Errors with Verizon POP3

I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
account.  The following is an error report:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10060

The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.

This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
occurred with the AOL account.

Nissi1

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:47:29 -0500, Nissi1 wrote:

> I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> occurred with the AOL account.

The error you are showing is for the incoming server connection. Server time
out, based on an Internet search on the socket error. Failure to connect
with the server, based on an Internet search on the WLMail Error ID.

Could be a firewall issue, or an AV scanner issue.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Also see the following

Peter

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> occurred with the AOL account.

Peter
12/24/2009 6:15:55 PM
If it's an intermittent error, it could be a temporary problem with the
mail server.

In the last week I had that happen a number of times with Yahoo.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account.
> The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar
> situation
> occurred with the AOL account.

Michael
12/24/2009 7:35:03 PM
I'm not so sure that server supports advanced ports and/or SSL.
Try these settings:
Incoming port: 110, no SSL.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email=20
> account.  The following is an error report:
>=20
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. =
The=20
> connection to the server has failed.
>=20
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>=20
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>=20
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar =
situation=20
> occurred with the AOL account.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>=20

0
Gary
12/24/2009 9:16:43 PM
For some reason over the past month I have had problems with each one of my
accounts in Windows Live Mail.  Two weeks ago it was Gmail which caused the
other accounts outgoing mail to get stuck in the Outbox.  I wrote to this
Newsgroup concerning it, but everything cleared up after I removed the Gmail
account.

Last week the AOL account also had problems with incoming mail.  It finally
cleared up on its own.  Now this week it is the Verizon account which is
having the same problem.  All the settings, except the Outgoing port which
was changed from 25 to 587 two months ago, are the same today as they were a
year ago when I started using WLM.  This is annoying.

I do not use an AV scanner, whatever that is, and I have used the same
firewall for over a year.  I will change the setting suggested by Gary and
see if that helps.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Have a Merry Christmas.

--

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
I'm not so sure that server supports advanced ports and/or SSL.
Try these settings:
Incoming port: 110, no SSL.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> occurred with the AOL account.

Nissi1
12/25/2009 1:47:49 AM
I changed the incoming port to 110 and unchecked the SSL.  Once I clicked
Apply and OK, emails in the Verizon account immediately downloaded.

Thank you Gary and again Merry Christmas!

--

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
account.  The following is an error report:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10060

The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.

This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
occurred with the AOL account.

Nissi1
12/25/2009 2:01:01 AM
My current verizon.net setting which are working fine:
Outgoing
Outgoing.verizon.net
SMTP, port 25
NOT SSL required

Incoming
incoming.verizon.net
POP3 port 110
NOT SSL required

Win7, WIndow Mail Live, connected via Verizon ISP FIOS

Michael

> I changed the incoming port to 110 and unchecked the SSL.  Once I clicked
> Apply and OK, emails in the Verizon account immediately downloaded.
>
> Thank you Gary and again Merry Christmas!
>
> --
>

> "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> occurred with the AOL account.

Michael
12/25/2009 2:17:05 AM
What AntiVirus(AV) software is installed ?

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

> For some reason over the past month I have had problems with each one =
of my
> accounts in Windows Live Mail.  Two weeks ago it was Gmail which =
caused the
> other accounts outgoing mail to get stuck in the Outbox.  I wrote to =
this
> Newsgroup concerning it, but everything cleared up after I removed the =
Gmail
> account.
>
> Last week the AOL account also had problems with incoming mail.  It =
finally
> cleared up on its own.  Now this week it is the Verizon account which =
is
> having the same problem.  All the settings, except the Outgoing port =
which
> was changed from 25 to 587 two months ago, are the same today as they =
were a
> year ago when I started using WLM.  This is annoying.
>
> I do not use an AV scanner, whatever that is, and I have used the same
> firewall for over a year.  I will change the setting suggested by Gary =
and
> see if that helps.
>
> Thank you all for your assistance.
>
> Have a Merry Christmas.
>
> --=20
>

> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm not so sure that server supports advanced ports and/or SSL.
> Try these settings:
> Incoming port: 110, no SSL.
>
> --=20
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
>> account.  The following is an error report:
>>
>> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. =
The
>> connection to the server has failed.
>>
>> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 995
>> Secure(SSL): Yes
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>>
>> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar =
situation
>> occurred with the AOL account.
>>

