Recover live calendars?

Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important
calendars from my WLM.  I have months worth of appointments and need some
help/instructions.

Thanks (I hope)

Did you sign in to Live services in WLM?  It will not say Sign in below the
Close X if you are signed in.  calendar.live.com will have the calendars
that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message
> Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important
> calendars from my WLM.  I have months worth of appointments and need some
> help/instructions.
>
> Thanks (I hope)

0
Ron
4/5/2010 11:30:14 AM
Thanks Ron,

I logged into my e-mail/messenger within a few minutes and only two out of
nine calendars they deleted came back.  All other information is valid and
up=to-date -- i received new mail and feeds but nor enough calendars.

nimbus

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Did you sign in to Live services in WLM?  It will not say Sign in below the
> Close X if you are signed in.  calendar.live.com will have the calendars
> that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message
> > Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important
> > calendars from my WLM.  I have months worth of appointments and need some
> > help/instructions.
> >
> > Thanks (I hope)
>
> .

I guess the ultimate question is: is the information stored in my calendar
cached, either locally or online, for me to retrieve the lost information?  I
can't find it in either place, including calendar.live.com.  I hope it's
somewhere.

nimbus

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Did you sign in to Live services in WLM?  It will not say Sign in below the
> Close X if you are signed in.  calendar.live.com will have the calendars
> that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message
> > Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important
> > calendars from my WLM.  I have months worth of appointments and need some
> > help/instructions.
> >
> > Thanks (I hope)
>
> .

Calendar data is synchronized with the web.
A copy is created locally and online.
Changes made in one location impact the other.
If deleted locally, a sync will cause it to be deleted online.
If deleted online, a sync will cause it to be deleted locally.

For Calendar support with account data you will need to contact Windows Live Support
(whether or not data can be recovered can only be determined by Support personnel and only if you are using a Live ID and the
calendar data is specific to that Live ID)

Windows Live Solution Center FAQs
 http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d
Windows Live Calendar
 http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=16
Windows Live Calendar Forums
 http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=16
Windows Live Calendar Solutions
 http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=16

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"nimbus" <nimbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2752E108-2C28-4C54-B396-A76E587CFCE8@microsoft.com...
> I guess the ultimate question is: is the information stored in my calendar
> cached, either locally or online, for me to retrieve the lost information?  I
> can't find it in either place, including calendar.live.com.  I hope it's
> somewhere.
>
> nimbus
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> Did you sign in to Live services in WLM?  It will not say Sign in below the
>> Close X if you are signed in.  calendar.live.com will have the calendars
>> that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message
>> > Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important
>> > calendars from my WLM.  I have months worth of appointments and need some
>> > help/instructions.
>> >
>> > Thanks (I hope)
>>
>> .

0
winston
4/6/2010 12:46:23 AM
Thanks ...winston. I'll contact them and see if they archive anything for at
least a few days.  I won't hold my breath, but I can always hope.

"...winston" wrote:

> Calendar data is synchronized with the web.
> A copy is created locally and online.
> Changes made in one location impact the other.
> If deleted locally, a sync will cause it to be deleted online.
> If deleted online, a sync will cause it to be deleted locally.
>

> For Calendar support with account data you will need to contact Windows Live Support
> (whether or not data can be recovered can only be determined by Support personnel and only if you are using a Live ID and the
> calendar data is specific to that Live ID)
>
> Windows Live Solution Center FAQs
>  http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d
> Windows Live Calendar
>  http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=16
> Windows Live Calendar Forums
>  http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=16
> Windows Live Calendar Solutions
>  http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=16
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "nimbus" <nimbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2752E108-2C28-4C54-B396-A76E587CFCE8@microsoft.com...
> > I guess the ultimate question is: is the information stored in my calendar
> > cached, either locally or online, for me to retrieve the lost information?  I
> > can't find it in either place, including calendar.live.com.  I hope it's
> > somewhere.
> >
> > nimbus
> >
> > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you sign in to Live services in WLM?  It will not say Sign in below the
> >> Close X if you are signed in.  calendar.live.com will have the calendars
> >> that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM.
> >> --
> >> Ron Sommer
> >> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
> >>
> >> "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

