Show/hide Storage folders

There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown up again.
 Can anyone tell me where I can find the option to hide Storage folders again?

On the Menu Bar: View | Layout | Folder Pane.

Can't see the Menu Bar? Press Alt.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown up
> again.
> Can anyone tell me where I can find the option to hide Storage folders
> again?

0
Bruce
4/28/2010 4:04:23 AM
View, Layout, Folder pane, uncheck "Show storage folders".
If you can't see the menu bar, click the Alt key first.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown up =
again.=20
> Can anyone tell me where I can find the option to hide Storage folders =
again?
0
Gary
4/28/2010 5:30:33 AM
Hallelujah. Thanks so much for this clue ... I didn't know this option was
there. On my new Win 7 machine, using the very same version of WLMail, I
simply could NOT get any folders in the folder pane other than the defaults
that show up under each email account. I tried very hard to create a top
level folder called "Storage" and "Saved Items." It would not let me. I
thought this was something to do with Win 7. Will go fire it up right now to
see if "Show Storage Folders" is unchecked in that copy of WLMail.

tnx ... vanilla

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> View, Layout, Folder pane, uncheck "Show storage folders".
> If you can't see the menu bar, click the Alt key first.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown up
>> again.
>> Can anyone tell me where I can find the option to hide Storage folders
>> again?

0
vanilla
5/6/2010 11:36:57 PM
You're very welcome. When you get Storage folders to show up, it will be
at the bottom of the folder list, below Outbox. Unfortunately, its =
location
cannot be permanently moved to a higher position.=20

"vanilla" <vanilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hallelujah. Thanks so much for this clue ... I didn't know this option =
was=20
> there. On my new Win 7 machine, using the very same version of WLMail, =
I=20
> simply could NOT get any folders in the folder pane other than the =
defaults=20
> that show up under each email account. I tried very hard to create a =
top=20
> level folder called "Storage" and "Saved Items." It would not let me. =
I=20
> thought this was something to do with Win 7. Will go fire it up right =
now to=20
> see if "Show Storage Folders" is unchecked in that copy of WLMail.
>=20
> tnx ... vanilla
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> View, Layout, Folder pane, uncheck "Show storage folders".
>> If you can't see the menu bar, click the Alt key first.
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>>> There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown =
up=20
>>> again.
>>> Can anyone tell me where I can find the option to hide Storage =
folders=20
>>> again?=20

0
Gary

personal folders backup add-in
Hi: For Outlook 2002. After the above software is installed SUCCESSFULLY, when I open the Outlook FILE MENU the word BACKUP is not there. I have uninstallaed and reinstalled the MS add-in twice, and the message says "successful" installation. Does anyone know why this is happening and what to do about it? Please reply to support@cyberlane.org. Thanks. ...

Hiding amounts
Is there a way to keep the formatting in a cell, but hide the amounts? I have a document that is adding amounts and my employer doesn't want to see the running total all throughout the document. Any ideas?? You could hide the column containing the running total or change the text colour to white (or your background colour). "sunshine09" wrote: > Is there a way to keep the formatting in a cell, but hide the amounts? I have > a document that is adding amounts and my employer doesn't want to see the > running total all throughout the document. Any idea...

Can I hide a project custom fields ?
Hi everyone, I created a project custom fields but since it's a formula field I would like to hide it in the Project Information Panel. How can I do this ? A bit like in PWA, the project detail page never shows formula fields. Thanks -- Jean-Sébastien Dubois I'm using Project Server 2007 by the way -- Jean-Sébastien Dubois "Jici" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I created a project custom fields but since it's a formula field I would > like to hide it in the Project Information Panel. How can I do this ? > > A ...

Excel application for backup and sync of files between folders and computers
Hi, I have developed an application in MS Excel for backup and file synchronization between different storages such as folders or computers. It helps me to keep an efficient memory usage for the set of my files. I wish to know if there are people who need such an application. Short description of the application: The user's input is written in a worksheet by specifying the folder names including/excluding subfolders for both source and destination folders as well as filters (text strings) for folder and file names to be included or excluded. Files are copied from a source to ...

