gmail does not move to windows live mail

My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail.  How can I
correct this problem?

Is WLMail giving you an error when you login or sync?  Please copy / paste
the entire error message so we know what you're up against.

"jijiflies@gmail.com" <jijiflies@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:506EAC03-1B52-4E0F-A6FA-F9F13997B852@microsoft.com...
> My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail.  How can
> correct this problem?

0
slk759
12/18/2009 5:31:32 PM
Do you have the gmail account set up in WLM?

--
Patrick P.
www.boydcomputersvcs.com

"jijiflies@gmail.com" <jijiflies@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:506EAC03-1B52-4E0F-A6FA-F9F13997B852@microsoft.com...
> My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail.  How can
> correct this problem?

0
Patrick
12/18/2009 5:48:14 PM
Have you set up the Gmail account in Windows Live Mail for POP or
IMAP protocol, and have you enabled the chosen protocol?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=3Den&answer=3D13273
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=3Den&answer=3D77695
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

wrote in message =
> My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail.  How =
can I=20
> correct this problem?
0
Gary
12/18/2009 7:10:43 PM
See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
Mail/Live Mail....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

or for IMAP....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920

--
Windows 7  Ultimate
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"jijiflies@gmail.com" <jijiflies@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:506EAC03-1B52-4E0F-A6FA-F9F13997B852@microsoft.com...
> My mail comes into the gmail page but not into windows live mail.  How can
> correct this problem?

0
Dave

Reminders Pop-Up Window
I posted this a few days ago and it got buried, thought I'd try again. As far as I know I have no reminder settings for emails, events or any other thing in Outlook. However, today and in the past all of a sudden when opening Outlook hundreds of reminders will show up in a pop-up window asking me what to do with them. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missing but for the life of me can't find it. I'm running Vista and Outlook 2007 Start Outlook with the cleanreminders switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /cleanreminders (note the space in the com...

Can Access 2000 be installed on Windows 7
A client has a 2000 Access database that needs to be modifed, and we don't know if they're ready to be pushed into a version upgrade at this time. I know that I can save an Access program in the ver. 2000 format, but I would prefer to have the actual environment so I don't accidentally use a property or command that doesn't exist in the old version. Can Access 2000 be installed on my PC (OS Windows 7) without screwing up Access 2007? If so, can Access 2000 still be downloaded from Microsoft? On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:44:09 -0800, Bev Kaufman <BevKaufman@discussio...

Reload messages from GMail?
Hi, My system crashed and I've just finished rebuilding it (XP Media Center, Office 2007 Pro with BCM). I've learned my lesson about backing up everything, but in the meantime, I'm >but in the meantime, I'm What ?? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jay in PA" <rjweiss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:df0912f3-04ab-442b-a1d9-60b7203521ea@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > My system crashed and I've just finished rebuilding it (XP Medi...

end user licence pops up when open office 2003 in windows 7
I am logged in as administrator and doesn't resolve the problem. and fixes on site only apply to XP or Vista nothing for Windows7 Another suggestion I saw was to run Windows in Safe Mode, launch Word, accept the EULA, then shut down and restart. -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C14FAAB0-6CEA-47E1-9ED2-BF425E178101@microsoft.com... > I am logged in as administrator and doesn't resolve the problem. and fixes > on > site only apply to XP or Vista...

Junk Mail Options after Norton Uninstall
After encountering problems with Norton AntiVirus 2006, I uninstalled it. Now Outlook's standard Junk Filter options no longer appear. Is there a way to reset Outlook to get the original Junk Mail options back? Thank you Tim <tim@NOSPAMvisualmalls.com> wrote: > After encountering problems with Norton AntiVirus 2006, I uninstalled > it. Now Outlook's standard Junk Filter options no longer appear. > > Is there a way to reset Outlook to get the original Junk Mail options > back? Help>Detect and Repair? -- Brian Tillman ...

Added gmail to outlook but no gmail folder
I have a gmail account & want to run it through outlook,have added the account but no Gmail folder appears in my Favourite Folder? Simon, you wrote on Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:47:04 -0800: > I have a gmail account & want to run it through outlook,have added the > account but no Gmail folder appears in my Favourite Folder? Why should a "Gmail folder" should appear in your Personal Folder? Did you have configured your gmail account to use it with POP3? You have to do that on the gmail website. http://gmail.google.com -- Best Regards Christian Goeller POP3 accounts d...

