Messages Summary Report

Hi All,
I have three thousand mails in my inbox & same in sent folder
Now I need to summarize them in excel sheet in tabular form
from / to,  subject,  date,  time
Is there is any way or tool to do it
Please help

-- Prasad Auti
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Not using Windows Live Mail.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Prasad" <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38DF756A-AFEA-4BBD-BF4C-962D9FD02D71@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I have three thousand mails in my inbox & same in sent folder
> Now I need to summarize them in excel sheet in tabular form
> from / to,  subject,  date,  time
> Is there is any way or tool to do it
> Please help
>
> -- Prasad Auti
0
winston
1/7/2010 5:22:55 PM
Try this program

SysExporter - Export data from Windows controls
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html

It will let you save the WLM message list to a tab delimited text file
which Excel can read.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Prasad" <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I have three thousand mails in my inbox & same in sent folder
> Now I need to summarize them in excel sheet in tabular form
> from / to,  subject,  date,  time
> Is there is any way or tool to do it
> Please help
>
> -- Prasad Auti

0
Michael
1/7/2010 7:53:12 PM
Thanks Michael...could come in handy!

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:eoV#NM9jKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Try this program
>
> SysExporter - Export data from Windows controls
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html
>
> It will let you save the WLM message list to a tab delimited text file
> which Excel can read.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Prasad" <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> I have three thousand mails in my inbox & same in sent folder
>> Now I need to summarize them in excel sheet in tabular form
>> from / to,  subject,  date,  time
>> Is there is any way or tool to do it
>> Please help
>>
>> -- Prasad Auti

0
winston
1/8/2010 12:56:58 AM
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your reply. Now I can use MS Excel to summarize all
mails. Once again thanks.
--
Prasad Auti

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> Try this program
>
> SysExporter - Export data from Windows controls
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html
>
> It will let you save the WLM message list to a tab delimited text file
> which Excel can read.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Prasad" <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > I have three thousand mails in my inbox & same in sent folder
> > Now I need to summarize them in excel sheet in tabular form
> > from / to,  subject,  date,  time
> > Is there is any way or tool to do it
> > Please help
> >
> > -- Prasad Auti
>

> .

You are welcome and thanks for posting back.

It's a handy little program that I heard about some years ago.

--

> Dear Sir,
> Thank you very much for your reply. Now I can use MS Excel to
> summarize all
> mails. Once again thanks.
> --
> Prasad Auti
>

> "Michael Santovec" wrote:
>
>> Try this program
>>
>> SysExporter - Export data from Windows controls
>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html
>>
>> It will let you save the WLM message list to a tab delimited text
>> file
>> which Excel can read.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>

>> "Prasad" <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> > I have three thousand mails in my inbox & same in sent folder
>> > Now I need to summarize them in excel sheet in tabular form
>> > from / to,  subject,  date,  time
>> > Is there is any way or tool to do it
>> > Please help
>> >
>> > -- Prasad Auti
>>

>> .

0
Michael

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

transaction type report
This one could be difficult, if not impossible. I am looking to bring a wine vendor under my roof and take a percentage of his profits. The problem I see is breaking down the credit card expense. I use paymentech to process the cards, and the rates vary depending on the card type and transaction type. I do however pay a set rate of $0.12 per credit transaction (and then an additional percentage). What I would like to be able to do is pull this information off of the jrnl (reg anal report??). I would like to be able to break a transaction down three different ways. 1) food only t...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Money 2005 & Transaction Form Budget Summary
I have recently upgraded to Money 2005 from 2003 and have noticed that I am missing the little budget/category summary that used to appear at the bottom of the transaction form when I review & categorise downloaded transaction entries in the Account Register. The summary used to show how much of my budgeted amount for that category had been used. Does anyone know how to get the little summary back? Was this functionality removed from Money 2005? I hope not, because I really liked it. Thanks, Tyler Nobody here. Yes. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=166. "Tyler" <Ty...

Fonts AA Excel Report from Distribution Query Wizard
The Distribution Query Analyzer generates a font of Arial Regular 8 and I need to go to an Arial 11 on the Excel report. Can this be done? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Not-Selling Item Report
Is there a not-selling item report available? I would like to know which of my items have not sold in a certain period. There is a Last Sold column available on the Item reports. You could filter the report by this column. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems Thanks for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. (Should have found that myself). "Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in message news:f525685410ce8c7c3eeb9ee49c0@news.microsoft.com... > There is a Last Sold column available on the Item reports. You could > filter the report by this co...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

Group Summary
Hi, I want to know if there is a possible way of doing this. Your help would be much appreciated. I am able to do the count by each sport. Baseball 23 Hockey 22 Tennis 54 but I"m looking if there is a way to add the last line: Baseball 23 Hockey 22 Tennis 54 All Sports 99 << is that possible to add on the same query Thanks You can show a total in the bottom row of your query in Access 2007 only. While viewing the query results, click the Home tab of the ribbon, and depress the Totals button in the Records group. A T...

emailing as message
Using Publisher 2003. Whenever I send a newsletter as m essage., The document comes out a little smaller to the person that is ecieving the message. However, whenever i save the document as aa jpeg file and hen send is a opicture it comes the exact size which is 8.5 * 11. What can I do to make it not whrink i want to send as a message and not as a JPEG If the recipient doesn't have Publisher, then you could try sending it as a ..pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Carl Thame" &...

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...

Exchange server reporting tool
Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Thanks sl =?Utf-8?B?c2xhd2Fs?= <slawal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:735D2C55-FB0E-44F4-8F6B-274B754A9FBE@microsoft.com: > Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than > promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Quest messagestats is good stuff. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com i second that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Arlo Clizer" <aclizer@online.goo...