Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts

My  Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in
Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the
contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the
problem remains.

WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have
"signed in" with your live ID...

Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either
want to sign-in or sign out...

Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is
there, you'll need to be signed-in when you bring up WLM. If you don't see
you're full contact list on the web, try opening WLM without signing-in

To open WLM without signing in -> Tools/Options Connections tab, "Stop
signing in" button. Close and reopen WLM. Check for your missing contacts.

To sign-in to WLM, there is a dropdown window at the upper right corner.
Click and sign-in. Hopefully one of those will reveal your desired contact
list.

"William Mac" <William Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My  Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in
> Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on
> the
> contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but
> the
> problem remains.

0
Magnus
8/28/2010 3:22:11 PM
WLMsgr requires a Live ID signon to Windows Live, WLMail does not.
If signing on to Windows Live using the same Live ID in both..the contacts will be the same with one notable difference - WLMsgr shows contacts that can be IM'd.

The most likely cause of not seeing all contacts in WLMail... you created/imported/migrated your contacts in WLMail without signing on. To access the contacts in the no signon mode stop signing in WLMail.

WLM Version 2009
- Tools/Options/Connection/Stop Signing In

WLM Version 2011 beta
- Windows Live Mail button/Options/Mail/Connection/Stop Signing In

If you wish to operate both programs (WLMail, WLMsgr) with a Live ID signon and have the same contacts you'll have to export your 'no signon mode' contacts to a csv file then import into WLM after signon with the same Live Id. (Contacts can also be imported for a Live ID at contacts.live.com, click Manage/Import/etc)

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"William Mac"  wrote in message news:15CE904E-6793-4610-90C9-B58BCF96E398@microsoft.com...

My  Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in
Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the
contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the
problem remains.
0
winston

Missing All Externally Received E-mail
Running Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. User uses OWA exclusively. Mailbox had about 10,000 messages in the inbox. One day all externally sent E-mail was gone. Info store mounts and all E-mails from internal users are still there. This info is extremely important. Backups went back only 3 days (managed/hosted exchange provider). Has anyone ever experienced this? What "could" be the problem? STM file got hosed? Quarantined by AV? I'm hoping the file I need is still on the server but was moved after a corruption was found / storage limit was reached. ...

How to prevent popup the authencation login window when running re
We use CRM 3.0 + SQL Server 2005's reporting service. The reporting service is on the other site.The site had been configured windows integration authencation. The client PC access CRM site via IE and the client PC hasn't logged in sepcified windows domain. When I access CRM site from client, it prompts an system login window. I input the domain user and password,then enter the CRM system. When I click the report on CRM, the system login window appears again. Can anyone give me a solution to realize log in only once? Hi Joseph, I don't think it's possible. > The repo...

Windows program category
A beginner's question. I once read an article that divided the windows program into several categories, like Windows Device Driver, Applications (GUI, Comnsole, DLL, Static Library, and ?), and Windows Service, and I could not remember the whole list. I am sure I missed, could anybody please give me some tips or give me a link or provide me a book? I really want to have a whole picture of Windows programming. Thanks. Johnson The distinctions tend to deal with the structure of the program. GUI apps have windows the user interacts with. They could be written in raw Win32 API, u...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Delivering mails to a distribution group separately?
Hello! I�m using an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Our mail accounts are hosted by a provider. The Clients are receiving there mails directly from the provider by using POP. In order to send mails to external addresses we use a single SMTP account known by the Exchange Server. This works beautyfully for ditribution groups with less than 250 receipients. With larger distribution groups we have got the problem that they are blocked by our provider. Does anybody know how to force Exchange to deliver the mails separately or in packages smaller than a determined value? Many Thanks Bernd ...

How to configure outlook from internet only mail to corporate/workgroup mail
Hello all Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook to internet only email. I now need to configure it to use corporate/workgroup email. Can someone help me please For information on choosing a support version or changing to the other support version, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark Young" <ymark@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:07da01c3ba54$4b268260$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all > > Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook > to internet only email. I...

dialog application window
Hi, I have an MFC Dialog based application that I'm working on. The project only has a single dialog that is a top-most dialog. I am trying to remove it from the system tray. In the dialog's properties, I set the "Application Window" property to false, but that didn't do it. I put the following assert into the OnInitDialog method: ASSERT( !( WS_EX_APPWINDOW & GetExStyle() ) ); It didn't trip, but yet the window still has an entry in the taskbar. Is this something in the bowels of MFC? Is there any way to accomplish this? -- Thanks in advance for...