Inbox sub Folders
What is the file extension type for Outlook 2000? Where folder are they defaulted stored to? How do I get Outlook to switch to this folder if I have lost it during a recent update? Are you running standalone or against Exchange Server? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gene" <gkcline@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1dea801c423d5$489e0be0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What is the file extension type for Outlook 2000? > Where folder are they defaulted stored to? > How do I get Outlook to switch to this folder if I have > lost it during a recent update? I assume it is S...

Resources and Public Folder
Hi, I want to use a calendar in a public folder to manage resources (vehicles, camera, room...) ? How can I do that on Exchange 2003? Rickpier PS : I already set up a resources which automatically respond but I don't know how to publicate this calendar... In Outlook just create a new folder, but ensure that it's set to hold calendar items and not normal mail messages. The problem with calendars as meeting rooms is that you cannot get the free/busy info up for them, so a user account and associated mailbox is probably a better idea. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange ne...

Attribute for Exchange storage group admin.
I am looking for a way to write a script that will look at each storage group in exchange 2003 and tell me who has administrative rights. Unless there is a report that exists that can do the same thing. Thanks, Mark Cooper ...

can't hide button.
i tried to remove a button by using: mybutton.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); but it just disabled the function of the button but not the image. do anyone have idea about the problem? thanks. kenneth Make sure you're not re-showing it somewhere else in your code, like on a timer or something. Bassam "kenneth" <kenneth@netxis.com.hk> wrote in message news:eFWerNnSDHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > i tried to remove a button by using: > mybutton.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); > > but it just disabled the function of the button but not the image. > > do anyone have ide...

Home page Performance shows sold investment
Money Plus Premium On Money's Home page is a section showing "Best and worst performers". In that section is a fund that I sold completely several months ago. I no longer hold even one share. Why is it still there? How do I get rid of it? I don't have that fund in any of my accounts. It's not in Investments to Watch, either. ...

Recovery Storage group #6
Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003 I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to add the database to recover, I get the following error: The search filter cannot be recognized. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203e Exchange System Manager I have verified that AD has synced. Any ideas? On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:01:03 -0800, Ann <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003 > >I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to add >the database to recov...

automatically copy incoming messages to public folder
Hello, I need exchange guru's help with this seems to be easy task... How can I automatically copy incoming/outgoing messages to public folder based on trigger words for all exchange users (server level - not a user's mailbox rules wizard approach) Thanks in advance. Ask in an Exchange group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ivan asked: | Hell...

exchange2003 on sbs2003 : move public folders.
I want to (?) move the public folders out of exchange and move them file shares on the bdc. I do not want to recreate the public folders just have users using the shares instead. So that when an attachment comes into a public folder_X, the users will will the attachment from exchange and to the share for safe keeping as we have DPM. On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:51:02 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to (?) move the public folders out of exchange and move them file >shares on the bdc. > >I do not want to recreate the pub...

A picture is printing that does not show on the screen
When I print my document a picture prints, but I can't find it in my document. I don't want it to be anywhere in this document. camsnanny <camsnanny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I print my document a picture prints, but I can't find it in my > document. I don't want it to be anywhere in this document. Do you have watermarks turned on in your printer driver? Is the picture on the Master Page? Press Ctrl+M to check. Is the picture in the Scratch Area? Zoom out and scroll around. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Sent emails don't appear in Outbox OR Sent Items folder
A user running MS Outlook 2000 is having an intermittant problem with emails that are sending (and being received) OK, but do not appear (even briefly) in the Outbox OR in Sent Items, but she has it set by default to save sent items. ...

OL2007 Text Not showing in emails
I just started TRYING to use OL2007 Beta and the following issue is happening: In the Auto Preview I cans ee tect of all the email I am recieving, but in the Review pane, or when opening the full mail, the text of the message is not showing. I have tried chaning the format etc of the email, but nothing is working. Anyone know where and how I can fix this? TIA -- JOHN C. HARRIS; MPA, MBA JCZ CONSULTING OF TAMPA BAY Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For = example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) = You'll still be protected...