You're welcome.
Thanks for the follow-up and good luck.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"nimbus" <nimbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20A4C30D-5AA7-4A12-BC14-1D6AF743E686@microsoft.com...
> Thanks ...winston. I'll contact them and see if they archive anything for at
> least a few days.  I won't hold my breath, but I can always hope.
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> Calendar data is synchronized with the web.
>> A copy is created locally and online.
>> Changes made in one location impact the other.
>> If deleted locally, a sync will cause it to be deleted online.
>> If deleted online, a sync will cause it to be deleted locally.
>>

>> For Calendar support with account data you will need to contact Windows Live Support
>> (whether or not data can be recovered can only be determined by Support personnel and only if you are using a Live ID and the
>> calendar data is specific to that Live ID)
>>
>> Windows Live Solution Center FAQs
>>  http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d
>> Windows Live Calendar
>>  http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=16
>> Windows Live Calendar Forums
>>  http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=16
>> Windows Live Calendar Solutions
>>  http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=16
>>
>> --
>>   ...winston
>>   ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "nimbus" <nimbus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2752E108-2C28-4C54-B396-A76E587CFCE8@microsoft.com...
>> > I guess the ultimate question is: is the information stored in my calendar
>> > cached, either locally or online, for me to retrieve the lost information?  I
>> > can't find it in either place, including calendar.live.com.  I hope it's
>> > somewhere.
>> >
>> > nimbus

>> .

0
winston

Forcing a view on a public calendar
Good morning. A query for you. We have set up a calendar in "Public Folders", and want to set the default view for this particular calendar to five minute interval. Is there any way of setting this as a default either at the server end (Exchange 2003), or rolling out a default setting to all clients (mostly Outlook 2003)? Many thanks. -- Thomas Rushton Leeds, UK "Thomas Rushton" <ThomasRushton@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns980A6F37039AATRxyzzyplughgmail@193.42.231.152... > Good morning. > > A query for you. We have set up a calendar in &qu...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Migrating Windows Live emails to Outlook 2007
My old computer died and I had to purchase the new Windows 7 machine which has Outlook 2007. On my old machine I was using Microsoft Live email to download my emails from POP3 servers (Gmail, Yahoo etc). But as the computer died before I could run some sort of utility to migrate them to my new machine I am stuck with the folders where these were stored. I was able to retrieve the folders from the old machine where Microsoft Live was storing my emails. Now how do I migrate them to Outlook so that I can see them and read them in Outlook 2007. "Nandan" <Nandan@disc...

windows live mail 02-25-10
My email comes in on the gmail page and only a very few show up on my windows mail page. How can I get all my mail on windows live mail? Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail ? (the title says the latter, your words the former) What page ? - your account in Windows Mail - your account in Windows Live Mail Get all mail in the same account, different accounts, web interface etc... Please clarify and provide more information. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "jijiflies@gmail.com" <jijifliesgmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FF82089-44...

repair corrupt data in outlook calendar- can't open or dismiss
I have a reminder that cannot be opened or dismissed. It says it's 198 weeks overdue. When I try to open I get a message: Cannot open the item for this reminder, cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment, data has become corrupt. When I try to dismiss the message is: cannot turn off this reminder, may be reminded again. I have been to the "start" date but there is nothing there to delete. It's affecting my BlackBerry sync. Today I wasted 3 hours of my life talking to HP tech support who were unable to assist. Any ideas? Have you t...

Custom Forms and Calendar
Hello, I'm looking for a way to have a field that contains a date appear on my calendar aka like the birthday field. Thanks Brian You mean a date on a contact form? You'd have to write code in that form's Item_Write event handler to create items in the calendar folder. Use Application.CreateItem. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Brian" <brian@nospam_wallytech.net> wrote in message news:uDMkMuIkEHA.1644@tk2...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

Vista Windows Upgrade affecting IE8 and Live Mail
After the last Windows Update all the passwords for my email accts in Live Mail are erased and it will not "Save" any password entered. I have deleted and reentered all the Email Accts to no avail. Also IE8 now has the Default Search Provider removed and it will not allow me to select a Default Search Provider. I get an error that a program has reset the Default Search Provider. No other Search Providers are listed except for "Bing" What do you mean by "Live Mail"? Windows Live Mail or Windows Live Hotmail? In either case, the newsgroup to which you p...

to export calendar
if i wantto send my csalendar in an email by exporting it what exactly wouold i have to do? thanks peter ...

