empty in box

How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I can't
find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks, Linda

Highlight one message header. Ctrl+A will highlight them all. Shift |
Delete will bypass Deleted Items.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I
> can't
> find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks,
> Linda

0
Bruce
8/21/2010 5:06:34 PM
Left click first message, then Shift-left click last message... All between
should be selected.

or

Click anywhere in the Inbox, and "Ctrl-A" to select all

or

Click anywhere in the Inbox, and then Edit/Select All from menu

Once everything is selected, move to where you prefer.

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I
> can't
> find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks,
> Linda

0
Magnus
8/21/2010 5:47:10 PM
Just about all Windows programs use the same procedure to select
multiple items. Bruce and Magnus gave you the keyboard ones.
You can also click Edit, Select all. If you don't see the menu bar, press
the Alt key first.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Linda"  wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com...

How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I can't
find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks, Linda

0
Gary
8/21/2010 7:06:04 PM
I forgot to mention, I have Windows 7......so there is no edit, file, in the
toolbar....so I can't find access to "select all".
thanks for the reply, maybe this clarifies my question.
linda

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Just about all Windows programs use the same procedure to select
> multiple items. Bruce and Magnus gave you the keyboard ones.
> You can also click Edit, Select all. If you don't see the menu bar, press
> the Alt key first.

> "Linda"  wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com...
>
> How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I can't
> find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks, Linda
>

> .

Linda:

The "missing Menu Bar - one ya want", is recent innovation of MS(?).  If
you're talking about it missing in Windows' Live Mail (most other [newer]
programs) you can usually get it by: clicking on the Menu Icon - far
right/upper bar - next to Blue Question mark.  Reverse the Show/Hide Menu Bar
and ya'll be back to normal; and Select All will be under Edit in the Menu -
- even in Win-7.  - dlc

"Linda" wrote:

> I forgot to mention, I have Windows 7......so there is no edit, file, in the
> toolbar....so I can't find access to "select all".
> thanks for the reply, maybe this clarifies my question.
> linda
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > Just about all Windows programs use the same procedure to select
> > multiple items. Bruce and Magnus gave you the keyboard ones.
> > You can also click Edit, Select all. If you don't see the menu bar, press
> > the Alt key first.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >
> > "Linda"  wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com...
> >
> > How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I can't
> > find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks, Linda
> >

> > .

Nothing to do with Win7.  Just the 2009 version of WLM.

Ctrl-A is the standard Select All short cut key that works in most
Windows programs.

You can use ALT+E to get the Edit menu.

Microsoft has chosen to hide the menu bar by default.  If you want to
permanently display the menu bar, toward the right hand end of the tool
bar is an icon of a cursor pointing to a drop down menu.  Hovering the
cursor over that will display "Menus (ALT+M)".  Click that and you can
turn the menu bar on or off

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

> I forgot to mention, I have Windows 7......so there is no edit, file,
> in the
> toolbar....so I can't find access to "select all".
> thanks for the reply, maybe this clarifies my question.
> linda
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> Just about all Windows programs use the same procedure to select
>> multiple items. Bruce and Magnus gave you the keyboard ones.
>> You can also click Edit, Select all. If you don't see the menu bar,
>> press
>> the Alt key first.
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>
>> "Linda"  wrote in message
>>
>> How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?
>> I can't
>> find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?
>> Thanks, Linda
>>

>> .

0
Michael

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Just about all Windows programs use the same procedure to select
> multiple items. Bruce and Magnus gave you the keyboard ones.
> You can also click Edit, Select all. If you don't see the menu bar, press
> the Alt key first.

> "Linda"  wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com...
>
> How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first?  I can't
> find a "select all" choice.  Can anyone share how to do this?  Thanks, Linda
>

> .

0
Gary
8/21/2010 8:48:54 PM
Left click first message, then Shift+End   (This eliminates the moving to
the end of the messages.)
All between will be selected.

-- Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Magnus"  wrote in message news:u3cavjVQLHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Left click first message, then Shift-left click last message... All between
should be selected.

snipped

0
Ron

combo box value based on if
I have a unbound control on a form that calculates the Qty remaining on a PO release. In the subform I have an bound combobox (cboReleaseStatus) with its rowsource based on an OrderStatus table and displays PO status options (open, closed, or canceled - with a hidden statusID column). I would like cboReleaseStatus to update based on the value in the QtyRemainingOnRelease control. I have this code in place, but it isn’t working….where have I gone wrong? Private Sub ReleaseStatus_AfterUpdate() If [subF_ReceivedGoods].Form![QtyRemainingOnRelease] <= 0 Then Me.ReleaseStatus = ...

comment box with date
Is there a way to have a comment automatically open with the days date next to the user name? You could use a simple macro like this and add it to a button on a toolbar: Sub InsertComment() With ActiveCell .AddComment .Comment.Text Text:="name" & Chr(10) & _ Format(Now, "mm/dd/yy") & Chr(10) .Comment.Visible = True End With End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to have a comment automatically open with >the days date next to the user name? >. > ...

