How do I prevent automatiic download of email?

I have just migrated fråm Outlook Express to WLM, but I have one question:

I am using Mailwasher to sort out spam before downloading my email, so I do
not want WLM to download email messages automatically. I have left all the
checkboxes about downloading/sending email in Options/General unchecked, but
WLM downloads the email all the same. How can I prevent that?

"Hans_N" <Hans_N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just migrated fråm Outlook Express to WLM, but I have one question:
>
> I am using Mailwasher to sort out spam before downloading my email, so I
> do not want WLM to download email messages automatically. I have left all
> the checkboxes about downloading/sending email in Options/General
> unchecked, but WLM downloads the email all the same. How can I prevent
> that?

I have this problem too, but only occasionally & unexpectedly.

I don't know how or why WLM downloaded messages during the night, I wasn't
around to ask it to!
bj

0
bj
1/17/2010 5:47:38 PM
Its a known bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.
All you can do is leave Windows Live Mail closed until you actually
want to use it.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Hans_N" <Hans_N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have just migrated fr=C3=A5m Outlook Express to WLM, but I have one =
question:
>=20
> I am using Mailwasher to sort out spam before downloading my email, so =
I do=20
> not want WLM to download email messages automatically. I have left all =
the=20
> checkboxes about downloading/sending email in Options/General =
unchecked, but=20
> WLM downloads the email all the same. How can I prevent that?

0
Gary

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

How to download SP3?
Does enabling of automatic downloads for windows xp sp2 download and install windows xp sp3 automatically? Thanks. "R. Ganesan" <RGanesan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CD33D89-E4EE-4080-9DE7-2D57C923752B@microsoft.com... > Does enabling of automatic downloads for windows xp sp2 download and > install > windows xp sp3 automatically? > > Thanks. > It should, but I would recommend downloading it and installing manually for the best results. Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3: http://supp...

Outlook Email Account File
I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files so that I don't have to re-enter all the accounts. Anybody know the name of the file? Thanks, John John P. Chambers, LCSW, LMFT, LPC wrote: || I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem || finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the || file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files || so that I don't have to r...

Can Outlook be set to display email in text only
For security I don't want Outlook to display incomming e-mail in html, i want to use plain text only. I have the mail format in options set to plain text but I still receive my Em in html. Is it possiable to do this nd if so HOW??? Thanks PS I am using Office 2000 Not in your version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Phido asked: | For security I ...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Workflow for new orders sending multiple emails
We have a workflow setup to confirm new orders by sending an email to our customer. This workflow has been running for over a year. The rule or some other component seems to have broken down as we've had reports from customers of receiving multiple emails for the same order. One customer reported 188 emails for a single order, which I confirmed through message tracking on our Exchange server. Any ideas? Windows 2000 domain Exchange 2000 on mail server, SQL 2000 for DB Dedicated servers (1 ADC, 1 Exchange, 1 SQL/CRM) CRM 1.2 Thank you. ...

Hyperlinks dont work I get a message "Cannot download the info..
None of hyperlinks in my PPt 2007 presentaion work I get the massage "Cannot download the information you requested" when I try to activate the links. I cant find anything in PPT 2007 help about this. In article <2DA5A2AD-97F2-48AD-B23E-96A7CCF26C8B@microsoft.com>, Etienne 67 wrote: > None of hyperlinks in my PPt 2007 presentaion work I get the massage "Cannot > download the information you requested" when I try to activate the links. What do the hyperlinks point to? ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.ppt...

