Setting Windows Live Mail

:I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
network connection could not be established on your computer because the
remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
Connection Properties.
Everything looks right, any other ideas?

I just got off the phone with the ISP and they say it is a WLM problem.   I
get to the logon screen after trying to send a message and put my user name
and password and it keeps popping up in the box like it doesn't recognize
what I just typed in

"Jamie D" wrote:

> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> Connection Properties.
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
Can you access the Internet via Internet Explorer on the PC?  I'm
guessing you can.

If so, in WLM look at Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail/News, Properties,
Connection.  It's likely one or more of your accounts are set to use a
specific connection.  Uncheck that.  Then WLM will use whatever Internet
connection is already open.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to
> connect.  I
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> ingoing
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> the
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> broadband
> network connection could not be established on your computer because
> the
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> value
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact
> your ISP
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in
> the
> Connection Properties.
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?

0
Michael
4/11/2010 7:35:36 PM
Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
Task and Error tab:
Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) account.
An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

"Jamie D" wrote:

> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> Connection Properties.
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
Thanks for the quick reply.  I can access the internet and this account does
have a web based email, although it pops up resembling WLM, but not quite.
Those blocks you were referring to are unchecked and the message states "if
this account requires you to connect using a LAN or a specific dial-up
connection, you may override your default IE connection setting."

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> Can you access the Internet via Internet Explorer on the PC?  I'm
> guessing you can.
>
> If so, in WLM look at Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail/News, Properties,
> Connection.  It's likely one or more of your accounts are set to use a
> specific connection.  Uncheck that.  Then WLM will use whatever Internet
> connection is already open.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to
> > connect.  I
> > downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> > ingoing
> > and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> > the
> > correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> > broadband
> > network connection could not be established on your computer because
> > the
> > remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> > value
> > for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact
> > your ISP
> > and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in
> > the
> > Connection Properties.
> > Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>

> .

I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is=20
interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
problem.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to =
connect.  I=20
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server =
ingoing=20
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have =
the=20
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The =
broadband=20
> network connection could not be established on your computer because =
the=20
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid =
value=20
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact =
your ISP=20
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in =
the=20
> Connection Properties.  =20
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
0
Gary
4/11/2010 9:30:59 PM
What are you authentication settings?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
> Task and Error tab:
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
> account.
> An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> account.
>
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No
>
> "Jamie D" wrote:
>
>> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.
>> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
>> ingoing
>> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
>> the
>> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
>> broadband
>> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
>> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
>> value
>> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your
>> ISP
>> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
>> Connection Properties.
>> Everything looks right, any other ideas?

0
Ron
4/11/2010 9:52:20 PM
When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from my ISP
called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my firewall
with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I post a
screen shot?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
> message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
> Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
> message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
> It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is
> interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
> problem.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74F31518-5C64-42A6-AE0E-0E0C63BA6B71@microsoft.com...
> > :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
> > downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
> > and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
> > correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
> > network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> > remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
> > for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
> > and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> > Connection Properties.
> > Everything looks right, any other ideas?
> .

Under Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties Servers tab >Outgoing Mail Server
checked block> Settings > "are the same as my email address and login."
Is that what you are asking?

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> What are you authentication settings?
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
> > Task and Error tab:
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
> > account.
> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > account.
> >
> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > "Jamie D" wrote:
> >
> >> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.
> >> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> >> ingoing
> >> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> >> the
> >> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> >> broadband
> >> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> >> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> >> value
> >> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your
> >> ISP
> >> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> >> Connection Properties.
> >> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>
> .

There are two ways to share a screenshot.
First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press
the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image
as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you =
can attach
it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as
http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

> When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from =
my ISP=20
> called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my =
firewall=20
> with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I =
post a=20
> screen shot?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
>> message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
>> Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
>> message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
>> It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is =

>> interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
>> problem.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to =
connect.  I=20
>> > downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my =
server ingoing=20
>> > and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I =
have the=20
>> > correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The =
broadband=20
>> > network connection could not be established on your computer =
because the=20
>> > remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and =
invalid value=20
>> > for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact =
your ISP=20
>> > and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it =
in the=20
>> > Connection Properties.  =20
>> > Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>> .

