Optional Nttp Server - Please Read and Respond

Just trying to gage some interest...

Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.

I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...

How many of you might be interested ?

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

0
winston

Winston

I for one (even though I am not using WLM) would. I am constantly lurking here and
learning all the time and this way I am able to help out users with WLM on other
servers when they post about issues (Mainly foreign)

Also this newsgroup as it stands now(public.windows.live.mail.desktop) is already
running on the alt.aioe.org  servers

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private
> server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time
> into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on
> all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that
> same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Peter
9/10/2010 5:37:38 AM
The MS forums are poorly designed  and not working (buggy).
Even worse, they are split by country/language. If you look for a
problem/solutions and you are from Germany (like me) you get automatically
stuffed into the german part -which contains almost zero useful posts. NG
have always been english/international, only a very few are localized and
most never kicked of.
Yes I am interested to keep at least 1 NG alive with windows live whatsoever
topics.

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Winston
>
> I for one (even though I am not using WLM) would. I am constantly lurking
> here and learning all the time and this way I am able to help out users
> with WLM on other servers when they post about issues (Mainly foreign)
>
> Also this newsgroup as it stands now(public.windows.live.mail.desktop) is
> already running on the alt.aioe.org  servers
>
> --
> Peter

> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>
>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
>> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
>> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group
>> eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group
>> covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>>
>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp
>> newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its
>> own TOS)...
>>
>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>

>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail

0
oppiman
9/10/2010 6:23:21 AM
I would be interested.

Thanks

Bill

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Bill
9/10/2010 9:29:33 AM
Yes please, Winston. I just hope I'll be able to follow download
instructions without messing my computer settings up. As I said in my post
on 1-9-10 I am very new to all this (even typing) :) Also, how will I find
you? This group is closing in 2 days.
Hurry guys......lets join Winston.                         Monika (sorry
oppiman. I know I'm VERY close to your post, but don't know how to get away
from it)
"oppiman" <oppiman(at)live(dot)com> wrote in message
> The MS forums are poorly designed  and not working (buggy).
> Even worse, they are split by country/language. If you look for a
> problem/solutions and you are from Germany (like me) you get automatically
> stuffed into the german part -which contains almost zero useful posts. NG
> have always been english/international, only a very few are localized and
> most never kicked of.
> Yes I am interested to keep at least 1 NG alive with windows live
> whatsoever topics.
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Winston
>>
>> I for one (even though I am not using WLM) would. I am constantly lurking
>> here and learning all the time and this way I am able to help out users
>> with WLM on other servers when they post about issues (Mainly foreign)
>>
>> Also this newsgroup as it stands now(public.windows.live.mail.desktop) is
>> already running on the alt.aioe.org  servers
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>
>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>>
>>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
>>> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
>>> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group
>>> eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group
>>> covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>>>
>>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp
>>> newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its
>>> own TOS)...
>>>
>>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>>

>>> --
>>> ...winston
>>> ms-mvp mail

0
monika

------=_NextPart_000_1406_01CB50A9.567AE1E0

Would the server allow html and attachments?=20
-- Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

  "...winston"  wrote in message =

  Just trying to gage some interest...

  Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news =
servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a =
private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group =
eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group =
covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.

  I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp =
newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its =
own TOS)...

  How many of you might be interested ?

  --
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
------=_NextPart_000_1406_01CB50A9.567AE1E0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<DIV>Would the server allow html and attachments?=20
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">-- =
Ron=20
Sommer<BR>MS MVP- Windows Live Mail</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"...winston"&nbsp; wrote in message=20
  news:OqXrsLKULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Just trying to gage some interest...</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN =
news=20
  servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to =
a=20
  private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.&nbsp; That group=20
  eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group =

  covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or =
related.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp=20
  newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and =
its own=20
  TOS)...</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>How many of you might be interested ?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>--</DIV>
  <DIV>...winston</DIV>
  <DIV>ms-mvp mail</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_1406_01CB50A9.567AE1E0--

0
Ron
9/10/2010 10:30:54 AM
"...winston"  wrote in message news:OqXrsLKULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Just trying to gage some interest...

Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.

I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...

How many of you might be interested ?

Yes even an old grouch like me would be interested.

--
H�lr�y

0
Helroy
9/10/2010 12:32:18 PM
"Ron Sommer"  wrote in message news:OdpMBNNULHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Would the server allow html and attachments?
-- Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

I hope not.

