Hotmail ID

Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before
you can use WLM?

TIA

B.W.

windows.live.mail.desktop 2736 articles. 8 followers. Follow

No. Not necessary.

"B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message
> Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before
> you can use WLM?
>
> TIA
>
> B.W.

0
UTF
3/26/2010 6:53:19 AM
Hi, B.W.

No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account.  I don't have one.  You don't
have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's
prime purpose for most people, WLM might be useless and pointless without a
mail account.  (Unless you choose to use WLM for newsgroups only, while
using Outlook or some other program for email.)

I do have 3 email accounts, but none are Hotmail.  Each of them is set up
the same way as they were in Outlook Express and in Windows Mail in Vista,
before I switched to WLM.

Obviously, you do need a Hotmail account to use Hotmail in WLM.  But not to
use POP3 or IMAP or Gmail or...

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message
> Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before
> you can use WLM?
>
> TIA
>
> B.W.

But to actually use the WLM email programme for sending and receiving
messages you do have to have a Hotmail account?  Or is is just if you want
to use the other Windows Live Essential features that you need it?

B.W.

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, B.W.
>
> No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account.  I don't have one.  You
> don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email
> is WLM's prime purpose for most people, WLM might be useless and pointless
> without a mail account.  (Unless you choose to use WLM for newsgroups
> only, while using Outlook or some other program for email.)
>
> I do have 3 email accounts, but none are Hotmail.  Each of them is set up
> the same way as they were in Outlook Express and in Windows Mail in Vista,
> before I switched to WLM.
>
> Obviously, you do need a Hotmail account to use Hotmail in WLM.  But not
> to use POP3 or IMAP or Gmail or...
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message
>> Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before
>> you can use WLM?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> B.W.

As said before by me and others it is not necessary to have hotmail or live
e-mail ID for operating WLM. It is just a e-mail client
software/application.

"B.W." <bwaller@aapt.net.auxxx (del xxx)> wrote in message
> But to actually use the WLM email programme for sending and receiving
> messages you do have to have a Hotmail account?  Or is is just if you want
> to use the other Windows Live Essential features that you need it?
>
> B.W.
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, B.W.
>>
>> No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account.  I don't have one.  You
>> don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email
>> is WLM's prime purpose for most people, WLM might be useless and
>> pointless without a mail account.  (Unless you choose to use WLM for
>> newsgroups only, while using Outlook or some other program for email.)
>>
>> I do have 3 email accounts, but none are Hotmail.  Each of them is set up
>> the same way as they were in Outlook Express and in Windows Mail in
>> Vista, before I switched to WLM.
>>
>> Obviously, you do need a Hotmail account to use Hotmail in WLM.  But not
>> to use POP3 or IMAP or Gmail or...
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@grandecom.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64
>>
>> "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message
>>> Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID)
>>> before you can use WLM?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> B.W.

0
utf
3/27/2010 3:46:00 AM
One does not have to have a Hotmail account to use Windows Live Mail(WLM)

WLM provides two modes of operation both providing the ability to send/receive mail from all accounts setup in WLM.
a. Windows Live ID sign-on
b  No Windows Live ID sign-on

The former provides the additional ability to sync Contacts and Calendar with the web server(Contacts.live.com, Calendar.live.com),
the latter does not.

Each (a) and (b) have there own separate Contacts and Calendar. The former stored locally and online, the latter only stored
locally.

Email accounts setup in WLM function independently and the same whether using either mode (a) or (b)

A Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com) has the ability to be setup with two different protocols...Http and Pop3.
 - using Http all folders and messages existing on the server(mail.live.com) are replicated locally. Changes in one will be
reflected in the other
 - using Pop3 only messages from the server Inbox are downloaded locally to WLM.

All Hotmail accounts are Live ID's. Any third party email address can also be registered as a Live ID.  Hotmail type accounts have
a Hotmail web Inbox unlike third party email addresses registered as a Live ID which do not have a Hotmail web Inbox.  All Live
ID's(Hotmail accounts or 3rd party)have the a local and online Contacts and Calendar.