0
Gary
4/11/2010 11:12:33 PM
Yes, that is what I was asking.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Under Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties Servers tab >Outgoing Mail Server
> checked block> Settings > "are the same as my email address and login."
> Is that what you are asking?
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> What are you authentication settings?
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has
>> > Task and Error tab:
>> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
>> > account.
>> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
>> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
>> > account.
>> >
>> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
>> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
>> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
>> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
>> > Protocol: POP3
>> > Port: 110
>> > Secure(SSL): No

>> .

0
Ron
4/12/2010 12:53:18 AM
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage1.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/accountproperties1.jpg

See if this is helpful........
I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, and I
am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting the
message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a setting
that I need to change?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press
> the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image
> as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you can attach
> it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as
> http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849A1BF0-6DB6-40EB-98B5-2112D4EAA180@microsoft.com...
> > When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from my ISP
> > called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my firewall
> > with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I post a
> > screen shot?
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
> >> message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
> >> Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
> >> message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
> >> It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is
> >> interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
> >> problem.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

Thanks for the screenshots, but nowhere in those do I see the error =
message
I asked for, the one that includes "The broadband network connection =
could=20
not be established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.
This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service Name: =
field..."

If you have stopped getting that particular error message after =
switching
firewalls, then it was generated by the F-Secure Firewall.
The Windows Firewall is 100% compatible with Microsoft's email programs,
so you should not have to change any settings in it.

Regarding the failure to send, do you have "Send Messages Immediately"=20
enabled under Tools, Options, Send? Is there any error message when you=20
click on Send?

> =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage1.jpg
>=20
> =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/accountproperties1.jpg
>=20
> See if this is helpful........
> I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, =
and I=20
> am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting =
the=20
> message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a =
setting=20
> that I need to change?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
>> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press
>> the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image
>> as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you =
can attach
>> it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as
>> http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if =
from my ISP=20
>> > called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my =
firewall=20
>> > with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do =
I post a=20
>> > screen shot?
>> >=20
>> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>> >=20
I have the=20
The broadband=20

>> .

0
Gary
4/12/2010 3:15:21 AM
Looking at your screenshot, I see that the 'E-mail username' shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to put your full e-mail address in that box, including the '@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish between you and someone with the same first part but, say, @embarqmail.com. Try it.
--
Noel

"Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A1E6B3-4F55-4579-9593-7EE83CD24D1D@microsoft.com...
> http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage1.jpg
>
> http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/accountproperties1.jpg
>
> See if this is helpful........
> I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a setting that I need to change?
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
>> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

>> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849A1BF0-6DB6-40EB-98B5-2112D4EAA180@microsoft.com...
>> > When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from my ISP called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my firewall with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I post a screen shot?

0
Ildhund
4/12/2010 9:31:50 AM
Yes but the OP was having the problem with sending, and he was using the
separate "Log on using" credentials for sending which included his full =
email address.

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message =
> [...]
know you cited the actual mail client error message in another post, but =
the one here may be a clue to something.
that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of =
your problem.
>=20
to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I =
have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone =
it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I keep =
getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not be =
established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =
Properties.  =20

0
Gary
4/13/2010 12:39:39 AM
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage2.jpg
Here is the part I can't get past.  When I go to hit the send button on the
email, this WLM block with the error and task tab pops up.  Immediately that,
the Logon box pops up asking my logon info.   I put my full email address and
password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and over.  I know
the logon info is correct, because I use the same to log on to the web base
email.  I have disabled the F-Secure firewall and the remote server error
message has not reappeared.  I have enabled the Window Firewall, but it
doesn't seem to allow me to logon to send these messages, but will allow me
to open WLM to type and email.  I have yet to retrieve any emails from the
web.  According to my ISP. all my server info is correct.  Is there anything
else I am missing?  I even temporarily disabled the Windows Firewall and this
screen still appears.  I have the message send option to the immediate send
setting.

