My post not posted!

A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and
later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and
the following in the message body view pane:

Message is no longer available on the server
Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the
server no longer has the message available.
News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space
available for newer articles.
IMAP servers can be accessed by multiple e-mail programs at the same time.
If you are using two programs to access your mail the list of messages maybe
out of date. Use the refresh command to update this list.

Mysterious, or not so?

0
Earthling

I've had that happen - usually the scenario is I've synced and not watched
the notification area to see that it has finished with all of the NGs, and
tried to open the post.  It seems, if the sync is still in progress, and I
try to open, it will corrupt the post.  I thought doing another sync would
re-retrieve it from the server - not thinking my local action would affect
what is on the server - but it doesn't seem to be able to get it again.  I
usually find these posts in my "Sent" storage folder and can copy the text
and repost.

"Earthling" <earthling@planet.earth> wrote in message
> A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day),
> and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through
> it, and the following in the message body view pane:
>
> Message is no longer available on the server
> Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the
> server no longer has the message available.
> News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space
> available for newer articles.
> IMAP servers can be accessed by multiple e-mail programs at the same time.
> If you are using two programs to access your mail the list of messages
> maybe out of date. Use the refresh command to update this list.
>
> Mysterious, or not so?

0
slk759
2/24/2010 5:43:31 PM
And so it was... right there in my Sent folder!  You're a genius, Steve... I
guess your mother already told you that.  :)

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I've had that happen - usually the scenario is I've synced and not watched
> the notification area to see that it has finished with all of the NGs, and
> tried to open the post.  It seems, if the sync is still in progress, and I
> try to open, it will corrupt the post.  I thought doing another sync would
> re-retrieve it from the server - not thinking my local action would affect
> what is on the server - but it doesn't seem to be able to get it again.  I
> usually find these posts in my "Sent" storage folder and can copy the text
> and repost.
>

> "Earthling" <earthling@planet.earth> wrote in message
>> A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day),
>> and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through
>> it, and the following in the message body view pane:
>>
>> Message is no longer available on the server
>> Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the
>> server no longer has the message available.
>> News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space
>> available for newer articles.
>> IMAP servers can be accessed by multiple e-mail programs at the same
>> time. If you are using two programs to access your mail the list of
>> messages maybe out of date. Use the refresh command to update this list.
>>
>> Mysterious, or not so?

0
Earthling
2/24/2010 6:08:02 PM
Good try - not a Steve . . . . . and not a car . . . .

"Earthling" <dwpearce@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And so it was... right there in my Sent folder!  You're a genius, Steve...
> I guess your mother already told you that.  :)
>
> "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I've had that happen - usually the scenario is I've synced and not
>> watched the notification area to see that it has finished with all of the
>> NGs, and tried to open the post.  It seems, if the sync is still in
>> progress, and I try to open, it will corrupt the post.  I thought doing
>> another sync would re-retrieve it from the server - not thinking my local
>> action would affect what is on the server - but it doesn't seem to be
>> able to get it again.  I usually find these posts in my "Sent" storage
>> folder and can copy the text and repost.
>>

>> "Earthling" <earthling@planet.earth> wrote in message
>>> A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day),
>>> and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through
>>> it, and the following in the message body view pane:
>>>
>>> Message is no longer available on the server
>>> Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because
>>> the server no longer has the message available.
>>> News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space
>>> available for newer articles.
>>> IMAP servers can be accessed by multiple e-mail programs at the same
>>> time. If you are using two programs to access your mail the list of
>>> messages maybe out of date. Use the refresh command to update this list.
>>>
>>> Mysterious, or not so?

