Newsonly switch

I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to
start WLM from DOS.  I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked,
"properties" target field, but was unable to do so.  Is there any way to add
the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box?  Or maybe
elsewhere?  Please help, and thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Paine Ellsworth
painius@aol.com

0
Paine

"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message news:emif1u0mKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to
> start WLM from DOS.  I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked,
> "properties" target field, but was unable to do so.  Is there any way to add
> the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box?  Or maybe
> elsewhere?  Please help, and thank you in advance!
>
> Sincerely,
> Paine Ellsworth
> painius@aol.com

0
winston
1/22/2010 10:54:48 AM
"Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message
> I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to
> start WLM from DOS.  I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked,
> "properties" target field, but was unable to do so.  Is there any way to
> add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box?  Or maybe
> elsewhere?  Please help, and thank you in advance!

Which properties box? If you add /news to the target in the properties of
the shortcut you use to launch the program, it will open in news mode.
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
1/22/2010 11:08:13 AM
The newsonly switch would be used if you want to start WLMail without the
email accounts.  The switch would be used when you use Outlook for email.
/news will start WLMail displaying newsgroups, but still having email
accounts.
/news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop will
start WLMail in the mail.desktop newsgroup.

What operating system?
What happened when you tried to add the switch?
Where you using wlmail.exe" /newsonly ?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message
> I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to
> start WLM from DOS.  I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked,
> "properties" target field, but was unable to do so.  Is there any way to
> add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box?  Or maybe
> elsewhere?  Please help, and thank you in advance!
>
> Sincerely,
> Paine Ellsworth
> painius@aol.com

0
Ron
1/22/2010 11:24:12 AM
winston,
Paine didn't state his operating system, so you should have:
XP or Vista   "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
Win 7  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to
>> start WLM from DOS.  I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked,
>> "properties" target field, but was unable to do so.  Is there any way to
>> add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box?  Or maybe
>> elsewhere?  Please help, and thank you in advance!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Paine Ellsworth
>> painius@aol.com

0
Ron
1/22/2010 11:35:52 AM
All Windows 7
http://cid-68db8d9f90491e35.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/WLM%5E_Pa=
th.jpg

Same as XP

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message =
> winston,
> Paine didn't state his operating system, so you should have:
> XP or Vista   "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
> Win 7  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
> --=20
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message =
>> "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>
>> --=20
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message =
>>> I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used =
it to start WLM from DOS.  I tried to add the switch to the=20
>>> right-clicked, "properties" target field, but was unable to do so.  =
Is there any way to add the newsonly switch to the field(s)=20
>>> in the properties box?  Or maybe elsewhere?  Please help, and thank =
you in advance!

>>> Sincerely,
>>> Paine Ellsworth
>>> painius@aol.com

0
winston
1/23/2010 2:49:18 AM
It is not the same for me.
http://cid-b359c12bba69b65a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public
--

> All Windows 7
> http://cid-68db8d9f90491e35.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/WLM%5E_Path.jpg
>
> Same as XP
>
> --
> ...winston
> MS-MVP[Mail]
>
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> winston,
>> Paine didn't state his operating system, so you should have:
>> XP or Vista   "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>> Win 7  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP-Mail
>>
>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>>
>>> --
>>>  ...winston
>>>  ms-mvp mail
>>>
>>> "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message

0
Ron
1/23/2010 4:10:27 AM
64bit vs 32 bit  :)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:#A$qCI#mKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> It is not the same for me.
> http://cid-b359c12bba69b65a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> All Windows 7
>> http://cid-68db8d9f90491e35.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/WLM%5E_Path.jpg
>>
>> Same as XP
>>
>> --
>> ...winston
>> MS-MVP[Mail]
>>
>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>>> winston,
>>> Paine didn't state his operating system, so you should have:
>>> XP or Vista   "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>> Win 7  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>> --
>>> Ron Sommer
>>> MS MVP-Mail
>>>
>>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
winston
1/23/2010 9:46:03 PM
Winston,
Does Program Files (x86) apply to all 64 bit computers?

Then this would be the correct paths:

XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows
Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
--

> 64bit vs 32 bit  :)
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> It is not the same for me.
>> http://cid-b359c12bba69b65a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP-Mail
>>
>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> All Windows 7
>>> http://cid-68db8d9f90491e35.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/WLM%5E_Path.jpg
>>>
>>> Same as XP
>>>
>>> --
>>> ...winston
>>> MS-MVP[Mail]
>>>
>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message

0
Ron
1/23/2010 10:59:24 PM
Hello Ron,

Or....

XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news

XP or Vista or Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news

Iirc it all started with XP Pro 64bit on the AMD64 and Intel EMT64 x64 capable processors where 32-bit software applications run in
the 'Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) subsystem'.  32 bit applications are installed to the Program files (x86) folder with those 32
bit apps having separate hives in the registry to prevent problems.

With 64bit becoming more common(and Windows 7 retail now provided with both 32/64 bit versions) it will be increasingly important
to ask if 32 or 64 bit when specifying pathnames :)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:#wYF5#HnKHA.5692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Winston,
> Does Program Files (x86) apply to all 64 bit computers?
>
> Then this would be the correct paths:
>
> XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
> Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O6q3BkHnKHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> 64bit vs 32 bit  :)
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:#A$qCI#mKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> It is not the same for me.
>>> http://cid-b359c12bba69b65a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public
>>> --
>>> Ron Sommer
>>> MS MVP-Mail

0
winston
Thanks
Ron Sommer

> Hello Ron,
>
> Or....
>
> XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows
> Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>
> XP or Vista or Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
> Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>

> Iirc it all started with XP Pro 64bit on the AMD64 and Intel EMT64 x64
> capable processors where 32-bit software applications run in the 'Windows
> on Windows 64 (WOW64) subsystem'.  32 bit applications are installed to
> the Program files (x86) folder with those 32 bit apps having separate
> hives in the registry to prevent problems.
>
> With 64bit becoming more common(and Windows 7 retail now provided with
> both 32/64 bit versions) it will be increasingly important to ask if 32 or
> 64 bit when specifying pathnames :)
>

> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> Winston,
>> Does Program Files (x86) apply to all 64 bit computers?
>>
>> Then this would be the correct paths:
>>
>> XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows
>> Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>> Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP-Mail
>>
>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> 64bit vs 32 bit  :)
>>>
>>> --
>>>  ...winston
>>>  ms-mvp mail
>>>
>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message

0
Ron
1/24/2010 9:08:42 AM
You're welcome.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:OzZ0UTNnKHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> --
> Thanks
> Ron Sommer
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Ron,
>>
>> Or....
>>
>> XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows
>> Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>
>> XP or Vista or Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
>> Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>

>> Iirc it all started with XP Pro 64bit on the AMD64 and Intel EMT64 x64
>> capable processors where 32-bit software applications run in the 'Windows
>> on Windows 64 (WOW64) subsystem'.  32 bit applications are installed to
>> the Program files (x86) folder with those 32 bit apps having separate
>> hives in the registry to prevent problems.
>>
>> With 64bit becoming more common(and Windows 7 retail now provided with
>> both 32/64 bit versions) it will be increasingly important to ask if 32 or
>> 64 bit when specifying pathnames :)
>>

>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>>> Winston,
>>> Does Program Files (x86) apply to all 64 bit computers?
>>>
>>> Then this would be the correct paths:
>>>
>>> XP or Vista or Win 7 32 bit   "C:\Program Files\Windows
>>> Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>> Win 7 64 bit  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news
>>> --
>>> Ron Sommer
>>> MS MVP-Mail
>>>
>>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
winston

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

Newsonly switch
I see that Windows Live Mail has a newsonly switch, and I have used it to start WLM from DOS. I tried to add the switch to the right-clicked, "properties" target field, but was unable to do so. Is there any way to add the newsonly switch to the field(s) in the properties box? Or maybe elsewhere? Please help, and thank you in advance! Sincerely, Paine Ellsworth painius@aol.com "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Paine Ellsworth" <painius@aol.com> wrote in message news:emif1u0m...

switching mailbox to a different user.
is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0800, "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to take a mailbox and attach it to another user? I need to >create a user and take a mailbox that is attached to a different user and >somehow attach it to the new user I am creating. Yes. Make sure you have Deleted Mailbox Retention enabled on the store for more than...

