mail will not open

when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an
error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from
the same sender.

"velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was
> an
> error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
> This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages
> from
> the same sender.

That happens here too, usually (not always) when I have moved mail from the
Inbox to dedicated folders.
A copy of the mail 'sticks' in it's original location.

I drag the message to the Delete folder which gets rid of it.
Clicking Delete doesn't work, just throws up another error message.

Windows Live Mail isn't half as pleasant to use as Outlook Express (my
personal opinion).

Grenou

0
Joelle
1/1/2010 11:50:27 AM
l have been getting similar probs like this now for about 6weeks, most times
my mail will not open, then occasionally it does for about 10 seconds then
goes again. My mail is coming through ok but trying to read it now is nearly
impossible. just dont know now what to do about it other than getting another
mail source.

"Joelle" wrote:

> "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was
> > an
> > error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
> > This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages
> > from
> > the same sender.
>

> That happens here too, usually (not always) when I have moved mail from the
> Inbox to dedicated folders.
> A copy of the mail 'sticks' in it's original location.
>
> I drag the message to the Delete folder which gets rid of it.
> Clicking Delete doesn't work, just throws up another error message.
>
> Windows Live Mail isn't half as pleasant to use as Outlook Express (my
> personal opinion).
>
> Grenou
>
> .

I have problems when there are messages which aren't really there (!), as is
the case with Velona's messages.
Once those have been dragged to the Deleted folder, everything runs fine
again.
Try going through all your messages to see if they are real or fantom, drag
the ones that throw up an error message to the Deleted box and all should be
well.
It's a pain, but I don't know of another way to get around that.

Grenou (I don't know how my sig changed ... another WLM mystery, hehe)

"jasmine29" <jasmine29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> l have been getting similar probs like this now for about 6weeks, most
> times
> my mail will not open, then occasionally it does for about 10 seconds then
> goes again. My mail is coming through ok but trying to read it now is
> nearly
> impossible. just dont know now what to do about it other than getting
> another
> mail source.
>
> "Joelle" wrote:
>

>> "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there
>> > was
>> > an
>> > error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
>> > This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages
>> > from
>> > the same sender.
>>

>> That happens here too, usually (not always) when I have moved mail from
>> the
>> Inbox to dedicated folders.
>> A copy of the mail 'sticks' in it's original location.
>>
>> I drag the message to the Delete folder which gets rid of it.
>> Clicking Delete doesn't work, just throws up another error message.
>>
>> Windows Live Mail isn't half as pleasant to use as Outlook Express (my
>> personal opinion).
>>
>> Grenou
>>
>> .

0
Grenou
1/1/2010 1:47:43 PM
Try Tools (ALT+T), Safety Options, Security and make sure it is set to
the Restricted Zone.  That will prevent WLM from trying to run any
scripts or ActiveX in the message which can cause some problems.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there
> was an
> error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
> This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages
> from
> the same sender.

0
Michael
1/1/2010 10:13:16 PM
Are you seeing that after closing WLM and then reopening it?  That's an
intermittent problem with messages being moved shortly before closing
WLM not getting updated in its index.

--

"Joelle" <frogsnwmail-ng@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there
>> was an
>> error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
>> This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all
>> messages from
>> the same sender.
>

> That happens here too, usually (not always) when I have moved mail
> from the Inbox to dedicated folders.
> A copy of the mail 'sticks' in it's original location.
>
> I drag the message to the Delete folder which gets rid of it.
> Clicking Delete doesn't work, just throws up another error message.
>
> Windows Live Mail isn't half as pleasant to use as Outlook Express (my
> personal opinion).
>
> Grenou

0
Michael
1/1/2010 10:15:31 PM
 I delete the offending messages as soon as I see them, so they shouldn't be
there when I close and then re-open WLM.
So far they haven't returned :-)

Grenou

"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Are you seeing that after closing WLM and then reopening it?  That's an
> intermittent problem with messages being moved shortly before closing WLM
> not getting updated in its index.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Joelle" <frogsnwmail-ng@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was
>>> an
>>> error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
>>> This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages
>>> from
>>> the same sender.
>>

>> That happens here too, usually (not always) when I have moved mail from
>> the Inbox to dedicated folders.
>> A copy of the mail 'sticks' in it's original location.
>>
>> I drag the message to the Delete folder which gets rid of it.
>> Clicking Delete doesn't work, just throws up another error message.
>>
>> Windows Live Mail isn't half as pleasant to use as Outlook Express (my
>> personal opinion).
>>
>> Grenou

0
Grenou
1/1/2010 11:08:53 PM
yes.
 I also did as you advised in your other reply....so far all is working well.

Thanks

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> Are you seeing that after closing WLM and then reopening it?  That's an
> intermittent problem with messages being moved shortly before closing
> WLM not getting updated in its index.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Joelle" <frogsnwmail-ng@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> >

> > "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there
> >> was an
> >> error opening this message.....an error has occurred".
> >> This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all
> >> messages from
> >> the same sender.
> >

> > That happens here too, usually (not always) when I have moved mail
> > from the Inbox to dedicated folders.
> > A copy of the mail 'sticks' in it's original location.
> >
> > I drag the message to the Delete folder which gets rid of it.
> > Clicking Delete doesn't work, just throws up another error message.
> >
> > Windows Live Mail isn't half as pleasant to use as Outlook Express (my
> > personal opinion).
> >
> > Grenou
>

> .

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Automatic Receipt of email when Outlook is opened
I am having to select Send/Receive to get email and I think there is a way for email to automatically come into Outlook from the server without that selection. This is a home computer running XP Pro on a Cable Modem. It is possible to set this up. Here is a link to an article that should walk you through the steps to make this happen, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829168. I hope this helps resolve your issue. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ------------------...

Cannot open exe files
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but whenever I try to run exe files, an 'Open With' box pops up. I don't think i have a virus though I'm not sure. I've also tried merging the reg file, but no luck. Any ideas? -- 145141 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 145141's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180981.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1298544.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...

cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.
Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail; I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages: When I click receive mail, I get: C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed.access denied. and: (Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo n.net',error number:0x800040116). I cannot delete. I get the following message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook ..pst could not be accessed...

Since Upgrade to 10.1.4, unable to open Visual Basic Editor
Hi! Since upgrading OfficeX to v.10.1.4, I keep getting the standard VBE error: "VBC could not be opened, etc: � not enough free memory � file may have been deleted or moved �VBE is not installed. Obviously this isn't a memory issue, and VBE is installed. Any suggestions? Peter Hi Peter, Try using Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on the affected startup disk. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <htt...

Incoming E-Mail
Good morning: If I send an e-mail from CRM, and the client responds, the e-mail ends up in my Outlook--not in CRM. Nor does a copy of the e-mail response end up in CRM. I have to tell the program "Track in CRM" even though it was sent from there originally. Is this by design or have I missed a mail routing rule/configuration setting? Thanks Hi Dave, If you look in closed activities, do you see the replied email? I seems to me that the exchange router simply creates a forwarding rule for the iser (the one sending and receiving email) that forwards incoming email with the...

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...