Spellcheck Doesn't Work

Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error
message, nothing

Is it "turned on" . . . . Tools - Options - Spelling tab - CHECK first box
"Always check spelling before sending"

"Ocoee" <Ocoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error
> message, nothing

0
slk759
11/17/2009 7:13:20 AM
Alt + T, Options, Spelling tab, is Check spelling as I type checked?
Misspelled words will be underlined.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Ocoee" <Ocoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error
> message, nothing

0
Ron
11/17/2009 10:59:57 AM
"check before sending" was not on, is on now, "check as typing" was on  --
still no indication of misspelling

"Ocoee" wrote:

> Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error
> message, nothing
What spelling language is installed?
Which is the default?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

> "check before sending" was not on, is on now, "check as typing" was on  --
> still no indication of misspelling
>
> "Ocoee" wrote:
>
>> Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error
>> message, nothing

0
Ron
11/17/2009 6:05:57 PM
"check spelling in current input language" is checked

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> What spelling language is installed?
> Which is the default?
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Ocoee" <Ocoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "check before sending" was not on, is on now, "check as typing" was on  --
> > still no indication of misspelling
> >
> > "Ocoee" wrote:
> >
> >> Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error
> >> message, nothing
>
> .

Now Ron's gone to bed, next question: what is your current input language?
If you've never changed it, it's probably the same as your OS language, but
there might be a discrepancy. You can see the default in Regional and
Language Options in Control Panel, on the Languages tab. Then you have to
make sure that the dictionary for that language is installed (not just
'available') at the foot of Options > Spelling. If the
dictionary for your default input language is installed, you should try
repairing your installation. Close down WLMail, find Windows Live
Essentials in the Add or Remove Programs wizard in Control Panel and select
Change/Remove, then Repair. When it's finished, reboot, make sure you're
connected to the Internet and online and then restart WLMail. Test the
spell checker again. If it's still not working, try with Autocorrect turned
off.
--
Noel

> "check spelling in current input language" is checked
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> What spelling language is installed?
>> Which is the default?

>> "Ocoee" <Ocoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > "check before sending" was not on, is on now, "check as typing" was
>> > n  -- still no indication of misspelling

0
Ildhund

Code fails, but then works!
Hi all, I have a bit of code which sends an email (Novell Groupwise). It fails when I first click the command button, but once I hit the [END] button for the error (as in End/Debug screen), and then click the command button again, the darned thing works! Can anybody see from the code below why it should fail at the first attempt, but then work on the second attempt?? thanks in anticipation <snip> Dim StrWho As String Dim StrFullname As String Dim StrAmount As String Dim StrNextDate As String StrWho = Me.Text20 & "@gwahs.health.nsw.gov.au" Str...

Working Offline
Hi All We have just started using sharepoint as our intranet and have just started creating document libaries. I have a user who uses Office 2003, he needs to access these documents in the libary at home. We used to do this using offline folders. Is there a similar method in Sharepoint? or is there a better method to access files stored in Share point whithout being constantly connected to Sharepoint as our internet connection at work is not the quickest Thanks in advance I use Colligio (3rd party) for this purpose. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 21/12/09 22:25, Mu...

what if scanpst doesn't work
Hi, What can I do if scanpst doesn't work on a Office 2007 pst file? My Outook will not load it (my pst file) as it says that it is not a Personal Folder File. lenny109 wrote: > Hi, > What can I do if scanpst doesn't work on a Office 2007 pst file? My Outook > will not load it (my pst file) as it says that it is not a Personal Folder > File. Restore from your backups. oh if only! "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:hqlaso$uqn$1@news.albasani.net... > lenny109 wrote: > >> Hi, >> What can I do if...

working directory
Was running access 97 in fat format. because all my other logical drives were NTFS i created a fat j: drive. I've since upgraded to access 2002 and no longer need the Fat drive. I though I pointed Access O2 to other drives for data and program storage. However, whenever I open Access 2002 I get the message "MS Access can't change the working directory to J:Database". When I click OK things work normally. This doesn't seem to affect operation but is pesky. What and where is the working directory and how can I modify this to eliminate the message. Bill At a gue...