0
slk759
2/25/2010 1:20:01 AM
Oops.
--
Earthling

"slk759" wrote:

> Good try - not a Steve . . . . . and not a car . . . .
>

> "Earthling" <dwpearce@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > And so it was... right there in my Sent folder!  You're a genius, Steve...
> > I guess your mother already told you that.  :)
> >
> > "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >> I've had that happen - usually the scenario is I've synced and not
> >> watched the notification area to see that it has finished with all of the
> >> NGs, and tried to open the post.  It seems, if the sync is still in
> >> progress, and I try to open, it will corrupt the post.  I thought doing
> >> another sync would re-retrieve it from the server - not thinking my local
> >> action would affect what is on the server - but it doesn't seem to be
> >> able to get it again.  I usually find these posts in my "Sent" storage
> >> folder and can copy the text and repost.
> >>

> >> "Earthling" <earthling@planet.earth> wrote in message

> .

For some reason, I thought you were Dr. Steve, pictured here:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Windows+Live+Mail

Are you telling me that all along I've been taking advice from some
non-Ph.D?  Well, as a lowly undergrad, I'm horrified!  :)

--
Earthling

"slk759" wrote:

> Good try - not a Steve . . . . . and not a car . . . .
>

> "Earthling" <dwpearce@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > And so it was... right there in my Sent folder!  You're a genius, Steve...
> > I guess your mother already told you that.  :)
> >
> > "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >> I've had that happen - usually the scenario is I've synced and not
> >> watched the notification area to see that it has finished with all of the
> >> NGs, and tried to open the post.  It seems, if the sync is still in
> >> progress, and I try to open, it will corrupt the post.  I thought doing
> >> another sync would re-retrieve it from the server - not thinking my local
> >> action would affect what is on the server - but it doesn't seem to be
> >> able to get it again.  I usually find these posts in my "Sent" storage
> >> folder and can copy the text and repost.
> >>

> >> "Earthling" <earthling@planet.earth> wrote in message

> .

LOLOL !!  No, I'm lowly too . . . . he's "C" - not "K" - I believe he is
a/k/a "mac", and owner of http://www.oehelp.com/

"J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, I thought you were Dr. Steve, pictured here:
>
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Windows+Live+Mail
>
> Are you telling me that all along I've been taking advice from some
> non-Ph.D?  Well, as a lowly undergrad, I'm horrified!  :)
>
> --
> Earthling
>

> "slk759" wrote:
>
>> Good try - not a Steve . . . . . and not a car . . . .
>>

>> "Earthling" <dwpearce@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > And so it was... right there in my Sent folder!  You're a genius,
>> > Steve...
>> > I guess your mother already told you that.  :)
>> >
>> > "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>> .

0
slk759
2/28/2010 9:36:16 PM
OE Help is MVP Dr. Steve Cochran's Website. "mac" is MVP Steve Benistion.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

> LOLOL !!  No, I'm lowly too . . . . he's "C" - not "K" - I believe he is
> a/k/a "mac", and owner of http://www.oehelp.com/
>

> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> For some reason, I thought you were Dr. Steve, pictured here:
>>
>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Windows+Live+Mail
>>
>> Are you telling me that all along I've been taking advice from some
>> non-Ph.D?  Well, as a lowly undergrad, I'm horrified!  :)
>>
>> --
>> Earthling
>>

>> "slk759" wrote:
>>
>>> Good try - not a Steve . . . . . and not a car . . . .
>>>

>>> "Earthling" <dwpearce@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> .

0
Bruce
2/28/2010 9:44:42 PM
Thanks for that clarification.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> OE Help is MVP Dr. Steve Cochran's Website. "mac" is MVP Steve Benistion.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> LOLOL !!  No, I'm lowly too . . . . he's "C" - not "K" - I believe he is
>> a/k/a "mac", and owner of http://www.oehelp.com/
>>

>> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> For some reason, I thought you were Dr. Steve, pictured here:
>>>
>>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Windows+Live+Mail
>>>
>>> Are you telling me that all along I've been taking advice from some
>>> non-Ph.D?  Well, as a lowly undergrad, I'm horrified!  :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Earthling

0
slk759
2/28/2010 11:54:24 PM
Well that's just great, now isn't it?  And all along I assumed my stupidity
was the only plausible explanation for my inability to master WLM (although I
still haven't ruled it out!).  Meanwhile, for all I know, you're a Junior
High School drop-out, writing from the patients' lounge of a mental
institution!

