how does the WLM 2011 beta contact system / database work?

Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7
Ultimate system.

Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows
Contacts.
As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other
computers.

But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM?
And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts?

I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer
given.

Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc
suite" which has compatibility to outlook, outlookExpress and WindowsMail,
but will not recognize WLM 2011 for syncing contacts.

I know that in this particular case it is a problem of SonyEricsson,
but still i am confused with the number of times MS seems to change the
storage format of contacts ....

greetings

Roland Schweiger

0
Roland
9/12/2010 6:36:57 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Roland,
Inline..

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Roland Schweiger"  wrote in message news:i6j6ka$69v$1@news.eternal-september.org...

Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7
Ultimate system.

Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows
Contacts.
As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other
computers.

But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM?
- A lot
    * OE stored contacts in a wab file
    * Windows Mail in C:\Users\<windows name>\Contacts
    * WLM stores them in contacts database file(*.edb) and only accessible via WLM and WLMsgr

And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts?
    * Outlook stores contacts in its *.pst file

I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer
given.
    - Contact acces on a mobile phone is determined by the phone supporting Windows Live online contacts, not WLM.

Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc
suite" which has compatibility to outlook, outlookExpress and WindowsMail,
but will not recognize WLM 2011 for syncing contacts.
    - because it can read wab, User\..\Contacts or a pst file but not *.edb

I know that in this particular case it is a problem of SonyEricsson,
but still i am confused with the number of times MS seems to change the
storage format of contacts ....
    - as noted above, in this version and the foreseeable future..synchronization with phones is via the online contacts(contacts.live.com, not WLM)

0
winston

Exchange 2003
Hi Recently we start getting following event ID in System logs on Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Event Type: Error Event Source: Srv Event Category: None Event ID: 2011 Date: 10/27/2004 Time: 8:02:06 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: The server's configuration parameter "irpstacksize" is too small for the server to use a local device. Please increase the value of this parameter. I did some search on google and microsoft web site but didn't find anything specific for this configuration (there are 2 KB talking about Windows NT/2000/XP) This server also has NAV2...

Vista System Backup causes system failure
I started getting random shutdowns for no reason. I finally was able to narrow down the problem to the automatic system backup I had going on and can duplicate this problem on demand. If I create a manual system restore point on my system (C:) drive and attempt to restart the system, I will have to reboot repeatedly until I get to the screen that tells me the system cannot start and attempts to repair the system. At that point I am back to the point I was before the system backup. I have no system backup because every time I try to create one, the system will no longer boot u...

Outlook Find Not Working
Using Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003: I recently had to rebuild my Exchange server. Since then the Outlook find feature is not working, unless Cached Mode is enabled. Full-text indexing is enabled. Help!! ...

Password Now Needed on MS Money 2007 Deluxe
Hi all- I know I have seen several users with a similar issue, but slight variances. I have used MS Money since 1998. I recently upgraded to Vista, and MS Money 2007 (last few months), and all was well. Last night, MS Money suddenly crashed. I have always used a Windows Live ID / password to access my account. When I attempted to start Money again, my Live ID and Password would not work. I closed the program, restarted it, and now suddenly it asks for a password for the file. Since I've always used Live ID, I never set a password for the file. In any case, when going to res...

Quotefix for WLM
Hello, Does anybody know whether somebody's working on a kind of Quote fix for WLM ? Thanks. -- Bernard Cordier Ressources STG : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.cordier/ Juliette Cordier : http://cordier.juliette.free.fr/ No, not that I know of. The original author of OE-QuoteFix seems to have abandoned it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernard Cordier" <cordier-bernard@wanamou.fr> wrote in message = news:O7MkpqS5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does an...

How do I see CC to in my email -it doesn't work
Just got MS Outlook 2003 It won't insert names from my address book in the CC: field Of course it will. Provide information as if we can't read minds and aren't there (we can't and we aren't). What precise steps are you using and what happens? If you just "got" Outlook 2003, how did you migrate you data to the new installation and configure your address book? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB073BEB-F747-4105-8A92-FA4C121D079E@microsoft.com... > Just got MS Outlook 200...

