Expanding Storage folder tree

I have a number of Storage folders and many subfolders. When I try to drag a
message to one of the storage folders, the folders almost instantly expands
to show all their subfolders as soon as I mouse over them. This results in a
huge cascade of folders I have to navigate around not to mention eventually
close. Is there anyway to slow down the speed with which the folders expand?

No...speed of display is not an option.

You can right click the message and use the copy or move function on the context menu

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"davebroxton" <davebroxton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EEB9AC2-19A3-4A3E-813E-7A0900BDB495@microsoft.com...
> I have a number of Storage folders and many subfolders. When I try to drag a
> message to one of the storage folders, the folders almost instantly expands
> to show all their subfolders as soon as I mouse over them. This results in a
> huge cascade of folders I have to navigate around not to mention eventually
> close. Is there anyway to slow down the speed with which the folders expand?
0
winston

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Outlook 2000-Probelm to move emails from inbox to Personal folder
Hi, We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. I tried to repaird pst file using scanpst.exe, but fail to solve this issue. Please let me know the solution for the same Thanks jignesh On 30 Apr 2004 08:42, "jignesh" <jt141974@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move >emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. > >I tried to repaird pst file using scanp...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

A tree control drap-drop question
Hi there, I'm adding the drag drop feature to my TreeCtrl, and want the drag image to be always created relative to the cursor position, just like the left pane of the Explorer. It looks like I'm grabbing the drag item exactly where the cursor is. The key point here is to calculate the offset between the cursor and the selected image, and use that as the hot spot (in the BeginDrag function call). The problem is that Windows doesn't have a function that returns a useful RECT of an item. GetItemRect returns a RECT with the "left" always being 0 when I pass a FALSE in the ...

Re-order Folder List
Does anyone know of a way to re-order the folder list on the left hand side of the Outlook view. The default is alphabetical - but can this be changed? Thanks for your help. Not possible, but you can use the Outlook Shortcut Bar and put shortcuts in the order you like, and then hide the folder list. Mark wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to re-order the folder list on > the left hand side of the Outlook view. The default is > alphabetical - but can this be changed? > > Thanks for your help. ...

storage units
how do i set storage units management in excel ...

Public Folder Has reached 16GB Limit in Exchange 2003 Std.
Hi - Our Public folder has reached its 16GB size limit and I wanted to know: 1. Can I increase it w/ a registry fix to 17GB (I heard there was a way to do this). 2. Can I create multiple public folders and balance the data load among them? Is that possible w/ Exchange 2003 Std.? Thanks for any help! - Tony I'm not sure if the registry fix applies to the PF store or not, but it would be worth a shot... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813051 - simply substitute public for private under the steps to create the registry key. As far as #2, creating multiple public folders won&...

Loop folder
Hi all! I would like to create a script to read the contents of a folder. The contents of this folder is "dynamic" in that it can change the structure. Do I have to read all files in all possible subfolders (may be multiple levels). It 'can make a script like this or should I block the creation of subfolders to a maximum level of X? Sorry for my bad english!!! Thank you all! Solved by this script! strFolder = "C:\test" set objFSO = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") GetFiles strFolder sub GetFiles(byval strDirectory) se...

outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder
Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 (x64). Does anyone have a suggestion? What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in your profile? -- "Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B520073D-802C-4713-AE83-30C22F37FF5C@microsoft.com... > Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my > outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I hav...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Which Identities folders to keep in the MUD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Have successfully installed and updated Office 2008 over 2004. In the Microsoft User Data folder there are now three Identities folders. Identities 388KB Office 2004 Identities 91MB Office 2008 Identities 94MB All seems well with 2008, so can I trash the 2004 Identities folder. And is the 388KB Identities folder a throwback to Word X, or Office X from long ago? Or what is it, please? "Identities" is for Outlook Express 5, a Classic application from before Entourage was released. If everything is working wit...

via 2000 Access to retrievel data from 2000 outlook public folder
Dear Helpers, I am using MS 2000 outlook. My company stores all the products and service guidelines in the public folder located at outlook. Every week there are updates of products and service guidelines where I need to check for those guidelines to support the sales teams and back office. The structure is as follows: +Public Folder +Products Folder +Product 100 +Product 101 +Product 102……. +Services Folder +Service 100 +Service 101 +Service 102…… Each product or service is made into a new subfolder and there further subfolders when there are product mo...

Print folder
Is there a way to print all of the messages in an Inbox folder ? In article <Y1V2m.3319$bq1.2638@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com>, jangro@pacbell.net says... > Is there a way to print all of the messages in an Inbox folder ? Just select them (all). Then print them. When posting, please give the group some information! - Outlook version, OS, etc. -- Duncan Select all, print? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.ou...