Thus using (a) a Live ID(in any form noted above) does provide access to additional Live Services(e.g Contacts and Calendar), where
as (b) does not.  A Live ID also via the web interface provides additional services(Sky Drive-25GB online storage, Blog site and
more)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"B.W." <bwaller@aapt.net.auxxx (del xxx)> wrote in message news:uIPImFTzKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> But to actually use the WLM email programme for sending and receiving messages you do have to have a Hotmail account?  Or is is
> just if you want to use the other Windows Live Essential features that you need it?
>
> B.W.
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message news:uvNbhjOzKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi, B.W.
>>
>> No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account.  I don't have one.  You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM -
>> but since email is WLM's prime purpose for most people, WLM might be useless and pointless without a mail account.  (Unless you
>> choose to use WLM for newsgroups only, while using Outlook or some other program for email.)
>>
>> I do have 3 email accounts, but none are Hotmail.  Each of them is set up the same way as they were in Outlook Express and in
>> Windows Mail in Vista, before I switched to WLM.
>>
>> Obviously, you do need a Hotmail account to use Hotmail in WLM.  But not to use POP3 or IMAP or Gmail or...
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@grandecom.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64
>>
>> "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com...
>>> Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> B.W.

0
winston
3/27/2010 4:54:57 AM
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:12:09 +1100, B.W. wrote:

> But to actually use the WLM email programme for sending and receiving
> messages you do have to have a Hotmail account?

No. There is no need to have a Hotmail account to use Windows Live Mail. You
can set up WLMail to access any POP3 or IMAP type of email account, and
never have to deal with a Windows Live ID.

> Or is is just if you want to use the other Windows Live Essential
> features that you need it?

A Windows Live ID is only needed for WLMail Calendar features, nearly as I
can tell. Or if you want to use a Windows Live feature to store your contact
list online.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

B.W.

"N. Miller" <anonymous@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:12:09 +1100, B.W. wrote:
>
>> But to actually use the WLM email programme for sending and receiving
>> messages you do have to have a Hotmail account?
>
> No. There is no need to have a Hotmail account to use Windows Live Mail.
> You
> can set up WLMail to access any POP3 or IMAP type of email account, and
> never have to deal with a Windows Live ID.
>
>> Or is is just if you want to use the other Windows Live Essential
>> features that you need it?
>
> A Windows Live ID is only needed for WLMail Calendar features, nearly as I
> can tell. Or if you want to use a Windows Live feature to store your
> contact
> list online.
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Oh Lord, why have you come
> ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

Customer ID Cards
My client needs to create Photo ID Cards for customers using their store. Has anyone any experience with such a system that was integrated with the Customer Profile in RMS? They wish to populate only one record which could be either the RMS customer record or the ID Card maker's software and have it itegrated to other one. Please send me an e-mail if you have any info on this; mbcotton@princeton-pos.net Hi Marc, We are currently adding this feature for RR Ticketing so we can capture customer picture and generate membership cards. I will see if this development can al...

Event ID 565
Hi, This is a repost as i didn't have much luck previously. I am running SBS2003 standard edition. Daily i have a massive amount of failed security events - see below. Today for example there was 17000 events of this nature! I have investigated some MS docs, ie http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813229 & http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810929 but these have not helped really. I was wondering if anyone can point me to a useful resource. Alternatively i am considering a call to PSS as it's been pestering me for months. I appreciate an...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

Event ID 100 Every few seconds
I am getting the following on my Exchange 2003SP1 Box for the las couple of weeks. Not sure if it's related to Exchange or Windows 2003: Event Type: Error Event Source: StatisticsManagerClient Event Category: None Event ID: 100 Date: 11/21/2006 Time: 9:53:37 AM User: N/A Computer: CHIEX001 Description: The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( StatisticsManagerClient ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Exchange to Hotmail
I have a Exchange 2003 box running, with appropriate IP addresses and Pointer Records out on the internet. When I send emails to a Hotmail account, say myaddress@hotmail.com, some of the emails go through, while some don't. For example: Message 1: (This message DOES NOT get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: 2212 Body: test Message 2: (This message DOES get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: Test Message 3 Body: Test Message 3 -----Urspr�ngliche N...

generate-id() and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
generate-id() appears to break in XSL transformations after installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 or Visual Studio 2005 Beta. I have found several references to this searching the net but nobody has followed up with any answers. Is this really a bug or what? It worked fine on all our transformations until we loaded Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 on that particular machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA Mitch@Ross wrote: > generate-id() appears to break in XSL transformations after installing > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack ...

Preventing dupes created by hotmail sent items?
I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3 accounts to be saved there. Regards, n Nibi <neebster@gmail.com> wrote: > I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via > outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal > Folder al...

