Some accounts will not sync automatically

I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP
I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of the
accounts do not sync automatically.
Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or receiving.
If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will sync
perfectly but not automatically.
I am baffled.
I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they are
identical.
Pleas can someone help me.

What type of accounts are they (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)?

How many accounts do you have?

You might be running into a limit on the number of accounts that can be
synched at a time.  I'm not sure what the limits are in WLM.  If I
recall correctly, in OE it was 32.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP
> I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of
> the
> accounts do not sync automatically.
> Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or
> receiving.
> If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will
> sync
> perfectly but not automatically.
> I am baffled.
> I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they
> are
> identical.
> Pleas can someone help me.

0
Michael
1/13/2010 10:22:22 PM
Thanks Michael,
It is a POP3 account I am battling with. I have 9 accounts but only 4 are
set to be included automatically with each sync. The other 3 are working
perfectly. This one will only sync if I manually select it but then does work
so the settings must be right. I have removed and re installed it but no
change. I also tried un ticking the include box the re ticking it but still
no joy.

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> What type of accounts are they (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)?
>
> How many accounts do you have?
>
> You might be running into a limit on the number of accounts that can be
> synched at a time.  I'm not sure what the limits are in WLM.  If I
> recall correctly, in OE it was 32.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP
> > I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of
> > the
> > accounts do not sync automatically.
> > Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or
> > receiving.
> > If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will
> > sync
> > perfectly but not automatically.
> > I am baffled.
> > I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they
> > are
> > identical.
> > Pleas can someone help me.
>

> .

Today it started working. I changed nothing. No idea what happened.

"Ray" wrote:

> Thanks Michael,
> It is a POP3 account I am battling with. I have 9 accounts but only 4 are
> set to be included automatically with each sync. The other 3 are working
> perfectly. This one will only sync if I manually select it but then does work
> so the settings must be right. I have removed and re installed it but no
> change. I also tried un ticking the include box the re ticking it but still
> no joy.
>
> "Michael Santovec" wrote:
>
> > What type of accounts are they (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)?
> >
> > How many accounts do you have?
> >
> > You might be running into a limit on the number of accounts that can be
> > synched at a time.  I'm not sure what the limits are in WLM.  If I
> > recall correctly, in OE it was 32.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
> >

> > "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP
> > > I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of
> > > the
> > > accounts do not sync automatically.
> > > Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or
> > > receiving.
> > > If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will
> > > sync
> > > perfectly but not automatically.
> > > I am baffled.
> > > I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they
> > > are
> > > identical.
> > > Pleas can someone help me.
> >

> > .

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

automatically add banner graphic to emails
Hi, I�m looking for way or a little add-on that will automatically place specified jpeg or gif banner at the top of each email whenever yo click on New. I thought it would be simple but I�m not having much luc yet. Thanks, Deuc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Automatically Change Lead Status????
I am new to this, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the lead status on numerous leads (275) at one time that were created on a specific date (imported in) but only if they still stay New. What we are doing is we have mailings going out each week where then our sales personnel have 30 days in which to contact the clients that received the letters. The sales personnel are then supposed to change the lead status from New to Contacted. If they have not contacted the clients I want to be able to run something that changes all of those statuses to overdue. Any help would be...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Help syncing email
HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but they want sync to pc. Depends on your PDA and conduit software. Check with the PDA manufacturer. Ellowyn wrote: > HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but > they want sync to pc. Ellowyn <ellowynb1@hotmail.com> wrote: > HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but > they want sync to pc. If you have a Pocket PC, download ActiveSync (which should have been included on your PDA's companion CD) from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/activesync...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

removing automatic link
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks can be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office 2000... Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Billing goddess wrote: > Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks can > be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can > remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office 2000... Tha...

information from one form to automatically be put into another
I have created one form where a sales consultant chooses customer selections from a drop-down list and in some cases a check box. When the selection is made, can this information go directly into a specific spot on the contract which is a different document? If so, how do I do this? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "KellyR" <KellyR@discussions...

Service pack 2 will not install on Vista
I am trying to install Service Pack 2 on Vista, but it just will not install on my laptop. I have tried all the solutions that are given on the help, such as using the readiness tool, stand alone installation, uninstalling McAfee, etc. with no luck. The installation goes through steps 1 and 2 fine, then gets to 100 % on step 3, bu then it gives me a message "Service pack did not install, Reverting Changes" and after about a hour, I get back into Vista, where it gives me a message that installation was unsuccessful and under the details its says: ERROR_SERVICE_CANNOT_AC...

Can't sync with MSN Money
About a month ago Money 2004 stopped synchronizing my data with MSN Money. It has been working fine previously (with both Money 2004 and Money 2003). Now, whenever I "update now..." the call summary message for MSN Money Synchronization says: "An unexpected error has occured. Your data is not being synchronized with MSN Money on the Web." My Passport is valid, I haven't changed my password, and I can view my OLD data (from the last time it sync'd correctly which was "50 days ago") on MSN Money (My Money). I've searched help, the KB, and this forum b...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

stop automatic increment of dates
Using Excel 2003, from Office XP, SP1 I usually want to use autofill w/o making it a series. I finally turned it off for most numbers, although I can't remember where the options box is located. However, I can't get the dates to stay put, except to show "autofill options" & select "copy cells." I really wish these autocomplete & autofill series options were "opt-in" rather than "search for the option in every menu, clear the box, then see if it does what you want it to." Or rather, doesn't do what I never wanted it to do in t...

How do I automatically remove carriage returns in Excel?
I have an Excel spreadsheet saved from nn Access database that had carriage returns in it. How can I now automatically remove these from Excel? Search-and-replace does not work. Thank you, Mike O. Find hold down alt and type 010 on the numpad, replace with space or nothing should work or run a simple macro like Sub Clean_Carriage_Return() Selection.Replace What:=Chr(10), _ Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False End Sub Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike O." wrote: > I have an Excel spreadsheet saved from nn Access d...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

The VBA IDE will discard changes without warning
I'm no expert, but I have been using VBA for years. Something just happened that I can hardly believe. I made a few minor changes, mostly cosmetic, to a UDF in a personal add-in module. I usually save after every change (Ctrl-S). I guess I was distracted and just closed the editor and Excel. When I reopened the add-in module, the changes were not there. As a test, I made a couple of changes and closed the editor without saving. I got no warning that I had unsaved changes. The add-in file time stamp did not change and when I reopened the module, the changes were gone. Did I ...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...