Autofilter blue indicator arrow showing on wrong column
Hi, I have an Excel 2002 SP3 spreadsheet containing a status report with 25 columns and less than 100 rows. The status report table has an autofilter applied to it. Normally when you apply a filter using the autofilter drop down for any column, the indicator arrow for the column that is filtered turns blue. However, in my spreadsheet it doesn't - the autofilter arrow two columns to the left turns blue, which is really confusing if you then want to show all rows again! This happens periodically and the only way to reset it is to remove and re-apply the autofilter to...

Move sent items to the sent folder
Sent items are displayed in the specific account folder but not in the storage folder. Is there any way to have sent items automatically moved into the storage folder? Thanks One can manually move them from an account Sent Items folder to the Storage folders Sent Items folder or to a user created folder in the Storage folders. One can also create a rule and apply it manually to move from a Pop3 account Sent Items folder to a user created folder(e.g. SentMail) in the Storage folders -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Thfrank" <thfrank@aol.com> wrote in me...

Mailbox Storage Size
How can I get information about the Mailboks Storage Used directly in Outlook - may be a Macro(VBS) can tell me ? Affe Rightclick the root of your mailbox-> Properties-> button Folder Size -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Affe" <affe17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0ee501c49968$dd766970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > > How can I get information about the Mailboks Storage Used > directly in Outlook - may be a Macro...

SQL backup to compressed folder
Could you help me to find answer, if I can use following solution for my SQL backup please? I have local backup drive for my SQL 2008 Standard Edition server (installed on Windows 2008) which is almost out of space. Unfortunately I found that only SQL 2008 EE supports direct backup compressions so I’m not able to use this feature. My idea is to compress backup folder what would probably fix my problem? I found that if my database would be bigger than 30GB, backup won’t be taken but it is not a problem in my case as I have around 100 of DB but smaller than 1GB. So my questio...

Storage Folder 01-11-10
We have a Windows Media Server where all our email storage folders are stored. However, with Windows Live Email, I don't seem to be able to change the storage folder to the Server as the Ok button grays out as soon as I select that folder on the Server (network folder). Windows Live email seems to be only happy as long as the storage folder is on the computer you are using. Has anyone suggestions how I can change the storage folder to be located on a network folder? Thanks The free Microsoft email programs must have the storage folder on the same drive. Outlook has th...

Cannot Empty Deleted Items Folder
Suddenly I cannot empty the deleted items folder. Windows Mail works well otherwise. Temporary solution was to move all the mail to my SpamFighter folder which was quite happy to delete it. Any ideas as to how to get the normal empty delete items command to work again please? How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Alan C" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in m...

Date doesn't show on purchase orders
This problem only occurs on one of my terminals running Windows XP Pro with QS2000. When I edit a purchase order, the date suddenly disappears. When I edit it again, the current date appears. Same thing happens when I receive off a PO. Is this a Windows XP problem or a QuickSell 2000 problem? ...

Viewing Users in Storage Groups
How do I view the users in the Storage Groups in Exchange 2003? what is it you want to see? in the ESM, you can see what users are on a particular mailbox store... "Paul Avila" <PaulAvila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB25A50A-D7A3-4D08-B427-54110702EAA1@microsoft.com... > How do I view the users in the Storage Groups in Exchange 2003? In the exchange system manager there is a sub tree below servers that list the storage groups. Below that is the db's in said storage groups. one of which should be labled mailboxes. You can get mail box demograp...

hiding groupby / category labels in pivot chart
Greetings All: I create a pivot chart and the "Sum of [ColumnName]" and "Category" lables are always in evidence, which covers some of my data. How do I eliminate these things from the chart? Any attempt to move them is interpreted as an attempt to change the nature of the report, so I can't just shove them off to the side. Thanks; Duncan PS I can send a screen-capture of the problem if desired, but I'm hoping it's not necessary. I don't share my email address here and I'd hate to ask anybody else to do so... Select the chart On the PivotTable me...

i have no junk e mail folder in the folder list
My junk e mail options are filtering my mails but I do not have a junk e mail folder in the folder list. How can I add it or how can I view it Your version please! -- Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow Wilson) "katrien" <katrien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EE0EC2B-C66E-4C42-96ED-9E801064E067@microsoft.com... > My junk e mail options are filtering my mails but I do not have a junk e > mail >...