You're not, right?

--
Earthling

"slk759" wrote:

> LOLOL !!  No, I'm lowly too . . . . he's "C" - not "K" - I believe he is
> a/k/a "mac", and owner of http://www.oehelp.com/
>

> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For some reason, I thought you were Dr. Steve, pictured here:
> >
> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Windows+Live+Mail
> >
> > Are you telling me that all along I've been taking advice from some
> > non-Ph.D?  Well, as a lowly undergrad, I'm horrified!  :)
> >
> > --
> > Earthling
> >

> > "slk759" wrote:
> >
> >> Good try - not a Steve . . . . . and not a car . . . .
> >>

> >> "Earthling" <dwpearce@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Hey hey now !!  I got you using these NGs !!  I was the one who told you to
"live dangerously" and just subscribe already when you were struggling with
finding your posts in that dang discussion board!  LOL !!  No offense, and I
certainly didn't realize you thought I was someone else or I'd have piped up
sooner.  No, I'm not Steve (either of 'em), but I have 23+ years experience
and have been spending considerable time of late on Win7, WLMail, and
formerly Vista and WM.  So, I know a thing or two . . . . and sometimes I
don't know squat . . . . and sometimes I just do a dandy job of
interpretation - either deciphering an incoherent post, or, an over-the-top
techie response that someone can't quite figure out.

users, like you or I, know and communicate best, either through personal
experience and the school of hard knocks, or research and testing.  Slug on
!!

> Well that's just great, now isn't it?  And all along I assumed my
> stupidity
> was the only plausible explanation for my inability to master WLM
> (although I
> still haven't ruled it out!).  Meanwhile, for all I know, you're a Junior
> High School drop-out, writing from the patients' lounge of a mental
> institution!
>
> You're not, right?
>
> --
> Earthling
>

> "slk759" wrote:
>
>> LOLOL !!  No, I'm lowly too . . . . he's "C" - not "K" - I believe he is
>> a/k/a "mac", and owner of http://www.oehelp.com/
>>

>> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > For some reason, I thought you were Dr. Steve, pictured here:
>> >
>> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Windows+Live+Mail
>> >
>> > Are you telling me that all along I've been taking advice from some
>> > non-Ph.D?  Well, as a lowly undergrad, I'm horrified!  :)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Earthling

>> .

0
slk759
3/1/2010 7:38:18 PM
I never seriously doubted you credentials, slk759.   My post looked a lot
funnier before I hit "send".  You must excuse my "unusual" sense of humor;
wouldn't be the first time it got me into trouble.  :)

I figure I'll need another 23 years at WLM, but slog on I shall!  Cheers,
amigo.

P.S.   Another seven days till Patch Tuesday... woo hoo.  Sounds like a day
of religious observance, doesn't it?  I guess in many ways it is... :)
--
Earthling

"slk759" wrote:

> Hey hey now !!  I got you using these NGs !!  I was the one who told you to
> "live dangerously" and just subscribe already when you were struggling with
> finding your posts in that dang discussion board!  LOL !!  No offense, and I
> certainly didn't realize you thought I was someone else or I'd have piped up
> sooner.  No, I'm not Steve (either of 'em), but I have 23+ years experience
> and have been spending considerable time of late on Win7, WLMail, and
> formerly Vista and WM.  So, I know a thing or two . . . . and sometimes I
> don't know squat . . . . and sometimes I just do a dandy job of
> interpretation - either deciphering an incoherent post, or, an over-the-top
> techie response that someone can't quite figure out.

