received messages randomly in either of two accounts

I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail accounts
with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account.
When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although the
senders are sendin to the Sky.com account.
How can this happen.

Why would you expect to see an incoming message in both of your =
accounts?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bryan1345"  wrote in message =

I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail =
accounts
with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account.
When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although =
the
senders are sendin to the Sky.com account.
How can this happen.=20

0
Gary
6/3/2010 4:36:25 PM
On the Hotmail website did you set it to fetch mail from the Sky
account?

If you are going to use WLM, I'd turn off the fetching on the Hotmail
website so that the mail will then come into the correct account.

As for what's happening, in WLM look at the Tools (ALT+T), Accounts,
Mail (Sky), Properties, Advanced.  If you don't have the Leave a copy of
messages on the server selected, when WLM downloads a message that would
make it unavailable for Hotmail to fetch the message from the server.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Bryan1345" <Bryan1345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail
> accounts
> with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account.
> When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts
> although the
> senders are sendin to the Sky.com account.
> How can this happen.

0
Michael

Custom Error Message 06-27-07
I have a table that holds information about construction sites. Three of the fields (account number, lot number and street address) are a mulitiple field primary key. I have a form that is used to enter the information into this table. If the combination of the account number, lot number and street address have all ready been used, it will not accept this entry (which is what I want). But I get an standard Access error message. How can I give an error message box that will really tell the user what is wrong and how to correct the entry? Phil Trap the Access error message in the On_Error...

When I open Word, I get a message BCM addin doesnt match
When I open Word, Excel, Outlook, PP or Publisher I get a message 'BCM Office Addin'. 'Office Application Version doesnt match.' Uninstall BCM (MS Business Contact Manager) and test again. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Road" <Road@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B1161B9-BF81-4420-9967-4D30CC6A469A@microsoft.com... > When I open Word, Excel, Outlook, PP or Publisher I get a message 'BCM > Office > Addin'. 'Office Application Version doesnt match.' ...

How to make two charts look exactly the same?
Hi! I'm using charts from excel in a report written in LaTeX. The chart are converted to .eps by WMF2EPS. My problem is this; I want a uniform appearance of all graphs in my report, but no matte how much I try in excel the graphs appear sligthly different. I.e borders or axes don't align properly when two graphs are printed nex to, or above each other. How can I make excel produce charts with attributes that are "exactly alike (apart from the content that is)? Help is greatly appreciated! (copy-paste is NOT an option - fonts and sizes sometimes change when chart is pasted -...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

how do I block incoming messages with non-US charactersets?
I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? I have been getting so much spam from USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe that I want to block all emails with non-cyrilliccharacter sets. How do I do that? "John Brahy" <johnbrahy@community.nospam> wrote in message news:exlO6fFPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to > block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? Your message is very discriminatin...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Query with two Tables with date filed for Date Range
How do I create a Query using two tables that have dates field to calculate a value using both the tables for a Date Range. For Example I have four TABLES- Time Card(TC), PROJECT, TC hours(HOURS), and TC expenses(EXPENSE). TC contains name of employees and their billing rates. PROJECT contains Name of Project. HOURS field are TCId, PROJECTId, Dateworked, and Hours. EXPENSE contains fields TCId, PROJECTId, Dateexpense, Expense. I want to build a query that over a Date Range that sums billable amount=hours worked* billing rate+ expense. I set the Dateworked >=[forms]![Report Date Range]![Be...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Warning message WMP11
Cant start, I got message "file wmploc.dll have ver.no 11.0.6002.18111, 11.0.6002.18065 expectet". Thanks for your support. On 5/6/2010 5:08 AM, WMP11 wrote: > Cant start, I got message "file wmploc.dll have ver.no 11.0.6002.18111, > 11.0.6002.18065 expectet". > > Thanks for your support. Open up cmd.exe as Administrator and run: unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMPVersion -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. --...

