Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7

How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import
the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine?
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

For messages:

Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx
must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the
machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages |
Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it.

For Addresses:

Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and
save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the Desktop or
other location on the machine using WLMail.

Open the Contacts list in WLMail, (Go | Contacts on the Menu Bar), and
File | Import | Windows Address Book (wab) and point to where you saved
it.
--
 courtesy of
          Bruce Hagen

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"djsmock" <djsmock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import
> the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine?

0
peter

Unused and old items to Inactive
Here's how you can clean up your item database for the new year -- for free. If you'd like to mark all your old and discontinued items as inactive, we offer a tool that does this for you in batch mode (works with HQ too). Download our RMS Toolkit 30 day trial: http://www.digitalretailer.com/TKdemo-dl.htm Run the installer and check off DRS Tools. Connect to your database and select Maintenance, Mark Inactive. Press F5 to view all inactive items or select by supplier, dept/category, or item type. The default list will show all items with ZERO ON HAND and NO ACTIVITY since one year ago....

Launching Microsoft Outlook
I presently am using Windowes XP operating system with Microsoft Office 97. I cannot launch Microsoft Outlook. The display on the screen is " The proceedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll." Can anyone suggest what I can do resolve this problem. Please keep it as simple as possible. Thanking you in advance. Regards, Mark R. Todd ...

Problems with Outlook 2000 after upgrading to Windows XP SP2
Hi everyone. We have been running Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients on Windows 2000 and Windows XP machines for a few years. Everything has always worked perfectly. We recently upgraded a few machines to Windows XP SP2 and noticed problems with Outlook 2000. Outlook 2000 installed on a Windows XP SP2 hangs all the time when exiting. When I close Outlook 2000 on one of these machines there is a 50-50 chance that it will exit properly. When it does close properly you have to hot CTRL- ALT-DELETE, choose Microsoft Outlook (listed twice for some weird reason), and click END TASK. Cli...

Windows 2003 Exchange server won't log off
I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I can click on start, log off and click yes for "are you sure?" but nothing happens. It's also running Exchange 2003. This should be posted in the windows newsgroups - this has nothing to do with Exchange. Try one of the newsgroups in microsoft.public.windows.server, or microsoft.public.win2000. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <jules.farrell@james-chapman.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124183408.839364.223120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I ca...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

windows forms
I have a button next to a text box when i click the button i show a Datagridview there is a button on the datagridview window so the user can click button or press the Alt+S &Select lablel on the button when the button is clicked it selects the data closes the window Fills the textbox with the data selected and i Senkey.Send{"{TAB") to leave the text box this works.....what does not work is when the User Presses the Alt+s key while in the Datagridview window it enters the button click event as if the button was pressed...but never leaves the Text box Thanks D...

Outlook Sync Error!!!
Hi All, We are having trouble going offline with CRM Server by using the Outlook Client. System objects such as “Notes”, “Activities”, "Contacts", etc. are download without error but once the system starts to pull Opportunities I get the following error on my local computer. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'Opportunity', batchRows=99 with exception System.Data.SqlClient.Sq...

Outlook has a mind of its own ...
I'm totally confused. Entries I make in my Outlook (Office 2007 - Exchange Server via Go Daddy)) keep changing ... when I enter a phone number as (##) ###-####, it will (sometimes, but not always) revert to ########## when re-opening the program. In the address section, "United States of America" is somehow automatically being inserted as part of the address. Also in the address section, street addresses and city,state,zip are entered on two separate lines, but are somehow changing to a single line AND (repreated) on two separate lines. Does anyone have a clue why this is ...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

error message when using windows mail
I am trying to set up my aol email account with Windows Mail. I keep getting the following error. I followed the instructions given by the aol website to the letter. I don't know what else to do. Help. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Change the outgoing (SMTP) port number from 25 to 587, as per....... http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess#OE6 These instructions for OE will work for Windo...