> users, like you or I, know and communicate best, either through personal
> experience and the school of hard knocks, or research and testing.  Slug on
> !!
>

> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well that's just great, now isn't it?  And all along I assumed my
> > stupidity
> > was the only plausible explanation for my inability to master WLM
> > (although I
> > still haven't ruled it out!).  Meanwhile, for all I know, you're a Junior
> > High School drop-out, writing from the patients' lounge of a mental
> > institution!
> >
> > You're not, right?
> >
> > --
> > Earthling
> >

> > "slk759" wrote:
> >
> >> LOLOL !!  No, I'm lowly too . . . . he's "C" - not "K" - I believe he is
> >> a/k/a "mac", and owner of http://www.oehelp.com/
> >>

> >> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

No...that's Paczki Day..the Tuesday where many consume mass quantities of jelly filled pastries the day before Ash Wednesday.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21164D16-76BB-4C35-B3D3-838E45588A5F@microsoft.com...
> I never seriously doubted you credentials, slk759.   My post looked a lot
> funnier before I hit "send".  You must excuse my "unusual" sense of humor;
> wouldn't be the first time it got me into trouble.  :)
>
> I figure I'll need another 23 years at WLM, but slog on I shall!  Cheers,
> amigo.
>
> P.S.   Another seven days till Patch Tuesday... woo hoo.  Sounds like a day
> of religious observance, doesn't it?  I guess in many ways it is... :)
> --
> Earthling
>

> "slk759" wrote:
>
>> Hey hey now !!  I got you using these NGs !!  I was the one who told you to
>> "live dangerously" and just subscribe already when you were struggling with
>> finding your posts in that dang discussion board!  LOL !!  No offense, and I
>> certainly didn't realize you thought I was someone else or I'd have piped up
>> sooner.  No, I'm not Steve (either of 'em), but I have 23+ years experience
>> and have been spending considerable time of late on Win7, WLMail, and
>> formerly Vista and WM.  So, I know a thing or two . . . . and sometimes I
>> don't know squat . . . . and sometimes I just do a dandy job of
>> interpretation - either deciphering an incoherent post, or, an over-the-top
>> techie response that someone can't quite figure out.

>> users, like you or I, know and communicate best, either through personal
>> experience and the school of hard knocks, or research and testing.  Slug on
>> !!
>>

>> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well that's just great, now isn't it?  And all along I assumed my
>> > stupidity
>> > was the only plausible explanation for my inability to master WLM
>> > (although I
>> > still haven't ruled it out!).  Meanwhile, for all I know, you're a Junior
>> > High School drop-out, writing from the patients' lounge of a mental
>> > institution!
>> >
>> > You're not, right?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Earthling

>> .

0
winston
3/1/2010 10:25:24 PM
That's a big LOL there, ...winston!  :)

I defer to your worldliness, as you have left me in googling desperation and
ignorance once again.  Considering the prodigious knowledge base of this NG's
advisors, I recommend we expand its purview to include not only Polish
cuisine and religiosity, but... well, everything within the known universe!
I wonder if slk759 is up to the task...

Earthling

"...winston" wrote:

> No...that's Paczki Day..the Tuesday where many consume mass quantities of jelly filled pastries the day before Ash Wednesday.
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21164D16-76BB-4C35-B3D3-838E45588A5F@microsoft.com...
> > I never seriously doubted you credentials, slk759.   My post looked a lot
> > funnier before I hit "send".  You must excuse my "unusual" sense of humor;
> > wouldn't be the first time it got me into trouble.  :)
> >
> > I figure I'll need another 23 years at WLM, but slog on I shall!  Cheers,
> > amigo.
> >
> > P.S.   Another seven days till Patch Tuesday... woo hoo.  Sounds like a day
> > of religious observance, doesn't it?  I guess in many ways it is... :)
> > --
> > Earthling
> >

> > "slk759" wrote:
> >
> >> Hey hey now !!  I got you using these NGs !!  I was the one who told you to
> >> "live dangerously" and just subscribe already when you were struggling with
> >> finding your posts in that dang discussion board!  LOL !!  No offense, and I
> >> certainly didn't realize you thought I was someone else or I'd have piped up
> >> sooner.  No, I'm not Steve (either of 'em), but I have 23+ years experience
> >> and have been spending considerable time of late on Win7, WLMail, and
> >> formerly Vista and WM.  So, I know a thing or two . . . . and sometimes I
> >> don't know squat . . . . and sometimes I just do a dandy job of
> >> interpretation - either deciphering an incoherent post, or, an over-the-top
> >> techie response that someone can't quite figure out.

