My linked email id pages each looks different.

I have three linked email ids - xxx1@msn.com, xxx2@msn.com and xxx3@msn.com.
xxx1 is the primary email I use.

On the Windows Live page for this account (and for xxx3), the functions
right above the email list says:  New | Delete  Junk  |  Mark as   Move to  |
 Print Icon

On the xxx2 account, the functions right aboe the email list says:
[Check box]  View: All | Unread | From contacts | Social updates | From
groups | Everything else  <<                                    [Arrange by
drop down]

I can't figure out how to get my primary (and tertiary) email address page
to look and act like the others.   It's like their pages haven't been
updated.  Any suggestions?
--
Thanks,
NimbleBean

Microsoft is slowing upgrading the Hotmail servers cluster by cluster to
support the new Wave 4 functionality. You have no control over the
upgrade schedule, nor can you opt out (as far as I know).
You are more likely to find Hotmail advice and help here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1
If no help there, post your issue in the Hotmail forum:
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"NimbleBean"  wrote in message news:BDE0F8DC-9968-474D-9D86-648DE521BFC0@microsoft.com...

I have three linked email ids - xxx1@msn.com, xxx2@msn.com and xxx3@msn.com.
xxx1 is the primary email I use.

On the Windows Live page for this account (and for xxx3), the functions
right above the email list says:  New | Delete  Junk  |  Mark as   Move to  |
Print Icon

On the xxx2 account, the functions right aboe the email list says:
[Check box]  View: All | Unread | From contacts | Social updates | From
groups | Everything else  <<                                    [Arrange by
drop down]

I can't figure out how to get my primary (and tertiary) email address page
to look and act like the others.   It's like their pages haven't been
updated.  Any suggestions?
--
Thanks,
NimbleBean

0
Gary
7/27/2010 5:46:53 AM
Basically, stop trying to get the accounts to look the same.

Windows Live is in the process of rolling out all new Wave 4 features to =
all Hotmail type accounts(hotmail, msn, and live.com).
Some acccounts have the new features(what you see in your xxx2 account), =
other accounts do not.

There are about one billion Hotmail type accounts...ie. a lot to update. =
 As each cluster(a mix of accounts all over the=20
world...ie. not country or language specific) of email accounts are =
updated, some backend testing is being done to look for=20
problems, once everything is in order and with storage indexes =
built/completed for a give cluster the next cluster of accounts is=20
upgraded, the process repeated until all accounts are complete.

Initially, the Windows Live Team posted in June that it 'will take a few =
weeks to finish' (whether or not that time table is met or=20
the window that 'a few weeks' means was not quantitatively defined)..you =
can read more about the update process here..

Status Updates
June 15
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/15/=
the-new-hotmail-is-rolling-out-now.aspx
June 29
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/29/=
update-to-the-hotmail-rollout.aspx
July 14
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/07/14/=
update-on-the-rollout-of-the-new-hotmail.aspx

Of note from the above..there are multiple phases of the upgrade =
regarding all features and availability
<qp>
Additionally, while most people will see all the new features at once, =
as soon as their cluster is upgraded, some features, like=20
the integrated Office Web Apps and the ability to send files via =
SkyDrive, will initially be available only in certain countries.=20
For example, Office integration will first roll out to Hotmail customers =
in the US, Canada, UK, and Ireland first, and then to=20
customers in other countries later this year.
</qp>

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

[...]

--=20
Thanks,
NimbleBean=20

0
winston

Bulk contact email changes
Say I have 100 contacts from the same company. The company changes names and their email address changes too. Is there a way to do a find/replace in contacts or similar so that I can change the @companyname.com in all the contacts automatically? Thanks in advance, Dean Dean Dummitt wrote: > Say I have 100 contacts from the same company. The company changes > names and their email address changes too. Is there a way to do a > find/replace in contacts or similar so that I can change the > @companyname.com in all the contacts automatically? > > Thanks in advance, >...