When moving exchange servers
Hi All, I am moving exchange server from an existing server (2003 ENT) to a new server (2003 STD). New Server Name is OK. Goal's are: No major down time for Users - Not to loose any permissions or setting - Move Public Mail Boxes with Permissions - Not loose any free busy info - What I Thought to do - New Server on to Domain with new name, Install exchange into current Group, Move Users Mail from Old to new server (this will re-point the client?), then - Can I move Public Mailboxes same way? Then One this is done - Remove Old server from Exchange Server Group? Sound OK? Thanks Do...

Not receiving my e-mails
I recently downloaded Outlook and had our ATT support person walk me through the steps of configuring it so I could send and receive e-mails. I am only receiving e-mails from ATT and test e-mails within Outlook. I have tried forwarding e-mails from my yahoo account to no avail and simply haven't gotten any of the ones I normally get. Could someone give me some idea of some things I could try to get this situation remedied? Thanks. Do you receive any errors when you try downloading mail? Are you sure that you're downloading mail from the same account that you're sending s...

Regaining mail composed on previous PC
I have just changed my PC and when I opened Windows live mail for the first time on the new PC, I re-created the old extra two e-mail accounts I had on the old machine, in addittion to my Hotmail account and the account I had been using the most has come up as empty. i.e It hasn't kept all my previous messages, but, 2nd the extra account has kept all. Is there a way I can recover those e-mails? -- Thanks and kind regards, Brymor It depends on which mail protocol the account uses. IMAP and = Hotmail/Live (HTTP) accounts should automatically download all existing messages. ...

Windows 7 and IE 8
What is the correct version of IE8 to Use with Windows 7? My Windows 7 is highly unstable and the crashes seem to come either after I download email or Use IE8 or Firefox 5 -- oumalou > What is the correct version of IE8 to Use with Windows 7? The one that's currently installed. Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a brand-new computer? 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advance...

Cannot download mail
I am having a problem downloading my mail - I keep on getting the following error messages - please help Task 'brilnet.co.za - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCCF0) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCCF0' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF0) : 'The service is currently unavailable. Try again later....

[Outlook2003] Security alert window
When I try to use "routing a document" with Word2003, I have several security alert windows like "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ..............." Any way to turn off these alerts ? I tried http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/ but without success ! Any suggestions Thanks SDA sda <raspoutine65@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I try to use "routing a document" with Word2003, I have several > security alert windows like "A > program is trying to access email addresses ...

entourage & gmail
I just created a gmail account and an account in entourage, but the gmail account has no sub-folders like my roadrunner and hotmail accounts (sent, deleted items, etc). the real problem is that when e-mail comes in from gmail, it goes to that folder but then is automatically transfered to my rr inbox. sent meassages from gmail (which i can send via entourage) go there too. how can i fix this? thanks. dmr <nydrosslaw@gmail.com> wrote: > I just created a gmail account and an account in entourage, but the > gmail account has no sub-folders like my roadrunner and hotmail > ac...

mail between servers in the same org not working
I just installed a second Exchange 2003 server in my Native Mode org. Both servers show up in the org but my new server can't send mail to the original server. The original server is SP1 but the new server is SP2. Would that cause the problem? No, otherwise nobody in a multiserver org would ever be able to upgrade from SP1 to SP2 (you can't do all servers simultaneously). Enable logging on the SMTP Transport (creates event log entries) and enable logging for the SMTP Virtual Server (creates log files) and see what you find. "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com>...