Empty the Inbox
Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down the Cntrl key? Just used the laptop after several months, and it downloaded all the old emails on the server. Using Windows Outlook Express. -- kbob This is not the Outlook Express newsgroup, but anyway: If you want to delete all the Inbox messages, highlight one header viewing in the Preview Pane, and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. Delete all in one motion. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "k. bob" <kbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Text box and "Enter"
Hi, I have a text box on a form which is linked to a memo field in a table. As I enter data in the text box if I press "Enter" it leaves the text box and goes to the next item on my form. Can't you use an Enter within a text box? I want to format the data as I enter it for printing later. Thanks, Phil Phillip wrote: >I have a text box on a form which is linked to a memo field in a table. As >I enter data in the text box if I press "Enter" it leaves the text box and >goes to the next item on my form. Can't you use an Enter within a text ...

Looping until empty column
Here is my dilemma. I can do VBA in Access, but for some reason I jus don't get it in excel. What I want to do is go down a column and stor that info in a variable. I want this to happen untill there is no mor data. Once I have that data I want to go to another page and store th data in an empty column. I want the program to auto. find the empt column. Thank You in advance. thegu -- thegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theguz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

how to create a modified box plot
How do you create a box plot within excel? Hi Steph, Maybe the easiest way is to use the stock chart High-Low-Open-Close. I could write out all the steps but here is a web site with some examples: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#B -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "steph4432" wrote: > How do you create a box plot within excel? ...

pst file appears empty
Hello all! I have a 450 MB pst file, that appears empty in OL98. I have run scanpst several times, did not help. I changed the first byte of the file from 21 to 00 with a hex editor and ran scanpst, it did report errors, fixed them and still no help. I tried exmerge, which reported succesful import, but did not actually retrieve anything from the pst file. Mdbvu32 also shows that the stuff is in there. It seems that the problem is quite common, but does anyone have a solution, how to fix it. Please help! Harri ...

text box LINK #2
How do you link a text box so that you type a heading one time, but it also appears automatically in another text box within the document? Not sure if link is the correct word? I am using Publisher 2002. Thanks. You cannot. You can also copy and paste the Text Frame many times. You can create a Merge file if you have many to do. "Elena" <Elena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:499CAE09-F0A0-400B-AA03-5302E7F026BB@microsoft.com... > How do you link a text box so that you type a heading one time, but it > also > appears automatically in another ...

Empty Cell not empty
If I use the following formula: =IF(B25="","",B25+C25) in Column U all the way down to Row 20000 to create a new value... (Column B has a date and Column C has a Time) and then copy and paste Column U to Column T as values, I see empty cells in Column T once my data runs out (presently around Row 40. However....if I use the CountA function,it is telling me that I have data in Column T all the way down to Row 20000. Since this combined Date/Time is being used as X Axis data it is screwing up the graph because Excel thinks those cells are Jan 1, 1900 when in fact...

Printing a Chart with a Text Box
I am trying to print out a chart with a text box labeling a specific data point. If I select the entire sheet to print, the data, the chart, and the text box will print. However, when I select only the chart to print (which is what I want), the text box remains with the sheet, and does not appear with the chart. I believe this is an issue with "background/foreground", so I grouped the chart and the text box together, but this still did not work. Is there any advice out there? Thanks. You didn't add the textbox to the chart, you added it to the sheet. If you prin...

Empty Excel file is too large
I have deleted all sheets, and contents from my excel file, but it's still 2Meg in size. When I zip it, it's only 90K Bytes. (A blank excel file is usually 90K Bytes) Why is my empty file so large? It was originally 5 Meg, and I deleted all sheets, formulas, and VB codes. Right now there is nothing (except one empty sheet), but the size is still 2M. Please respond. Sometimes what I find is that Excel counts unused rows as part of the file size. So what I do is highlight all the rows from the first unused one to the last one, i.e. ctrl+g to bring up the goto box, then Ax:a65536,...