Creating Contacts / Groups forOutside Users
Our CEO wants certain contacts to be part of a new group (distribution list), he does not want it setup individually on each machines. the problem is that the users for this distribution group includes both user in the company and outside; clients. What is the best way of setting this up? I do not want to see the users in the GAL that are not part of the company but I would like to be able to email this outside contacts by selecting a group in the GAL. Any thought? - Create Contacts for these external users - Add them to the distribution list, let's say "DL1" - Hide ...

Import CSV to SQL database
Hi I have a CSV file with all my data to be imported to SQL database of RMS. I have downloaded trial version "EMS Data Import for MySQL". It seems that I need to have a blank SQL database already created to import my CSV file data. How could I create a blank SQL database? Is this the way it is suppose to work or am I missing something. Thanks Don Watane Don, Nope, you're not missing anything. MSImport needs a database to import into. To create a new one, SO Administrator | File | Connect | put your password in | Database | Create | give it a name | Next | when it asks f...

sharing contacts with OE
I was told that Outlook and Outlook Express share the contacts. How can I disable the contact sharing between the two if possible? Thank you What version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:u$K8hpZqDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, lorne wrote: > I was told that Outlook and Outlook Express share the contacts. How > can I disable the contact sharing between the two if possible? > > Thank you OE 6 and Outlook...

WLM Stationery
I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the stationaries(Southwest). when she opened it there was text only-no stationery. Why?? Check your Sent items? If the message is html, then she is probably has Tools, Options, Read, 'Read all messages in plain text' checked. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:65CD171C-9BA5-48BE-89F4-8C6EB0EB8251@microsoft.com... > I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the > stationaries(Southwest). when she op...

Copy Paste Special not Working
I am trying to Copy-Paste Special Value from one Workbook in to another, but its coming up with the following Error "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" I'm assuming that it is because I have headings centred across columns. How can I get around this if I do want these headings Centred and formatted like the source workbook? I have been Copying-Pasting and then Copying-Paste Special values to remove the links but this is causing a #Value! Reference error Thanks I would suggest you unmerge and use "center across" instead. You can add a...

How to does not autorize the creation of double contact
Hi, I have a small with Microsoft CRM 3.0. My question is : how to does not autorize the creation of contact in double ? Thank for your help. Sylvain http://www.c360.com/DataQualityCenter.aspx Sylvain schreef: > Hi, > > I have a small with Microsoft CRM 3.0. My question is : how to does not > autorize the creation of contact in double ? > > Thank for your help. > > Sylvain Thank you. Sylvain. "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > http://www.c360.com/DataQualityCenter.aspx > > Sylvain schreef: > > > Hi, > > > > I have a s...

Adding a database object to the Switchboard
Can you enter a database reports object to the switchboard with out individually listing all the reports? No, but you can built a form that will list all the reports so they can be chosen as if you were seeing the Reports object. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "ChooseReportFromList2.mdb" which illustrates how to do this. Then you can just open the form from the Switchboard. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? F...

Add table to split database
I have a split Access Database on a network. I need to add a new table to the database. Do I export it to both the front end and the back-end or do I run a relinking module or do they just find each other "across a crowded room" when the stars align:)? Thank you for any insight. Mary Ensure no one is working in the db (no ldb back-end file) and then you take if offline. Do not keep a copy on your server or else people may do work which they will loose! Then make the modifications you require (add the new table). Then place the back-end file back in place O...

Synching Contacts when set not to synch
We accidentally did a partical synch of contacts for a user from Outlook to CRM before we cancelled the process and set contacts to not synch from Outlook. But now when we attempt to synch activities from Outlook to CRM it attempts to also synch contacts even through we have turned that function off. How do we truely turn off this process and does it have to do with the begining partical synch that never finished? Thanks, Scott When you say 'set contacts to not synch from Outlook', I assume you turned off the 'contacts' setting under the Synchronization tab of user op...

