Recover junk mail

How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly
just deleted?

afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail
account).

If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com...
> How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly
> just deleted?

0
winston
12/29/2009 8:25:44 PM
Try the Recuva file undelete utility:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I =
mistakenly=20
> just deleted?
0
Gary

can receive e-mail, can't send e-mail
Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in account set-up. Theconnection to the server has failed. Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server: 'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...

email mail merge drops attachment
I'm attempting an email mail merge to a recruiters database using Microsoft Outlook 2002. I'm running Windows XP on a home network with a shared internet connection, ISP is Optimum Online. The mail merge portion works fine. My problem is the outgoing emails are dropping an important attachment, which is my resume. Can anyone help? Individual emails with the same attachment work fine. The attachment gets dropped when I send the same email out of a mail merge. Please reply to MStieglitz@optonline.net Thanks very much for your help. This is a limitation of Ma...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

using Word as my e-mail editor
By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook 2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document directly into the Word e-mail editor message area, instead of a separate window--which then requires a copy /paste procedure? Thanks in advance. Alex No, you cannot as when you are using a new Word document, it is not connected to your email account usage of Wordmail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Junk Mail Filters -- how to use them?
In two weeks, I've graduated from being a baby-Outlook user to a toddler. Please continue to bear with me. I have activated junk mail filters in Outlook 2002. I may have added one or two senders. * Where do I look to see who I've added? * I can't find where to configure the junk mail filters, except to turn them on or off. * How do I make sure that anybody in my contacts can go ahead and send me junk and porn? lol * I gather the junk mail filter for v2003 can be updated from MS. Does Outlook 2002 have a way to update the junk mail filter? Thank you. -- Lady Dungeness Cr...

Sending Multi-page e-mails out of Publisher
My wife has a 4-page resume and cover letter that she is trying to send as one continuous (scrollable) document in an e-mail. So far, we have only been successful at sending one page at a time. Does anyone know how we can send the entire 4 pages as one long e-mail? She thinks she has to reformat it all over again into one large page, but if there's a way to save doing all that work over again, it'd sure be nice to know about it. Thanks, Jim Carruth jcarruth wrote: > Does anyone know how we can send the entire 4 pages as one long e-mail? She > thinks she has to reforma...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Oulook Internet Mail
I have a user who is only getting the Internet mail option for outlook and services does not show uip to change it to the Exchange mode. which version of outlook? it sounds like you are in internet only mode and need to reconfigure for corporate - look in tools, options, mail [services] for the reconfigure button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: htt...

Why is mail merge not available?
I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are not available. How do I activate this feature? What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13AB0160-5F4D-4481-BCB5-D3C9E45B363A@microsoft.com... >I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are > not available. How do I activate this feature? In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge ...

Outlook 2002
I need to export my Junk Senders file to my ISP. What is the file name in my computer? Thanks Scott <scottjohnson63@hotmail.com> wrote: > I need to export my Junk Senders file to my ISP. What is > the file name in my computer? "Junk Senders.txt". It's just a text file. No export required. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Mail REFUSED to Public folder
My piblic folders are not allowing certain groups of users to send mail to mail enabled public folders. These public folders had been working for quite sometime and all of a sudden they don't. I read articles 319753 and 323728 but they do not fix the problem. Does anyone have an idea as to how fix this. All my mail-enabled public folders are down. Is there a way to search the AD for groups that the Exchange Enterprise Group cannot read? Thanks, Paul ...

incoming mail
Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody know the reason for this behavior? Thanks. Good afternoon, If you mean you are not notified about new mail messages until you do something in Outlook, this is normal if the "new mail" notifications are not reaching your client from the server. This notification is sent via a UDP packet to the client, and is highly susceptible to being intercepted and dropped, especially when using MAPI via t...

Unread Mail #4
My Unread mail now shows the deleted folder and the outbox folder, whereas before and in my other profiles only the inbox folder shows up. Can I fix this? Outlook 2003 Win XP Pro Thanks Kita You can customize the folders that are shown by right clicking and selecting Customize this Search folder. <kita@kit.com> wrote in message news:nvlum1t4e170jbqns547ahruom9q9rte80@4ax.com... > My Unread mail now shows the deleted folder and the outbox folder, > whereas before and in my other profiles only the inbox folder shows > up. Can I fix this? > > Outlook 2003 > Win XP P...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Importing from Mail
Is there a way to import contact card info ( name, home address, e-mail address, phone number ) into Excel from Apple's Mail ? Don't know about Apple but most mail programs have some sort of Import/Export facility. Check out your options to see if you can export the Contacts info as a *.txt or *.csv file format. Excel will open either of those. *.txt files will pop up the Text Import Wizard in Excel, allowing you to parse your data if need be. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 22 Dec 2005 11:29:36 -0800, "lorrdon" <lorrdon@cox.net> wrote: >Is there a way to import co...

Mail Merge Loses Text
I have a PUB document that has 2 pages (1 page 2 sided printing). My text box flows (using text flow) from page 1 into page 2. No Problem. But when I mail merge, the entire text is lost in the merge...it just disappears. The other text boxes which do not flow to the second page are just fine. What Gives? Can you not write a multiple page article for a mail merge ? Thank in advance. What version Publisher are you using? 2003? Are you creating a new publication in step 5 of the wizard? Break the link on the first text box. After the new publication is created re-link. The mail merge sh...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Junk mail filters dont work in conjuction with rules
I have recently upgraded to outlook 2003 and I have found that if I use rules, the junk mail filters dont work. I have 2 basic rules setup that move mail to specific folders depending on which account they come from. When the rules are enabled, the junk filters dont work regardless of the protection level. I have the feeling that the rules are also pulling the junk mail out of the junk folder and sorting them as when I do a large mail download, you can see mails flashing in an out of the junk mail folder. Is there any way to make the junk mail filter overide all other filters? Amit ...

Electronic Mail Merge
Is anyone familar with electronic mail merges (i.e, sending out personalized emails to a group of people from a list of email addresses and names)? We are trying to send out electronic receipts instead of paper receipts this year for registration to the Charleston Conference. We use Mozilla's Thunderbird for the Mac, however if the situation calls for it we are willing to use another OS and/or email client program. It's very annoying to know that spammers use this tool very frequently, yet it seems impossible to research into when it'd save us a lot of money. Thanks! -Bo aenea...

OWA & Multiple mail addresses
Hey there, we're having a small (well actually pretty big to the users) issue. As we all know you can asign aliases to a mailbox. The big problem with exchange is you can not easily send mail using one of the aliases (or I've been overlooking some things for a long long time). Now in outlook we usually solve this by adding fake POP accounts, and then disable the send/recieve for them (there's also an article on this on slipstick.com). We enter an incorrect POP server with a correct SMTP server (usually the exchange server). This will allow you to select the account under which yo...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Security in Windows Mail
I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and password" so closed the account and started a new one - but still the same trouble!!! Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!! ? I don't see an error message. The web interface you are using will only allow you to paste text. Make sure you are not attempting to paste an image. Who is your mail service provider? Do you have an existing=20 email address? If so, what is the part of your email address after the @ symbol?=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...