Excel working in with Outlook
I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry, record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare. Is ther...

Alt+Tab not working for XL2000
All of a sudden, Alt+Tab will not navigate between XL workbooks. (Windows 2000 and Office 2000. ) Other office documents can be nagivated by Alt-Tab, but not Excel workbooks, I can nagivate only to the active workbook. The only change that I have made recently was adding Tracking Changes to a couple of Excel workbooks on the network. Any ideas on how to get my Alt+Tab keys to work in Excel again? Thanks Scott Scott Use Ctrl-Tab to navigate between workbooks, not Alt-Tab. Andy. "Scott" <scott@mail.mail.com> wrote in message news:3F5C9A03.7355EB18@mail.mail.com... > A...

Spellcheck
Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? That's strange? My spell check is working in Text Boxes - Excel2000. -- Regards, Martin "zt" wrote: > Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? how about excel 2003 "Martin" wrote: > That's strange? My spell check is working in Text Boxes - Excel2000. > -- > Regards, > > Martin > > > "zt" wrote: > > > Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? Sorry I don't have access to Excel 2003 but I...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working.
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R57...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Automatic Name Checking not working.
We have 2 pc's with Outlook2003 where the Automatic Check Name isn't working at all. Under Tools/Options/Email Options/ Advanced Email Options, the entry is checked for Automatic Name Checking. Any ideas why this isn't working correctly? Thanks for any leads you can give me. JStangl Explain what you are doing, what you think isn't working and why. Include your data store and your configuration of the Outlook Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jstangl" <jstangl01@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oj8extgYFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >...

Baseline work and no resources?
This seems messed up to me but please tell me if you also see this. In MSP2007 and also MSP2003, I have discovered that in projects without resources that if I save a baseline in a file, with no resources at all, that the SW is calculating what would equal 1 FTE worth of baseline work on each non-zero duration task. The baseline work in this case can be seen in a resource usage view if you add the baseline work field. The baseline work is not timephased. Why woud it be doing this and how do I stop it? I tested with MSP SP2 and Dec CU and also the April 2010 CU. I also tested on ot...

OWA does not work after installing SP2 on Exchange 2003
I have installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 and now when I go to check my email at home I cannot get onto my server. It keeps telling me to enter my domain\username. Was there soemthing I should have done after installing SP2? All I did was restart my machine. I am running Exchange on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Acces was working previous to installing SP2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Manny Is this happening internally too? Anything in the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Manny Barrer...

Link stopped working
Money Small Business 2004 IE7 Windows XP Home Edition After downloading bank statements, the "Items To Review" link has stopped working. It shows that I have items to review, but the link does not work. I recently added a third account from the same bank, my wife's personal account, as well as mine and and joint account. Downloads didn't work quite right so I deleted my wife's account and started a separate file for her. This was about the time I started having problems with the reviewing link, so I suspect this may have something to do with it. Any thoughts as to how t...

Forward http to http not working
I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o want to work. I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . thanks! Sean On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:54:45 -0700, Sean <doyoureallyneedthis@nospam.name> wrote: >I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o >want to work. >I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 >All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . Did you set up SSL on the virtual directory with a ce...

Multiple Change on Category Does Not Work
Does anyone else have this problem? I just converted to Money 2005 Deluxe and I'm trying to clean some of my records up. When I am looking at a category (by going to Banking --> Account Tools --> Categories and Payees), it will show me all the transactions that have that category. There is a button that says "Change Category..." I can use this to change just one transaction, but if I highlight more than one, it will not change them all. It only changes the last one that is highlighted. Should I submit this as a bug and if so where? Thanks, Micky In microsoft.public....

CListCtrl EnableGroupView does not work
Hello, I'm using the following code (VS2003): LRESULT res = m_listGroup.EnableGroupView(TRUE); BOOL bEnabled = m_listGroup.IsGroupViewEnabled(); if(bEnabled) { } res gets 0 and bEnabled gets 0. Any one knows why? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. In which view mode do you try this? Which version of comctl32.dll are you using? Timo -- www.TimoSoft-Software.de - the home of ExplorerTreeView Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP! Janiv Ratson schrieb: > 5.82.2900.2180 You need version 6.0 to use groups. Timo -- www.TimoSoft-Software.de - the home of ExplorerTreeView Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP! Icons...