"Ildhund" wrote:

> Looking at your screenshot, I see that the 'E-mail username' shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to put your full e-mail address in that box, including the '@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish between you and someone with the same first part but, say, @embarqmail.com. Try it.
> --
> Noel
>
> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A1E6B3-4F55-4579-9593-7EE83CD24D1D@microsoft.com...
> > http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage1.jpg
> >
> > http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/accountproperties1.jpg
> >
> > See if this is helpful........
> > I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a setting that I need to change?
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
> >> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

> .

I don't know why you keep mentioning Windows Firewall. As I said
before, Windows Firewall is 100% compatible, it does not require any=20
setting changes for Microsoft email programs. Your send failure has
nothing to do with Windows Firewall.

hat latest screenshot is not very informative. When you get that prompt=20
for logon, click Cancel, which should generate a more informative error
message. Right-click on that error message, copy, then paste it into a=20
reply here. No need for blurry screenshots.  :-)

> =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage2.jpg
> Here is the part I can't get past.  When I go to hit the send button =
on the=20
> email, this WLM block with the error and task tab pops up.  =
Immediately that,=20
> the Logon box pops up asking my logon info.   I put my full email =
address and=20
> password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and over.  =
I know=20
> [...]
Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error message in another =
post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of =
your problem.
>>=20
to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I =
have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone =
it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I keep =
getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not be =
established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =

0
Gary
4/13/2010 1:44:09 AM
THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
to be entering for some other application?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> I don't know why you keep mentioning Windows Firewall. As I said
> before, Windows Firewall is 100% compatible, it does not require any
> setting changes for Microsoft email programs. Your send failure has
> nothing to do with Windows Firewall.
>
> hat latest screenshot is not very informative. When you get that prompt
> for logon, click Cancel, which should generate a more informative error
> message. Right-click on that error message, copy, then paste it into a
> reply here. No need for blurry screenshots.  :-)

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D9B40C-A378-4FE3-B359-F417ACB0C136@microsoft.com...
> > http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage2.jpg
> > Here is the part I can't get past.  When I go to hit the send button on the
> > email, this WLM block with the error and task tab pops up.  Immediately that,
> > the Logon box pops up asking my logon info.   I put my full email address and
> > password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and over.  I know
> > the logon info is correct, because I use the same to log on to the web base
> > email.  I have disabled the F-Secure firewall and the remote server error
> > message has not reappeared.  I have enabled the Window Firewall, but it
> > doesn't seem to allow me to logon to send these messages, but will allow me
> > to open WLM to type and email.  I have yet to retrieve any emails from the
> > web.  According to my ISP. all my server info is correct.  Is there anything
> > else I am missing?  I even temporarily disabled the Windows Firewall and this
> > screen still appears.  I have the message send option to the immediate send
> > setting.
> >
> > "Ildhund" wrote:
> >
> >> Looking at your screenshot, I see that the 'E-mail username' shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to put your full e-mail address in that box, including the '@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish between you and someone with the same first part but, say, @embarqmail.com. Try it.
> >> --
> >> Noel

> >> .
> >>
> .

Logon to your account in its web interface and reduce your account password length to 12 characters or less. Then reenter in the
password in the account's properties in WLM.
 - Note: you may have to remove the account, if corrupt. Ensure you backup all mail for that account to the storage folders prior
to removing the account since account removal deletes the account and all messages for that account in WLM and on your hard drive.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0B171E-D5D7-4CD9-808B-7999EF3F27DD@microsoft.com...
> THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
> password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
> to be entering for some other application?

