Filter Out Key Words

Filter

What is your method to filter windows live mail?

The spammers use the same key words like pharmacy or drugs.  But the emails
come from different email addresses or servers.

Which email program will filter out 'Key Words' or is that possible?

Thanks from The New Orleans French Quarter

0
Dell
11/27/2009 8:12:46 AM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2736 articles. 8 followers. Follow

Word Wrapping in Excel #3
I want excel to adjust the height of the row correctly -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 If you've manually set the row height, choose Format/Row/Autofit to restore the default behavior. If instead you've got cells merged (which IMNSHO you shouldn't, but people do anyway), you'll need to use VBA. See Jim Rech's macro: http://google.com/groups?selm=uGMQV...

Help with Word
When typing an email or using Word the letters may random appear anywhere on the page. Appreciate any help with this issue. Laptop? Perhaps you're inadvertently brushing the touchpad with your thumb or sleeve, or the sensitivity of the touchpad may be set too high and just typing is enough to activate it. This will cause focus to be set to the current cursor location, which may be anywhere on the page - especially if you've accidentally brushed the touchpad. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "lmardis" <lmardis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Help: New dialog box when opening Word or Outlook
Starting in the last week or so I get the following message when opening Word or Outlook (which I have set to use Word as my mail composer): ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The document contains macros. Macro language support is currently disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available. Would you like to open this document read-only? OK Cancel Help ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am not opening a fil...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

vlookup for words content when there are duplicate values in the lookup-column
Hi, Would appreciate if someone help me here. Thanks in advance. When I vlookup Material1 to Material2 for the Project No, I get the vlookup Project No. as 222-56 for all the duplicate Material values. What formula to use so that when there are duplicate values in Material2, I want to have vlookup looking to match Project No. containg "AA" as 1st choice ? (if no Project No. containing "AA", then looks for its content "AB" and subsequently looks for "AC" if there is no "AB"). ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Material2 Duplicate? Project No...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Opening a word file opens "New" every time
Every time I open a file from a folder by double-clicking it opens as "New" and I'm unable to save it over the same file. In order to open it I have to right-click and click "open". The "New" opention from the drop down menu is also bolded. How do I change the default to "open" not "open new" ? -- Danish.inc First try the simple fix: Click the Windows Start menu and choose Run, type in winword /r (note the space before the slash), and click OK. That will rewrite Word's registry entries and may fix the pr...

How do I replace lost product key for free trial office 2007?
help-deleted email w free trial key numbers Then you are SOL. "mel" <mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99AC438F-28E6-49D2-A6D9-A6C2589243B5@microsoft.com... : help-deleted email w free trial key numbers ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

How do I change "Document Titile" in a word import template?
When I import a word document using a design set word import wizard I get all the formatting including a text box on each page sayying "document title." It's a 100 page document and I would like it to reflect the real name of the docuemen. I've tried to open the word import template to change it but it immediately wants a word docuemnt to import and won't let me open it as a template. I looked at the Personal Settings but there is nothing there foe docuemtn tittle??? Thanks. --Dick Sullivan Edit, find, type "document title" type your title in replace wi...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Word printing issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, new to MAC, switched from PC to MAC in December 2009. <br> Trying to simulate MS Publisher using MAC Word 2008. <br> Can only seem to get background colours to be effective at Print Preview stage, if I add a background colour in the Word document view first and then switch into Print Preview the background colour has disappeared and the same if I try to Print. <br><br>Any ideas? Check in Word>Preferences>Print>Options for this document only... What is your setting...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

Word as e-mail message editor
I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on my XP system and now I am unable to select Word 2002 as my e- mail editor. The mail format option is looking for Word 2003 but it is not installed on my computer I'm stuck with the HTML option. As expected. Versions must match. You cannot use another version of Word if you want to use WordMail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "AndyS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d701c428c5$6da62590$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on my XP > system and now I am unab...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...