Save As window opens in full window mode

For years and up to 3-4 days ago, whenever I saved an e-mail to a particular
folder on my hard drive using the "Save as" feature, I always was given a
small window with the usual Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons and the
ability to re-size the window if necessary. Suddenly, this has changed and
each time I attempt the "Save as" feature, the window opens into a full
window (the whole 23" screen) with only the "Close" button displayed.  These
are mostly billings and invoices I save and I need to view the original
e-mail for some of the descriptive file information. I can no longer view
the e-mail; just the full Window screen of the "Save as" windows.

I can find nothing in the menus that will affect this nor in the File
options of Windows Explorer.  Using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  Is
something corrupted in the WLM area?

Eugene Hora

0
Eugene
5/12/2010 10:26:24 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2736 articles. 9 followers. Follow

You can now disregard this --- desperation sought a third and fourth look;
thinking there had to be something. I found it in an easily overlooked place
on the "Save as" window. In the very upper left corner of the window there
is a little box with the line "Save Message As" . Right clicking on this
box, then clicking on "Restore" brought the Save As window back to smaller
window size. Somehow I must have caused the problem, although it is beyond
imagining how I could have right-clicked on that little button and then on
"Maximize" without noticing the change immediately.

 Incidentally, the Save As windows does not have the "Minimize, Maximize and
Close" buttons as I stated. Since I didn't have the small window available I
relied on my memory and what I thought would be normal for most windows.
Sorry to have caused the clutter on this board -- hope someone gained a
little education at that expense.

Eugene Hora

"Eugene Hora@san.rr.com>" <geneho<No_Spam> wrote in message
> For years and up to 3-4 days ago, whenever I saved an e-mail to a
> particular folder on my hard drive using the "Save as" feature, I always
> was given a small window with the usual Minimize, Maximize, and Close
> buttons and the ability to re-size the window if necessary. Suddenly, this
> has changed and each time I attempt the "Save as" feature, the window
> opens into a full window (the whole 23" screen) with only the "Close"
> button displayed.  These are mostly billings and invoices I save and I
> need to view the original e-mail for some of the descriptive file
> information. I can no longer view the e-mail; just the full Window screen
> of the "Save as" windows.
>
> I can find nothing in the menus that will affect this nor in the File
> options of Windows Explorer.  Using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  Is
> something corrupted in the WLM area?
>
> Eugene Hora

0
Eugene
5/12/2010 10:48:24 PM
Thanks for reporting back.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

> You can now disregard this --- desperation sought a third and fourth =
look;=20
> thinking there had to be something. I found it in an easily overlooked =
place=20
> on the "Save as" window. In the very upper left corner of the window =
there=20
> is a little box with the line "Save Message As" . Right clicking on =
this=20
> box, then clicking on "Restore" brought the Save As window back to =
smaller=20
> window size. Somehow I must have caused the problem, although it is =
beyond=20
> imagining how I could have right-clicked on that little button and =
then on=20
> "Maximize" without noticing the change immediately.
>=20
> Incidentally, the Save As windows does not have the "Minimize, =
Maximize and=20
> Close" buttons as I stated. Since I didn't have the small window =
available I=20
> relied on my memory and what I thought would be normal for most =
windows.=20
> Sorry to have caused the clutter on this board -- hope someone gained =
a=20
> little education at that expense.
>=20
> Eugene Hora
>=20
> "Eugene Hora@san.rr.com>" <geneho<No_Spam> wrote in message=20
>> For years and up to 3-4 days ago, whenever I saved an e-mail to a=20
>> particular folder on my hard drive using the "Save as" feature, I =
always=20
>> was given a small window with the usual Minimize, Maximize, and Close =

>> buttons and the ability to re-size the window if necessary. Suddenly, =
this=20
>> has changed and each time I attempt the "Save as" feature, the window =

>> opens into a full window (the whole 23" screen) with only the "Close" =

>> button displayed.  These are mostly billings and invoices I save and =
I=20
>> need to view the original e-mail for some of the descriptive file=20
>> information. I can no longer view the e-mail; just the full Window =
screen=20
>> of the "Save as" windows.
>>
>> I can find nothing in the menus that will affect this nor in the File =

>> options of Windows Explorer.  Using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.  =
Is=20
>> something corrupted in the WLM area?
>>
>> Eugene Hora=20

0
Gary

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

Cant open outlook hyperlinks
hello im using office beta 10 running on windows 7 for a system and I cant open embedded hyperlinks in my email states action restricted due to system config see admin i am the admin on this comp and i cant find the way to enable looked in the outlook settings and trust center i feel its a system setting but not strong in that area any help???? "Discdat1" <Discdat1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:449B67E2-01A0-4951-A9D9-D625F7FFD81F@microsoft.com... > hello im using office beta 10 running on windows 7 for a system and I cant > open embedde...