0
winston
4/13/2010 9:06:21 AM
You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your =
antivirus?
Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.=20
Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, delete
the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.=20
(But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct =
login=20
> password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password =
I need=20
> [...]
address and=20
>> > password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and =
over.  I know=20
>> > the logon info is correct, because I use the same to log on to the =
web base=20
>> > email.  I have disabled the F-Secure firewall and the remote server =
error=20
>> > message has not reappeared.  I have enabled the Window Firewall, =
but it=20
>> > doesn't seem to allow me to logon to send these messages, but will =
allow me=20
>> > to open WLM to type and email.  I have yet to retrieve any emails =
from the=20
>> > web.  According to my ISP. all my server info is correct.  Is there =
anything=20
>> > else I am missing?  I even temporarily disabled the Windows =
Firewall and this=20
>> > screen still appears.  I have the message send option to the =
immediate send=20
>> > setting.
>> >=20
>> > "Ildhund" wrote:
>> >=20
only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of =
different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to =
put your full e-mail address in that box, including the =
'@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish =
between you and someone with the same first part but, say, =
@embarqmail.com. Try it.
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage1.jpg
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/accountproperties1.jpg
Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still =
not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows =
firewall have a setting that I need to change?
press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the =
image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, =
you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site =
such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.
software if from my ISP called F-Secure.  I turned off any email =
filtering.  It may be my firewall with this, but not quite sure where to =
look or how to fix.  How do I post a screen shot?
message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or Windows Live =
Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error message in another =
post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
software that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the =
source of your problem.
message news:74F31518-5C64-42A6-AE0E-0E0C63BA6B71@microsoft.com...
server to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect. =
 I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and =
redone it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I keep =
getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not be =
established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =
Properties.  =20

>> .

0
Gary
4/13/2010 5:27:57 PM
I have disabled the email scanning block in F-secure, but not before I
created this account.  BTW, my password is less than 12 characters.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your antivirus?
> Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.
> Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
> explained here:
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>
> Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, delete
> the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.
> (But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0B171E-D5D7-4CD9-808B-7999EF3F27DD@microsoft.com...
> > THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
> > password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
> > to be entering for some other application?
> >
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) account.
> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > account.
> >
> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know why you keep mentioning Windows Firewall. As I said
> >> before, Windows Firewall is 100% compatible, it does not require any
> >> setting changes for Microsoft email programs. Your send failure has
> >> nothing to do with Windows Firewall.
> >>
> >> hat latest screenshot is not very informative. When you get that prompt
> >> for logon, click Cancel, which should generate a more informative error
> >> message. Right-click on that error message, copy, then paste it into a
> >> reply here. No need for blurry screenshots.  :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

I thought I deleted the account and made another one, throught the
Tools>accounts  tab, but I see that you can go online and delete the account
also.  Which are you referring to?  BTW I deleted it through WLM and made it
again, but it still gives me the \/ error message?  Is there a phone number
to call someone live to get help?

"Jamie D" wrote:

> I have disabled the email scanning block in F-secure, but not before I
> created this account.  BTW, my password is less than 12 characters.
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your antivirus?
> > Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.
> > Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
> > explained here:
> > http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
> >
> > Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, delete
> > the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.
> > (But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >

> > "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0B171E-D5D7-4CD9-808B-7999EF3F27DD@microsoft.com...
> > > THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
> > > password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
> > > to be entering for some other application?
> > >
> > > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) account.
> > > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > > account.
> > >
> > > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > > Protocol: POP3
> > > Port: 110
> > > Secure(SSL): No

> > .

You mean you can also delete the account at=20
http://webmail.centurylink.net/webmail  ?

I would not do that, except as a last resort.

I meant for you to delete the account in Windows Live Mail, as follows:
1. Turn off email scanning in F-Secure.  Reboot your computer.
2. Delete that mail account in Windows Live Mail.
3. Restart Windows Live Mail.
4. Recreate that mail account.

If no improvement, I suggest doing a trial uninstall of the entire =
F-Secure program.