URGENT
Hi, I have outlook 2003. For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail account properly. it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and then nothing after that. Does any one know how to fix this? Thanks Gavin Gav wrote: > I have outlook 2003. For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail > account properly. it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and > then nothing after that. Does any one know how to fix this? A just how long is "awhile"? Half a year, maybe? Cutoff for DAV access to Hotmail ended on September 1, 20...

wlm hotmail
Hello From france, english not evident..... windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail worked perfectly bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live messenger, I am redirected to windows live mail how to regain access to hotmail ? Thanks -- Asinus asinum fricat To access Hotmail via the webmail interface: Open your browser (probably Internet Explorer). Navigate to mail.live.com, and sign into your Hotmail account. "AlainPasDeSpam" <AlainPasDeSpam@mandarine.fr> wrote i...

Hotmail's server error: responded "redirect"
I have a Hotmail account that I configured with Outlook 2003 to synchronize/download, but almost everytime it gives me the following error: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed. The server responded 'Redirect'. ' What can I do to solve the problem? JC Portillo ...

Retreiving hotmail with outlook
Does anyone knows how to fix this: When I receive an email that is about 250K or more in my Hotmail Inbox I cannot retreive it using Outlook. There is always an error "contacting the server" ...

getting the account id when I have the incident id from url querystring
Hi, How to get the account id for a case when I have an incident id obtained from the request,and then say... get details like faxnumber for an account,is this a valid question ??I see an CRM Incident.Retrieve method to read the incident table perhaps,there is a foreign key, Regards, Mandar Agashe. If you use the Incident.Retrieve, it will give you the AccountId as one of the field in there. though it is most likely label CustomerId along with CustomerTypeCode. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mandar" <mandaragashe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127397161.44838...

Hotmail
Did anybody notice slowness in delivering mails to Hotmail accounts in the last 48 hours? My server used to deliver mails to hotmail instantly now its taking some time (1-2 hours in some cases.) -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Hi, YES, I also experienced some delays with HOTMAIL. I think they were having some trouble. Now it's fine again. regards, Jack "Nawar75" schreef: > > Did anybody notice slowness in delivering mails to Hotmail accounts in the > last 48 hours? > My server used to deliver mails to hotmail instantly now its takin...

Event ID: 8331 Please Help
Hi, I can't fiqure out why this error floods my event viewer. Can't find resolution on knowledge base. Has some one experineced a similar problem? If so, do you know a resolution? Please Help Robert Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Date: 2/23/2004 Time: 11:32:32 AM User: N/A Computer: JSCSRV Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "Rob...

chijohnn@hotmail.com iwn is first.
�H���: "bob.labonne" <bob.labonne@free.fr> �D��: Re: Outlook Express error message ���: 2010�~4��10�� �U�� 01:29 "John H" <JohnH4999@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: %23no%23yZExKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > When I close Outlook Express down, all appears to go OK until I get a > "Outlok Express has encountered a problem and must close etc etc message". > I have compressed my folders in outlook Express 6 IE8 WinXP Home SP3. > John H > (Pleas reply to list as email address is a dummy due to massive...

Windows 2008 Server Kerberos Certificate error ID 29
Hello, I had a Windows 2000 Domain Controller, and translate all AD funtions to a new Windows 2008 server, PDC, GC. All worked fine, but a few days ago I got this error, ID 29, Kerberos-Key-Distribution-Center, not certificate found.... All users can´t access the network shares by the server name, but through the IP we managed to restore the network units. Is there a way to restore the certificate , without regenerate the domain? I ´thank you all in advance for reading, any help will be like a christmas´s gift. More or less... Greetings.. Can you give more detail...

hotmail to outlook when hotmail offline
How do I get my e-mail fromhotmail? Every time I try to get it, the answer is hotmail offline. How do I correct this? You can do nothing to correct it except to sacrifice some chickens, do a hinckey dance, and chant. When Hotmail decides to come back online, you can check for your mail then. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, balancing lady asked: | How do I get my e-mail fromhotmail? Every time I try to get ...

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

Windows Mail asking for user id & password
Hi, I've been using Windows Mail since I got Vista, with no problems. A few days ago it started asking me for my user id & password, but every time I enter them it comes up with an error message: Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"" I have a free yahoo email account, which I can still access via internet explorer. I have tried deleting my account and adding it ag...

hotmail e-mail downloaded twice
my e-mail are being downloaded twice I have outlook express 6 with windows xp home edition how do i fix this problem ...