Can I add data to two tables, using one form?
Our "Main" form generates a bill for service, and requires name, customer #, date, etc. It was built to populate a "many" Table. Customers can be new (to us) or repeat. We are a small part of the company, and don't create the customer numbers. After creating the Main table and the form that populates it, I realized I need a "One" table with names and the unique customer # (so I made it). I still want people to use that single form to enter the customer #, last name and first name (along with other data relevant to the charges). But I also want the...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

'not responding' message
Can someone tell me what is actually happening when I get the 'program not responding' message? Is it frozen in place? Not working at all? Stuck in an endless loop? The hard drive activity light is blinking like crazy but waiting forever to either repair, uninstall program. When checking task manager it says: not responding. Do I keep waiting? I installed Evolution, for Windows, mail program. Can't seem to get it uninstalled. Used Revo uninstaller and the native uninstaller but both seem to be freezing. Thanks for any help understanding this process. Usually the ...

Error message in Outlook
When I try to open a link in Outlook I get this error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effec on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator, and I have tried Microsoft 'Fix it' and other sites. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help? I'm not sure any question has been answered more often than this one. Never hurts to search the group before you reveal the fact that you haven't bothered to do so. It would save both you and us some time if you did. http://www.slipstick.com/prob...

New Account Set-up
I have been trying, for over a week, to set-up new credit card accounts. I was able to do a couple, than I started getting the message "Account Setup is temporarily unavailable, Please try again later". I checked the knowledge base, and it says this may occur if i have duplicate accounts. Since I did not import or bring in any data/info when i started with money, i don't have any duplicate accounts. I evne tried the merge accounts as suggested in the knowledge base, but then received a message, than I have no accounts to merge. Why can I not use account setup? ...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

How do I generate non-recurring random numbers to assign groups?
I am attempting to use random number generator to assign numbers to subjects in a group so to give each subject a group assignment. Each subject blocked by weight, then assigned a number. This is only an example, but the concept may help you. Let's say we want do sample ten numbers randomly (and uniquely) from a distribution of one to one hundred. Enter the numbers one to one hundred in a column. In the next column enter +RAND() and copy down. Sort by the second column; this will jumble the first column. Just take the first ten entries in the first column. They will be rando...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Double Messages #3
Hi, I am using MSFT Outlook 2002 for XP and when i download my email, I get 2 copies automatically when there are only one in reality. When I check my ISP, there is only one message delivered yet when I download the message, I get it twice. How can I stop the duplication? Thanks in advance for your help. ....Laura Do you have more then one account configured which use the same POP3 server? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Tool...

Unread message folder
On another PC that I run Outlook on, there is an 'Unread Mail' folders in My Favorites folder. It contains a copy of all unread mail in Inbox sub-folders and each email disappears from this folder after I read it. How do I set that feature up. For the machine that doesn't have this folder, is it Outlook 2003? If not, it won't have that feature. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Richard M....

EXCH5.5: Random bounces after moving mailboxes/DLs to new server
We had a long-standing setup comprising two offices (US and UK), each hosting one NT4 domain (INSIGNIA-US and INSIGNIA-UK, full trust), each hosting one Exchange 5.5 site (also INSIGNIA-US and INSIGNIA-UK), each hosting one server (EXCHANGE-US and EXCHANGE-UK), linked via the site connector and SMTP connector (there are Lan-to-Lan VPN links between the sites). The UK office closed. The mail service moves to Sweden. To get some overlap I installed a new server in the Sweden office, creating a new site, INSIGNIA-SE and called the server EXCHANGE-SE. This was using Active Directory though, since...

Interface not registered message

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

New Messages "active x controls"
When clicking on new message, message pops up stating "your current settings probihibt Active X from appearing on your screen", why is this and how do you remove it? I've tried changing my settings and they are the same as everyone else? Could I have downloaded something? Did you install SP2 for Windows XP? -- *Emails sent to personal account will not be read due to virus security* "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c9501c49cd7$e6695160$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When clicking on new message, message pops up > stating ...