Missing Maximise/minimise/close buttons

I have been using Windows Live Mail for over a year and am very happy
with it.  However, I have suddenly lost the Maximise/Minimise/Close
buttons when I open an email or when I write an email!

The buttons are visible when I open Windows Live Mail, but when I write
a "New" email or I open a received email, they are not in their normal
location of top right.

I have repaired my Live Mail installation but this has not fixed the
problem.

Would be grateful for any help in this matter.

--
dgo47
0

Left click on the title bar and drag to the left.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"dgo47" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have been using Windows Live Mail for over a year and am very happy
> with it.  However, I have suddenly lost the Maximise/Minimise/Close
> buttons when I open an email or when I write an email!
>
> The buttons are visible when I open Windows Live Mail, but when I write
> a "New" email or I open a received email, they are not in their normal
> location of top right.
>
> I have repaired my Live Mail installation but this has not fixed the
> problem.
>
> Would be grateful for any help in this matter.
>

> --
> dgo47

0
Ron
1/10/2010 11:15:39 PM
Have tried to do as you suggest but with no effect.  Have done it on the
opened message page as well as the Windows Live page but nothing
happens.

--
dgo47
0

> Have tried to do as you suggest but with no effect.  Have done it on the
> opened message page as well as the Windows Live page but nothing
> happens.

Which OS are you using? Are you using any sort of skinning app (like
WindowBlinds)? What do you see if you press Alt-Enter? Do you get the
normal window tools? Do they work?
--
Noel
[Please don't delete all the previous posts from your reply - if you do,

0
Ildhund
1/11/2010 9:02:53 AM

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message news:uWIsdzpkKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "dgo47" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Have tried to do as you suggest but with no effect.  Have done it on the
>> opened message page as well as the Windows Live page but nothing
>> happens.
>
> Which OS are you using? Are you using any sort of skinning app (like
> WindowBlinds)?

> What do you see if you press Alt-Enter?

Alt-Space you mean?   ; )

(Alt-Enter  would give the Properties of the Message.)

> Do you get the
> normal window tools? Do they work?
> --
> Noel
> [Please don't delete all the previous posts from your reply - if you do,
> people using a newsreader have difficulty following the thread.]

0
Robert
> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
>> "dgo47" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Have tried to do as you suggest but with no effect.  Have done it on
>>> the opened message page as well as the Windows Live page but nothing
>>> happens.
>>
>> Which OS are you using? Are you using any sort of skinning app (like
>> WindowBlinds)?
>
>> What do you see if you press Alt-Enter?

> Alt-Space you mean?   ; )
>
> (Alt-Enter  would give the Properties of the Message.)

<Big red-faced smiley> I watched myself doing it just to be sure and still
managed to get it wrong. I should get out more.
--
Noel

>> Do you get the normal window tools? Do they work?

0
Ildhund
1/11/2010 9:01:00 PM
I am using Windows Vista.  I do not have any skining tools installed

When I press Alt-Space I get a drop down menu allowing to minimise,
maximise, move, close, etc.

--
dgo47
0

> I am using Windows Vista.  I do not have any skining tools installed
>
> When I press Alt-Space I get a drop down menu allowing to minimise,
> maximise, move, close, etc.
>

> --
> dgo47

0
utf
1/12/2010 5:47:06 AM
That resolved the problem!  Many thanks

--
dgo47
0

Missing files

Close various modules/codes windows
Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally opening a single module on which I seek to work upon. Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall highly be obliged. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz --How many open VBA projects do you see in Project Explorer? --Check out whether you have any projects getting opened during startup. If so remove them from your Book.xlt in XLSTART XLSTART folder usually located at C:\Documents and Setti...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Closing Forms.
Help please! How do I get a form to close on exit. I have used a switchbord form where I navigate to other forms in the data base, what is the best way to close a form automatically I have finished reviewing it and I return back to the switchboard again? I have read some of the threads but still unsure where the code is written to. Cel504, many thanks> One option is to open your forms in modal modal so user have to close the form themselves before being able to go elsewhere. Another option would be to use the form's got focus event to close all open forms. Someth...