Customization Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta
Hi, In Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta is an entity "Opportunity relationship" We want to customize this entity. The Type shows this entity is customizable but it's NOT. We have a few questions: 1 Is it possible in the final release Microsoft CRM 3.0 to customize it with the possibilities other 'regular' entyties have ( Forms and Views, Changing and adding attributes, Changing and adding Relationships)? 2 If NOT! Is is possible and advisable with the SDK Microsoft CRM. Greetings Maarten Questions related to the Beta should be placed in the private Beta newgroup. You can ...

Contacts to display GAL!
Hi, thanks for reading. Trying to get our GAL to display in our contacts without doing an import. We are looking for a dynamic solution so we do not have to import on a regular basis. Any ideas? Thanks! "QBob" <hintonrunce@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uibByhedFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, thanks for reading. Trying to get our GAL to display in our contacts > without doing an import. We are looking for a dynamic solution so we do > not have to import on a regular basis. Any ideas? Thanks! > Normally, there are no need to do so...

Does Ctrl+Atl+Pause is a system hot key? What does it do?
hi, I got a weird problem with my program. My program is running in Full Screen Mode. Once I press the Ctrl+Atl+Pause, (not the DEL), it brings my main window to background somewhere. Is this a hot key or must be my code accidently does that? If it is a hot key, do you guys know how to disable it? Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?Tmlja3k=?=" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C4CDF3B1-A019-45DD-94B3-5839FDB69C12@microsoft.com: > hi, > > I got a weird problem with my program. My program is running in Full > Screen Mode. Once I press the Ctrl+Atl+Pause, (not ...

"Specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted" error
We are getting this error in "CRM Client for Outlook". We get it when we trying to synchronize after clicking on "Go offline". We have two installations of "CRM Client for Outlook". One installation was able to synchronize for a while, but is not able to now. The other installation could never synchronize. Now both installations get the "specified domain..." error message. Where should we start troubleshooting? We have many remote users who are experiencing the same failures. I hope that you get some feedback that we both can use. CPJ &quo...

Add a field to General Contact form?
Is it possible to add a field to the General form under the Contact tab for an Outlook (2007) contact? I'd like to add a "Relationship" field between the Job Title and File As fields. Can someone explain how to do this or point me to instructions? I'd be happy to pay someone a consulting fee to walk me through it over the phone. Can anyone recommend a good Outlook consultant? Thanks ...

VS 2005 beta question
All, I need to complie some code. I am going from 16bit to 64 bit. The job do not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net. If I compile the code with the beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me? Thanks in advance The code won't, but eventually the compiler will stop working. Don't know if the trial will support 64 bit though. I guess you get what you pay for. Tom "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:%23OyZFNUFGHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I need to complie some cod...

Exchange 2003 DR when on a AD system
I would like to know how you restore Exchange 2003 on new hardware using the same computer name when the old server was a domain controller. I know that when you want to recover exchange on new hardware with the same name you would use the reset account option in AD then join the replacement server to the domain. Problem is if the old hardware was a domain controller you can not use the reset account option, how would this be done in a case like this? Jay, Are you talking about a DR issue where your first Exchange system is down? Or are you just looking for an easy way to move Exchange...

Add 5 working days to date
hi I am trying to work with two dates on phone call entity in crm - actual start and scheduledend what i want to achieve is - set the actual start date to current date if it is null and then add 5 working days to actual start date below is the code i am using var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue == null crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue = new Date(); crmForm.all.scheduledend.DataValue=dateadd("w",5,actualstart) break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE...

AIM contacts appear in address book in Outlook express
Outlook Express loads every screen name in my buddy list to my address book everythime I open up OE. How do I disable this from happening? It's rather annoying. thanks! Hi, Jon - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public....

Row/Column unhide shortcut keys not working in excel 2007
Specs: AMD 64 X2, Vista Business Edition, Office 2007. I searched through the groups, but I didn't come across an answer to my problem.. Do the shortcut keys for row/column unhide work in excel 2007? I'm used to excel 2002/03 where the command is CTRL+SHIFT+9 and CTRL+SHIFT+0. According to the excel 2007 help, the commands are the same, but they do not work for me (I can unhide by going to Cells- >Format-> Hide & unhide). Interestingly, Ctrl+9 and Ctrl+0 work fine for hiding rows/columns. On a (related?) note, in the following thread http://groups.google.com/group/microso...