--
H�lr�y

0
Helroy
9/10/2010 12:33:09 PM
+1
--
   Don�

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Don
9/10/2010 12:40:17 PM
Yes..

Art [artfudd] Folden
I'm a PC and Windows 7 sucks less!
"...winston"  wrote in message news:OqXrsLKULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Just trying to gage some interest...

Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews) and
myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the
group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support
group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.

I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same
private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...

How many of you might be interested ?

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

0
Art
9/10/2010 1:08:31 PM
+1

--

Walter B

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Walter
9/10/2010 1:19:27 PM
If it is private and requires a password, how would others needing help
stumble upon it?

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Magnus
9/10/2010 2:36:04 PM
Hi, Winston.

Sure, I'm interested!

As I you know (but others may not), this NG is already mirrored on Usenet.
I'm now doing my own "mirror" by subscribing both here and there (via my
ISP).  This week I'm reading the same messages twice, but next week I'll
still be reading messages there - I hope - even though "here" will have
disappeared.

(Private message:  Please put "nntp" and "NNTP" into your spellchecker so
that it will correct references to "nttp".  <g>  YOU know that it's Network
News Transfer Protocol - but many users may not, and their searches for
"nntp" may come up empty or with some good resources omitted.)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"...winston"  wrote in message news:OqXrsLKULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Just trying to gage some interest...

Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.

I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...

How many of you might be interested ?

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

I would certainly follow it Winston.

--
Cheers,
Peter.R

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OqXrsLKULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>
> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail
0
Peter

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01CB50DE.B30FA5A0

Yes. Html and Attachments would be permissible.  Message size limitation =
is always a concern. Even though the Annex Caf=E9, a free server, having =
a very liberal size limitation(iirc 500kb), it=92s always best to use =
attachments and signatures with discretion in the technical groups.

This would not be a group for use of and posting stationery.....a group =
already exists for that purpose.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

  "...winston"  wrote in message =

  Just trying to gage some interest...

  Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news =
servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a =
private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group =
eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group =
covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.

  I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp =
newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its =
own TOS)...

  How many of you might be interested ?

  --
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
------=_NextPart_000_009A_01CB50DE.B30FA5A0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
<DIV>Yes. Html and Attachments would be permissible.&nbsp; Message size=20
limitation is always a concern. Even though the Annex Caf=E9, a free =
server,=20
having a very liberal size limitation(iirc 500kb), it=92s always best to =
use=20
attachments and signatures with discretion in the technical =
groups.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This would not be a group for use of and posting stationery.....a =
group=20
already exists for that purpose.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">--<BR>...winston<BR>ms-mvp=20
mail<BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: =
#000000; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: =
none">
<DIV>"Ron Sommer" &lt;rsommer@nospam.ktis.net&gt; wrote in message=20
[...]

  <DIV>ms-mvp=20
mail</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>=

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01CB50DE.B30FA5A0--

0
winston
9/10/2010 3:52:52 PM
"Private" is contrary to the spirit of Usenet. Usenet was meant to be an =
open exchange of ideas, from one to many (not a select=20
few).
For now, I will continue to be subscribed to this newsgroup, but through =
a non-MS server.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"...winston"  wrote in message =

Just trying to gage some interest...

Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news =
servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks=20
migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  =
That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user=20
technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all =
things Windows or related.

I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp =
newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required,=20
and its own TOS)...

How many of you might be interested ?

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail=20

0
Gary
9/10/2010 4:19:23 PM
Exactly my point. Let's not become some insular entity.

"Magnus"  wrote in message news:yCrio.73728$6o7.36179@newsfe21.iad...

If it is private and requires a password, how would others needing help
stumble upon it?

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news =
servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks=20
> migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact. =
 That group eventually evolved in time into a user to=20
> user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on =
all things Windows or related.

> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp =
newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw=20
> required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Gary
9/10/2010 4:22:48 PM
For now, following via "WLMailD and Eternal September".
(news.eternal.september.org)
--
   Don�

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> "Private" is contrary to the spirit of Usenet. Usenet was meant to be an
> open exchange of ideas, from one to many (not a select few).
> For now, I will continue to be subscribed to this newsgroup, but through a
> non-MS server.