2 Storage limit questions
I have a few situations where people can't send and get the over the limit message even thought the haven't hit their mailbox limit yet, so I have bee trying to figure it out, and it has brought up 2 questions to me. 1st question is, when I go into System Manager and look at people's mailboxes in a storage group, and I select the view menu and choose add columns, and add the deleted items column - Is that deleted items that are still sitting in their outlook deleted items, or is that column for deleted item retention after they have emptied it in outlook. The next question i...

deleting emails from deleted items folder
Hi, am unable to delete emails from deleted items and junk mail folders. Please help? colucol Hello Colucol, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below should be able to help you delete this possible stuck message. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html Hope this helps, Shawn colucol;1215689 Wrote: > Hi, > > am unable to delete emails from deleted items and junk mail folders. > > Please help? > > colucol -- Brink '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' (https://mvp.suppor...

Symbols (Icons) in Sent Folder
I can't seem to find reference to the symbols used in the Sent folder. 1. Specifically, in the "Sort by: Icon" column, I'd like to know what the open envelope with the blue "i" in a circle means. I notice that this never appears for mail sent out of the office, but it may or may not appear for mail sent to individuals in the office and in the mailbox. I also noticed that the sent items with that symbol have a tracking tab, while those without the "i" do not - so I'm assuming they may be related. If so, I can understand why I can't tra...

Corrupt contacts folder?
Has anyone run across an issue when clicking on the contacts folder in outlook that it immediately creates an error message and restarts. I believe that the folder must be corrupt, but because it is a "special" folder I cannot delete it and recreate it. If it is a corrupt contact, I cant get in the folder to delete it. How can I delete the contacts folder or is there a better solution. I am using Exchange 2000 on Win 2000 Server and Outlook XP as the client. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance Jim Using an Exchange mailbox >-----Original Messag...

public folder recovery #3
Can a public folder, or public folder data be recovered through deleted item retention. Or is there another way to recover public folder info other than a brick level backup. Currently, i have deleted item recovery set for 7 days. Deleted mailbox recovery is set for 30 days. Does this only address the private store though. Thanks Yes. Public Folders can be recovered the same way. Choosing the Parent PF, then choosing Recover Deleted Items should show the deleted folder, but I believe you have to have the DumpsterAlwaysOn reg key on your computer in order to do this. -- Ben Winze...

Removing Personal Folder to the Folder List
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any folder that is no longer your default. If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you set a new folder as your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] ltamisin wrote: &...

a rather odd problem with the tasks folder
We're running a combination mail/terminal server running exchange 2k. All of the clients are outlook 2k. If you create a new task and insert an item (Insert->Item in outlook) from a puiblic list of contacts then wait untill monday, the link to the contact has polymorphed into a *.bmp file which looks like the icon as it was on friday. I realy haven't got a clue wether this is the server or the client, but it is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. -Royce ...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...

Counts for Mail Folders
Under an older version of Outlook it would automatically count how many messages I had in my various folders (In Box, Deleted, Sent, etc.). With Outlook 2003 is there a way I can have it count. All I could find in the threads is how to set it up to count Unread Mail. For example, I used to be able to highlight a message in my In Box and it would read 12 of 25 or whatever. Help is appreciated. Thanks. There are two ways. First, the Status bar (down on the bottom of the Outlook window) should always list the number of items in the folder. If you don't see the status bar, select ...

Folder Permission frustration
Im strugging with trying to remove some folders that will not let me remove them as administrator. I have read tons of stuff on this but find it confusing. I admit that even in school I never quite got permissions. When I try to go into say folder3 it says Access is denied. Ok so, then I go to properties and the only two tabs I have available to me are General and Customize. Nothing else. The attributes for this folder are Grey / Read-Only. I cant seem to make it un-Read only. When I try to make it un-read only it says Access denied. Ok so then I go to Folder2 above Folder 3....

Public Folder replication problems #3
Hello. We are running an exchange environment with LAN and WAN locations. I run into a strange problem. On 2 WAN locations my public folders won't replicate even if I say "Send Contents" or set rplication to always run every with 1 minute interval. I tried to create a public folder using the ESM on the Wan server and another one using ESM on another server on main location and I can see each folder on each location but not both on both locations if you know what I mean. If I expand "Public Folder Store" on the problem server and go to "Replication Status&q...

Outlook 2003
I am running Exchange Server 2000 with the latest service packs and hot fixes. I have three users who are running Outlook 2003. They are able to browse the public folder tree, however, if they try to open an item within any of these folders they receive an access denied error message. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Robin Tortora Charles River Development ...