Importing address books into WLM

I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client and
also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book

But the contacts show up in Windows Contacts - NOT in Windows Live Mail

How do I get them to appear there ??

TIA

JM

0
Jimbo

Have you signed in with a Live ID?

"Jimbo" <jjmatt@davtv.com> wrote in message
> I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client
> and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book
>
> But the contacts show up in Windows Contacts - NOT in Windows Live Mail
>
> How do I get them to appear there ??
>
> TIA
>
> JM

0
slk759
12/21/2009 12:18:26 AM
Did you open WLM, click Contacts, then File/Import/OE address book, then browse to location holding your OE address book
file(*.wab) ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jimbo" <jjmatt@davtv.com> wrote in message news:eWnw5acgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book
>
> But the contacts show up in Windows Contacts - NOT in Windows Live Mail
>
> How do I get them to appear there ??
>
> TIA
>
> JM

0
winston

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold
Hi, I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i not rare that I omit some addresses. Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process? Thanx in advanc -- frenchbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927 View this thread: http://w...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

How to remove odd favorites listing on address bar?
On the far right of the address bar (Explorer 8), is a down-pointing arrow which when clicked, lists recent browsing history, and then (on my computer) a very incomplete list of my favorite sites. Is there a way to delete or edit this outdated and incomplete list of favorites? My computer automatically deletes the history when I sign out of Windows, but that darn favs list remains. Thanks for your assistance. OptionA: Menu--.tools-->InternetOptions-->Delete-->uncheck checkbox which says "Preserve favorites Data" OptionB: In your WindowsExplorer...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Bad address error
Trying to send a message from our exchange server to my personal acct and I recieve a NDR notice " The recipient name is not recognized". I contacted my ISP and they state the problem is in house and not on there side. Need any help fixing this problem. This all started about 2 weeks ago. Thanks in advance, Ron T. What is the full text in the NDR? What changed about 2 weeks ago? What is the domain where the message is destined? Can you telnet to that domain's e-mail servers from your Exchange server on port 25? If so, can you manually send a message? -- Ben Winzen...

Offline Address Book not updating #2
Hello, Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address book. We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server. "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address >book. We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions. > >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server. Check the Applications Log on the OAB server and make sure the OAB is being generated. There w...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

set up outlook to reply from "sent to" address
i have two aliases on an account at fastmail.fm . i am finding that if i reply to the aliases, outlook puts the pop username on the reply as the 'from'. not the alias that the email was originally sent to . this makes the idea of using an alias pointless if any replies are involved, unless i think to change accounts whenever replying under those addresses. is there a way to get this to work correctly? -- jeffrey "jeffrey" <astro46@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%RbAl.21967$YU2.9366@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com... >i have two aliases on an account at fastmail.fm...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

how do i get an email address from microsoft outlook
I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on my computer at home. A good many internet connection providers have directions on their site on how to configure Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express on their site. Perhaps you could share who is supplying your POP3/IMAP mailbox account and someone here can reference you to a web page that covers how to setup. "aracelis" <aracelis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC73273-638F-46C2-8499-9DE643366EB1@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...