Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me?? - 48746

This has now happened two weeks in a row.  How can I correct this?  My
computer is turned off when this is done.  Email is being sent to people not
in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct?

Is it a Hotmail account?

Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1

If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the
sorts of things to check/change.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This has now happened two weeks in a row.  How can I correct this?  My
> computer is turned off when this is done.  Email is being sent to
> people not
> in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to
> correct?

0
Michael

SETTING UP MAIL BOX
I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be in the signing up boxes. Thanks in anticipation of your advice. Geoff Hutchinson "GEOFF HUTCHINSON" <geoffpat@sky.com> wrote in message news:OhAMOwayKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and >incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be >in the signing up boxes. > > Thanks in anticipa...

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Two combo box for a report 09-11-07
Hello, A blessed day to you all! I have another question regarding reports. Let me try to explain this as far as i can..Please bear with me.. What i have done so far.. I have a simple report to display Issue Vouchers for a Certain Site. I have created an unbound form with a Combo Box (List of Site i have created base on the Site table) which will ask the user what Site only to be displayed in the report, so basically the user is trying to filter. So when the user choose a site example, Head Office and press the Preview button then the report will filter and display the report with only th...

Mail
Hello: I'm just finishing up a 5.5 migration and I know this will go away in 2003 but I need to know this: In 5.5, we got a ton of spam destined for users@ourdomain.com whom actually had no account on our server. How do these spammers pull this off? Looking at the header, I see the mail addressed to noboby@ourdomain.com and yet there are recipients onour server that get it. How does this happen without a valid email address? How does the exchange server know to deliver this mail to john@ourdomain.com when it is addressed to nobosy@ourdomain.com Thanks in advance. May be blind ...

form entry based on combo box/lookup
ok. I have been marauding these forums for awhile now and first of thanks to all those whom help others out... makes a difference. This is my first post in here and hopefully this will make sense... I have three tables. one for clients one for employees and one for hourly charges this database is going to end up being remotely accessed > still working on that part as well... but here is my current hurdle... I have a form that outputs to the hourly charges table but pulls information from clients for the "PROPERTYNAME" and "COSTPERONSITE". and from employees for...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

Publisher
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything, I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the merge feature and activate it for a ...

where to store then signatures for outgoing E-Mails
We've an exchange server running and all of our clients use Outlook for E-Mail Communication. Each of our users have their own signature. The signature file (username.htm ) of every user is stored local on C:\.... Is the a possibility to store alle the signaturefiles on a global directory in der Active Directory or in teh Exchange Server???? Thank for Your help Mike from Austria wrote: > We've an exchange server running and all of our clients > use Outlook for E-Mail Communication. Each of our users > have their own signature. The signature file > (username.htm ) of ev...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...

List Box Values
Can I use values from a list box/combo box in a formula and if so how do I do that? TIA Sorry wrong NG "Mike Cramsey" <mcrams@adams.net> wrote in message news:%23b6IdNn1EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I use values from a list box/combo box in a formula and if so how do I > do that? > TIA > ...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Outlook2000 deleting mail from server, but not downloading
I've found lots of posts in this newsgroup about people having trouble deleting items. I have a different problem. When I connect to my POP3 server to "Send/Receive Email" - it sends OK but doesn't receive any emails. After much troubleshooting, I discovered that mail is being deleted from the server, but is not being downloaded into my inbox (or anywhere else I can find). I had this problem a couple of months ago and switched temporarily to OE. Tried Outlook again a few weeks later (after changing nothing I could recall), it seemed to work OK. Now I've lost a bunch of...

Receiving mail with incorrect smtp address
Lately we've been receiving numerous messages that are received by someone but it's addressed to someone else. Is there a way the <to> address can be spoofed? For example, the headers show the recipient should be john_doe@email.com but the person who received the message is in no way associated to that address. Any ideas? Thanks "MS" <mark_sh@go.com> wrote: >Lately we've been receiving numerous messages that are >received by someone but it's addressed to someone else. >Is there a way the <to> address can be spoofed? you're j...

E-mail tracking
One question regarding e-mail tracking in CRM 4. How come CRM is tracking outgoing E-mails automatically? Sometimes private e-mails employees are sending. ...

The representative cannot get copy of mail
Hi! we have Exchange 2003 and our users use Outlook 2003. The user A selects a representative B and enables that B should get a copy of mail which is sent to A. Unfortunately representative B cannot get any copy of mail. What is the problem? Is there any other option necessary to set? Best Regards Mustafa mustafa wrote: > Hi! > we have Exchange 2003 and our users use Outlook 2003. > The user A selects a representative B and enables that B should get a > copy of mail which is sent to A. > Unfortunately representative B cannot get any copy of mail. > What is the problem? Is...

MS Access automated e-mails Problem
I have several MS Access databases that send e-mails with Excel attachments thorugh the auotexec macro in MS Access. I am mdoing this with MS Access 97. After installing latest updates the e-mails aren't being sent and there is a mesaage asking for permissionm to send the e-mail. I need to turn thios feature off. how? ...

Dialog boxes
I want to have a dialog box pop up when I open an excel workbook. I just want it to say something like 'enter name in cell A6" and then have an "OK" button that closes the pop up. Any assistance would be appreciated Hi Open the VB editor (Alt F11 or similar). Menu Insert > Module. Paste this into the module: Sub Auto_open() MsgBox "enter name in cell A6", vbOKOnly, _ "Any assistance would be appreciated" Range("A6").Select End Sub Save, close, reopen. HTH. Best wishes Harald "webster" <webster@discussions.microsoft....

Best advice for setting up a Treo 650 to get exchange mail?
I user just bought a Treo 50 (verizon) and is looking to get her email. What is the best approach. I know other users that have Windows powered devices can synch just as if they were at their desks, but is this doable with the Palm OS? Any advice would be apprecaited. Thanks, Andy If you have Exchange 2003 and some patience, you can use ActiveSync and Versamail to push to the 650 (not the 600, though). Haven't used ActiveSync myself much, but from reading traffic here it seems to work reasonably well. I use a 3rd party product myself, which of course costs money but is more ...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Reading a Mailing List
Hi, i'm an Outlook daily user and also a Mailing List subscriber, i subscribed a lot of them. I found that in other mail reader programs there is the possibility to see the email in a tree mode (as does Outlook Express for News Groups). Do someone of you knows if there is a good plug-in for outlook to achieve this behaviour ? Thank Claudio OL2003's grouping by 'conversation' seems to work pretty well for mailing lists. "Claudio Rosati" <web@claudiorosati.info> wrote in message news:ktCqe.1510$bc.65@tornado.fastwebnet.it... > Hi, > i'm an ...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

how to automatically show image attachment in e-mail
Hi, I wonder if there is any way to make outlook (2003) to automatically show image attachments without having to double click to open one at a time. Regards, Nattapon Only if the sender imbeds the image in RTF or HTML mail. As the recipient, you cannot force this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Nattapon Chatprechakul <nchatprechakul@a4news.com> asked: | Hi, | I wonder if...

Problem: Windows Live Mail Import of OE .dbx files
I am attempting to migrate my old Outlook Express mail folders (copied from a dead computer) into Windows live mail so that I can then transfer them to Outlook 2007. (The old computer is dead, so I do not have the option to go into it and load Outlook, or open outlook express so I can properly "extract files, etc, but according to the below info I should be able to recover my messages from the data I have moved to the new machine) I have a copy of the entire OE folder from the old dead computer copied into my new one which runs WLMail, in accordance with instructions for ...