>> --=20

0
winston
12/25/2009 4:36:36 AM
Glad to hear it.
Merry Christmas, Nissi.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I changed the incoming port to 110 and unchecked the SSL.  Once I =
clicked=20
> Apply and OK, emails in the Verizon account immediately downloaded.
>=20
> Thank you Gary and again Merry Christmas!
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
> I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>=20
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. =
The
> connection to the server has failed.
>=20
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>=20
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>=20
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar =
situation
> occurred with the AOL account.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>=20

0
Gary
12/25/2009 5:42:32 AM
In article <OqeTFjLhKHA.5528@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
 "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> account.  The following is an error report:
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
>
> This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> occurred with the AOL account.

I don't believe that Port 995 will work - it might.

Verizon only closed off Port 25 on its mail servers and connecting
nodes.

For verizon mail you need to use Port 587 for sending (SMTP) mail
(outgoing.verizon.net).

As far as I know Incoming POP3 remains on Port 110.  At least that is
how I am set.

Note that Verizon's instructions to use Port 587 for outgoing mail is
only valid for their systems.  If you connect to a mail system other
than Verizon you need to use what ever alternativ eport they tell you.

For Gmail its Port 465.

For my own Web and Mail host its Port 26.
In article <OQFcARQhKHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
 "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For some reason over the past month I have had problems with each one of my
> accounts in Windows Live Mail.  Two weeks ago it was Gmail which caused the
> other accounts outgoing mail to get stuck in the Outbox.  I wrote to this
> Newsgroup concerning it, but everything cleared up after I removed the Gmail
> account.

This won't make you feel any better, but I also connect with Verizon
via DSL.

Last week I had mail bounce back at me which was sent to a known-good
address.

The bounce message looked suspicious so I ran a check on the IP
addresses that were contained in the bounce message.

It said that my recipient was a business in Florida - when in fact it
was a Road Runner home account in Texas.  It also claimed that my
sending IP was Yahoo in Japan.

Clearly there was a problem on the net someplace.

Sadly this has been a regular issue for myself and my correspondent in
Texas - so much so that we now CC a Gmail address we each have just to
be certain.

Someone's DNS is screwed up - and on a regular basis.
In article <uDAGdhQhKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
 "Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote:

> My current verizon.net setting which are working fine:
> Outgoing
> Outgoing.verizon.net
> SMTP, port 25
> NOT SSL required
>
> Incoming
> incoming.verizon.net
> POP3 port 110
> NOT SSL required
>
> Win7, WIndow Mail Live, connected via Verizon ISP FIOS
>
> Michael

You may wish to consider switching to Port 587 for SMTP.  It may
already be active in your area.

Verizon is slowly rolling out a Port 25 block system wide and is doing
that region-by-region.

People are supposed to get a notice by e-mail when this happens but
not everyone is getting notified.

In my case I am a regular at DSL Reports and a Verizon "alt" group
used by customers so I knew this was coming, so one day when I woke up
and mail refused to go anyplace I was able to quickly change the ports
and go right along.

Note that the Port 25 block is effecting ALL MAIL even mail that is
destine for servers external to Verizon's system.  If you use any mail
other than Verizon's you will need to contact that system/ISP/service
to see what other ports are available.  Many will have a second port
activated.

If not, you're SOL Charlie.
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:40:42 -0500, D. Kirkpatrick wrote:

> In article <OQFcARQhKHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
>  "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> For some reason over the past month I have had problems with each one of my
>> accounts in Windows Live Mail.  Two weeks ago it was Gmail which caused the
>> other accounts outgoing mail to get stuck in the Outbox.  I wrote to this
>> Newsgroup concerning it, but everything cleared up after I removed the Gmail
>> account.

> This won't make you feel any better, but I also connect with Verizon
> via DSL.
>
> Last week I had mail bounce back at me which was sent to a known-good
> address.
>
> The bounce message looked suspicious so I ran a check on the IP
> addresses that were contained in the bounce message.
>
> It said that my recipient was a business in Florida - when in fact it
> was a Road Runner home account in Texas.  It also claimed that my
> sending IP was Yahoo in Japan.
>
> Clearly there was a problem on the net someplace.

I'd have to see those IP addresses. I can think of a rational explanation
for the general concept of a geolocator error. Assuming you used
geolocation, and not an ARIN Whois lookup.

