Message Headers question

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
John

Upgrade to the newer beta:
http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
Gary
7/17/2010 9:06:55 PM
Thanks for that...yes done that - installed beta..still can't fathom out how
to change color etc of little arrow in the little box esp eg in Newsgroups?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)"  wrote in message

Upgrade to the newer beta:
http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
John
7/18/2010 12:06:07 PM
Unread/Read status of a message is indicated by the bold/unbold font
used in the message list. The bolding effect is much more prominent in the
Wave 4 beta. As to the color of the little icon in the Subject column, the
only one I find significant is the magenta arrow used to indicate that the
message was replied to. There are no options to change the status icon
colors.

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#j#KbGnJLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

Thanks for that...yes done that - installed beta..still can't fathom out how
to change color etc of little arrow in the little box esp eg in Newsgroups?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)"  wrote in message

Upgrade to the newer beta:
http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
Gary
7/18/2010 3:23:31 PM
ok, thanks, j

[...]

Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
John
7/18/2010 4:58:02 PM
You're very welcome.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#v73jppJLHA.680@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

ok, thanks, j

[...]

Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
Gary
7/18/2010 9:09:26 PM
>  As to the color of the little icon in the Subject column, the only one I
> find significant is the magenta arrow used to indicate that the message
> was replied to.

In both versions I rely on seeing the pushpin is blue instead of black/grey.
IMO it is not something that is immediately obvious; I had to train myself
to watch for it.    I agree though that in Wave 4 it isn't as necessary as
it was in the previous version because now the whole line is back to being
bold, not just the Author field, which was just silly and inadequate,
especially when the columns were reordered to give the Subject more
prominence than the From field.

---

0
Robert

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Form/Subform question...
Here's what I want to do and it would seem that Main Form / Subform would be the way to go. I have a table that contains information about a customer. I would like to be able to select the Customer in the main form. Then on the subform have the Customer data shown for the Customer in the Main Form. The client does not want to use Record Selectors as the number of clients can be large and they like the dropdown box functionality. So the question is: How do I set up a Form/Subform to accomplish this? The main form has only the dropdown box which contains the Primary Key and Custo...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Headers Footers
Can the left - center - right sections be removed to make just one area right across the page ? sidcliffe Hi, No, but you anything you enter in the left header or footer will extend across the center and right header and footer if it needs to. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "kgm" wrote: > Can the left - center - right sections be removed to make just one area > right across the page ? > > sidcliffe > ...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

A question
Can someone tell me ...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Remove "group by" header bar
Hello all. How do I remove the grey bar above my messages that says "Drag a column header here to group by that column." I had my messages group by something at one time, have removed that grouping and can't get this bar to leave. Thanks for the help. Display the Advanced Toolbar and click once on the Group By button. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Josep...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Stair Step commissions question
I am to begin calculating rep commissions in the coming months based on a "tiered" or "step" method. The rep commissions will be based on YTD sales and their commissions % will increase as they surpasse four different "steps"--0%-100%, 100.01-125%, 125.01-150% & >150% of YTD sales. I have attempted multiple variations using the IF formula and can't get this thing to work out how I want it, specifically the problem I am having is that I cannot calculate commissions for someone who makes their first goal ($0-$138,000) at that % (20%), and then calculat...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

emailing as message
Using Publisher 2003. Whenever I send a newsletter as m essage., The document comes out a little smaller to the person that is ecieving the message. However, whenever i save the document as aa jpeg file and hen send is a opicture it comes the exact size which is 8.5 * 11. What can I do to make it not whrink i want to send as a message and not as a JPEG If the recipient doesn't have Publisher, then you could try sending it as a ..pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Carl Thame" &...

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...