saved emails and a crash

I have lots of saved emails on Windows Live Mail.  If my computer were to
crash, where are my emails?

Mail messages(and news) are stored on your hard drive in the Windows Live Mail Message store. The Messages store contains
folders/subfolders usually similar named as the folders you see in WLM. Mail messages are stored as *.eml files and news messages
as *.nws files.

You can find the location of your messages store via
 - Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance/Store Folder
 -> The default location if not changed by the user is
    C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

All email files are saved with a numerical file name e.g. 0BB32EA6-0000013F.eml
 - If using Vista or Windows 7 one can enable the Message Subject or Title field
 Viewing A Windows Live Mail Message Subject Field in Vista and Windows 7 using Windows Explorer
 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!319.entry

WLM also provides the ability to backup all messages, contacts, and accounts
 How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages
 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry

If you have not backed up your messages..consider doing so

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"evht3" <evht3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79360C7-CFE4-4527-BFC3-A665468B5ED1@microsoft.com...
> I have lots of saved emails on Windows Live Mail.  If my computer were to
> crash, where are my emails?

0
winston

Do Not Allow Email Option
It seems that if you have the email option set to “Do Not Allow”, then you cannot send an email to the contact from CRM. Does anyone know how to turn off this code? I do not think it can be done and in the meantime I have offered the following option to the client… Option 1 – Have all users send the email from Outlook itself, I recommend this option as it offer a more robust email tool than the CRM Email window. Option 2 – Expose the field again and allow the users to change it as needed Option 3 – Set all contact to email = Allow/Yes …. Any insight is extremely appreciated. ...

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

i cannot send or recieve emails
hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of "send/recieve progress" comes up and says there is a error "shawnte78" <shawnte78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D04ABED-810E-40B5-A6F5-7AF3F5834111@microsoft.com... > hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of > "send/recieve > progress" comes up and says there is a error In order for anyone to help you, you'll need to provide quite a bit more information about your problem. For starters... 1. Type of account you have configured. POP3,...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

Save and save as

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

External emails sitting in outbox
Good morning, I've got a really strange issue that I can't get to the bottom of. Basically if I send an external email it will sit in the outbox and not go anywhere, however if I then send another external email it's sent no problem, but the first still sits in the outbox. If I delete the email from the outbox and send another one it just sits in the outbox. Any help would be great. Cheers, Dylan. I've checked the submission queue and it doesn't even look like email is making it that far. "Dylan" wrote: > Good morning, I've got a re...

Saving Images

Unable to type email response in outlook emails
I am unable to type in an email response in outlook. When I begin typing I get very small., small letters and the body of the original email is in the new response screen as very tiny letters and therefor not allowing me to type. Any suggestions? Thanks! Check your zoom settings. See; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "sunnynaz...

Duplicate email ID
Hi I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same smtp email add Please Guide Regards Kartik Kartik <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is >found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is >there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same >smtp email add >Please Gu...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

can't send emails; get the following....
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkmorg@verizon.net'. Subject 'registration ', Account: 'rkmorg@verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Email Profile Deleted
One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and back on. At that point he launched Outllook but it failed open becuase it could not find his Outllok Profile. The profile was deleted. Anyone see this before or have possible ideas why this would happen? Sean In news:%23la4VVRXHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, SD <smd6169@hotmail.com> typed: > One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according > to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and > back on....

Save to unProtect a Document?

Lost Emails in Outlook when installing XP :(
I installed Windows XP Home over the top of Windows 98 and once installed, it wouldn't let me run Outlook 2000 anymore. I reinstalled Outlook and now all my contacts, emails, you name it are gone. Is there any way to recover this data? Thanks in advance! Ick. I despise in place upgrades of operating systems. Never a good idea. Most likely the upgrade moved your Outlook data source (*.pst file) without telling Outlook where to find it. Now it's up to you to find it. Search your hard drive for *.pst. Open each in Outlook until your find you data. Note that these are now hidden fi...

Save csv format to dbf format

Emails stuck Outbox even though Sent
I am in a situation where whenever I try send an email over 1MB in size it will stick in my outbox and not move to my sent items even when it has been sent. The result is that outlook continues to try and send the email resulting in the recipient receiving multiple copies of the email I am trying to send without me ever knowing it has been sent in the first place. Anyone know what the cause of this is or how to fix it?? sounds like a virus run AVG anti virus from www.grisoft.com Sunbeam: Tell me more about this AVG. I need it at the office on a 4 computer network system. Looks like...