Excel window keeps changing
Hi, I have a weird problem on my home computer while using Excel. If I don't use the screen for a few minutes, the Excel window shrinks to about a fourth of its size. So I have to click it again to either Maximize or resize to about 90% full size, which I prefer using. It is by no means a fatal fault, but verry annoying! Any pointers? Amer ...

how can I make one DocTemplate as a default open?
Below have two group DocTemplate, as normal, we Open New File, System automatically pop up a dialog with listbox for us to select one of them as open format. How can I set something to make m_p1Template as default open. I don't hope pop up this choice dialog. m_p1Template = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_LATYPE, RUNTIME_CLASS(C1Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(C1Wnd), // standard MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS(C1View)); AddDocTemplate(m_p1Template); m_p2Template = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(C2Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(C2Wnd), // standard MDI chi...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Opening Doc's in a new Window
Hi, Currently when I am viewing a spreadsheet in excel and I want to open a different spreadsheet they open in the same window which I find awkward. I would prefer for the 2nd spreadsheet I open to start a new instance of excel so I can flick between the two on the taskbar. Is there a setting that controls this?. I'm using Excel 2003 on XP Pro. Thanks Paul Paul, Tools - Options - View, Windows in Taskbar -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's ...

Saving Images

Why would a Windows Scheduled Task stop working?
Hello: Several weeks ago, I developed a .cmd file that runs a GP macro (.mac file). It runs perfectly. Then, I created a task through Windows Server 2003 Task Scheduler that runs this .cmd. and therefore the macro, automatically. The task works perfectly, when I right-click on the task and choose "Run". And, for three weeks, Task Scheduler ran this .cmd file automatically. Then, a few days ago, it stopped running the .cmd file at its scheduled time. Again, if I right-click on it and choose "Run", it does run. But, why would the Windows Task Scheduler all of a s...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

OWA
We currently use forms based authentication on our Exchange Server, but for people who are logged in on the internal network (but not at a computer with Outlook) we would like them to be able to acccess OWA and not have to log in again. (i.e. https:\\mail\exchange\username). Is there a way to do this and prevent the login prompt? Thanks Create another HTTP virtual server using different port w/same IP or default port but different IP? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Jan" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ud3Bd%239rFHA.2072...

Save to unProtect a Document?

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Scrolling in "Screen Output" window.
We have found that neither the mouse wheel nor the page up/down keys work in the "Screen Output" window that the canned reports get displayed in when printing to the screen. Is there something that can be done to enable this functionality? It's a bug. What you can do is click the zoom drop-down and select any zoom level, including the one that's already selected. Once you do that, you should be able to use the scrolling functionality of your mouse. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Marc K" wrote: > We have found that neither the mouse wheel nor the page up/...

How to create a pop up window with message?!
Hi, I'm responsible for the introduction of our CRM-tool and to customize the application according to our business processes and requirements. Unfortunately I'm absolutely not familiar in terms of programming and the SDK of CRM 3.0. I just need a simple (?!) event: Before activating (and then closing) a quote I want the Users to fill in a field "Reason" (pick up list with numerous reasons for closing a quote, e.g. price too high etc.). To make sure that the users do not forget this step I would like the system to open a pop-up window with the message "If you want to c...

Daylight Savings Time #2

outlook needs to close window.
I keep getting a window after I open my outlook that reads, Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. error message reads C:\DOCUME~1 \JOHN\LOCALS`1\TEMP\WER4.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt. I also keep sending an error report. I am running XP Home & Outlook 2000 ...

Windows Live Messenger crash on Windows 7 startup
Windows Live Messenger crashes at Windows 7 startup, it happens everytime I boot my PC, if I start WLM manually it will work, how can I delay the startup of Windows Live Messenger so it starts after all other devices and services have initialized? Thanks. I have the same issue, wish someone could help with this?! "thijazi" wrote: > Windows Live Messenger crashes at Windows 7 startup, it happens everytime I > boot my PC, if I start WLM manually it will work, how can I delay the startup > of Windows Live Messenger so it starts after all other devices and s...

Save csv format to dbf format

Problmes with full migration from Word and Excel 2003 to 2007
A while back I installed Office 2007 but left Word 2003 and Excel 2003 as the default programs for opening doc and xls files. A number of months later I made 2007 the default for both, but left the 2003 programs on the system. The changed default worked fine for Word 2007. Occasionally, the default for xls files would get reset to Excel 2003 for no apparent reason. I finally removed Word 2003 and Excel 2003 programs altogether. (Still have Access 2003 and OneNote 2003 since I don’t 2007 versions of those). I think I have some kind of overhang from my stepped approach to mig...