I switched on the R1C1 reference style but I can't switch it off a
I got a message its header is "name conflict" That means you had a name that looked like a cell address. If I'm in R1C1 reference style, I can name a range: B3 But if I want to switch back to A1 Reference style, then my name "B3" will confuse excel. It has to have you change this to something that isn't an address. So if you want to change to A1 Reference style, you're gonna have to choose a new name--something like: _B3 would work. gello wrote: > > I got a message its header is "name conflict" -- Dave Peterson ...

converting switch to lookup tbl?
I've had this lingering question for a while and am now finally trying to address it. We know switch statements' sizes are limited. I have this switch statement below, and I need to add more but am bumping up against the size limitation: SELECT Switch( [TCODE]="4030","Purchase - abcd" , [TCODE]="3021","Dividend - abcd", [TCODE]="8081","FIFO Sale - Subtract CDSC", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])<>True,"Not purchase", [TCODE]="7011" And IsNull([TBL1.SACCTNUM])=True,"Purchas...

switching users
(Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit windows.) Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat smoother but has intermittent problems. So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome screen, since they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says Automation Server Can't Create and the previous checks do not hold. Obviously I must not have something loaded ? Appreciate any help. "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:O...

Switching words within cells
Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell. For example, if I have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander? Thanks for the help! hi =SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1)),"/"," & ") Switch the cell address to your cell address >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell. For example, if I >have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander? Thanks >for the help! >. > ...

how do i keep my font size when i switch years on calender
I am making calenders on size D paper (24 x 36) how do i keep my font size of 36 when I switch years Months? Highlight the month on page two, Edit, Undo Synchronize. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "kirkhardee" <kirkhardee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CEB9DE9-1E89-4E87-B9B6-68CF4C549FD8@microsoft.com... >I am making calenders on size D paper (24 x 36) how do i keep my font size of > 36 when I switch years ...

Switch question
Hi, I want to open up new message (opened from a link on the dsktop) with my email address already inserted in the from box. Any way I can do this? -- BadHead :) --- OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 (32-bit) Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP2 MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core) RAM: 2048Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK (4X512MB) GPU: NVIDIA 6800 (Driver Version 78.01) Sound: Creative Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS do you have more than one email account? if so, rather from filling in the from field, you want the account selected. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives...

How do I switch pages around in a document?
I have a 4 page document in Word and need to switch pages 3 & 4 around. Is there a way without having to insert a blank page and cut and paste? Thank you! You probably do not need to insert the blank page. Just select all of the text on Page 3, then use Ctrl+X to cut it from the document, then use Ctrl+End to move to the end of the document and then use Ctrl+V to paste the text from Page 3 back into the document. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

Field Switched
Hello, I have a syntax error in a Word 2003 calculated form control. I have read many of the articles suggested here when dealing with field switches, etc., but keep getting the syntax error. Here is what I am doing and why. Creating a form that will be used by very inexperienced computer users. Some may fill out the form electonically, thus the form fields, others will print it out and fill it in. It must be as simple as possible. verification field with number fields set to calculate on exit and a total calculated field which shows a zero by default. We cannot have th...

MFC switch on function signature?
Hi Experts: Since MFC process Windows messages by switching on the signatures of the message handler functions; what happens when two handlers have same signature? Thanks in advance! Polaris I'm not sure I understand the question, but I often have different messages call the same function. I have to code ths by hand since the wizard won't do it, but for example: ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVERID, OnModified) ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVER_DESC, OnModified) ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDCB_OPMODE, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_FIFO, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_AUTOMIN, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICK...

Can desktop be switched in InitInstance()?
Hi, I'd like my app to run in a non-default desktop. I thought I could create a new desktop and switch to it in InitInstance() and then restore the old desktop in ExitInstance(). The code in InitInstance() is as follows: CMyApp::InitInstance() { m_hDeskThreadSav = ::GetThreadDesktop(GetCurrentThreadId()); m_hDeskInputSav = ::OpenInputDesktop(0, FALSE, DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP); m_hDesktop = ::CreateDesktop(L"MyDesktop", NULL, NULL, 0, GENERIC_ALL, NULL); ::SetThreadDesktop(m_hDesktop); ::SwitchDesktop(m_hDesktop); [...] } When app runs I get a new desktop but the a...

Unable to switch to native mode
I am trying to convert from Mixed to Native mode using the steps in Q272314. Our environment is 4 sites that were upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k3 and we have moved all mailboxes, public folders to the new servers. I have followed all the steps in the Q article above and made sure that all recipient CA's were removed. I've removed all the Directory Replication Connectors (except ADNAutoDRC) When I get to the final Step 11 and 12 I get an error that the "SRS is function9ing as the bridgehead for one or more directory replication connectors and cannot be deleted.&qu...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...