>I thought I deleted the account and made another one, throught the=20
> Tools>accounts  tab, but I see that you can go online and delete the =
account=20
> also.  Which are you referring to?  BTW I deleted it through WLM and =
made it=20
> again, but it still gives me the \/ error message?  Is there a phone =
number=20
> to call someone live to get help?
>=20
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) =
account.=20
> An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive=20
> messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for =
this=20
> account.
>=20
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No
>=20
> "Jamie D" wrote:
>=20
>> I have disabled the email scanning block in F-secure, but not before =
I=20
>> created this account.  BTW, my password is less than 12 characters.
>>=20
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>>=20
>> > You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your =
antivirus?
>> > Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.=20
>> > Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
>> > explained here:
>> > http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>> >=20
>> > Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, =
delete
>> > the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.=20
>> > (But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> > Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage2.jpg
Immediately that,=20
Firewall, but it=20
Firewall and this=20
shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of =
different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to =
put your full e-mail address in that box, including the =
'@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish =
between you and someone with the same first part but, say, =
@embarqmail.com. Try it.
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage1.jpg
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/accountproperties1.jpg
Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still =
not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows =
firewall have a setting that I need to change?
foreground press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, =
save the image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say =
under 50KB, you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a =
sharing site such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.
message news:849A1BF0-6DB6-40EB-98B5-2112D4EAA180@microsoft.com...
software if from my ISP called F-Secure.  I turned off any email =
filtering.  It may be my firewall with this, but not quite sure where to =
look or how to fix.  How do I post a screen shot?
error message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or Windows =
Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error message in =
another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
software that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the =
source of your problem.
message news:74F31518-5C64-42A6-AE0E-0E0C63BA6B71@microsoft.com...
my server to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to =
connect.  I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted =
and redone it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I =
keep getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not =
be established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =
Properties.  =20

>> > .

0
Gary
4/14/2010 4:21:26 AM
Check under properties of your email account, click on the "Servers" tab .
Make sure your E-mail username is complete ie: username@urisp.com

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> What are you authentication settings?
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
> > Task and Error tab:
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
> > account.
> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > account.
> >
> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > "Jamie D" wrote:
> >
> >> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.
> >> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> >> ingoing
> >> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> >> the
> >> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> >> broadband
> >> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> >> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> >> value
> >> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your
> >> ISP
> >> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> >> Connection Properties.
> >> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>
> .

What is the correspondence to SqlDataSource in windows
Hello! The SqlDataSource Class is a part of System.Web Assembly and used by data-bound controls in ASP.NET Can somebody tell me what is the nearest correspondence to SqlDataSource in windows form //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in news:fTbWm.13647$U5.204106@newsb.telia.net: > The SqlDataSource Class is a part of System.Web Assembly and used by > data-bound controls in ASP.NET > > Can somebody tell me what is the nearest correspondence to > SqlDataSource in windows > form SqlDataSource is a wrapper ...

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

Save charts as Windows Metafiles
This has undoubtedly been asked before, but: Is there a method, plug-in tool, VB script or something that enables you to save Excel graphs as WMF or EMF files? Without first copy-pasting it into some drawing program and saving it there? Ideally, one would copy the graph to the clipboard, and then be able to access a dialogue direclty from/in Excel that lets you save it as a WMF file. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide! Jeroen Dekker jeroen@square1.nl ...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Outlook 2000 settings & roaming profiles
Hiya all, wonder if someone can help me, we have a windows 2000 network with Outlook 2000 setup per user for POP e-mail access, but it seems when the user logs onto another PC. their outlook settings are lost (accounts and location of PST file) does anyone know a resolution of this or something to do with group policy where you can tell it where to look and/or save outlook information within the roaming profile? Thanks Dave What's the client OS? All mail profile info does indeed travel with roaming profiles - peraps you're having profile problems. Check the system event lo...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

vb.net congiguration settings
I would like to know how to use the ConfigurationManager for building (compiling) various parts of a VB.net 2008 windows application. Can you tell me the following: 1. How do you setup more options for 'building' configuration settings (like 'test-servera', 'test-serverb'). This would be in addition to the default options of 'debug' and 'release'? 2. If I setup a solution that has several projects in it, how could I setup 'selected project files' that I want to work with? In other words, I would to 'pick' what modules I ...

how do i forward an e-mail?
I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep getting. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=hivalley:HVSBS1 What rights do they have in the public folder? "Gloria" wrote: > I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, > but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep > getting. >...

