Noticeable delay in sending email message

Why is there a ntocieable delay, 30-60 seconds, from when I click the send
button to when my either new, reply to, or forward message is actually sent?
The messages can or cannot have attachments and can be short, 100-150 words,
to long. My account is a hotmail account. Is it such the email server that is
hosting me or is there a settiing I can change? I am using Norton Internet
Security online and have turned OFF the setting to scan all outgoing email.

Dan

Why not set up a second email account, the one you have through your =
ISP?
That way you can compare the two accounts, and it may reveal where
the problem lies.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Why is there a ntocieable delay, 30-60 seconds, from when I click the =
send=20
> button to when my either new, reply to, or forward message is actually =
sent?=20
> The messages can or cannot have attachments and can be short, 100-150 =
words,=20
> to long. My account is a hotmail account. Is it such the email server =
that is=20
> hosting me or is there a settiing I can change? I am using Norton =
Internet=20
> Security online and have turned OFF the setting to scan all outgoing =
email.
>=20
> Dan
0
Gary

Send Raw Data to a Printer
To print directly to a printer I have tried the solution: "HOWTO: Send Raw Data to a Printer by Using the Win32 API" http://support.microsoft.com/?id=138594 But nothing comes out on the printer! The "status box" (double-click on printer tray icon) shows the document for a second or so when RawPrint is executed, usually with status Spooling and occasionally with status Printing, but as mentioned nothing gets printed. The printer works OK when printing from notepad, word etc. The printer is a Canon S750 (I have named it CanonS750 in Windows), and it's connected with par...

sending delay?
When pushing the send button in outlook 2000 it takes up to 3 minutes for the hourglass to disappear. We use Exchange 2000. This problem only occurs in the office where the server stands. From other office's which are connected using routers this problem never occurs. What can be the problem I had the same problem and realized it was a corrupted profile. Check that out! "Andr�" <andre@paagman.org> wrote in message news:%23CGpdRrRDHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When pushing the send button in outlook 2000 it takes up to 3 minutes for > the hourglass to disapp...

Can't send, can receive
Hey everyone, Currently I am able to receive all my email from POP server, however when I send a message, it is taken from outbox and moved into sent items, but never gets to where it is going. My mail server does require authentication, and the settings are all correct. They do not restrict connecting to third party mail server, as long as it is authenticated. I receive no error message, they just act like they went out but go nowhere. Have tried removing the email account and resetting it up, but to no avail. My laptop that accesses the same account, but through a different network, is...

Importing old emails
Hello, My laptop was stolen and I was using Windows Mail. Now I am using my desktop and wanted to know if their is a way to get the old emails from windows Mail. I imported the emails, but they only give me the new emails coming in and I am in need of all the old ones. I am using Outlook now but could use any mail application if I can recieve the old ones. Was the Windows Mail account a POP3 account? By default, Windows Mail deletes successfully downloaded messages from the server. You should take a look on the server (via webmail) to see what is there, but I = wouldn't ge...

Publisher read/write error message
I get this error message in publisher on only one of about 90 computers on campus. "The disk you are trying to save to is write-protected. Make the disk read/write or use a different disk" I am trying to save to a novell server (p4-2.8GHz 1GBram dual 120GB sata raid), running netware 5.1 from a WinXP box (p4 2.3GHz 512MBram 80GB), and the drive is not write- protected!! I re-installed Publisher, and XP, with no luck!?!? Any other computer on campus works fine. PLEASE HELP Publisher is not network friendly and all Publisher files *MUST* be saved on the local hard drive. &g...

error 0x8de00006 "The Operation Failed" when trying to send mail
When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error 0x8DE00006 "The Operation Failed". I don't have problems with other e-mails or forwarding items Outlook 07 , 98 , 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, ????????????? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "tedo" <tedo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0545B-456A-4CED-8635-A973D4DFF4CD@microsoft.com... > When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error...

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

yahoo's email window
I cannot seem to find what I am having issue with in yahoo's help. Simply, I use classic mail & the window is so small, I have to scroll each & every time I want to review & respond to certain points, yet the window takes up less than half the browser window - anyone know how to enlarge the classic mail window, so I can read & respond without having to scroll down for each sentence or paragraph ? Many thanks for any/all -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via A...

email addresses tied to a spread sheet
When I attach an excel spreadsheet using the ‘send to mail recipient’ and then select ‘send the current sheet as the message body’ the email addresses that we always had tied to each sheet are no longer showing. When I’m ready to send the excel sheet as the message body, I hit the ‘send to mail recipient’. If this is a sheet that I send out as a message body on a regular basis, the email addresses and the subject line have always been stored in the address section and subject section when we were on the 2003 version. Now on the 2007 version, the email addresses and subject come ...

Send/Receive #12
Get error message: "Operation failed. An object could not be found." Help! That usually means address book problems... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search...

Install screen when sending emails
I have a user who gets an MS Office installation popup when trying to send messages or reply. I don't have a CD to use to let it install whatever components it's trying to install. Anyone know why this would popup when everything appears to be working just fine otherwise? Where is the CD? Is this a network installation? If it is asking for the CD, you must insert it when required. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head...

Outlook sending e-mailerror
Please can someone help. My Outlook 2003 has started to give me this error when sending e-mails Send test e-mail message. The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings close this dialog, then click More settings and click on the advanced tab. I have changed nothing, just turned it off one night and back on the next day!!!! If I use Outlook express with the same settings it works fine? Please can anyone help ...

