Missing Message Text

Yesterday, Windows Live Mail started doing something strange. I type the
message, then press "send." The first lines of the message somehow are
removed. The recipient sees only part of the message and only part of the
message shows up in my sent messages folder. The first part is just gone.

Seems to be only on messages that are replies. Any ideas on what the problem
is, or how to correct it, would be appreciated.

Never heard of this . . . . . are you on version 14.0.8089.0726?
Regardless, try a reinstallation.

"DeVere" <DeVere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday, Windows Live Mail started doing something strange. I type the
> message, then press "send." The first lines of the message somehow are
> removed. The recipient sees only part of the message and only part of the
> message shows up in my sent messages folder. The first part is just gone.
>
> Seems to be only on messages that are replies. Any ideas on what the
> problem
> is, or how to correct it, would be appreciated.

0
slk759

Missing files

remove attachements from received messages
Is there an easy way to have attachments removed from received messages? I would like to be able to remove some attachments but save the messages. -- Thanks, Bob As a follow-up, is there any way to delete attachments from a whole list of messages at the same time (i.e. in one stroke)? "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ObMICM0xHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to have attachments removed from received messages? > I would like to be able to remove some attachments but save the messages. > -- > Thanks, > Bob > ...

Message stuck at outbox when u reply
message doesn't go out when u reply to any message on all XP computers. It works ok in win2000 pc and win98. Normally sent message goes without any problem. This problem started few days back. ...

glad to see a real message...
All that scrambled egg below had me going for a bit. Was the group attacked or what? S What scrambled egg stuff? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:hutuum$sfc$1@news.eternal-september.org... > All that scrambled egg below had me going for a bit. > Was the group attacked or what? > > S > There are only 6 people left using the MS NNTP servers. "Spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:hut...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

how to send data/message from win32 dll to mfc application?
Hi All , I have to send data from a Win32 DLL to mfc application. What are the possible ways to achieve this? In mfc application I have a document which should recieve this data . is it possible ? I read somewhere about PostMessage() method . it sends the message to applcations main window (CmainFrm ???) .Should I handle the messages sent by the dll and update my document from here ? Thanks in advance JustLikeDat ggurubasavaraja@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All , > > I have to send data from a Win32 DLL to mfc application. What are the > possible ways to achieve this? > In mfc a...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

Missing Folders after Sync

How can I highlight a part of the text?
How do you highlight a portion of the text? Place your cursor where you want the highlight to start, click, press shift, place the cursor where you want the highlight to end, click again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DBBurt" <DBBurt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC3A73C-03B3-462B-BD1C-DD46F4892191@microsoft.com... > How do you highlight a portion of the text? ...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Fonts in Word Art

TEXT(F2 "0,0") displays 1 as 01, & how to bold and underline in TE
I understand the TEXT function, however when I format it as TEXT(F19,"0,0"), I get 1,000, displayed correctly. Also 10 thru 999 displays correctly, but 1 displays as 01, 2 as 02. Can I suppress the zero in single digit numbers? Also, is it possible to bold and underline within a TEXT function? =TEXT(F19,"#,0") and, no, you can't format within the TEXT function. -- David Biddulph "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1D43CA-59AD-4200-A7BD-9282D6B5DA32@microsoft.com... >I understand the TEXT function, however w...

No message in preview pane
For whatever reason my preview pane no longer shows my email message. The top pane shows who it is from but when it is clicked on nothing is in the preview pane. I try double-clicking the message and it opens but with no message. What do I need to do. Outlook Express WinXP Prof Go to Start -> Run and type in "Regsvr32 inetcomm.dll" It should work fine! Enjoy! >-----Original Message----- >For whatever reason my preview pane no longer shows my >email message. The top pane shows who it is from but when >it is clicked on nothing is in the preview pane. I try >do...

Missing Message Text

Converting month number to text equivalent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In cell A1 I have the date 01/06/2004 (Jan 6th, 2004) displayed. I want = to list the Month and Year of the previous month in cell B1. In this = example I need "DEC-2003" to display. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Excel 2000 SP3 printing issue: text is either rotated (each individual letter) or small or not even there
This is regarding Excel 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Professional system. One of my users is having an issue printing from Excel. The document appears to be quite basic, but when she prints it to a color printer (HP CLJ 5500 PS) the letters in the black text are individually rotated 90 degrees, although the string of characters remains horizontal. This does not affect the text that is colored red, only the black text, strangely not all of it, like there is a heading on the chart, and that is fine, but doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the text. When she prints to a B...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Error Message #29
I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I cannot send or receive email. The error message is: Task "Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x800CCCF4): "An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program." ...

Sorting messages by sender
I've recently changed from using Outlook 2003 on an old Celeron PC running Win 2k, to a new P4 machine with XP. On the old set-up, I could click on the 'From' column header to sort messages in a mail folder by sender, then start typing the name of the sender to quickly take me to the messages from that person. This was very useful and I used this feature regularly, although it only seemed to work for the first three characters of the name, the fourth character entered would then take the cursor to the first instance of a name beginning with this letter. This was fine as the firs...

Cannot open Excel, message given is about VBA libraries?
A worksheet was created in Excel to keep track of the lunch count for a public school. The program is opened twice daily, however, today a message displayed and the words VBA libraries was mentioned. I was not the one that opened the file, so I am not sure what the message said exactly. Without knowing the exact error message, it is difficult to suggest a remedy. However, one technique for clearing up a number of problems is to re-register Excel in Windows. Close Excel, then go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver and press Enter. This will cause Exc...

opening messages in outlook 2002 that are created in 2003 version
I synch my pst files between two computers; one at home (Outlook 2003) and one at work (version 2002 XP). When at work, if I try to open a message that was created at home on the newer version of outlook I keep getting the message: "Outlook cannot open this message. A newer version, such as Outlook 2003 or later is required." Is there any way to solve this compatibility problem? Peter Are you using a UniCode PST on the OL2003 machine? If so, try switching to using an Outlook 97-2002 version PST file. You'll have file size limits but it may solve the compatibility i...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Where do the messages go?
I am going to do a offline defrag of our Exchange 5.5 (SP4 on W2k server)database and I had the question of where do the messages go when the services have stopped? I have done a couple of offline defrags and I have never had the question and I don't think we have lost any messages. Where are the messages held? Does the email bounce back to the sender? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John "JohnH" <houserj2000@hotmail.com> wrote... > I am going to do a offline defrag of our Exchange 5.5 > (SP4 on W2k server)database and I had the question of &...