Change link between form and subform

email text missing when sent
I compose an email within Outlook and send it. The sent email only contains the first character of the text. The recipient of the email does receive it, but with only the one character in the text. When I look at the copy of the email in my Sent folder, the text only has one character. I repeated the process several times with the same result. The above was done with my Options set to Rich Text. When I change my Options to use HTML, everything is sent fine. This problem just occurred yesterday. I've been sending emails without problem for months. I didn't change any set...

linking #4

Add "Send Email" to Marketing List member views
This feature not being there is a fairly significant missing feature in the system. -- Nick ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cc08d83f-e13c-4bd7-9e05-ddcf4a...

Allowing one email
I have setup a PC to do a certain job in my company. I am using Outlook Express 6 and would only like one particular email address to be received. I have the same account setup on another PC but for this one, I only want my coworkers to see an email from particular email address. Is there anyway that this can be done? ...

Linked Forms

Email forwarding #2
Is there anyway to get your outlook emails forwarded automatically???? Hi! Microsoft Outlook, not Express? 1). Tools\Rules and Alerts... 2). Our Redirect add-in (www.mapilab.com), it redirect email and new recipient will receive the full copy of message, including internet headers and the same sender as in original email. > -----Original Message----- > From: Jason [mailto:Jason@nts.uk.net] > Posted At: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:46 PM > Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook > Conversation: Email forwarding > Subject: Email forwarding > > Is there anyway to get your ...

Links not linking

Copies of all Emails
Hi All: The Management (law firm) would like to have copies of all e-mails send and received from all users in the company to be send to a specific email box, Is it possible and how do we do it. Users can be aware of it. Thanks JBM In news:12fbodoli7h8ub6@corp.supernews.com, JBM <JBM@nowhere.com> typed: > Hi All: > > The Management (law firm) would like to have copies of all e-mails > send and received from all users in the company to be send to a > specific email box, Is it possible and how do we do it. Users can be > aware of it. > Thanks > > JBM Hi...

Parse Email to the CRM system
Hi, I've just setted-up our CRM system and in order to automate the orders I was wondering how to parse the information comming into an email to an new order? I was thinking about two possible strategies; * Parse email (comming from online shop in every desired format!) and automaticly fill out a new order. * Addapt our online order form on the website (have to be php, html or something, NO ASP) so the order can be created directly . In don't know if there's a sollution in the two above strategies... Hope someone can help me in finding a solution! The second option seems my...

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Why Won't this code work with different Bitmap Sizes?
http://codeproject.com/printing/general.asp Whenever I try to change the bmpWidth, and bmpHeight very much, it only prints a blank page. For example bmpWidth = 640, and bmpHeight = 480, only prints a blank page. Why would this be? Thanks you should contact the author regarding this. -- With Regard's Alok Gupta visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "i think this will work" "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:FGLRd.8200$yr.3617@okepread05... > http://codeproject.com/printing/general.asp > > Whenever I try to change...

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

cannot send email
can recieve but not send. tried setting my default as noted in another item but still cannot send. recieve this message. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'lyndact1@verizon.net'. Subject ...

links

Creating Email Address Book/contacts under public folder
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address Book/contacts that would show up under the public folders in outlook. Is that done from the server or from Outlook and how would it be done? Thanks. Mitch It is done using Outlook client. When you create a public folder you can choose the items that folder will contain. Contacts is one choice. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "mitch" wrote: > Hi, > We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address > ...

Links

Virtual Memory and Page File Usage Spike
Outlook has been working fine for months--until now. When I launch, I get a message that it needs more Virtual Memory. When I open Task Manager, the PF Usage spikes to about 1.3GB. Takes forever to open. Slow to use. Outlook 2000 on XP. I've archived most of my email and even restored to a date previous to the problem appearing -- no joy. Help? --dawg ...

email from outlook
bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" how can i get the email.. thanks Have you added any mail accounts to your profile? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:009f01c3b134$10820cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl, capemey wrote: > bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email > from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" > ho...

copy email to bosses inbox automaticly
We have a small office and the boss wants a copy of all emails coming in through MS exchange to be sent to his email inbox. He wants to make sure nothing is being missed by his engineers. I know this can be done but I don't know where on our windows 2000 small business server to make this happen. Please help. thanks What you will need to do is open up the Exchange system manager program. Select properties of the information store and select "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store." Then select the mailbox you would like to receive the monitored mes...

Linked Tables Over A LAN