> >> users, like you or I, know and communicate best, either through personal
> >> experience and the school of hard knocks, or research and testing.  Slug on
> >> !!
> >>

> >> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Oh, so we all digress . . . .
I don't fuss with religious diet restrictions.  I figure those are
"forgivable sins".  And if I be condemned to hell for eternity because I
enjoyed a chocolate-covered, lemon-filled éclair (DELICIOUS - try one !)
during Lent or whenever, so be it . . . . . I struggle every day with mortal
judgments and medical advice !!  I say, eat what you want, whenever you want
it, in moderation - so you can have some leftover for tomorrow too !!  (I
was one of those strange kids who ate my M&M's by color, having one of each,
then rolling up the bag to have 5 more later - without "being told".  I
meticulously "de-shelled" each one with my teeth and then let the chocolate
drop melt on my tongue, savoring each one.  But just let my Grandma cook up
collards or spinach, and I'd be found later sitting in front of the
refrigerator, door open, bowl in my lap, eating the leftover greens with my
fingers !!  So, obviously I'm not qualified to take on the universe !!)
LOLOLOL !!!

> That's a big LOL there, ...winston!  :)
>
> I defer to your worldliness, as you have left me in googling desperation
> and
> ignorance once again.  Considering the prodigious knowledge base of this
> NG's
> advisors, I recommend we expand its purview to include not only Polish
> cuisine and religiosity, but... well, everything within the known
> universe!
> I wonder if slk759 is up to the task...
>
> Earthling
>

> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> No...that's Paczki Day..the Tuesday where many consume mass quantities of
>> jelly filled pastries the day before Ash Wednesday.
>>
>> --
>>   ...winston
>>   ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I never seriously doubted you credentials, slk759.   My post looked a
>> > lot
>> > funnier before I hit "send".  You must excuse my "unusual" sense of
>> > humor;
>> > wouldn't be the first time it got me into trouble.  :)
>> >
>> > I figure I'll need another 23 years at WLM, but slog on I shall!
>> > Cheers,
>> > amigo.
>> >
>> > P.S.   Another seven days till Patch Tuesday... woo hoo.  Sounds like a
>> > day
>> > of religious observance, doesn't it?  I guess in many ways it is... :)
>> > --
>> > Earthling

>> .

0
slk759
3/3/2010 5:56:18 PM
I can just taste those grandma-approved greens!  No fancy collards in these
parts - just "turnip greens".  Start by filling a 45 gallon drum (don't
forget to remove turnips first!).  Several hours later it renders down  to a
small bowl, serving 3-4... delish!  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to cook
since I installed WLM.

Those eclairs sound awfully good, too.  Now if I could only figure out how
to create that diacritic over the "e".  :)

--
Earthling

"J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B94760A7-49F6-4600-B491-63EE4B6F9124@microsoft.com...

> Those eclairs sound awfully good, too.  Now if I could only figure out how to create that diacritic over the "e".  :)

Entering 'non-standard' characters is a wonderfully convoluted topic. The easiest way for a one-off instance (ie. you don't regularly write in French, say) is to hold down the Alt key and then type 0233 /on the numeric keypad/ /with numlock on/. If that worked and you're impressed, see for example http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html#accent for the codes to use for other accented letters.

If it didn't work because you use a laptop with no numpad, you probably do have a numpad hidden under the keys 7, 8, 9, u, I, o, j, k, l and m or close by. You have to use the keyboard's function key (mine's called Fn and lives next to the left-hand Ctrl key) and press the NumLk key to activate it. Don't forget to deactivate it again when you're done, because otherwise y64'33 f5nd y64rse3f ty-5ng st4ff 352e th5s (that was 'you'll find yourself typing stuff like this' with NumLk on).

