switching to windows 7

switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i
access e-mails created in outlook express?

0
Jessica

Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy
individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7
Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and
point to where you saved them.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message
> switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how
> can i access e-mails created in outlook express?

0
Bruce
12/22/2009 4:44:21 PM
How many ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i
> access e-mails created in outlook express?

0
winston

hotmail #7
I have set up outlook to receive and send email from and to several email addresses. This works fine except for Hotmail. Hotmail always says server unavailable. I get a little ballon saying that and that http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode. Why doesn't hotmail work? I have configured it as http and, unlike my other accounts, entries were entered automatically when I used tools and email accounts. Thanks for any help. The link only gives a user name and pw dialog box. "jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Opening a new window from the main window
I am trying to open a new window from the main window in MFC. I would like to launch a new window from the main window using a menu selection on the main window. The secondary window should be of the same type as the main window. I want the secondary window to draw a graph in. Can this be done in MFC? A few people I have spoken to have told me that it's not possible and that one must use a (modeless) dialog box or some other type of window for the secondary window. Help appreciated. fred. You can open up any windows you want and even launch other applications using MFC. I don't ...

Reminders Window
For some reason when I put a date in a contact Flag for Follow-up it no longer shows in the reminders window - how can I get this function back? ...

Windows mail
How do I make my default email. Outlook is the default now. I just looked under Options in Window Mail. It says, "This application is the default Mail handler." When I click on an email address it opens Outlook and when I try to email a group it opens Outlook. "Lahkpari" wrote: > How do I make my default email. Outlook is the default now. I'd like to get "Windows Mail" back into the top of the menu that comes up with clicking on the Start globe in the taskbar. I deleted it thinking it would confuse the 92 year old client whose machine th...

Receipt Printer Windows Driver
Is there anyway for the cash drawer not to open when doing a reprint while using a windows printer rather than OPOS? Thanks, Steve ...

Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 is anyone using this?
Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for devices? I love the quick bootup. I use the WEPOS operating system successfully in a number of installations. Microsoft certified WEPOS with RMS when they introduced version 2.0. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Retail Management Systems of Arkansas 300 South Rodney Parham Road Parham Place - Suite 1 Little Rock, AR 72205-4747 (Tel) 501-412-5686 (Fax) 501-374-3636 Email: kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote: > Is this something we would be able to use with RMS? Or is this just for > de...

Converting from OE to Windows Mail
I'm using outdated OE6 on a PC with XP. Can I update to Windows Mail? I want to use my roadrunner address. I downloaded Windows Live Messager but don't see a way to do it from there. No, you can't use Windows Mail on XP. You can use Windows Live Mail. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Lisa" <NoOne@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:O92FaOm4KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm using outdated OE6 on a PC with XP. Can I update to Windows Mail? I > want to use my roadrunner addres...

Windows grouping how?
Anyone knows how Windows does the windows grouping in the taskbar area? For example when there are more than 3 windows explorer, all three will be group together. And when click, there will be a popup toolbar with a list of windows available. Thanks, Snow ...

Windows XP blue screen
I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I have found on the web it is called. I can't seem to find the error by searching on the web that I have on my computer. I have the following error: STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0) I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does not. Thanks to any help in advance!! -- wevie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wevie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159022.htm View this thread: http://forum...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Brother MFC 8420 compatibility with Windows XP
I have a Brother MFC 8420 which serves as my printer. I am running Windows XP 2002 Home Edition and whenever i try to turn my computer off, it gets as far as "Windows is shutting Down" and stops. It does not shut down unless I have turned my MFC off before starting the shut down. any one have any ideas? Thanks. That is the wrong kind of MFC. This MFC group is for programming using Microsoft Foundation Classes. Try here: http://www.brother.com/library/websites/www.com/top_new/support/index.htm AliR. "Sam Goodbaum" <SamGoodbaum@discussions.microsoft.com>...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

windows media player not in windows 7 home premium
I tried to download wmp to no avail it wont download. where do i go from here? I have windows media encoder, does that mean anything? WMP should already be included in a default Windows 7 installation, unless you have Windows 7 N Edition. In that case, you can download the Media Feature Pack, which includes WMP: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=31017ed3-166a-4c75-b90c-a6cef9b414c4&displayLang=en Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Mort Billings wrote: > I tried to download wmp to no avail it wont download. > where do i go f...