SOT
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012F_01C55179.E34527A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to use non-Exchange Mail servers with Outlook (I'm = thinking of the free Mercury that comes from Pegasus initially - are = there others?) and if so, are there any recommended web sites to tell me = both how to set up the mail server and also connect Outlook to it? Thanks --=20 Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000...

how to remove e-mail attachments from public folders
Is there way to configure public folders to strip and remove e-mail attachments, when users move emails from their inbox to the public folders? In my public folders I have setup a lets say projects folder for users to move e-mails they get from outside vendors involving different projects. The problem I have is this; E-mails come with file attachments and users forget to delete the attachments before they move the e-mails to the project folder. As result my public folder has grown too large. Is there a way I can set things up when an e-mail is moved from the users inbox to the public fo...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

ActiveSync and Ipaq to push e-mail?
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2and would like to try the push feature of ActiveSync. I'm a noob on this, and we don't have any Windows Mobile phones yet. Can I use my IPAQ pocket PC via the Internet to do the same thing? I assume thats what a phone is doing? Thanks ...

cannot import contacts from 2K to 2K3
My old computer ran office 2000, my new computer runs office 2003. I wanted to import all data from my old outlook to my new outlook. I copied the .PST file to new computer and imported the data. However, the only data that is availabe is my mail. There is not contact or task data. It is not even shown in the import window. Where would I find my contact data? Is it stored in the PST file? What can I do to access my contact data? Thanks, Mike. Answered your other post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3...

After importing from 2004 to 2008, many e-mails are missing!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I just installed Office 2008 Business Edition on my Mac. When I opened Entourage, it automatically knew my account information and appears to have transferred e-mails from the former 2004 edition over. However, there were several e-mails missing. <br><br>I went to File > Import and followed the prompts to bring everything from 2004 over, but there are still weeks worth of e-mails MISSING entirely. Additionally, there are several calendar items that are missing as well. <br&...

Where is my POP3 Mail going?
I've been brought into a situation where the Exchange server appears to be retreiving from our ISP, however I don't know where they are going after that. They do not appear to be sending to any mail boxes. Thanks! Eric "Eric McDonald" <emcdonald@docutap.com> wrote in news:vs7llg7utpid53@corp.supernews.com: > I've been brought into a situation where the Exchange server appears > to be retreiving from our ISP, however I don't know where they are > going after that. They do not appear to be sending to any mail boxes. I think we'll need more i...

IMAP E-mails Automatically Marked As Read?
outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails and it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark them all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fresh outlook install with no rules set or anything.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you syncing with a smartphone? -- Diane P...

Is there a way create a identity for Windows Mail
Hello, I am working in earhlink. I want to whether there is way to create a identity in Windows mail. Thank you. ...

Windows cannot complete the extraction
I recently downloaded the updates for Windows Vista. Up until then I had been able to open a compressed zip folder containing images. Since then when I try to open the file I get the message "Windows cannot complete the extraction . The destination file could not be created" I have downloaded the file twice, moved it to another file and to my desktop from downloads, that doesn't help. My internet people cannot help me as this is a computer problem, they don't do that! Please tell me in layman's terms, as I am a novice, how to fix this and/or to uninstall...

Outlook Window Resizing in RegEdit
I have had a problem with some software which appears to have sized the Outlook window to a size which makes it disappear from the screen. If I Alt Tab to it and hit Alt and the Down Arrow, I can see the menu's, but no window. If I Maximise it from the Task Bar then it runs full screen, but I want to run it at the original half- screen sized window. I know that there is a way of editing the size of the window in the System Registry. Does anyone know where this can be done? I am fairly competent with Reg Edit. Thanks. ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Going Live with GP

Some e-mail messages...all words are underlined
- Windows XP with SP-2 (pbm existed prior to SP-2) - IE 6.0.2800, SP-1 (pbm existed prior to SP-1) - Office XP - Outlook - Problem : approx. 40-50% of e-mail messages arrive with all words "underlined" (huge distraction". - Going to "edit"..."change to HTML"..."edit" (to remove underlining) solves the problem, but is a major pain. - Other 50-60% of messages arrive without underlining. - Any suggestions on what settings to change appreciated. ...

CRM & Windows Server 2003
Does anyone know if CRM will run on Server 2003? the release 1.2 for later this year will support server 2003. Right now some people have been successful in loading crm onto server 2003 so scan through this newsgroup. Just be aware that currently server 2003 is an unsupported configuration. "Scott Spaulding" <scotts@csiopen.com> wrote in message news:000c01c377e1$904abd30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if CRM will run on Server 2003? Scott, CRM is not currently supported on any of the 2003 platforms. This support will come with v1.2 to be released in December...

Exchange 5.5 disable mail relay
Hi, I have an Echange 5.5 server SP4 running on Windows 2000 server. I disabled relay but still get about 200 spam e- mails in my queue. I can delete all files under the out folder restart IMC and with 1 to 2 minutes my queue is full. I configured IMC for inbound messages until I find a fix. Please advise on what I need to do next Is the group account enabled - if it is disable it. The guest account allows mail to be sent anonymously even if relaying has been prohibited SColville "nathan@v-1.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b4f01c3ad28$c...