reactivate email account

My primary email account is hotmail.  I have a second email account in live.
I have not used the live account for a while and when I tried to send/receive
email from this account I get an error message.  What can I do to fix this.

Well, what is the error message?

If it states your account is closed, etc. you will have to ask over in the
Live Solution Center forum...
they can address account problems there....
http://windowslivehelp.com/

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"John C." <John C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My primary email account is hotmail.  I have a second email account in
> live.
> I have not used the live account for a while and when I tried to
> send/receive
> email from this account I get an error message.  What can I do to fix
> this.

-1
Dave

Online services
I'm trying to set up Bank of America for on-line activity, and I continue to get "Account setup unavailable". I'm able to set up other accounts, just not able to do BOA. Any ideas? Thanx in advance... I can't seem to be able to add any new accounts. Money is unable to retrieve the institutions list. It said to try again later but it's almost been a full day since it was working. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to set up Bank of America for on-line >activity, and I continue to get "Account setup >unavailable". I'm able...

Can't set up Email
I have been trying to set up my email through Outlook and I cant seem to get it to work. I am not very computer savy, but I can work my way around. It keeps saving it fails to find the outgoing and incoming servers. I have tried changing the Pop3 and smtp number to 110, 25 and 995, 25, because that is all the options give me, but it still doesn't work. I am connecting through a cable modem. Please help! ...

How do I reactivate a pst file that was moved
My laptop had to be wiped clean due to a virus and I transferred my pst files from my on-line backup to my laptop after re-installing Windows and I get the following message when trying to open the pst files: The file was moved, renamed, or deleted (and wasn't closed from Outlook first). Is there a way for me to fix these files? Probably not. What steps did you use to corrupt the file? Have you tried the Inbox Repair Tool? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227/en-us -- Russ Valentine "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73DB19B2-3...

How can i save an email with...?
How can i save an email with the modified date to be the sent date in outlook2003? Described it clearly: i need to save an email to an .msg file. and the file's modified date that i need to be the file's sent date. "Sam" <netrocker@gmail.com> ���g��l��s�D:exo5Faf1FHA.1564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can i save an email with the modified date to be the sent date in > outlook2003? > The only thing I can think of would be to try and write some custom code that saves the item to the filesystem and manipulates the metadata. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M...

seeing if email is working
"robert8653@att.net" <robert8653@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2C7AD3-3DC2-4C89-A3C1-1396CF755E4E@microsoft.com... It is and you've just published your email address for all the world to see and spam. However this is not the place for any such tests, Try at: microsoft.public.test.here -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com ...

Email Names
I made a email box that has an midle Initial when he send a eamil but he would like off the the mail box. I have change the user name the ccamil,Ms,SMTP, AND X400 but it still has the midle Initials? Can some help? Thank you Are you talking about what the user sees in the Global Address List? That is the Display Name attribute. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "Louie" <lcorrea2firmentertainment.net> wrote in message news:628C1399-147D-4358-BF08-2F10F2663506@microsoft.com... >I made a email box that has an midle In...

Default email check
Ok I feel silly but have to ask anyway. HOw do I get Outlook 2003 to check for email when starting outlook?????? If you set Outlook to check for new mail every XX minutes, it should perform a check upon startup as well. Don't feel silly -- it's not a very easy thing to figure out. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:299a301c46565$851bcb30$a401280a@phx.gbl, DS wrote: > Ok I feel silly but have to ask anyway. HOw do I get > Outlook ...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. #3
Okay...I'm doing what Microsoft asked us to do with Money 2005. After Money finds the credit card & attempts to update I get the following error message: Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. "Later" has been two days now. ...

how do I reactivate the search engine
I used to be able to go to Search Address Book- and type in a word or two and it would search through my contacts... now it seems to be disabled and I do not know how to reactivate it. I have Microsoft Office Word 2007 Which Search method are you using. Instant Search has replaced older methods. You should be using Instant Search in your Contacts Folder. Searching the address book interface is and always has been a poor choice. -- Russ Valentine "Pauleen" <Pauleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70312BA4-9BA2-4657-89D2-83BE9C241397@microsoft.co...

Product Reactivation
I have a really old machine with MS Publisher 2003 that has been activated. I recently bought a brand new machine and would like to transfer the product to the new machine. Basically, I'd like to deactivate the product on the old machine, and reactivate it on the new one. Can this be done without calling Microsoft Customer Service? What is the procedure? If calling Customer Service is required, what is the phone number? Thank you. Hi DS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a really old machine with MS Publisher 2003 that || has been ac...

email
confirmar email ...

how to allocate notes to accounts on db-level - notes disappear
Hi, we have the phenomenon in CRM 3.0 that some notes disappear and then reappear which were entered at some accounts. I now wanted to get all the notes out of the SQL-db but cannot allocate them to the account or other entities they belong to. Does anyone know whether and how I can achieve this in SQL? Thanks, qp_meb ...

Email message
We currently run Microsoft Outlook for email in our office. My staff would like the option of having the capability of posting an away message when they happen to be on vacation or out of the office. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? Do we need to buy another program? You would need Exchange server to do this automatically, or you would need to use Rules Wizard. BEing a small business, you can also look into purchasing Windows SBS 2003 that includes Exchange, a Firewall, and several CALs, although I don't recall offhand how many, for under $1000. --� Milly Staples [MV...

pop3 emails
When a user of mine hit the reply to button on her email the from address is not populated automatically. I cant figure out why. please help ...