Change Status of Closed Batches
After several years of using RMS without QuickBooks Integration we have now got it working. However, all of the previous batches are still showing. Is there a SQL Statement that will change the Status of these batches to Posted, so they will no longer appear and clutter up the "Post Closed Batches" window? We have 4 lanes, using Version 1.2. Thank You David, What I did when I got integrated was to use Quickbooks file for accounting type and posted all the old batches that way. After your done posting you can change the accounting type back to Quickbooks 2003 and your good to...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Submit button to email
Hello everyone, I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. Create a report based on the current record and then use SendObject to send the e-mail. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "shwinn" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data > entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. ...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Where can I find the "tools" button in Word 2007?
I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used to the usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools" button and the other options that are in Word 2000? I really need to get this figured out because I have to transfer my MT auto-correct files from my backup. Thank you for any help! Click on the Office (Pizza) button and then on Word Options in the bottom of the dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

How di I close the "Preview Pane"?
Evidently going to the folders/general and selecting "View classic view" didn't work........... In WinMail: View | Layout. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Steve Maudsley" <smaudsley@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OfFrSY9iKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Evidently going to the folders/general and selecting "View classic view" > didn't work........... ? There is no "view classic view" setting in Windows Mail. In Windows Mail: View, Layout, uncheck "Show pr...

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Reset button to clear cells
I have a worksheet that have only certain fields the user can enter data into. It would be nice to have a button at the top of the sheet that would clear all the user fields. I can't find anything in Excel to do this so I'm assuming that it's a VBA thing. I'm not so go at Excel VBA so I don't know how to do this. Also, the fields are single cells, ranges and all over the sheet. If you can do it manually - ie paint all the cells then remove contents AND you always do it this way you could record a macro which would convert it to VBA. Cheers John "M.Siler" <...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

Windows XP Home Edition Config\System Missing
Hi: My 15 year-old daughter has a Gateway system that is 4 years old, running XP Home. Today she encountered a black screen on start-up that essentially states Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG. We can't find the Operating System CD for Windows XP Home, and my XP Professional OS disc I read cannot be used instead. I have a read a resolution that requires ijnsertion of the OS XP Home disc; boot from CD; Windows set-up initializes and press "R" to repair recovery console; hard drive is examined; pe...

IMF Console missing??
Hello i just have one question , simple i hope! I use my pc (windows xp pro SP2) with a custom console to administer my domain , exchange , dns , etc... Everything is working fine. Last month i installed on my exchange , the IMF from microsoft. When i am logging on to my exchange machine localy or through RDC i can see in exchange system manager below SMTP ,the IMF icon and i am able to change setting install filters and so on... When i open my console from my pc and use exchange system manager console (i have installed exchange management tools and sp1) i cannot see IMF icon below SMTP Vitu...

Font missing
I created a document in Publisher and printed it. Opened document a week later and received 'font missing' error message. In the Format...Font dialong box the font's name is there with the word (missing) next to it. Where did it go? Are you using a font manager? Maybe the link was broken. Do you have the font somewhere else on your computer? If so install/re-install it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9390E623-E0FE-498A-AA6...

Scanpst missing
Outlook says there is problem with c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the file. Is there a way to download this file? My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations It's there. Are you using 64bit vista? if so, office is in the 32 bit programs file. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

outlook mailbox password will not permanently store after closing Outlook
I have Outlook 2002 SP2 and I have only 1 email profile. When ever I start the outlook program I have to enter in my password in the "Enter Network Password" box when it comes up for the first time to download my mail. I check the "Save this password in your password list" and it looks like it stores it until I shut down the Outlook program. (I assume that it does because my mail will automatically download on its own) I have to repeat the above steps when ever I shut down and open Outlook....anybody know what the heck is going on? I'm also having problems wit...

Missing Email #4
I am running a 2003 exchange server and one of my users sayes he isn't getting some mail that people say they are sending him. There is a mailbox listed in mailboxes called "Systemmailbox - {GIUD}" there are items listed in there. Could this be the missing mail? And is there anyway to see what these items are. Thanks for any help Damian It won't be in the System Mailbox. The System Mailbox contains schema information. There's generally no reason to ever need to access it unless PSS is instructing you to. As far as your user, make sure that you have message t...