Message(s) Not Being Marked As Read

I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked.
But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I
select them,
only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the
reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder
even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane
doesn't display in the Junk email right pane.
Is this normal?
I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark
it as read.

James

0
JamesJ
8/11/2010 2:58:15 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2736 articles. 9 followers. Follow

> I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to
> mark it as read.

You can press  Ctrl-Enter  or  Ctrl-q   for that  (or if it is in a thread,
Ctrl-t).

The new beta has a  Unread/Read  button which you could use to toggle the
state of a selected message using your mouse.

Common to both versions you could also use a selected message's right-click
menu to do the same thing.   I suppose there is probably also an equivalent
Action menu item in the old version that I would have never used but again,
it would involve a multi-step process to do the marking.

FWIW  Ctrl-u  (or, if appropriate  CursorDown),   Ctrl-Enter  is what I have
always used.    And  Menu,n  to reverse the marking (making a message
unread.)

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
8/11/2010 5:33:00 PM
I have been using the message's right-click and selecting "Mark as read".
Now IO know the shortcut keys.

Thanks,
James

>> I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to
>> mark it as read.
>

> You can press  Ctrl-Enter  or  Ctrl-q   for that  (or if it is in a
> thread, Ctrl-t).
>
> The new beta has a  Unread/Read  button which you could use to toggle the
> state of a selected message using your mouse.
>
> Common to both versions you could also use a selected message's
> right-click menu to do the same thing.   I suppose there is probably also
> an equivalent Action menu item in the old version that I would have never
> used but again, it would involve a multi-step process to do the marking.
>
> FWIW  Ctrl-u  (or, if appropriate  CursorDown),   Ctrl-Enter  is what I
> have always used.    And  Menu,n  to reverse the marking (making a message
> unread.)
>

> FYI
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

0
JamesJ
8/11/2010 6:40:39 PM
Yes, that's normal for messages in the Junk E-mail folder.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JamesJ"  wrote in message news:e9lCjWWOLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked.
But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I
select them,
only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the
reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder
even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane
doesn't display in the Junk email right pane.
Is this normal?
I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark
it as read.

James

0
Gary

Why Do My Documents Show As Read-Only For Others?
I have created a spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. I have not applied any sort of protection but when others try to open the file it shows as Read-only. This also happens in reverse order; when I open a file created by a co-worker it shows as read-only for me. Why is this? It's possible that it's in the settings of your network folder. Try to see the settings of your folder -- japorm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=654 View this thread: http...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Kenneth Cole New York Men's Automatic Watch #KC3801
Price:$225.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000X38WLI Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000X38WLI Stainless steel case, 42.5mm diameter, 15mm thick Automatic movement Water resistant Subdials for day, date, 24-hour time, month Stainless steel bracelet, fold-over clasp Brimming with detail and loaded with additional functions, the Kenneth Cole men's automatic watch is worth coveting. The intricate face features almost fully exposed automatic movement, for a captivating appearance. A thin black dial surrounds the movement and displays gold-tone in...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Reading Numbers in Words
I need a formulae that can read figures in a specific cell e.g 123 and change them into words (One Hundred Twenty Three) -- tarig Tarig, have a look here, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:433865C1-7417-4CAB-B582-7A0B2B3E1620@microsoft.com... >I need a formulae that can read figures ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Cannot open url's after IE8 Update noe Rollback to IE7
Using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP SP3 which has McAfee Security Center on it. Important to note, the subscription is current EXCEPT that the McAfee firewall portion is saying it is out of date..... I will address this further below. IE8 diagnose the problem tells me my network is perfectly fine and that ftp, http, and https all work. Firefox works. Someone logging in remotely to my machine works. Ping yahoo.com works. I have reset my all in one DSL modem/router but that did not matter ** SO ** I uninstalled IE8 which took the machine back down to IE7. Why did I do t...

How do I enlarge the spreadsheet view without changing the font s.
At work I can enlarge the view 25-150%. I don't see that feature on my home computer. Maybe the Standard toolbar was hidden (where that zoom icon lives): Tools|customize|toolbars tab make sure Standard is checked. DeborahlX wrote: > > At work I can enlarge the view 25-150%. I don't see that feature on my home > computer. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

emailing as message
Using Publisher 2003. Whenever I send a newsletter as m essage., The document comes out a little smaller to the person that is ecieving the message. However, whenever i save the document as aa jpeg file and hen send is a opicture it comes the exact size which is 8.5 * 11. What can I do to make it not whrink i want to send as a message and not as a JPEG If the recipient doesn't have Publisher, then you could try sending it as a ..pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Carl Thame" &...

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...

catch(...)
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get the exception message from the catch_all exception handler ? try { //expection code } catch(...) { how to get the exception message?? } thanks in advance thanvir ...