Windows Explorer may quit unexpectedly.
Does anyone have the fix? kbWinXPpreSP2fix kbfix kbbug KB810806 just go to this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810806 looks like you have to contact MS support but they should waive the charge if its just a bug fix you are after "Ed" <ed@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:099901c37f35$2570a780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have the fix? kbWinXPpreSP2fix kbfix kbbug > KB810806 ...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...

Default Print Quality setting in Excel
Hi, Is there a way to force the default Print Quality (under page setup) to a specific resolution for all workbooks opened? The problem we have is that when we open a workbook and set the printer to the AdobePDF printer, it forces the resolution to 4000 dpi, which messes up all of our margins & forces all of our models onto multiple pages. By setting that resolution back down to 600 (the most we would ever want), the pages all snap back into place. We have thousands of models that have this problem (we just upgraded to Office2003 and Adobe 6.0) and the users are very upset th...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Windows Live Mail Error
For the last two days I have been trying to send some emails, but I'm getting and error message: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC68 That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here.=20 We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Teresita" <Teresita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3123D0B2-59CE-4F44-BFA6-25883FB7F6BC@microsoft.com... ...

E-mail "Send To" name list
All the names in the pop-up "Send To" address list are alpha by FIRST names, which is dumb, annoying and time consuming. How do I switch the list to alpha by LAST name and make that default??? ...

Mail Merge Word 2007
I've created a mail merged document from an Access 2007 database. I've inserted a field from the database that I want to have as bold. In every other part of the document that happens (it bold's) except in one place in the middle of a paragraph. Any idea? Why would the bold format take in every other part of the document for that field but not in the middle of a particular paragraph? The field properties are identical throughout the word file were that field has been inserted. Any help is greatly appreciated! (8^>)-]=[ Sorry I got my answer \*Charform...

outlook contacts & mail merge subject
Hi, 2 Questions: - After performing a mail merge an activity is added to the recipients included in the mail merge, the subject is set to "Microsoft Mail Merge...". Can you alter this subject for each mail merge, so you can specify more detailed information in the subject line. Altering the subject for each contact/lead/account individually is too much work. - If you create a crm contact from outlook, a contact record is created both in outlook and in crm. But when migrating contacts from another db with the cdf tables this will only create contacts in crm. I want to create ...

Some fonts not visible in drop down window
When using the font drop down box to change fonts most of them are listed using the actual style as a sample. Some, however (i.e. Baby Kruffy, Alba, etc.) are only visible in a generic font until I actually select them. I noticed the same problem on my aunt's computer so I know I'm not alone. Any fixes out there? Now what version of Windows and Publisher are you using? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

How can I know the folders of searched out mails?
Hello, If I search for mails - particularly those already in Archive folders, I get a list of such mails and can of cours open them etc., but I do not see any way to establish in which folder they are actually stored. Harry120 You'll need to use google or windows desktop search (or other search tool) - outlook won't give you folder paths. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Mail not being received....
I have been using outlook for years with no problems. Sometime after upgraded to 2003 my problem began. I receive mail without a proble and i thought I was sending it ok as well as I received no erro messages, but.... I was notified by a recipient that they did no receive my mail. I have since done many tests and found that none o my mail is being received, although it seems to be sent and i get n errors. I can use webmail and it gets received without a problem. have uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled xp and the problem remians. have deleted all acounts and reinstalled - problem persi...

Tracing e-mail back to its source on a LAN
I am running Exchange Server 2003 on a small LAN. I have reason to believe that a virus has infected something on the LAN and is sending outbound e-mails. I have scanned each system and cannot find a problem but our volume of outbound email is much higher than it should be. I want to setup logging so I can track all of the outbound e- mails to their source and hopefully find the computer that is infected. I do not have much experience with Exch Server 2003. Could someone point me to a good beginners article or howto that will show me how to setup logging so I can trace the source...

Blocking e-mail for old accounts
When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from going to that account? If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in that account does it have to be active? Thanks Depends, and Yes. "microsoft" <ayzen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OAUmeWJ3DHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from going > to that account? If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in that > account does it have to be active? > > Thanks > > You have a few options. If you leave the...