Strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail

I saw some strange behavior when installing Windows
Live Mail on one of my computers.

1.  First, the installation apparently completed successfully,
but with nothing on the screen that said the program
was now accessible.  I had to search through the directories
for wlmail.exe in order to start the program.

2. It then came up in a mode of importing from Windows
Mail - first the accounts, which imported successfully,
then the email already downloaded.  This hung overnight
on importing one of the folders from a gmail IMAP
account - apparantly, it needed a human response on
what it should do with the [Gmail] folder and never got
around to asking for that response until I halted the
wlmail.exe program, restarted it, and clicked on that folder.

3.  It then started importing the already downloaded
newsgroups posts not already moved to storage folders,
and when it finished that, it also imported the first five
of the Recovered Messages folders, but not the rest of
them or the storage folders.

How can I make it import the other Recovered Messages
folders and the rather large number of storage folders?

0
robertmiles

Big deal...I can't even install the damned thing. I've tried
everything under the sun and its a no go. I give up on it. I can
still get my Hotmail through the web interface so Microsoft can
stick their new concept LIVE shit.

The attempted installation screwed up the old version 12 so it
doesn't work either. Microsoft is being run my dummies. Also the
Update now turns into a continuous never ending loop and
requires a refresh to get a latch onto their overloaded system.
This happened a few years ago as well and it took them ages
before they go it fixed.

==

<robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
>I saw some strange behavior when installing Windows
> Live Mail on one of my computers.
>
> 1.  First, the installation apparently completed successfully,
> but with nothing on the screen that said the program
> was now accessible.  I had to search through the directories
> for wlmail.exe in order to start the program.
>
> 2. It then came up in a mode of importing from Windows
> Mail - first the accounts, which imported successfully,
> then the email already downloaded.  This hung overnight
> on importing one of the folders from a gmail IMAP
> account - apparantly, it needed a human response on
> what it should do with the [Gmail] folder and never got
> around to asking for that response until I halted the
> wlmail.exe program, restarted it, and clicked on that folder.
>
> 3.  It then started importing the already downloaded
> newsgroups posts not already moved to storage folders,
> and when it finished that, it also imported the first five
> of the Recovered Messages folders, but not the rest of
> them or the storage folders.
>
> How can I make it import the other Recovered Messages
> folders and the rather large number of storage folders?

0
Doug

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Outlook doesn't startup anymore after install Norton Antivirus 201
I installed Norton Antivirus two weeks ago and since then I'm not able anymore to startup Outlook. A friend of mine discoverd that in the Application Data no more pst.file was available. I have Windows XP and Office 2007 Entreprise edition. When I startup my Outlook I get an error message stating that Outlook hadn't been closed down properly and if I want to startup in Save Mode. Now, this doesn't work and the screen asks me to send info about this case to Microsoft. Anyone out there, who can help me? Uninstall Norton http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninf...

Way to recovery license/product key used in install?
I neglected to write down which product key I used on a register I installed. I need to rebuild that particular register and re-install RMS, and obviously I'd like to use the same license I originally used. Is there a way to recover which product key I used? I've got it narrowed down to 3 (two are completely unused as of yet). ...

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

have windows home premium
Hi, I need to update the file listed in the Subject to install Oracle 11g release 1 to my DHCP-assigned internet connected (FIOS) PC. I successfully followed Oracle's instructions to add a Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and need to add an entry to the hosts file. However the Windows subdirectory is read-only, and even tho my user has Administrator privs, I can't change this. It seems to work, but when I look at it afterwards (and it takes about 15 agonizing minutes because it changes protections file-by-file, and there are I believe 50k files) it's still read-only. ...

Using 2003 runtime, Access 2007 installed...
Hi Dumb-ish question:- Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 is already installed on the PC? All help gratefully received. TIA Steve "CyberDwarf" <sdi@lineone.net> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 >is already installed on the PC? Yes. This assumes that the version of Office 2007 does not contain Access 2007. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, ...

Installation problem with Outlook 2000: 'The operation failed due to an installa
I installed Outlook 2000 on a laptop, which already had some of the Office 2002 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). When I try to open Outlook I get an error message 'The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall'. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook a couple of times, but still the same problem. Does anyboday have an idea what the problem could be and how it could be solved? ...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

new install - outlooks show up as off line
used to be network computer - can't sync palm to outlook it wont connect offline. Was Outlook previously displaying an Exchange Server mailbox? "duke7777" <duke7777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B672050F-1EF6-4B26-8DD5-1B3B6F114FE6@microsoft.com... > used to be network computer - can't sync palm to outlook it wont connect > offline. yes that's correct. I changed it to a .pst data file but when it opens it still show working offline. I can't sync palm becuse it can't connect offline. please advise "Vince Averello [...

installation #5
Installing Pub XP on Win XP home edition - error 1402 message. How to fix??? OFFXP: Error 1402 When You Run Office XP Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;302853 I could not find an article that is Windows XP specific, however the above Knowledge Base article may give you insight. There is a solution here if you have Norton: http://www.computingondemand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

junk mail disappears but can view on internet
My first post. Junk mail folder will show it contains (lets say 7) new messages, but the outlook folder is empty. If I go to the internet and log in to my email, the 7 messages are visible there. Some junk mail stays in outlook, some disappears and can only be viewed on internet. This is a hotmail acct btw. I suspect may be something to do with settings - how do I check these? Many thanks! -- stevie wonder stevie wonder wrote: > My first post. > Junk mail folder will show it contains (lets say 7) new messages, but > the outlook folder is empty. If I go to the internet and log ...