> Sadly this has been a regular issue for myself and my correspondent in
> Texas - so much so that we now CC a Gmail address we each have just to
> be certain.
>
> Someone's DNS is screwed up - and on a regular basis.

Not very likely at all.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
Ckeck Tools, Accounts, Propertys, Servers. The mail settings for Verizon are
incoming.verizon.net & outgoing.verizon.net. make sure it's set to pop 3.
Also, some 3rd party virus programs, (like Spy Sweeper) prevent mail to work.
In your virus protection go to shields & turn off the e-mail scanning. Hope
this helps.

"D. Kirkpatrick" wrote:

> In article <OqeTFjLhKHA.5528@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
>  "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> > account.  The following is an error report:
> >
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> > connection to the server has failed.
> >
> > Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 995
> > Secure(SSL): Yes
> > Socket Error: 10060
> >
> > The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
> >
> > This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> > occurred with the AOL account.
>

> I don't believe that Port 995 will work - it might.
>
> Verizon only closed off Port 25 on its mail servers and connecting
> nodes.
>
> For verizon mail you need to use Port 587 for sending (SMTP) mail
> (outgoing.verizon.net).
>
> As far as I know Incoming POP3 remains on Port 110.  At least that is
> how I am set.
>
> Note that Verizon's instructions to use Port 587 for outgoing mail is
> only valid for their systems.  If you connect to a mail system other
> than Verizon you need to use what ever alternativ eport they tell you.
>
> For Gmail its Port 465.
>
> For my own Web and Mail host its Port 26.
> .

Check Tools, Accounts, Property's, Servers. The mail setting's for Verizon is
incoming.verizon.net & outgoing.verizon.net. Also some 3rd party virus
prograams (like Spy Sweeper) can affect mail. Open your virus protection, go
to the shields settings & disable e-mail scanning. Hope this helps.

"D. Kirkpatrick" wrote:

> In article <OqeTFjLhKHA.5528@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
>  "Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email
> > account.  The following is an error report:
> >
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The
> > connection to the server has failed.
> >
> > Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 995
> > Secure(SSL): Yes
> > Socket Error: 10060
> >
> > The Outgoing port has been changed to 587.
> >
> > This has been occurring since yesterday.  Last week a similar situation
> > occurred with the AOL account.
>

> I don't believe that Port 995 will work - it might.
>
> Verizon only closed off Port 25 on its mail servers and connecting
> nodes.
>
> For verizon mail you need to use Port 587 for sending (SMTP) mail
> (outgoing.verizon.net).
>
> As far as I know Incoming POP3 remains on Port 110.  At least that is
> how I am set.
>
> Note that Verizon's instructions to use Port 587 for outgoing mail is
> only valid for their systems.  If you connect to a mail system other
> than Verizon you need to use what ever alternativ eport they tell you.
>
> For Gmail its Port 465.
>
> For my own Web and Mail host its Port 26.
> .

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

error 0x800CCC0F

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

error messages #3
I had the error message... > cannot SKU011.cab I soved this by following the instructions listed here. > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/Profile/?referrer=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.msdn.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fvssetup%2fthread%2f5493e068-01d3-4e96-a9b1-58020bc94e69%2f&rh=YI7rGXc4iv4rR%2b2JUZeQQv4OEnxWySPD0w%2bJjbDQwzE%3d > Then I received the error message... > 1311 source not found C:\MSOCache\All > Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-015204838309\PA561401.CAB > I do not have the install disks for Microsoft Office Professional 2003. My > computer was build by som...

Pub error
I get the following message whenever I scan photos in Corel Photopaint and copy paste into Pub 2003. Happens on all my computers. Happens after scanning about 6 pictures or so. Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete the task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available, delete some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it. Then try this task again. Is there a way to correct this? Scan your p...

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50" Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am playing with this product. Thanks, Abid, You m...

Error Checking & Break Point Failure
I have a database (FE + BE) in A2000 which has suffered some corruption (I think). The problem is that the Break Point facility no longer works. I can enter a break point (the line goes brown) but when the code executes the break point is ignored. Other databases on the same hard disk seem to work OK. So far I have done the following :- Compiled the code, no errors shown. Decompiled the database file. Compacted and Repaired the file. Tried the JETCOMP facility from MS. Looked at Allen Browne's site but could not see anything relevant. I have reverted to my back up copies from 1 and 2 wee...