Excel Links removed but now file not found dialogue box appears.
I used the Excel Add-in for removing links hidden in the workbook. I must have really done something wrong, because now when I open a file that previously contained links, the "file not found" dialog appears with a file name that is probably what the links were referring to. AFter I click on cancel the box disappears and the file is usable with no problem. I would like to get rid of this message. I can't seem to find anything in the startup folders, nor do my macros seem to be affecting this. I also went and in deleted the add-in file. Nothing seemed to work. Can anyone help me?...

Contacts dialogue box shows up empty
I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email, and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty. Thanks in advance, Jay Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Jay" <nospam_doctorpep...

Combo Box Setup
I have a subform that contains a combo box. When you select one item from the combo box drop down, it appears that the combo box setup will not default to another line once one is selected. You select an Item from the combo box and a new record line does not fall. Do I need to change a setting somewhere? Is it possible that the combo box is unbound? In that case you are not creating a new record when you choose a value. Doug "Pass-the-reality" <Passthereality@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B5AF1E0-8F53-49BC-BBF5-6E72CFEA4CFB@microsoft.com... &...

ignoring empty???
Hi all, one of my students presented me with the following: "I get a list from another application. There is a column that has either value "yes" or looks like empty. Now, when I want to jump to the next row that has value "yes" I use the shortcut key Ctrl+ArrowDown. However, sometimes when a cell looks like empty there may be a space, with the result that when I need to jump to the next "yes" cell I end up in a cell that has a space. (one that looks empty) So, I used the function Trim to get rid of all the superfluous spaces in an extra column. And al...

list box remove item
I have a list box which datasource link to a query. I would like to remove item when user click a button to add this item in another list. It seems that I need delete physical records to remove the item in the list box. If I am right, the only possibility is to use value list ad datasource, but not a table or a query. Your information is great appreciated, On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:20:13 -0700 (PDT), iccsi <inungh@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a list box which datasource link to a query. >I would like to remove item when user click a button to add this item >in anot...

make dialog box bigger
When I'm designing a new query and the show table dialog opens, is there a way to make the dialog box bigger? If I have two or more tables with long names and are similar, I can't determine which table or query to choose. I tried to grab the corner/edges and resize the box and it won't let me. I ran across the same issue when doing a crosstab....dialog box isn't very big. There must be a setting or something I can change but I can't find it. Guess what? There is no way to resize the dialog box. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop ...

To: box is blank
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7D80A.C71C6D30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Automatic fill-in on "To:" line results in a blank line with no address = in Outlook 2002 SP3. Suggestions welcome. Bob ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7D80A.C71C6D30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DCont...

empty in box
How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I can't find a "select all" choice. Can anyone share how to do this? Thanks, Linda Highlight one message header. Ctrl+A will highlight them all. Shift | Delete will bypass Deleted Items. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com... > How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I > can't > f...

Calculations with empty fields
I have a report that is calculating total elapsed time between dates. I have the calculation working fine if all fields are filled in. However, out of necessity there will always be fields that are not filled in yet (because the orders have not yet arrived, shipped, etc.). I am (of course) getting the #error result for all of these cases. I would like for these fields to remain blank until the orders have arrived, shipped, etc. I am pretty sure that I need to use .hasdata, but can not quite get it to work. My expression for the calculated fields is below. =Workdays([Firs...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

Comment box
When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way t get rid of this so that the box is completely empty -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi tghcogo! Tools > Options > General Delete the existing User Name, and type a new entry OK Be aware that this is an Office setting and will impact upon other Office programs. You might want to change it back before exiting Excel. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "tghcogo >" <<tghcogo.18puzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Excel Combo Box #2
I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten different selections. The combo box is linked to a cell. I want the selection in the combo box displayed in the linked cell. What I get know is the line number. How do I correct this? Instead of using the combo on the forms toolbar, try using the combo on the control toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox) and then set the look up range and linked cell from the combo's properties. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten >different selections. The combo box is linked ...

When printing a document on deskjet an empty page comes out
I try to print an Excel document on an HP Desjet 3820 printer, but both print prewiew and printout are blank. When checking the print area my data shows correctly. Clear print area, then reslect the area. D -- Donal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Donald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1517 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26841 I'm sorry, it didn't work to clear the print area. I'm still grateful for more ideas! best/sanna Donald's suggestion usuall...

List Box Options
I'm designing a form that's used for tracking training for various individuals, and their names were added to the simple list box. My question is how do I show the selected names from the list box in the database column marked "Names"? All I wnt to accomplish when I'm done is a report that shows how many trainings each individual attended the date of the trainings an it's topic. -- Scott Scott: Your going to have to have a criteria in order to tell it what you want done. "Scott" wrote: > I'm designing a form that's used for tracking ...