Exchange 2003 Eval Expired but Full version installed
I have the same situation as Brandon Riffel reported (Exchange 2003 Ent event ID 1182, false report of beta version) on 10/1/2004. I chose to post newly instead of reply because I found the Q Article that addresses this "KB840015" entitled "How to recover databases that were created while using a trial version of Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition or Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server". Well since the Product Page for the the Eval "http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/trial/2003.asp" explicitly says... You can upgrade from the Exchange Server ...

Frequent updates and Windows installer
Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter. Thank you Only if the computer is running. NizzO wrote: > Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per > day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter. > > Thank you > NizzO wrote: > >> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per day for >> years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter. >> >> T...

hyperlinks in received e-mails in Outlook
When I click on a hyperlink in a received e-mail in Outlook I get the following box: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". Please help. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "dhariri" <dhariri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3273FC95-84FE-4A0A-9E8D-EF99A5B1E690@mic...

installing 2002
I have a new vista machine with MS Works on it. I thought I should be able to install my 2002 upgrade, but apparently it wont work. I tried my Access 97 upgrade and it also wont work. Shouldnt Works qualify so that I ca install and Access upgrade? Joe wrote: > I have a new vista machine with MS Works on it. I thought I should be > able to install my 2002 upgrade, but apparently it wont work. I tried > my Access 97 upgrade and it also wont work. Shouldnt Works qualify so > that I ca install and Access upgrade? I seem to recall that it did on only a few versions, but most not....

How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client
How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client? And if it is not how do I set it default? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults. And in IE: Tools | Internet Options | Programs. Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different programs. You will get better help in an MS Outlook newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.General news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.configuration news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.installation news://msnews.micr...

DEVFUND-0046 requirement for Windows Logo Submission
Hi, As you may know there is a new requirement for Window Logo the is going to be effective June 1, 2010 (DEVFUND-0046). I was wondering if this new requirement also applies to drivers that are submitted under the Unclassified Category? Thanks. kambizt <kambizt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >As you may know there is a new requirement for Window Logo the is going to >be effective June 1, 2010 (DEVFUND-0046). I was wondering if this new >requirement also applies to drivers that are submitted under the Unclassified >Category? You'll have t...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Cannot install MS CRM 3.0c laptopclient
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm) fails to install given the error message: No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was returned. Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else encountered this? Jon Jon, to be able to help you, I need following info. 1. What is version of CRM laptop client? 2. What is your PC&...

making a top level window
I am trying to make a color picker control similar in concept to a drop down combo box. I've created the drop down window as a child of the frame. When I fire it from a dialog bar it draws the window, but it's at the bottom of the z order so it can't get any focus. When I add the flag to insert the window at the top of the z order, the portion that's in the view gets drawn over. How do I correctly make a window that would be able to be at the top of the z order, but not get drawn over by the view? Thanks I do not fully understand the problem. Could your provide some more ...

2001 on XP
I had 2001 Standard on my system before I upgraded to XP. When I wanted to use it on my partner's user account, it would not work - so I reinstalled the product. Only, it corrupted the application somehow so that Cost Basis no longer displayed for investments. NOT GOOD. So I removed the application, ran the Registry cleaner download from the Microsoft site, and reinstalled the product. It will not reinstall. Is there a workaround? How can I fix this? Please respond to the e-mail below -- Jane Sorensen jane_sorensen@hotmail.com "Morality is a system designed to make the world as h...

Mail Rules not processing
I was using Outlook Express then decided to swap to Outlook. My rules seem to have been imported okay but none of them are being processed. I can run the rule wizard and have it 'run now' and then they are processed properly. I tried adding a couple more rules thinking that maybe it's just the rules from my OE. They fail too... I'm using Outlook XP on Win XP. Any help would be highly appreciated. Open the Rules Wizard and ensure your rules are checked. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest vi...

Activate/Show window if app already running
Hi, I have an EXE (say A) which needs to invoke another app (say B). So, from app A, I just do a ShellExecute(of process B), without checking if it is running or not. In InitInstance() of process B, I do this: //If app is running: check existence of named mutex { HWND hWndPrev = NULL; CString strWnd; strWnd.LoadString(IDS_APPNAME); hWndPrev = ::FindWindowEx(NULL, NULL, NULL, strWnd); if (hWndPrev) ::ShowWindow(hWndPrev, SW_SHOW); return FALSE; } But the problem is that, this doesn't show up the window if it exists, and is minimized or is in the background. Could someone help ...

Installation media
I bought an Office 2007 Ultimate package in DVD format and need to put on a machine that has CD only. Can I get CD format for installing on this machine? I searched office website and could not find this information. Thank you for your help. Ron Brock soweebee@hotmail.com Buy a cd/dvd combo drive - simplest/easyiest solution "soweebee" <soweebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E97A5C9-376B-4725-9B94-3BA1F13D9B54@microsoft.com... >I bought an Office 2007 Ultimate package in DVD format and need to put on a > machine that has CD only. Can I...

Mail Server
Hi ,I have just installed Windows 7 and I find that I cannot have Outlook Express. If I continue with Windows Mail can I use my existing mail server or do I throw out Windows 7 for something else -- artysan Outlook Express was last used in XP. You're posting in the Vista newsgroup. Do you want to use Windows Live Mail, the successor to OE and Windows Mail (Vista)? That you can easily do with your current mail server with Win7. It sets up the same as OE did. Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download): http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview -- Bruce...