Separate Contacts

I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list
contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - .

"Disturbed about lost of express ..." <Disturbed about lost of express ...
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list
> contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - .

Do you mean list into groups????

0
antioch
7/14/2010 12:36:38 AM
No, except for creating separate Windows login accounts for each of you.
Then you can have separate WLM programs & contacts.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Disturbed about lost of express ..."  wrote in message

I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list
contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - .

0
Dave
7/14/2010 1:06:57 AM
There's two ways you can do this... You can do this with separate login
accounts on your computer, or if you use the same Windows account, you can
set up separate Live IDs and "Sign in with a different ID" directly from the
WLM desktop client.  Either way each of you will be able to maintain
separate email contacts and separate calendars. Is that what you are looking
for?

"Disturbed about lost of express ..." <Disturbed about lost of express ...
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list
> contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - .

0
Magnus
7/14/2010 2:10:25 AM
Separate Windows user accounts may have different WLM contacts.  If the same
Live ID is used in both Windows user accounts, the contacts would be the
same.

--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Magnus"  wrote in message news:#nbYJnvILHA.6120@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

There's two ways you can do this... You can do this with separate login
accounts on your computer, or if you use the same Windows account, you can
set up separate Live IDs and "Sign in with a different ID" directly from the
WLM desktop client.  Either way each of you will be able to maintain
separate email contacts and separate calendars. Is that what you are looking
for?

"Disturbed about lost of express ..." <Disturbed about lost of express ...
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list
> contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - .

0
Ron

Accessing folder 'Other Contacts'
I am programming in VBA Several users are using Outlook in a network environment. Each of them hat its own 'Contacts'. They have shared their addresslists so that I can lookup en change the contacts fields from my workstation. I would like to access these Contactlists by using VBA. Therefor, i found via the help function some code and tried to open the contact of a user called 'DE DAUW' and whose contacts I can see in the 'Other Contacts'. Impossible to get into the 'DE DAUW' addresslist. Who can help me ? Dim MyApp As Outlook.Applicat...

Delete contact from multiple distribution lists
Hi, I manage multiple distribution lists, and often have to remove a contact from myriad distro lists. Is there any way to pull this off without having to delete the contact from each list individually? I'm using Exchange 2003. Not that I know of - by the way, Exchange questions can be asked in = microsoft.public.exchange.admin. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Stockmoose16 asked: | Hi, |=20 | I manage...

outlook business contact manager fails
I installed business contact manager with outlook professional 2003, and every time I try to use it with my current profile (both original and newly created ones), database creation fails. It doesn't tell me anything else. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix this error? It's really annoying and makes this feature unusable. ...

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Business Contact Manager #3
Hi I would like to know if there is anyway to have a rule that will not only move the incoming messages from the inbox to the appropriate folder and also link said message to the account or business contact. -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin No such rule is availble, but it's not necessary. By default, BCM maintains a history of all email exchanges with contacts in the Accounts or Business Contacts folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Admi...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

CRM-Contact and categories
Hi, any help about his issues are needed: 1. I have insert an CRM-Contact within the Sales4Outlook- Client. I have used the CRM-Contact button in the toolbar. Under the tab 'Details' I have choose 3 categories witch the contact belongs to. The problem now is, that this categories dosn't appears in the crm system. Any idea ? 2. Is it possible to create serial tasks. e.g. one task should regard to multiple accounts or contacts ? Thanks for your help. Regards Dirk ...

Missing contacts #3
Problem: my contacts don't load come up when searched for with contact search box at the top of the screen thats in the "standard" tool bar. Also, when sending an email, contact list is empty, although have many contacts in my file... Running: Outlook 2002. WinXP. Use Outlook primarily offline and synch regularly to MS Exchange server. This is on new PC..Had just set up Outllok on it. Since was at home and not connected to our network/server, I set up my personal email accounts 1st (pop3). THEN when arrived at work, set up exchange server email account.... THEN was asked, I be...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Re: the business contact manager database has been removed from this profile... #2
Susan wrote: > according to Sue, that's exactly the case... Sue said exactly the opposite. She was quite helpful and pointed me to the BCM update that I need in order to run BCM with Exchange. --Alan T. " What we've got here is failure to communicate." - The Captain ...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