Windows Home Server newsgroup?
SBS friends - I benefit greatly from all of the help provided here on this newsgroup concerning SBS issues. Can you advise if there is a similar group for "Windows Home Server?" Thank you! Mike Windows Home Server http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/windowshomeserver/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Mike Stem" wrote: > SBS friends - > > I benefit greatly from all of the help provi...

down arrow key moves down, but it moves across to the right on continuse form
I have a continuse form. When I hit down arrow key, it highlight moves across to the right instead of same field next record. Is it possible to move down when pressing down arrow and move up when pressing up arrow? Set the Key Preview property of the form to Yes In the KeyDown event of the form place the following code: Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Label Select Case KeyCode Case vbKeyDown DoCmd.GoToRecord Record:=acNext KeyCode = 0 Case vbKeyUp DoCmd.GoToRecord Record:=acPrevious KeyCode = 0 ...

outlook-e-mail
For some reason the date that is in my outlook is January, instead of Novemeber is reads 1/18/03 in stead of 11/l8/03, how can I change this---I am concerned that my e- mails are not being read because the the recipient see january'03 they think it is an old one---please help? Thank you, Liz I'm assuming you mean when someone receives it? In your sent folder what date appears? If the sent items date is correct but the receiving party has the wrong date than it is the date on your Email Server. OL should pickup the date from your computer. So whatever date you see when yo...

Need to activate a window.
My window on starting the application is getting deactivated. While creating the dialog instead of passing any parent I have passed NULL and later on I attached to some other dialog. Now when my dialog appears at the start of the application it is deactivated. I want to activate it without generating any event. Can we forcefully call WM_ACTIVATE. I tried but might be it is not correct. Hi, Will SetWindowPos API helpful ? Regards, Paresh. "ZeroCool" wrote: > My window on starting the application is getting deactivated. > > While creating the dialog instead of passing...

Mails not showing up in Inbox folder
When I send mail to myself (Mailbox - Administrator) , the mail just appears in Sent Items, and never reaches my Inbox. Outlook is connected to Exchange server in cached mode no errors at all. What could be th reason for this? "Folder size" on Inbox reports 0 kb on "Local data" and 5 kb on "Server data" however Inbox is emtpy, no emails shown. "dpetrek" <delfincek28@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c820442b-d26e-49e4-8ffe-2777d4722385@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > When I send mail to myself (Mailbox - Administrator) , the mail just > ap...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-4 20...

not receiving certain e-mail
I am not receiving e-mail from a particular person. She says that the mail bounces back to her and says my computer thinks her mail is spam. I added her to the safe sender list, but she is still unable to e-mail me. How do I fix this? It is probably being bounced by your Internet mail service, not your vista mail client on your computer. You would need to go to the web entrance to your email on your server and fix the problem there. Michael "hilahila" <hilahila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9235937E-E14E-419B-9605-535640EF1D19@microsoft....

Moving Public Folders from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exc. Ser. 2003.
How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without connecting bother server on the same network? rekaman@gmail.com wrote in news:1144768961.479044.323920 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new > Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without > connecting bother server on the same network? Export them to PST? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thank you very mu...

How do i set up outlook to recieve gmail account e-mails?
I'm new to outlook. I tried these steps...1. Tools...2. E-mail account...3. Set up new e-mail account. I don't know what to do from there. Please help. "lentz22" <lentz22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC377E8B-C3DB-4926-9E6B-87C99339B879@microsoft.com... > I'm new to outlook. I tried these steps...1. Tools...2. E-mail > account...3. > Set up new e-mail account. > > I don't know what to do from there. Please help. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13276 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/an...

Rules which moves messages to other PSTs
Hi, I just got Outlook 2003 and i cant seem to find a way to make a rule that will send a message to a PST beside the defualt one? harryguy082589@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I just got Outlook 2003 and i cant seem to find a way to make a rule > that will send a message to a PST beside the defualt one? If the pst file is open in Outlook, then when you set up the rule, you will be able to navigate to a folder within that pst. I do this all the time..... -- Registered Linux User no 240308 to email me invalidate the invalid! I may be mistaken but I think this ability is added i...

From Field is blank for Sent E-mails moved to personal folder
When I move/store a Sent message to a personal folder, the From field is blank (at least in the view). If I actually open the message, it will show my name as the From field. Actually, I can't figure out exactly what is in the From field ... it displays blank and sorts to the beginning of the file, but if I try to build a new view field (formula type), I get no hits on either " " or NULL. How can I identify what value is in this field? Is this a bug? Previous versions of Outlook, always displayed my name as the From for all of my Sent E-mails. ...