CRM 3.0 Email Marketing Campaign
Good Morning, I started running an email marketing campain yesterday and have a few questions regarding how the emails are sent. I started with a test run of 100 leads in a marketing list and created the campaign email. When I clicked distribute the 100 emails to be sent went to my "In Progress" queue in "My Workplace". I had to click on each email individually and click send for the email to leave the queue. Do I have my system set up incorrectly? I have another 7000 emails to send and dont want them all to go into a queue and have to be sent manually, obviously ...

Send Email from Access
Hi I hope some one can help, as i am not very good on Access I have built a database for placing orders for customers, On the Order Form i would like a button that would send out a email to say that the order has been placed, then another button that order has been despatched. I have looked on the internet for code and found sum but do not understand it. As the order form only has Customer Number im not sure how to code it to look up customers email address from tblCustomers If any one could help i would be very greatful i am able to send the database to you if u want to have a look bu...

Outlook 2003 email problem
:confused: I have recently uprated my system and have Office 2003. I cannot get outlook 2003 to accept e mails. Previouly I had outlook express with btinternet and this worked fine. When I first loaded the system up at a friends home it all worked including recieving e-mails. Now it will not recieve them. I've sent test messages and have no errors up when they go but they do not come back. I can see them by logging onto the BT site and accessing them from there. My internet connection works fine, it is just as if outlook is ignoring any messages. The internet conection is through a dial ...

Email account not sending or recieving
Hi, I can't get outlook to connect to my ISP's mail server. I verified the info with them, but it will not work. I also tried it with Eudora and had the same issue. I also tested it on mail2web.com and it worked. Are there any other settings (maybe on the OS) that could be causing issues? Thanks for any ideas! -Erick When you say "it will not work", what does that mean? Do you get any error messages? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Erick&quo...

Adding e-mail accounts
I'm using Outlook 2003. I understand that I should add an e-mail account before the "send" button can be found in the toolbar. But why can't i find the "Add e-mail accounts" under "Tools"? Tools->Options->Mail Setup tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "wd40_sg" <wd40_sg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D033672D-C3B4-46B5-B7D2-E3...

Keep getting same email "wireless email"
Hi buddy, I'm getting same email for more than 300 times a days. Everytime outlook check for new email, this email comin in first. The Email received from :- Display name : wireless email Email : nsPRynders@netscape.com To:- Display name : Automailer@ns2776.ovh.net Email : Automailer@ns2776.ovh.net Subject : Requested action aborted: local error in processing. Received Date: 15 Dec 2004. Received Time: 2.05pm. Once the email downloaded, Outlook prompt message "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happen when the connection to the server is lost...

simple way to send and receive email when exchange not available
Hmm, what's the best way to configure Outlook 2000 so that when the user is out of the office away from the Exchange 2003 server, he can: a) read and reply to previous messages (offline sync, I know about this part) b) send replys or new emails out from another connection, say dsl or cable without access to exchange. c) get any new mails that come into the exchange server I presently have only OWA setup via ssl for remote access. I also have vpn capability, but hope not to have to give this user that ability. RPC-over-HTTP, hands down. --- David L. West http://www.deskoptional.com ...

workflow email problem
hi I meet a problem with a workflow rule. Rule is simple - just send email on contact create. But rule dos not work. Here is trace log [2007-03-12 17:02:22.79] Process:CrmWorkflowService |Thread:5172 | Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | InternalCrmSetErrorInfoV File: c:\bt\224\src\platform\include\util \icrmerror.h Line: 250 ><description>Not enough privilege to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation.</description><details>The caller does not hold the privilege with ID: {BA09EC92-12C4-4312-BA16-5715C2CBD6DA}</de...

Assign/share CRM email
For MSCRM sales, if one of my contacts sends me an email, and I am away for 2 days, they won't have an acknowledgement or any action taken on their email. Is there some way these can be easily shared amongst the team or business unit so that if someone is away, relevant emails can still be viewed and acted upon? Thanks in advance The email will still go into your Outlook folder - setting your Out-of-office options will continue to work. You could also assign your contacts to another user until you return... I realize this is a potentially nasty work- around! The folks are Microsoft ...

Why the Message: " A program is trying to access email..." when replying.
When replying or forwarding a message from Outlook, I've begun getting the message "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." Why would I be getting this message when working only within Outlook? Thanks for your help! Bernie Maybe because you have Outlook 2002 SP3 and Adobe ProfileMaker? See = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outloo...

no pictures in emails
I use Windows Mail for my email. Suddenly over the last couple of days, pictures and logos are not coming up in received emails. They just show a red x. This just began. I use Firefox 3.5.5 and my computer uses Vista. This is very inconvenient and I hope you can tell me how to fix it. I have researched and not found a fix for this as of yet. Are you sure the sender is including them properly, I guess if this applies to ALL emails the problem may be yours but if you mainly get them like this from one sender it may be his or hers. If it is something that was working okay before ...