Multiple address book/contact list
How can I set up 2 address books (Contact lists)in Outlook so that I can select between them? Create a separate Contacts subfolder. Enable it as an e-mail address book by selecting that option: R click the folder > Properties > Outlook Address Bok Tab. It will then appear in your Outlook Address Book "Show names from the:" dropdown. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d901c39baa$d14e6fb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I set up 2 address books (Contact lists)in Outlook > so that I can sele...

contacts import
Its looks like the "company" field in the outlook contacts does not import into crm when you import contacts from outlook to crm. this is imortant for me because i am going to make an account for each company and link the contacts to an account according to their company. any ideas thanks ...

Populate BCC field with all Contacts within a Contact Folder
Hello I am a newbie on outlook VBA programing. So far i was able to create a new macro/code that will create me 2 new emails, populate Subject and add attachements automaticly. However now i have a problem in populating the BCC lists. I send this emails to all the contacts within a 2 especific contact folders. For example purpuses lets say Contact Folder 1 is Called "Newsletter1" and Contact folder2 is called "NewsLetter2". So for the 2 new emails that will pop up when i execute the macro i would like the macro to add in one all the emails in the contact fol...

attempts to contact HQ failed
dears : after i installed multi store i got a message "" attempts to contact HQ failed " when i try to get stores QTY , connection with HQ established and was Succefull for all worsheets. please any ideas best reqards I'm assuming that you mean that when you are in Store Ops POS when you press the CHECK STORES button your connection fails? If so, make sure that you have the correct IP address configured in the HQ Client for the server where your HQ database resides AND make sure that the HQ server is running. "Bachar" wrote: > dears : > after i insta...

Contact Lists recovered, but won't open from Address Book after Exchange 2003 recovery...
1st mail server failed, restored under new name Restored PST's Contact list restored, but when you open the Address Book, click on Contacts, error is: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help." Also, on the exchange server, we have the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing En...

Email contact
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Can I send email contacts to external party instead of vcf ( Vcard ) ? --=20 Edward ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbi...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

Adding a category to all contacts in one specific folder--all at once
Win XP HE SP1 OL 2002, SP3 Follow-Up to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Hi, Is there a way to add a category to all contacts in a specific OL contacts folder? I would like to avoid opening up 200+ contacts and doing it manually. Tx a lot for your suggestions. ( I am thinking macro, etc., but really have no clue.) S Just press Ctrl+A to select all contacts. Then right-click, Categories and apply desired category/ies. Can also be easily automated with a macro, but probably not needed for a few hundred contacts. Should only take a minute or two to accomplish. "saturnin02" w...

separate pages rather than spreads?
Hi Using 2007 I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent it to an outside printer. They replied asking "Would it be possible to send in the inside pages as separate pages rather than spreads? That is a pdf with the pages A5 size in number order 1- whatever." Anyone know how to do that please ?? -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent > it to an outside printer. They replied asking > > "Would it be possible to se...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Outlook
When I type in a phone number the software propmts me to configure an "out dial" capability. When I decline this, the program gets in a loop and corrupts the database which necessitates an automatic repair / re-install of Office. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how'd you get around it? Thanks. GJK ...

Need to Separate
Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: I have the following: TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL I need it to be: TX CA NM VT NY MI OK FL Thanks, Charles Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by ; will get it into columns. Then copy>paste special>transpose will get it into one column. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:02:46 -0500, "Charles Reid" <creid@satx.rr.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: > >I have the following: > >TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL &g...

Synching 2 iPhones to Outlook on one PC for separate calendaring
I want to use Outlook on our new PC to synch calendars for two iPhones belonging to my wife and myself. How do I go about this to keep the calendaring info separate; how does the iPhone know which calendar to synch with? Do I have to open Outlook to the right calendar somehow before I synch with the appropriate iPhone? Or is there some automated way of doing this so that I can just synch my iPhone without opening Outlook, and the system will know which iPhone gets synched with which calendar? Thanks -- Bob You'll need to configure the sync to use the correct profile and outlook w...