Spellcheck
I have outlook express which came with my VAIO. I have noticed that I don't have the capability to spellcheck anything. It's like the program doesn't have spellcheck loaded. Does anyone know where I can get spellckeck for outlook express? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplo...

Spellchecker
Does Outlook 2003 include a spellchecker or do I have to install Word for the spell checker function? >-----Original Message----- >Does Outlook 2003 include a spellchecker or do I have to >install Word for the spell checker function? >. >No it does not. I am having the same trouble and was told to install Microsoft Office which has WORD and EXCHANGE program. >-----Original Message----- >Does Outlook 2003 include a spellchecker or do I have to >install Word for the spell checker function? >. >You need word for outlook express spellchecker to work >---...

OWA does not work
Hi, I am tying to setup OWA on Exhange 2003 but when I try to test this from the LAN side by typing http://servername/exchange I am prompted to login. No matter what combination of login I use itkeeps failing with access denied. My question is how should I test this from within the local domain prior to going live. Should I be logging in with domain.local\username, UPN using local domain name or the public domain ie public domain.co.uk. I have installed exchange and I have not changed any permissions within IIS. I am able to connect to my mailbox via outlook OK. Please help I have no ...

Email accounts not working
MacBook Pro, 2.53 Ghz, Memory 4GB, Mac OS x 10.5.8, Entourage 2008, POP > > Please help with my headache. I have 4 email addresses and would like to > receive and send for all through Entourage. However I am experiencing > problems with them as follows: > > 1. Gmail. Default account and works fine > 2. IMAP through Microsoft Exchange. Entourage will not talk to the server > (have tested). Can send and receive whilst within the firewall at my company > but not outside. All my colleagues can with Outlook on Windows. My IT > Manager has given up trying. ...

why my BeforeUpdate does not work?
I intentionally tried both conditions but MsgBox does not start. Where did I do wrong? Private Sub cboFrom_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.From < DMin("TimeIn", "qryVisitData") Then MsgBox ("FROM cannot be earlier than downloaded data range") Cancel = True End If If Me.From > Me.To Then MsgBox ("FROM must be same or earler than TO") Cancel = True End If End Sub Hi Song Su, Is your combobox named "Me.From" or "Me.cboFrom". Judging from the event name, it's unlikely ...

Spellcheck and deleting
My spellcheck does not work. When clicking spellcheck, it always confirms spelling as correct, when it is not. Also, it used to automatically check the spelling when I sent a message - it no longer does this. My second problem is that my delete does not always work. Sometimes when I hit delete, the message is deleted as it is supposed to do. Other times, nothing happens. I uninstalled outlook express and then reinstalled it hoping this might solve my problem(s). It did not. Any advise you can give me would be appreicated. Than you. What version of Outlook are you using? Note: ...

Worksheet_SelectionChange not working
Hi, Being relatively new to Excel, I've tried to implement some stuff for setting a checkmark in cells when clicked. I've found a solution for this at http://www.mrexcel.com/archive2/1900/2145.htm which gives me the code found below. The problem is that nomatter what I do it seems that the Worksheet_SelectionChange is never called??? Could somebody give me a clue. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B1:B20")) Is Nothing Then If Target = "a" Then Target = vbNullString End End If If Targe...

how do you deploy publisher 2003 templates to other networked work
In Publisher 2003, the Templates > My Templates option in the 'New Publication' sidebar does not show up until you actually create a template first. My problem is that i want to deploy some publisher templates that i have created for our workgroup to use but the templates option does show up on their computers unless they actually create a template themselves. I've set the group templates location correctly in Word and my publisher templates do show up in their Publisher templates sidebar after i've gone through the process of saving a file as a template on their com...

working for youself
--_NextPart_000097E0-00000B88-0007A2E1-1F71 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I just found this site www.a1yes.com/100k about earning an extra $100k a year I must get a copy www.a1yes.com/100k --_NextPart_000097E0-00000B88-0007A2E1-1F71-- ...