Outlook 2003 preparing for install popping up
Hi, I did a full install of Office 2003 Standard - "full install" means *everything* to run from the computer; Yet each time I do certain actions in Outlook, a dialog pops ups saying "Windows Installer - Preparing for install". The Floppy drive grinds a few seconds, and after about 20 seconds the dialog disappears. It happens when: - I highlight or open a HTML format message - I rightclick on a mail-address I've ran the Repair function - didn't help. Searched the web and found dozens of other people having the same problem.... but not one solution!! The ...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

Outlook Not booting up completely
Milly: I tried your suggestion by renaming outcmd.dat to .old and=20 it still is not working. I still get the same response in=20 my task manager, where Personal Folders-Outlook is not=20 responding. Just to let you know, my OS is Win98SE while=20 using Office XP. I don't know if this has anything to do=20 with the problem, but do I need to reinstall Outlook or=20 what needs to be done at this point? Any assistance will be appreciated. Dennis >-----Original Message----- >Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If=20 using Windows 2000=20 >or XP, you will need ...

Run Windows XP OS from DVD???
I am sick of having to upgrade my anti-virus software every few minutes and still getting virusses I am toying with the idea of removing my hard drives and having a bootable DVD with the WinXPPro on it with only the apps I use installed. Anything I want to save off internet or word processor would be saved to a USB stick. I have 4gB of Ram installed so I would not need a swapfile so the question is this... How do I go about creating a windows Bootable DVD with the software I require installed on it such as the drivers for the USB sticks. I may eventually just have a small...

outlook 2003
Outlook is trying to send emails to the wrong contact. I only have one email acct. set-up. Outlook doesn't send mails - you send mails. How, specifically, are you attempting to address these e-mails? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE9C04F4-3CA1-4024-9263-300AB0BFC19D@microsoft.com... > Outlook is try...

using a footnote in outlook 2007
Can you help me with how you may enter a footnote in an e-mail message. I would appreciate it. How should it look like and where do you get stuck setting it up? Do you want it to be part of your signature? Then you can set it up in; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Signatures... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ruleshissun" <ruleshissun@disc...

Outlook Web Access #4
I have an issue that I can not find an answer to and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. We have implemented Outlook Web Access for our company using a Front End - Back End configuration with the Front End server in a DMZ and the Back End on our internal network. We are using an SSL certificate for authentication as well as RSA Web Security through an RSA agent and hardware/software fobs. The OWA is working fine and we are able to get mail but our issue is that we are unable to insert any attachments or read any attachments that were sent to us. When w...

Switching between open windows
Somewere, and I can't remember where, I found an option to change the way I switch between open windows. Default is one click of the left mouse button when one is over the window or a piece of the window. This option I ran across allowed me to just hover over a window to make it current. Thinking it would save time and effort, I switched to hover. Big mistake. Now I would like to go back to the default method of one click of the left mouse button but for the life of me I can't find where to change it. -- Thanks in advance "RushL" <RushL@discussions.mi...

deleted extender window still appearing in extras
Hi! I created a test extender window and attached it to the customer maintenance screen. I then deleted it but whe I go to Customer Maintenance, extras, I still see the deleted window. How can I get rid of it? -- Marisol Mortera ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes Opening Other Users Calendar
Outlook 2003 SP3 all patches running against Exchange 2003. When user goes to view another users calendar outlook generates an Unknown Error, crashes and then comes right back up. It's a super fast restart. I've deleted the OST and recreated it, but it persists and its not just specific calendars. it can happen with anyone's or work fine, but its pretty persistent. Has anyone run into this? Thanks A little more info. Two events.... Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4/24/2009 Time: 9:51:46 AM User: N/A Computer: TK...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

New record dosn't work?
The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond when I click on it. What have done wrong? Using Access 2007. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:22:01 -0800, Keyman65 <Keyman65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You may have a query that is not-updatable. That is pretty normal for complex queries and certain classes of queries such as GroupBy and Union queries that are never updatable. Sometimes DISTINCTROW will make a query updatable. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond &...

Cannot click on link in Outlook email message
When I click on a link in an Outlook email message, I get this popup error: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. It used to work fine. Don't know what changed. How do I fix this? When I click on a link in an Outlook email message, I get this popup error: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. It used to work fine. Don't know what changed. How do I fix this? ...

Having Pb openning/saving fax(Tif format) on Outlook 2003 since a Week plz help
Hi All, Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't chage anything to my outlook config, before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb Thank's for your help In news:uezjdMqRHHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, bbnimda <wahhhran-vba@yahoo.fr> typed: > Hi All, > > Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't > chage anything to my outlook config, > > before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb > > > Thank's for your help Hi - I suggest you post in ...