> "...winston"  wrote in message
>
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Don
9/10/2010 5:35:56 PM
This group has just appeared :
annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
Is this yours?

I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot easier.
:-)
Grenou

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
Grenou
9/10/2010 6:22:16 PM
Port 119?  Must no be ready yet.  "The server could not be found"

Configuration:
   Account: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
   Server: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
   User name: Don_Dewiel
   Protocol: NNTP

--
   Don�

"Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
> This group has just appeared :
> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
> Is this yours?
>
> I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot
> easier.
> :-)
> Grenou
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>
>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
>> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
>> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group
>> eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group
>> covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>>
>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp
>> newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its
>> own TOS)...
>>
>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>

>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail

0
Don
9/10/2010 7:50:33 PM
Ooo, I hope you're asking Winston.
I subscribed to Annex cafe a few years ago (for their graphics groups), so
no problem.
I vaguely remember you have to sign in (this avoids unpleasant people
joining in the fun).

I am sure Winston will explain all :-)

Grenou

"Don Dewiel" <dondewiel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Port 119?  Must no be ready yet.  "The server could not be found"
>
> Configuration:
>   Account: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>   Server: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>   User name: Don_Dewiel
>   Protocol: NNTP
>
> --
>   Don�
>
> "Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
>> This group has just appeared :
>> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>> Is this yours?
>>
>> I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot
>> easier.
>> :-)
>> Grenou
>>

>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>>
>>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
>>> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
>>> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group
>>> eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group
>>> covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>>>
>>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp
>>> newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its
>>> own TOS)...
>>>
>>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>>

>>> --
>>> ...winston
>>> ms-mvp mail

0
Grenou
9/10/2010 8:09:35 PM
Grenou,

I may have configured incorrectly.  Been so long since I set it up...... I
could use some help.  Thanks.
--

> Ooo, I hope you're asking Winston.
> I subscribed to Annex cafe a few years ago (for their graphics groups), so
> no problem.
> I vaguely remember you have to sign in (this avoids unpleasant people
> joining in the fun).
>
> I am sure Winston will explain all :-)
>
> Grenou
>
> "Don Dewiel" <dondewiel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Port 119?  Must no be ready yet.  "The server could not be found"
>>
>> Configuration:
>>   Account: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>>   Server: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>>   User name: Don_Dewiel
>>   Protocol: NNTP
>>
>> --
>>   Don�
>>
>> "Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
>>> This group has just appeared :
>>> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>>> Is this yours?
>>>
>>> I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot
>>> easier.
>>> :-)
>>> Grenou
>>>

>>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
Don
9/10/2010 8:22:22 PM
The server name is:  news.annexcafe.com

See this for how to set up in OE or WLMail, and Thunderbird, if you haven't already:

http://www.annexcafe.com/faq.cfm

"Don Dewiel"  wrote in message news:i6e25e$ocu$1@news.eternal-september.org...

Port 119?  Must no be ready yet.  "The server could not be found"

Configuration:
   Account: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
   Server: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
   User name: Don_Dewiel
   Protocol: NNTP

--
   Don�

"Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
> This group has just appeared :
> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
> Is this yours?
>
> I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot easier.
> :-)
> Grenou
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>
>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews)
>> and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to
>> keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user
>> technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or
>> related.
>>
>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same
>> private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>>
>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>

>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail

0
Art
9/10/2010 8:52:03 PM
Same instructions work for Windows Mail also.

"Art [artfudd] Folden"  wrote in message news:#KQedoSULHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

The server name is:  news.annexcafe.com

See this for how to set up in OE or WLMail, and Thunderbird, if you haven't already:

http://www.annexcafe.com/faq.cfm

Art [artfudd] Folden
I'm a PC and Windows 7 sucks less!
"Don Dewiel"  wrote in message news:i6e25e$ocu$1@news.eternal-september.org...

Port 119?  Must no be ready yet.  "The server could not be found"

Configuration:
   Account: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
   Server: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
   User name: Don_Dewiel
   Protocol: NNTP

--
   Don�

"Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
> This group has just appeared :
> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
> Is this yours?
>
> I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot easier.
> :-)
> Grenou
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>
>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews)
>> and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to
>> keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user
>> technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or
>> related.
>>
>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same
>> private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>>
>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>

>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail

0
Art
9/10/2010 9:02:04 PM
Thanks, Art.  got it up and running.
--
   Don�

"Art [artfudd] Folden" <noone@nothere.ca> wrote in message
> The server name is:  news.annexcafe.com
>
> See this for how to set up in OE or WLMail, and Thunderbird, if you
> haven't already:
>
> http://www.annexcafe.com/faq.cfm
>
> Art [artfudd] Folden
> I'm a PC and Windows 7 sucks less!
> "Don Dewiel"  wrote in message
>
> Port 119?  Must no be ready yet.  "The server could not be found"
>
> Configuration:
>   Account: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>   Server: annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>   User name: Don_Dewiel
>   Protocol: NNTP
>
> --
>   Don�
>
> "Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
>> This group has just appeared :
>> annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
>> Is this yours?
>>
>> I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot
>> easier.
>> :-)
>> Grenou
>>

>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>>
>>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
>>> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
>>> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group
>>> eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group
>>> covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>>>
>>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp
>>> newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its
>>> own TOS)...
>>>
>>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>>

>>> --
>>> ...winston
>>> ms-mvp mail

0
Don
9/10/2010 9:49:08 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:23:29 -0400, ...winston wrote:

> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre
> (msnnews) ...

Actually, that happened only a few months ago.

> ... and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server
> (AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time
> into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and
> A on all things Windows or related.

I've never used this, "AnnexCafe" for anything.

> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on
> that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?

These groups likely will continue to exist on the public NNTP servers which
are still up and running. But there will probably be no incentives for those
with MVP to use any private NNTP service any more than to continue using the
public NNTP service groups. As long as MS is not officially connected with
the NNTP groups, interest will probably fade away.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

This is not be a group for use of and posting stationery(now excluded from WLM) besides a group for those so inclined already exists on the server with knowledgeable long time users.

Having already received positive feedback from current AnnexCafe users and a cross section here....the group is already setup.

Annex Caf� Member Signup
http://annexcafe.com/accounts/signup.cfm

Annex Caf� Terms of Service
http://annexcafe.com/tos.cfm

Here�s the link to instructions for setting up WLM for newsgroups:
http://www.annexcafe.com/windowslivemail.cfm

Newsgroup Server
news.annexcafe.com

Newsgroup Link

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:OdpMBNNULHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
[...]

9/11/2010 3:13:35 AM
About the Annex Caf�
http://www.annexcafe.com/about.cfm
- fyi..see the notes about why there is an Annex Caf�

"monika"  wrote in message news:#hMV91MULHA.4980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Yes please, Winston. I just hope I'll be able to follow download
instructions without messing my computer settings up. As I said in my post
on 1-9-10 I am very new to all this (even typing) :) Also, how will I find
you? This group is closing in 2 days.
Hurry guys......lets join Winston.                         Monika (sorry
oppiman. I know I'm VERY close to your post, but don't know how to get away
from it)
"oppiman" <oppiman(at)live(dot)com> wrote in message
> The MS forums are poorly designed  and not working (buggy).
> Even worse, they are split by country/language. If you look for a problem/solutions and you are from Germany (like me) you get automatically stuffed into the german part -which contains almost zero useful posts. NG have always been english/international, only a very few are localized and most never kicked of.
> Yes I am interested to keep at least 1 NG alive with windows live whatsoever topics.
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OefZLpKULHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Winston
>>
>> I for one (even though I am not using WLM) would. I am constantly lurking here and learning all the time and this way I am able to help out users with WLM on other servers when they post about issues (Mainly foreign)
>>
>> Also this newsgroup as it stands now(public.windows.live.mail.desktop) is already running on the alt.aioe.org  servers
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>
>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OqXrsLKULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Just trying to gage some interest...
>>>
>>> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>>>
>>> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>>>
>>> How many of you might be interested ?
>>>

>>> --
>>> ...winston
>>> ms-mvp mail

0
winston
9/11/2010 4:55:34 AM
I believe there is room for this.
Both Eternal September and Aioe (servers carrying this soon to be defunct group) have their own limitations.

The Annex Caf� provides opportunities to aid in problem solving that are normally frowned upon or not available in Usenet flavored/based nntp groups. Two of those are immediately notable.
1. HTML postings
- Let's face it...WLM is first an Html client with an option to use plain text
- This WLM group(on msnews) has numerous posts using Html

2. Larger Message size capability (including attachments)

Everyone will have to make up their own mind.  I'm pretty confident that many(like others who have migrated from other Usenet servers) will find the Annex worth their time.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen"  wrote in message news:ebuDoRQULHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

Exactly my point. Let's not become some insular entity.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Magnus"  wrote in message news:yCrio.73728$6o7.36179@newsfe21.iad...

If it is private and requires a password, how would others needing help
stumble upon it?

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
winston
9/11/2010 5:07:25 AM
RC.,
If everything goes as planned...this group will be gone as well as the community web UI/CDO.  Most of the other groups have disappeared from both locations(there is one awkward exception...the WLMsgr group is gone from this server, yet the group name [but no posts] were still present in the web UI)

The WLM group on the Annex Caf� is already setup(look for a new thread 'Optional Nntp WLM Newsgroup' with the details).

I received a fair amount of support from folks on the AnnexCafe community expressing interest to do so even if users here decided to continue with the Usenet groups on Aioe.org/Eternal September.  It provides a few features that Usenet doesn't(Moderated, Html permitted, larger message size).

As an old MSN'er Html never bothered me...it was permitted in the old msnnews groups. Also with WLM being more Html focused(for integration with other WLE apps, SkyDrive, Photo Email)) than plain text it just makes more sense to provide that capability vs. the old guard plain text approach on Usenet.  Having spent almost a decade in the Annex Caf�'s User2User technical group its never been a problem or abused.

Larger message size(500 kb) comes in handy for problem resolution when attachments or inserted pic provide more clarity than might be capable form some users explaining in plain text.  Likewise, folks imo, can take advantage of the option without abusing the privilege.

And thank you..I checked my spell checker...I found I had previously ok'd the mispelled nttp as 'good'. Now corrected. Thanks again for noticing!!

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"R. C. White"  wrote in message news:OlGbzWPULHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

[...]

9/11/2010 6:22:53 AM
That will always be an issue though word of mouth, blog postings(I'll do one on LiveUnplugged) will have to suffice.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Magnus"  wrote in message news:yCrio.73728$6o7.36179@newsfe21.iad...

If it is private and requires a password, how would others needing help
stumble upon it?

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
winston
9/11/2010 6:25:59 AM
Yes...you can access it now.
And yes, screen shots are permitted but please crop the unnecessary content and only attach or insert jpg, png, gif type files.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Grenou"  wrote in message news:OBy#0URULHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

This group has just appeared :
annexcafe.general.windowslivemail
Is this yours?

I hope we can attach screenshots and such, that will make life a lot easier.
:-)
Grenou

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news
> servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a
> private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually
> evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a
> diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related.
>
> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup
> on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?
>

> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail

0
winston
9/11/2010 6:29:39 AM
Msnnews ceased to exist about 10 yrs ago.
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1023-237194.html

MSN groups(not nntp) were discontinued in 2009

I recognize that everyone will migrate to whatever format meets their personal preference.
As far as MVP's go we still have the opportunity to post in the WLSC just like the regular public.
Having received a fair amount of interest from existing Annex Caf� people interested in WLMail(and folks I've know for at least a decade...The Annex existence was founded on the that same MSN msnnews server being deprecated 10 years ago) rather than continue to tell those folks the WLSC or other nntp servers...it made a lot of sense to allow them to remain on their own playground.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"N. Miller"  wrote in message news:1kopfzuxmhoif$.dlg@msnews.aosake.net...

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:23:29 -0400, ...winston wrote:

> Just trying to gage some interest...
>
> Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre
> (msnnews) ...

Actually, that happened only a few months ago.

> ... and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server
> (AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact.  That group eventually evolved in time
> into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and
> A on all things Windows or related.

I've never used this, "AnnexCafe" for anything.

> I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on
> that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)...
>
> How many of you might be interested ?

These groups likely will continue to exist on the public NNTP servers which
are still up and running. But there will probably be no incentives for those
with MVP to use any private NNTP service any more than to continue using the
public NNTP service groups. As long as MS is not officially connected with
the NNTP groups, interest will probably fade away.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

0
winston

Removed server w/out rehoming connectors
I obviously did not do enough research on this before I put my new server up and am a fairly new Exchange admin but...... I had a E2K on a W2K server and put up a brand new E2K3 on a W2K3 server. I moved the mailboxes and everything is fine except... In exchange system manager, the connector for MS Mail, FreeBusy, etc. all have the old server name beside them except for the SMTP connector. i.e.- Connector for MS Mail(DC1) How can I get them to reflect the new server? I do not care about most of them because I do not use the connectors but I would like to home the FreeBusy to the ...

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

Server for Update 11.2.5 not foound
I've ben trying for about a week to download the Office 11.2.5 update (English) but keep the a "Server cannot be found" error message. Any insights as to why? Many thanks. I don't know how you've been trying but this seems to work with no problem: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ Use the links on the right side of the page. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "RobinMN" <robin@bitstream.net> wrote in message news:1156793767.752043.235790@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > I've ben trying for about a week to download the Office 11.2.5 update ...

Encrypting email via Exchange Virtual Server
Can I configure an Exchange 2003 SP2 Virtual SMTP Server to encrypt/decrypt all email routing through that server. I need to encrypt emails to a specific domain and can't expect my users to remember to do this. Thanks, Mike Ober. - When you encrypt smtp server communication, you're encrypting it from smtp host a (sending host) to smtp host b (receiving host) - point-to-point. This is done using TLS. - Install a cert. - Create SMTP Connector for TLS connections, insert the receiving domain name, select TLS. How to help protect SMTP communication by using the Transport Layer ...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

SQL Server 2000/MSDE/SQL 2005 Express mixed environment REDUX
I don't consider myself stupid, but when it comes to making a managed post apparently I have some sort of mental block or something. Hopefully this time I'll have better luck... Originally posted on 8/1/06: --------------------------------- In my network, HQ & Store Ops for one store run on SQL Server 2000 (part of SBS 2003). The registers & office pcs in that bldg all run MSDE. In store two, the server (Windows Server 2003 Std) hosts Store Ops with MSDE and all the registers & PCs run MSDE. I just rolled out store three (just like store two), and again used MSDE ever...

CRM 4.0 and SQL Server 2008
Is anyone using CRM 4.0 successfully with SQL Server 2008? If so, have you had any major issues? I'm using CRM 4.0 with Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008, all x64 editions. I haven't had *any* problem so far, but I don't consider my environment a real production environment. Just make sure to update the installation files when installing CRM 4.0, as it contains some required fixes. -- Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog "Jeanenne" <Jeanenne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BA7...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Putting Database on Server so other Employees can access it
I just put a database I created on our server. The other 2 people who will be using it arent able to open it up though. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to fix this so they can use it? Thanks for your help!!! 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. 2. Open the database and go to Tools, Options, and Advanced Tab. Set the Default Open mode to Shared and the Default Record Locking to Edited Record. (...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

SQL Server Back End
I have an Access 2000 Database with 16 Tables 55 Queries 25 Forms and 60 Reports. The Database has been used to handle from 10,000 up to 50,000 records. This is a Constituents Database that is used by elected members of the legislature to keep track of their Constituents. To date the database has been used as a stand-alone desktop or laptop solution. The database has been networked on up to 3 machines in some offices with Microsoft Home Network. There is a growing demand for a system that can be accessed from computers in different locations. I downloaded SQL Server Express 2005 from M...

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

Program Name Options
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office > Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Thanks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u7UaEj6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" > > Richard LeBlanc wrote...

3 exchange servers with 1 primary entry point.
we are changing our internet connection in all of our offices. we are setting up an MPLS nextwork. We have 3 exchange servers in 3 offices two of them are at the 2 entry points 1 of them is not. Since they will be going through another entry point they will have the same address as the one at that entry point. So my question is can we have 1 mail server as the primary entry point for the other 2? how do we set this up? Set MX record for your domain to point to IP of the server that is supposed to accept mail for your domain. Configure firewall accordingly. Greg Siegel wrote: > we ...

Vista and CRM Server
I have tried to install the CRM Server on Vista Ultimate. I get to the point where it asks me to enter the Organizational Unit. I select the Browse button and get the error message "Unable to Browse for Active Directory objects". How can I get past this. CRM Server is not supported on this platform. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "John Sandor" <JohnSandor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:138F3560-5228-4652-8DD9-8E0A06A7EF00@microsoft.com... >I have tried to install the CRM Serv...