Disclaimer Notice
In an Ex2003 organization messaging system is there any way that a Disclaimer Message be set as a part of organization policy. We wish that for every email sent out from our Org a Disclaimer Notice be added to the email automatically. We DO NOT WISH individaul user to be doing this by adding the disclaimer as a part of there signature. You need a 3rd party product for this. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

CANT RECEIVE EMAIL
WITH WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL AND OFFICE XP PREOFESSIONAL WITH OUTLOOK 2003, OUTLOOK HAS JUST STOPPED RECEIVING, ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE EMAILS ON NETMAIL. PLEASE HELP Loose the caps - it is rude and considered shouting, not to mention hard to read. What happens if you use the test account settings feature? what is the exact error message you receive? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one'...

How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have errors.
How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have errors. Example:- somobody@thisplace.com :error somebody@thisplace.com :OK highlight them and delete "Barry McConomy" <smile@vianet.ca> wrote in message news:103mp3hp7npqk02@corp.supernews.com... > How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have > errors. > > Example:- > > somobody@thisplace.com :error > somebody@thisplace.com :OK > > Barry McConomy <smile@vianet.ca> wrote: > How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don'...

My Outlook will not allow me to send emails with attachments.
Norton 360 pops up everytime I send an email with attachments and the recipient never receives the email. "Angelic Pax" <Angelic Pax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E3C879-D99F-41A7-992D-382DFE733833@microsoft.com... > Norton 360 pops up everytime I send an email with attachments and the > recipient never receives the email. Disable the integration with Outlook. This may mean uninstalling Norton and re-installing without email integration. Not having email integration is no less secure than if you have it... check here http://ww...

ODBC Error Message
'Error 1919 configuring ODBC Data Source Component not found in registry.' I research this error online and found instructions from Microsoft support to help correct this problem One of the instructions was to export two .reg files from another computer on my network where the software was working and then import them to the computer that needed to be fixed. I did this, but it was not successful because on one of the ODBC files I exported, I received the following error message when I attempted to import it: cannot import ODBC2.reg . not all data was successfully written ...

Can't send out attachments
I was hoping I could find someone out there to help me with this matter- I recently had to update my resume but I had lost my flash drive so I went in to use Microsoft Works and copied the heading a onto a Word document well I figured out it would not send through mail so I went into Word 2007 and retyped over so there was no confusion - I cannot attachment the document without getting the response the file could not be attached or will not send with email- Never has been a problem so I wonder what to do- I have contacted service provider which is Road Runner and they said n...

Email recovery
my XP crapped out so I recovered to a 2 week old image (Drive Image) on an entirely new HDD. I still have the other drive, it works but won't boot to windows. I have access to everything on the drive, but I'm missing 2 weeks of emails that were'nt backed up. Does anyone know the file folder where Outlook stores your Inbox emails? I can't find them. Thanks Jeff jword1@pacbell.net Usual called outlook.pst. Search for *.pst. Make sure you're searching in hidden/system folder "Jeff Word" <jword1@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:000f01c355f8$7e3a...

Send-As for Public Folder
I am trying to make a Public Folder to send Auto-Replies as a different Public Folder. Is that possible at all? Here's the info... Using Exchange 2003 SP1. I have a Public Folder that receives resumes from interested job applicants. It has the email (jobs@mydomain.com). Initially and currently, it sends out auto-replies from jobs@mydomain.com thanking them for their email. However, due to the massive amount of spam and viruses we get this "jobs@" address, it's firing back a lot of unsolicited resume submissions because viruses are picking up addresses left, right and...

Email to Hotmail
I cannot send mail to any Hotmail account, it is just returned as undeliverable. We are running Exch 2000 with all service packs installed Any ideas Please post the contents of the NDR. There are dozens of reasons mail can be returned as undeliverable. Without seeing the exact error, it is impossible to tell why. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C618CF71-DB33-499A-B392-EDDEB2D9A523@microsoft.com... >I cannot send mail to any Hotmail account, it is just returned as > undeliverable. > > W...

time delay
When I send messages in Outlook 2002, the time is delayed by one hour. At the bottom of the Windows office XP screen is current. How do I change to the correct time in Outlook? Check your time AND daylight savings time settings under both Control Panel and Outlook tools->options->calendar. Make sure they all match. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer denise joachim with denise@whbroker.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When I send messages ...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

Send Recieve button not showing up
I had to redo my computer. Reinstalled microsoft office 2000 premium. In outlook my send recieve button disappeard when asked wheather to enable or disable macros. Can't find how to get my button back. It disappeared after asked you ? or when you start it ? "kirk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47e201c3b218$04a4bc10$a601280a@phx.gbl... I had to redo my computer. Reinstalled microsoft office 2000 premium. In outlook my send recieve button disappeard when asked wheather to enable or disable macros. Can't find how to get my button back...

formatting in forwarded messages
Hi all, Im having a bit of trouble finding a particular setting in outlook 2007. I dont know if its easy to describe, but here goes: When forwarding a message outlook 2007 used to add a horizontal line to forwarded messages before adding to forward text above. This acted as a line break so there was space before the new text was entered. On my work computer this line is not present. What im wanting to know, is what the setting is to switch this horizontal line break on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks You are probably replying to a Plain Text message then wh...