Otherwise, Start > Run and type charmap into the box. There you can Select from up to 65,000 characters in any font installed on your machine, Copy it (or a string of them) to the clipboard and then paste in.

Another possibility is to install another keyboard layout. There is one called Canadian Multilingual Standard, but it looks fairly limited. The most useful one would be US International, which gives you a wealth of possibilities. If you (or anyone else reading this) are interested in exploring this feature, I'd be happy to expound.

I can't remember the layouts of all the keyboards I have installed, so I use the MS Visual Keyboard to remind me. This little program is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=86a21cba-e9f6-41db-86eb-2adfe407e620
and shows you on-screen what you get if you press, say, AltGr+1 (that's a ¡ on US-Int but nothing at all on Can-Multi). You can see what other people's keyboards look like at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_input

And next time you post, please consider what floodgates a casual closing remark might open ;)
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
3/8/2010 11:15:40 AM
Holy feces, Noel... a floodgate indeed!  Where, in the name of God, do you
guys store all this information?  I'm a slide rule trying to communicate with
a room-full of mainframes.

P.S.  None.  I can't risk being served another slice of humble pie.  :)

--
Earthling

"Ildhund" wrote:

> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B94760A7-49F6-4600-B491-63EE4B6F9124@microsoft.com...
>
> > Those eclairs sound awfully good, too.  Now if I could only figure out how to create that diacritic over the "e".  :)
>
> Entering 'non-standard' characters is a wonderfully convoluted topic. The easiest way for a one-off instance (ie. you don't regularly write in French, say) is to hold down the Alt key and then type 0233 /on the numeric keypad/ /with numlock on/. If that worked and you're impressed, see for example http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html#accent for the codes to use for other accented letters.
>
> If it didn't work because you use a laptop with no numpad, you probably do have a numpad hidden under the keys 7, 8, 9, u, I, o, j, k, l and m or close by. You have to use the keyboard's function key (mine's called Fn and lives next to the left-hand Ctrl key) and press the NumLk key to activate it. Don't forget to deactivate it again when you're done, because otherwise y64'33 f5nd y64rse3f ty-5ng st4ff 352e th5s (that was 'you'll find yourself typing stuff like this' with NumLk on).
>
> Otherwise, Start > Run and type charmap into the box. There you can Select from up to 65,000 characters in any font installed on your machine, Copy it (or a string of them) to the clipboard and then paste in.
>
> Another possibility is to install another keyboard layout. There is one called Canadian Multilingual Standard, but it looks fairly limited. The most useful one would be US International, which gives you a wealth of possibilities. If you (or anyone else reading this) are interested in exploring this feature, I'd be happy to expound.
>
> I can't remember the layouts of all the keyboards I have installed, so I use the MS Visual Keyboard to remind me. This little program is available at
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=86a21cba-e9f6-41db-86eb-2adfe407e620
> and shows you on-screen what you get if you press, say, AltGr+1 (that's a ¡ on US-Int but nothing at all on Can-Multi). You can see what other people's keyboards look like at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_input
>
> And next time you post, please consider what floodgates a casual closing remark might open ;)
> --
> Noel
>
> .

What Noel said seems like a lot of trouble . . . . . I didn't do anything
special, I just typed the word and it did it - automatically.  I've not ever
setup any special language or keyboard considerations or used any keystroke
combos.  But, if you misspell it, i.e. eclaire, it gets underlined red and
you can right click it and select the accentuated correction.  But my setup
just does it.  Éclair . . . .