Outlook Live and two hotmail accounts
I have just upgraded to Outlook Live (ie 2003). I run this on an XP machine. I have two hotmail accounts which I wish to access with Outlook. One works fine, but the other doesn't. The two accounts have different .NET logons (whatever that means). I go through the procedure to add the offending account using Outlook Connector. It duly appears on the list but when I try to open the folder, it complains with a message "This folder could not be opened". Both hotmail accounts are Hotmail Plus. The only obvious difference is that the misbehaving one is '@hotmail.co.uk'...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...

Problem accessing multiple shared calendars
When a new user profile is first created on the computer for the user they can access as many shared Calendars as they have access too. The user exits outlook and starts it up again, they can only access one calendar in addition to their own. They open one calendar, then when the try to access another they get the message "The Calendar Folder Can not be found". If the user exits and restarts outlook once again, they can access their calendar, and they can then access the calendar they just got the error message on previous, but they can not access any others. Basically the...

import outlook canendar into publisher calendar
Is there a way to feed my scheduled dates from my Outlook calendar into a Publisher calendar template? ...

Is it possible to recover a file that's been saved over?
I'm sure I already know the answer to this question, but I have to ask anyway. I was working on an Excel file containing very important information on my laptop. I wanted to save the file to my thumb drive in order to create a backup copy. I recall being prompted by the save action to replace the existing copy, which I assumed was referring to the old copy that was already on my thumb drive, so I selected the "Yes" button. Now that I've tried to open the file on the laptop, I realize that it now has the old copy. Basically, I saved the old version of the file on top...

Mac Group Calendars
I have a Windows NT / 2000 / Xp environment where every Windows user is using Outlook 2000 / 2002 to access calendar info. This has been set up so that 1 person has the ability to see all others calendars at the same time using a combination of MS Team Calendar and Outlook Groups. I also have a small number of Mac users using a combination of Entourage X and Outlook 2001. These users can access individual calendars to see a Windows users availability but can only see groups of users when setting up a meeting (Scheduling) I would like to find a way for all the Mac users to see all o...

Adding additional Public Contact & Calendar Features
Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? 2003 Mike Is there a better Exchange group to ask this? Mike "Michael Gregg" <mike@nospam.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:%23N1DuxJNEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to > the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? > > 2003 > > Mike > > ...

Recover Outlook Tasks
I use tasks as a to-do list and have a problem with some tasks that have been deleted by a synchronisation. I sync a PocketPC2002 pda with a notebook and a desktop both running XP Outlook 2002. I didn't realise when doing a recent sync (ActiveSync 3.7.1) with the notebook that many of my tasks were deleted. Before realising I synced with the desktop so now none of the three devices have all my tasks. Is there a way to recover them? There is nothing in the deleted folders or archives. Thanks in advance... Did you have a backup of your PST file, presuming you use a PST file? If ...

recover account
I removed an account in WLM, and lost a lot of message. So can I recorver them. Please help me. Thanks Edson If this was a pop3 account, then no. Removal of an account in WLM deletes the account and all stored messages from one's hard drive. To remove an account, one has to answer yes to a prompt for deletion. WLM's prompt explaining the deletion could be improved upon making it much clearer on the impact. Here's what the prompt stated <qp> Are you sure you want to remove the <account name> account ? If this account is set so that messages are delet...

Calendar and task list in same view with Outlook 2003
I used to have a view in Outlook 2000 that had both my calendar and my task list. Is this possible in Outlook 2003? How would you do it? In Outlook 2003 to show the Task List with your calendar you need to go to the Calendar in Outlook and select View -> Task Pad. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ...