How to get spell check to work

I have just started using LiveMail.  How can i get spell check to work?
There is a spelling tab under tools, which always tells me the spell check is
complete when I press it.  But I have never formatted the spell check for UK
English, it doesn't capitalise the first letter of names or the letter 'i'
and i have bo idea how to make it do what i want it to do.  It used to be so
easy in Outlook.

Naturally Outlook has more features than the free Windows Live Mail.

You can change the spell check options under Tools - Options - Spelling  (in
the main program window, not in a message composition window)

It can correct a few common capitalization mistakes, and you can select UK
English as the language.

"dflow" <dflow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just started using LiveMail.  How can i get spell check to work?
> There is a spelling tab under tools, which always tells me the spell check
> is
> complete when I press it.  But I have never formatted the spell check for
> UK
> English, it doesn't capitalise the first letter of names or the letter 'i'
> and i have bo idea how to make it do what i want it to do.  It used to be
> so
> easy in Outlook.

0
Dave
12/13/2009 4:59:25 PM
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

Open WLMail.

Click on Tools | Options | Spelling.

Under Languages, scroll down to English (United Kingdom).

If you are in the UK and your computer was connected to the
Internet when you installed WLMail, then English (United Kingdom)
will probably be installed already.  If not, it should listed as
"Available".  Select it, and click on "Install".

Now, you have two choices.  Provided the Regional and Language
settings on your computer have been configured for the United
Kingdom, you could check the box marked "Check spelling in
current input language".  Alternatively, you could select English
(United Kingdom) in the list of spell-check languages - and click
on "Set default".

If you also check the box marked "Check my spelling as I type",
then WLMail will underline any misspelt words in red.

"dflow" <dflow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just started using LiveMail.  How can i get spell check
> to work?
> There is a spelling tab under tools, which always tells me the
> spell check is
> complete when I press it.  But I have never formatted the spell
> check for UK
> English, it doesn't capitalise the first letter of names or the
> letter 'i'
> and i have bo idea how to make it do what i want it to do.  It
> used to be so
> easy in Outlook.

0
Bob

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Stupid Junk Filter Doesn't Work
I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them in my inbox. Anyone have any suggestions? Upgrade to 2003. "Christy" <charrison@loanwhiz.com> wrote in message news:63de01c40155$1c4d1c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't > work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail > to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them > in my inbox. > > Anyone h...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Check Box Grouping
Hello, When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone know why this would happen? Ellen What happens if you change your Grouping and Sorting expression to: =IIf([YourYNFieldName],"A","B") -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "EllenM" wrote: > Hello, > When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone > know why this would happen? > > Ellen Why would you group on a check box? I would think you would apply criteria only to get either Yes or No's. Post your que...

AP checks auto-folded
Hello - I had a client inquire about printing GP checks and having them go through an automatic folder-sealer machine -- Are there 3rd party vendors I should contact? Or should I have client get the equipment and modify the GP check format. just get the equipment and modify the format if needed. I have a few clients using auto-folders. they work quite well. HS "kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE030685-FC31-4791-BDAC-D7D4CB8BA8DF@microsoft.com... > Hello - I had a client inquire about printing GP checks and having them go > throug...

Will Money work with other currencies?
I'm currently in the US and would like to purchase Money for use here, as well as in Southern Africa (mainly South Africa and Zimbabwe). Will it be able to configure with the currencies there and work properly? I have a small business involved in trade with multiple currencies and intend to use money to help me manage my finances. Money allows each account to be associated with a specific currency and it allows transfers from an account in one currency to an account in another currency to be assigned a conversion. That having been said, Money does not make dealing with multiple cur...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Publisher2000,trying to ftp., says check your URL, can't publish,
Can't publish to tripod using ftp. I'm a real newby to this stuff but have checked all other questions. I did enable frontpage on the tripod site. Can you help? Make note that web publication issues should be discussed in our webdesign forum versus this general forum. You should work thru the article - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=158 - as well as review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "javalady33" <javalady33@discussions.microsof...

How do I get??

TAB Key doesn't work in my DLL dialog app
I created a dialog based application in a DLL. When I run my dialog, I can not Tab between items. Basically the Tab key doesn't do anything. Is there a fix to this.... am I missing some option somewhere in MFC? Is it by any chance a MFC Regular DLL and you are dealing with a modeless dialog? --- Ajay Marek wrote: > I created a dialog based application in a DLL. > > When I run my dialog, I can not Tab between items. Basically the Tab > key doesn't do anything. > > Is there a fix to this.... am I missing some option somewhere in MFC? yes Ajay Kalra wrote: >...

Spell checking
HiI am working on a database of Names & addresses, where the systemattempts to match details from newly imput data - i.e.invoices, orderforms etc, with that already on the database.Trouble is, people insist on spelling things differently. So "and" maybecome "&", "Ltd" may become "Limited", "CE" may become "Church ofEngland", "St Mark's" becomes "St Marks", etcetera, etcetera.What I crave is the kind of spell checking ability that operates inMicrosoft Word, or even better, Google. How do they do that?Whe...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Check if Time falls between ?
How could I check if a Time value falls between two other time values? I want to essentially establish if a premises is open or not at various times of the day. My time values are input as hh:mm and have no date. The issue I am having is that opening times can vary, which may include past 12:00am eg. 7:00am to 2:00am (the following day). So if I check if the premises is open during the hour 11:00pm I can construct a formula test if it is >= than Opening time and <= Closing time, but this won't work past 12:00am (see CF below) Do I need to combine a dd aspect to the hh:mm...