use a mail merge starting from Outlook and use the Excel spreadsheet as = your data source. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Pepper asked: | I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. | Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? |=20 | Pepper 1 message with 300 recipi...

Take Ownership
What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:gjqqv5ddgj7uesie7vdej1tshbv49unr1u@4ax.com... > What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? It means to transfer ownership of an object from the original owner to you, (your account). Google ' Take Ownership ' for more information. To take ownership of a file or a folder How to take ownership of a file You must have ownership of a protected file in order to access it. If another user has restricted access and you are the computer administ...

Pay Per Click is a Waste of TIME...
http://getpaidforeveryvistor.googlepages.com/home is the new way for publishers to get paid off per visitor on there website... So every visitor you make money not per click. And now become an affiliate while there is still time.. Decide for yourself>>> http://getpaidforeveryvistor.googlepages.com/home ...

How enter time DURATIONS mm:ss (not clock times), then sum?
I want to enter a column of data as time DURATION (not clock time) in mm:ss format and then sum the total. What cell format should I select for the duration entries (mm:ss does not work) and what calculation steps do I need to use to sum those durations? Hi Roger Try this. The format should be [mm]:ss Entry must be as 0:00:00 Use sum function to calculate total. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Roger D" wrote: > I want to enter a column of data as time DURATION (not clock time) in mm:ss >...

New Spammer Trick?
Here is a problem posted by a colleague who uses Outlook 2000: "I received spam, which I then deleted. As soon as I deleted them, e-mails appeared in my Outbox informing someone that I had deleted the spam unread. "These were not bounce-back e-mails that I received in my Inbox because someone else received spam with my e-mail forged in the header. These were e-mails that were about to be sent from my Outbox when I caught them. "I do not preview e-mails to avoid web bots. This is something else. A spammer has figured out a way to cause Outlook to generate a return receipt (...

calculation taking too long
Currently I have a sheet where I enter my data and then another sheet within the same workbook that makes various calculations based on this data. But every time I enter data, it takes a long time for my formulas to calculate, upwards of a minute. I am pretty sure this is because my formulas contain entire columns as ranges (i.e. A:A rather than A1:A100). However I need to use A:A in my formulas as my data sheet is indefinitely long and I will continue to add to this over the years. I don't want to have to go back and change all my formulas to A1:A200 every time my data e...

Free/busy time for a user shows no information
While trying to view someone's free/busy information when scheduling a meeting in the Calendar, their information shows gray slashes and says No information is available. We are all on the same Outlook Exchange Server. Please assist Try opening Outlook using the \cleanfreebusy switch on that users computer. See KB296192 "Keighla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d22301c439d1$98fc34b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > While trying to view someone's free/busy information when > scheduling a meeting in the Calendar, their information > shows...

Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed
Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. I am using RMS 2.0. I am trying to run the Cashier Time clock report for last two week pay periods 2/14/2008 to 2/17/2008. I read post from that you change couple of numbers in Active reports and you could fix a problem, but I was unable to find that post. ...

New Remote Office
Hi all, One of my clients has had their SBS 2003 box installed and running for the last 3 years with no problems. They are now opening a new branch office a few miles away. Is there a 'best practice' setup for this ? I'm in 2 minds of just a straight forward IPSec VPN and a Terminal Server. There will be 7 users in the remote office using XP Pro, Vista Business and Win 7 Pro boxes Can anyone point me in the right direction on this ? Many thanks in advance. Regards Colin. Colin: This all depends on what the remote office users expect to do in relation to SBS. ...

Send mails from Workflow
Hi, I have created a Workflow rule to send E-mails to customers when ever they create a case. "The from address" of those mails picks the owners name. I want to change this..... How can I do this. Thanks in advance.......... Irshard you can not use email templates. The from field is locked. Use the send email form in wf manager. and set the from field from the user you wnat the email to be sent. if you want the emails to be sent form an account such as helpdesk etc. create a dummy account or contact and send emails via it. Hello, There is no from feild in WF Manager........

Swapping endianness of a long variable
Hi all, I need a function that can swp the endianness of an unsigned long variable. For ex: unsigned long a = 0x12345678; some_func(&a); /* or a = some_other_func(a); */ /* Now the value a should be 0x78563412 */ Till now I have written my own function to perform this swap. Does VC/ VC++ provides any such standard function. Thanks in advance, MJ On 25 Feb 2007 22:58:43 -0800, "MJ_India" <mail.mohitjain@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I need a function that can swp the endianness of an unsigned long >variable. > >For ex: >unsigned long a = 0x1234567...