"J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can just taste those grandma-approved greens!  No fancy collards in
> these
> parts - just "turnip greens".  Start by filling a 45 gallon drum (don't
> forget to remove turnips first!).  Several hours later it renders down  to
> small bowl, serving 3-4... delish!  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to
> cook
> since I installed WLM.
>
> Those eclairs sound awfully good, too.  Now if I could only figure out how
> to create that diacritic over the "e".  :)
>
> --
> Earthling
>

> "slk759" wrote:
>
>> Oh, so we all digress . . . .
>> I don't fuss with religious diet restrictions.  I figure those are
>> "forgivable sins".  And if I be condemned to hell for eternity because I
>> enjoyed a chocolate-covered, lemon-filled éclair (DELICIOUS - try one !)
>> during Lent or whenever, so be it . . . . . I struggle every day with
>> mortal
>> judgments and medical advice !!  I say, eat what you want, whenever you
>> want
>> it, in moderation - so you can have some leftover for tomorrow too !!  (I
>> was one of those strange kids who ate my M&M's by color, having one of
>> each,
>> then rolling up the bag to have 5 more later - without "being told".  I
>> meticulously "de-shelled" each one with my teeth and then let the
>> chocolate
>> drop melt on my tongue, savoring each one.  But just let my Grandma cook
>> up
>> collards or spinach, and I'd be found later sitting in front of the
>> refrigerator, door open, bowl in my lap, eating the leftover greens with
>> my
>> fingers !!  So, obviously I'm not qualified to take on the universe !!)
>> LOLOLOL !!!
>>

>> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > That's a big LOL there, ...winston!  :)
>> >
>> > I defer to your worldliness, as you have left me in googling
>> > desperation
>> > and
>> > ignorance once again.  Considering the prodigious knowledge base of
>> > this
>> > NG's
>> > advisors, I recommend we expand its purview to include not only Polish
>> > cuisine and religiosity, but... well, everything within the known
>> > universe!
>> > I wonder if slk759 is up to the task...
>> >
>> > Earthling

>> .

0
slk759
3/11/2010 12:39:31 AM
Yes, I believe my setup used to do it as well, but now it indicates it's a
mis-spelling.  So, I just ignore that, rather than add it to the dictionary,
since I'm pretty sure adding it wouldn't create that diacritic... it would
just recognize it as as correctly spelled.  I guess my language settings (or
some such thing) got changed over time.  I don't think it's worth the time to
investigate it, nor is it worth the effort to create the diacritic.  I'll
just stick to English, amigo.  :)
--
Earthling

"slk759" wrote:

> What Noel said seems like a lot of trouble . . . . . I didn't do anything
> special, I just typed the word and it did it - automatically.  I've not ever
> setup any special language or keyboard considerations or used any keystroke
> combos.  But, if you misspell it, i.e. eclaire, it gets underlined red and
> you can right click it and select the accentuated correction.  But my setup
> just does it.  Éclair . . . .
>

> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can just taste those grandma-approved greens!  No fancy collards in
> > these
> > parts - just "turnip greens".  Start by filling a 45 gallon drum (don't
> > forget to remove turnips first!).  Several hours later it renders down  to
> > small bowl, serving 3-4... delish!  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to
> > cook
> > since I installed WLM.
> >
> > Those eclairs sound awfully good, too.  Now if I could only figure out how
> > to create that diacritic over the "e".  :)
> >
> > --
> > Earthling
> >

> > "slk759" wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, so we all digress . . . .
> >> I don't fuss with religious diet restrictions.  I figure those are
> >> "forgivable sins".  And if I be condemned to hell for eternity because I
> >> enjoyed a chocolate-covered, lemon-filled éclair (DELICIOUS - try one !)
> >> during Lent or whenever, so be it . . . . . I struggle every day with
> >> mortal
> >> judgments and medical advice !!  I say, eat what you want, whenever you
> >> want
> >> it, in moderation - so you can have some leftover for tomorrow too !!  (I
> >> was one of those strange kids who ate my M&M's by color, having one of
> >> each,
> >> then rolling up the bag to have 5 more later - without "being told".  I
> >> meticulously "de-shelled" each one with my teeth and then let the
> >> chocolate
> >> drop melt on my tongue, savoring each one.  But just let my Grandma cook
> >> up
> >> collards or spinach, and I'd be found later sitting in front of the
> >> refrigerator, door open, bowl in my lap, eating the leftover greens with
> >> my
> >> fingers !!  So, obviously I'm not qualified to take on the universe !!)
> >> LOLOLOL !!!
> >>

