Recover C: drive stored emails after Win Live Acct Deleted

Had an issue with AVG firewall, WL mail and Verizon pop3 email accounts.
Hotmail worked fine but Verizon accts could not access server unless ABVG
firewall disabled. Verizon Tech deleted my Verizon POP accounts in Win Live
thinking they were maybe corrupted.  Re entered my accounts but stored emails
not to be seen.  Settings were to download mail and then delete from server
so there is no "backup" on Verizon server.  Are the old emails recoverable or
should I jump now?

Thanks

If you delete (remove) a POP account in Windows Live Mail=20
it also deletes all the mail folders and emails for that account.
You may be able to recover some of those emails by using a file=20
undelete utility like Recuva:=20
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

You probably should have come here for help instead of relying
on incompetent ISP techs.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Spiketwo" <Spiketwo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Had an issue with AVG firewall, WL mail and Verizon pop3 email =
accounts. =20
> Hotmail worked fine but Verizon accts could not access server unless =
ABVG=20
> firewall disabled. Verizon Tech deleted my Verizon POP accounts in Win =
Live=20
> thinking they were maybe corrupted.  Re entered my accounts but stored =
emails=20
> not to be seen.  Settings were to download mail and then delete from =
server=20
> so there is no "backup" on Verizon server.  Are the old emails =
recoverable or=20
> should I jump now?=20
>=20
> Thanks

0
Gary
3/7/2010 7:18:43 AM
Ditto..
Time to jump(ship)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:#Vr4qZcvKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If you delete (remove) a POP account in Windows Live Mail
> it also deletes all the mail folders and emails for that account.
> You may be able to recover some of those emails by using a file
> undelete utility like Recuva:
> http://www.piriform.com/recuva
>
> You probably should have come here for help instead of relying
> on incompetent ISP techs.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Spiketwo" <Spiketwo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:390C7D52-268D-4C5C-A1B7-BA0E18A61B1B@microsoft.com...
>> Had an issue with AVG firewall, WL mail and Verizon pop3 email accounts.
>> Hotmail worked fine but Verizon accts could not access server unless ABVG
>> firewall disabled. Verizon Tech deleted my Verizon POP accounts in Win Live
>> thinking they were maybe corrupted.  Re entered my accounts but stored emails
>> not to be seen.  Settings were to download mail and then delete from server
>> so there is no "backup" on Verizon server.  Are the old emails recoverable or
>> should I jump now?
>>
>> Thanks

0
winston
3/7/2010 8:04:36 AM
Thank you both kindly for responding.  You are confirming what I thought.
Unfortunately I only found this forum after a number of searches for wisdom.
Needless to say I have aquired a little more lol (lessons of life).  I will
try the recovery route but do not hold out much hope there.

"...winston" wrote:

> Ditto..
> Time to jump(ship)
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:#Vr4qZcvKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > If you delete (remove) a POP account in Windows Live Mail
> > it also deletes all the mail folders and emails for that account.
> > You may be able to recover some of those emails by using a file
> > undelete utility like Recuva:
> > http://www.piriform.com/recuva
> >
> > You probably should have come here for help instead of relying
> > on incompetent ISP techs.
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >

> > "Spiketwo" <Spiketwo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:390C7D52-268D-4C5C-A1B7-BA0E18A61B1B@microsoft.com...
> >> Had an issue with AVG firewall, WL mail and Verizon pop3 email accounts.
> >> Hotmail worked fine but Verizon accts could not access server unless ABVG
> >> firewall disabled. Verizon Tech deleted my Verizon POP accounts in Win Live
> >> thinking they were maybe corrupted.  Re entered my accounts but stored emails
> >> not to be seen.  Settings were to download mail and then delete from server
> >> so there is no "backup" on Verizon server.  Are the old emails recoverable or
> >> should I jump now?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> .

Writing and Retrieving Configuration from an XML Document in C#
Hi, I'm a student and new to the .net framework. What is the best way to save configuration properties (not user specific) for a C# application? I read a few messages talking about using XML to save properties. I read about using app.config, but it seems you have to manually edit the file in order to change its values, and I don't want those values hard coded. I'm trying to avoid the registry. In my reading I have concluded that using an XML file would have more advantages over using the registry, .ini or .dat file. In my application I have a few textboxes, and every tim...

how do I delete horizontal lines created by using the hyphen key
To type up a signature line by using the hypen /shift key to create a signature line, somehow it gets highlighted and creates line break into my text. I try deleting it by using the deleting key. It just won't delete. How do I get rid of this line? Also tried highlighting it and deleting it. It's a Border on the previous paragraph. To create a line to write on, set a tab stop where you want the line to end, and turn on the Underscore leader in the Format Tabs panel. On Mar 24, 4:39=A0pm, chagui <cha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > =A0To type up a sig...