Close Lead Window after Converting to Opportunity
Hi All, Anyone knows javascript code or any code that can do Close Lead Form/Window once Convert Lead to Opportunity? it means there is only Opportunity window is open. Thanks adn Appreciations. -Toi Hi Toi, try the following - untested - javascript code in the lead onLoad event: if ( document.getElementById('_MBconvertLead') != null ) { convertLead(); window.close(); } Notice: This is an unsupported modification. Best regards, Christoph "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A36B5C16-BB3B-4F36-BB44-...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

When I click some links from MSDN start page, it'll pop up a window indicate a Runtime error
Hi: When I click some links from MSDN start page, it'll pop up a window indicate a Runtime error (attached photo),and I found this error will happen when the property of links is like javascript::objectname.click()��. the property have two kind of type : 1: javascript:alink_10.Click() 2�� mk:@MSITStore:E:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio\MSDN98\98VS\205 2\vcedit.chm::/html/vcrefwhatsnewcompilervisualc6.0.htm#wn6dependencies_now_ stored_in_a_text_file 1 : it will occur error�� 2 : it works normal how to solve it ? thank you! ...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

'9' changes to '7'
Hello, I have a user with an unusual problem. When he enters the number 9 into a cell in Excel 2000 and presses Enter the cursor moves to the cell below and the number 9 changes to the number 7. He has discovered a workaround, which is to enter the number 99, Enter, return to the cell and backspace over the righthand 9 and leave a single 9 in the cell. Excel then keeps the single digit 9. Has anyone ever seen this or anything similar? We have run setup to repair Excel and we have uninstalled/reinstalled. Thanks in advance for any intput. Tell your user to delete the autocorrect entry f...

Windows Live to Outlook
Can you tell me how I can transfer all my emails from Windows Live account to Outlook? (I think it is Outlook 2007 I have). I don’t want to lose all my emails and contacts etc. Thanks! You'll need to use the outlook connector. http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?FamilyID=9a2279b1-df0a-46e1-aa93-7d4870871ecf&displaylang=en -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messagi...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

Outlook reminders #7
Hi Does anyone know how to close multiple reminders that annoyingly pop up just when you need to work on something urgent. I try to reset day/time but they seem to revert to every 5 mins. What version of Outlook? Outlook 2002 and 2003 offer a unified reminder window where you can manage your reminders in one window, dismissing, snoozing, etc. en masse or one by one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

windows media player #11 08-07-10
I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but some will not. When I try and play them a pop up that says this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.Create an association in the folder option control panel. can someone tell me how to do this. Thanks TJStevens "TJ STEVENS" <tstevens@progressivetel.com> wrote in message news:%23Cq5fnkNLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but >some will no...

Windows PowerShell Documentation Review
Regarding this blogpost: Windows PowerShell Documentation Review https://msmvps.com/blogs/jeffloucks/archive/2010/02/25/windows-powershell-documentation-review.aspx from that blogpost: "As a member, you'll get to read and comment on the Help docs before they're published, and work with the writers, editors, and the product team to make sure every word is really helpful." Does anyone here have any information about this project? Is there repository for these contributed comments separate from https://connect.microsoft.com/powershell ? - Larry I help ma...

64 bit Win 7 and Live
I downloaded Live, just the email client, and it will not start on my Win 7 64 bit system. I get some error message about disk full or low memory. Any ideas of what's wrong? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02D0_01CAD492.D944F810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable reboot. has happened occaionally on OE as well as windows mail. mikeyhsd@hotmail.com "D.Duck" <Don@lald.net> wrote in message = news:%23j0e$1K1KHA.776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... ...