> >> "J. Earthling" <JEarthling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Posting negative 401k transactions
I have a typical 401k account setup with a corresponding cash account. I am manually balancing my account at the end of the quarter. In other words, I'm not using the 401k manager or "balance an account" wizard. In my investment account, I want to buy x shares of a stock for the quarter, however the final market value decreased for the account. Normally, a stock that increased for the quarter would show as a payment in the cash account. I want to show this as a deposit. If you use the balance an account wizard, it will somehow place a negative price so that it shows up as ...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

How do I post a message to CDocument?
At the moment all ON_MESSAGE are handled in CMainFrame. I want to handle a message in CDocument but I can't get it to work. How is it done? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks. http://www.easynn.com Steve, > At the moment all ON_MESSAGE are handled in CMainFrame. > I want to handle a message in CDocument but I can't get it to work. > > How is it done? I don't know if this will help you, but you can recieve the message in CMainFrame then call a CDocument function to do whatever you want to do. You can access a CDocument object from wi...

Not posting
On my 2nd Station When I precess the debit card transaction I having trouble to post the transaction. Some Time I have to kill the POS using control,alt,delet. and If I go back to look for same transation and I am not able to find the same transaction under Journal view But I can see the same on edc under debit card. Any idea ? -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1403 vendaliajat@yahoo.com ...

Second post - Outlook won't open
This is my second post - could really use help with this! Everytime I open Outlook, I get the following message OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. I have tried everything, including rebooting my computer, using the repair function for Add Programs and reinstalling all of Office. Nothing is fixing it. Is it a virus, and if so, how can I fix it? I have Outlook 2000 on my PC, although all files reside on our server and we use MS SBS 2000. Everything else (Word, Excel) is working fine. Any s...

ann: my imposter is now posting in alt.windows7.general!
Help me do some thing about my imposter! Running of the sentences together. That is what the mentally ill like to do. Just FYI. Just FYI. "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c2e4959a-cdc2-434c-9b1f-43e5df07083d@h13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Bill Yanaire, ESQ wrote: > You fuckwit. You can't close a thread. > Oops. By the way you moron, my > vagina is still at work and she won't > get home until 6 PM. When she gets > home we will have dinner. Just > FYI. > > Thanks for asking. Just FYI. > >...

Sorry for all the posts
Each time I pressed POST, it told me there was an error and it didn't go through and that technical would be advised So I reposted again. But it looks like they all went through. Sorry. Pam ...

Posting Status
The posting status for the document is 508 in sop30200.what does it mean?why the status is 508. still what are the posting status avaliable for the document... Pls help me out.... Raghu I never came across this status before. It is strange. To research more on this, Can You tell the flow of this particular document in GP and currently what it is showing in GP? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 11, 4:05=A0pm, Raghu <bhuvana.anipe...@gmail.com> wrote: > The posting status for the document =A0is 508 in sop30200.what does it > mean?why the status is 508. > still what are the ...

First post, probably something easy to solve.. i hope :)
Would really appreciate any help anyone can offer on this one: [image: http://www.gnorwood.fsnet.co.uk/help.jpg] Basically I have 3 problems 1) How can I shade the area between these 2 without using an externa image editing program, is there a way? 2)Again I'd like to shade this area 3)I've drawn a line using an imaging editor from 2500 on the x axis u to 12500 on the y and then across as I need to show this particula point. I could not find a way to do this IN excel, is there a way? Thanks in advance for any help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

post

Where is my post?
Hours ago, I submitted a question but don't see it? -- Barbara I am guessing it is lost. I don't see it either, only the one below. Earle "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A1511B-608B-49E5-84FB-9EB9D778DDB6@microsoft.com... > Hours ago, I submitted a question but don't see it? > -- > Barbara "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A1511B-608B-49E5-84FB-9EB9D778DDB6@microsoft.com... > Hours ago, I submitted a question but don't see it? >...