Stored Procedure Priming
Hello, I am getting the following error. Have been for some time. The job fails with the following errors below. The job runs under the local Windows Admin account wich is an owner of the DB. I am not a newbie to SQL neither am I proficient. Your help is appreciated. The server is Windows Server 2003 Premium running Exchange and MS CRM 3.0 Job Paramters Step Name: Execute Priming Stored Procedure Type: TSQL Database: Master Command: exec p_PrimeCascadeWrapper Event Error Event Type: Warning Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT Event Category: Job Eng...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

Moving email and address book to new drive
I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk. I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old drive. Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would all...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

Blank Email Still
Outlook Versions 2000 and 2002 all updates Exchange Server 2000 no service packs Windows 2000 Server all updates Windows XP clients all updates I am still having blank bodies of email sent. The E-mail is also blank in the sent box as well as blank at the receiver.. Seems random. Here is whet I have done. Disabled Signatures Disabled Norton Anti-virus 2003 Pro I will apply SP3 to Exchange tonight. Any ideas? Thanks B Hi, Bob try recreating your email profile and test the issue Good luck! Yvon "Bob" wrote: > Outlook Versions 2000 and 2002 all updates > Exchange Serv...

Exchange Server Information Store not starting automatically...
Hello, when I have to restart the Windows Server 2003, or when there is a power outage, etc... when the Server Restarts I manually have to go in the Services and start the Exchange Information Store. Below are the few entries that precede the Notification that the Information Store did not start: ***************************************************************************************************************** THINK I FIXED THIS PROBLEM AND IS UNRELATED TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION STORE Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 11/5/2006 T...

Email does not come in while SMTP server authentication uncheck anonymous
I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS. Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow anonymous access while the email can allow incoming email from sedner outside domain? Thanks. In news:uYfxdJR8FHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, test <test@ok.com> typed: > I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the > anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS. > > Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow > anonymo...

SQL query in C++
I have problem with sending query (form C++ MFC program) to data base. When i send query with "SELECT" everything is ok. But when I send the one with "UPDATE" or "INSERT" I get exeption. I use: CDatabase::OpenEx "DRIVER={SQL Server};DATABASE=database;SERVER=server;UID=login;PWD=password" OpenEx(pszDest, CDatabase::noOdbcDialog ); CMyRecordset.Open(CRecordset::dynaset,strQuery1,NULL )) When I use SQL Manager with this same connection parameters (login, password, server...) everything is ok. Can you tell us what exception you're getting and show...

Email document as Text too
Is it possible to email a document's content as a text as well? Thanks. Maria JASSB Not certain what you mean. You can save a Publisher file as text or as a .doc. Or you can copy the text and paste it into an email post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JASSB" <JASSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE741A-690E-4444-A3F2-F98AF1623CF8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to email a document's content as a text as well? > > Thanks. > Maria > JASSB ...

Problems getting store to mount.
I had a storage group with 2 mailbox stores in it. I removed one of the stores permanently when I noticed that the other mailbox store was offline. When I tried mount the database I receive the following error: An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both. ID no: c1041724 Exchange System Manager I've restared the server and still no luck. There is another Storage Group on the server with a mailbox store and it works fine. The other errors in the Application log that appear when I ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Exchange 5.5 Tracing Spoofed Email
I am administrating an Exchange 5.5 server with about 100 mailboxes. For financial reasons we are not able to upgrade. 5.5 works well most of the time, but lately we've run into a problem with SPAM. It appears that some PC on our network is sending spam. The outbound email appears in the queue. It goes to seemingly random addresses (not any that would be in anyone's Outlook contact list) and the sender is blank. Relaying is turned off (per the MS Knowlege Base article) and I have gone through the steps to verify it. My guess is that the worm is on our local network and th...

downloaded email not in inbox!
I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003 and when I download my pop3 email it recieves the messages but they dont appear in my inbox or anywhere else! I've created a new pst file and tried downloading to that but the file size doesn't change after emails come in, so emails are lost once they are deleted from the pop3 server. Anyone have suggestions?! Why arent the emails going to the pst and my inbox? thanx. ...

how do i set up outlook expres inside a company and set my email
need immidiate action What has this to do with Word? Ask your company IT support. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "sukanta" <sukanta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFAAD93-EBF4-4FBE-A407-29066C1968DE@microsoft.com... > need i...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

use "template" in C
can "template" be used in .C file? I wanted to write a arameterized function, but "template" would not compile. I am thinking that the template keyword is not supported in .C file, but I just want to confirm. Thanks. WJ "WJ" <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:84083384-1716-4788-B3B5-1E564791DB57@microsoft.com... > can "template" be used in .C file? > > I wanted to write a arameterized function, but "template" would not > compile. > I am thinking that the template keyword ...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Not receiving email in outlook #2
About 1 month ago, Email was no longer being received in my Outlook inbox. I can still read my emails via Hotmail . After lots of frustration, I have not been able to resolve. Any suggestions? Chris Any error messages ?? Post it here . Also describe what happens --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:D3FF1F7F-8A8A-465A-8023-67F0B0D054EC@microsoft.com... > About 1 month ago, Email was no longer being receiv...

By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orther than some c
By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orthe than some cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox selection.rows.count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Amolin >" <<Amolin.19tv0y@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Amolin.19tv0y@excelforum-nospam.com... > By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orther > than some cells? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > To check that at least one entire row is selected, you can count the...