Zoom adjustment on outgoing emails...
I must have hit some button that has zoomed (enlarged the font and email signature on my outgoing emails. Can seem to figure out how to adjust back and all formatting looks the same as it did before problem occurred. thanks. What Mail program are you using? There should be some method of adjusting the font size in the Mail program. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "DMarkeldt" <DMarkeldt@discu...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Multiple email addresses #5
I have Exchange 2003 Standard w/SP2 on a Win2K3 R2 DC using Outlook 2K3 has the email client. I have 3 email domains setup for each user account. eg. jdoe@aaa.com, jdoe@bbb.com & jdoe@ccc.com. I recieve email to all. Can I send out email from any one of the specific email addresses if used in a mailbox enviroment? The only way I know how to do this now is through POP3. You could either set up separate accounts for each email address, assign Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions to the new mailbox(es), and have them change the FROM field when sending out.. - or look at 3rd par...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Saving archived emails?
I'm plan to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC, but without Outlook: Windows Mail and Calendar do all I need. I've imported all my emails into Outlook Express, and then to Windows Mail, but OE won't import the Archive Folders (pst files). Is there a way I can save the contents of the archives in eml format? -- Nigel M On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:29:10 +0000, Nigel Molesworth wrote: >I'm plan to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC, but without Outlook: >Windows Mail and Calendar do all I need. > >I've imported all my emails into Outlook Express, and then to Wi...

Error (0x80040115) message & slow email
Task 'MSN Mailbox - glholmquist1@msn.com - Sending' reported error (0x80040115) : 'The operation could not be completed because you are working offline or because of an error on the network. Try to connect to the network again, and then repeat the operation.' I always get this message when I send mail through Outlook 2002 SP3 & also email is very slow. ...

i can't send email
i am getting the same error message as "pixiechick". have tried all suggestions nothing seems to work. please help. You have the *exact* same error message? Not very likely. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Teian" <Teian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BE98857-6F50-49B2-9AAB-A45DC1052160@microsoft.com... >i am getting the same error mess...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Archived email
Hi all, Archived email and now wondering how I can easily see it again if needed. Thanks. "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message news:eLRO6aI1HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Archived email and now wondering how I can easily see it again if > needed. File -> Open Browse to your archive .pst file. "Vanguard" <vanguard.x@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u2$SGdI1HHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message > news:eLRO6aI1HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> >> Archived email and now wond...

Reg: Tracking emails into MS CRM3.0
Hi Just now I installed MS CRM 3.0 desktop outlook client in my system. I am unable to track more than 1 email into CRM at a time from my Outlook inbox. Is there any way to track more than 1 email into CRM? please let me know......... Thx in advance. Anil V no, you can only do one at a time. If you need to track a lot of e-mail, you should investigate the CRM Exchange Router which will automatically post e-mail for you. Dave Ireland "Anil Kumar V" <AnilKumarV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E965A49-5558-4D7E-836F-A80092F57F30@microsoft.com... > Hi ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

email contacts
Installed WAB Outlook Express file to new computer. Tried to delete/change/add emails & groups. Turn off computer, no changes are saved. -- patientbutfrustrated Did you import the OE WAB file into Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or are you still using OE? If you are using WLM (this newsgroup forum is for that program), are you signing into a Live Id when you start WLM? Look in the upper right hand corner of the WLM screen. If it says "Sign in", you re not signed in When you sign in WLM synchs your contacts with that Live Id on a Microsoft server. If you ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Downloading ebay generated .csv files into excel
When i download an ebay generated .csv file into excel it downloads numeric fields as text fields (values perfixed wth $ and EUR). This means I cannot manipultate the numeric information i.e. sum etc (values prefixed with £ remain as numeric values). How do you convert a text field into a numeric one without overwriting each cell with the value!!!!! Kind regards -- cmt How about just selecting the range edit|replace what: (whatever character(s) you want to get rid of) with: (leave empty) Replace all Christian wrote: > > When i download an ebay generated .csv file into...

Why do I receive emails with email inside of them?
Frequently when I receive emails that I am being forwarded, the email I'm being forwarded is an attachment in the email. Sometimes it's embedded several emails deep. So once I've finally got to see what I actually want to see, there are 2, 3, 4 or more emails open on my task bar. I hope that that is clear what I mean. Is there any way I can disable this? I'm using outlook 2002 BTW. Thanks, Darren Barnes wooba [at] gmx [dot] net ...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...