Doubled Downloaded Emails

I'm a new involuntary convert from OE6 WinXP to WLMD Win 7.  On both
programs I set up my accounts.  I use two email addresses - let's call
them PT@xyz.COM and PT@xyz.US.  My WLM shows the two accounts (inbox,
junk mail, deleted, etc..) one above the other.

But when I get new messages (by clicking Synch all email account) all
the downloaded messages appear identically in the inbox or junk mail
folders of both accounts.

Since 95% of my messages arrive in the PT.com address, my OE6 was
configured with a mail rule to move all such messages to a created
folder for them.

Is there a way to do this?
0
PT
1/6/2010 10:44:30 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 8 followers. Follow

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

email attachment
Received email with excel attachment. I have excel 2002 and am really a newby on excel. When i try to open attachment it says the qpw.:file format not valid. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Sherrie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ QPW is a Quattro Pro Project file. I am not sure what that is, but the following link explains what file formats are supported by Excel 2002. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291051&P...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Receiving email from exchange server 2003
Hi Everyone I have installed Exchange Server 2003, setup all email accounts and can email fine from all terminals from outlook, but can not receive email back to any accounts. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks Barry > What am I doing wrong? 1) Does your MX record for your domain point back to your Exchange server's IP? 2) Did you set the external domain as the primary in recipient policy? -- David L. West http://www.deskoptional.com ...

Setting Email options when using Data Collection via Email
I am using a macro to initiate the Data Collection via Email routine and I would like to add a reminder to the email before it is sent to the recipients. When using the collect new data option in the wizard, it allows this as you have to type in the recipient address into outlook. When using the update existing data option in the wizard the email is automatically sent therefore bypassing the opportunity. Is there any way achieve this when updating existing data? thank you, Michael ...

Emails directly to Exchange instead
Hello to all, Just a quick question really. Why do many organisations have email that goes to their ISP and then routed to the Exchange Server at their organisation, rather than directly to the Exchange Server? What steps or configurations need to be applied to have email go directly to the Exchange Server? Many thanks for any answers, Jeff Depends on what you mean. Some companies use their ISP as a relay. If the Exchange server or internet connection goes down, the email just sits at the ISP waiting for delivery rather than depending on the sending hosts to deliver it. Others use a ...

Delay in receiving Email #2
We recently upgraded all of our workstations to Win XP w/SP2. They are running Office 2000 w/Outlook 2K. Since the upgrade I have several clients complaining that there is a delay of up to 15 minutes before they receive their incoming email. I have tested this and have proven this to be true. I can send an email to the person sitting next to me, it shows up in my sent items, meaning that it handed it off to the server. I can check the server and nothing appears in the queues. Has anyone experienced this before? Again they are using Outlook 2000 with XP Pro SP2. Do you have the lates...

OK you Exchange Experts........Undeliverable internal emails
This is with Exchange 2003 on Win2000 Server. I created a new user (Smith, John) this morning.Users cannot send emails to Smith, John when his name is selected from the Global Address Book. But if I type his email address in (jsmith@company.com) then it will go. What gives??? Here's the error message I get: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: This is another test Sent: 2/23/2005 2:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Smith, John on 2/23/2005 2:57 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the ...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

one email address for each contact...
hi community... I wish to send multiple emails to a 'distribution list' with one email address listed for each contact in the 'To' field. when I try this ALL the contacts email address' are shown for everyone. all help greatly appreciated and I thank all for your help and time with advice. best regards. Paul. Why are you enclosing your terms in quotation marks? Why not tell us exactly what you want to do using terms we all understand? Everyone knows that you would never use a 'distribution list' to do send individualized messages. What...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Weird email addresses
I have some trouble with our emailingsystem. Some messages are not delivered and some messages take a very long time to reach its destination. We use outlook 2000 and and Exchange server 2000 that was included in Small Business Server 2000. When I send a TO or CC to a person within the same domain it sometimes does not reach him. And if it does and you open the message, right click on his name and then choose email addresses the following is displayed. X400: c=us;a= ;p=[our company];o=Exchange; s=[my lastname];= Linus; SMTP: linus@ourcompany.com smtp: linus@yahoo.com WHAT DO THEY MEAN YAH...

email sending problems #4
When i try to send emails from one of my accounts(i have two) I get an error message saying "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" and my email message isn't sent. What does this mean and has anyone encounterd this problem and corrected it. Thank you, John Sounds like relaying issue. Is the email account correctly setup for the ISP you're connected to? Or are you trying to send mail thru ISP-B SMTP mail server while connected to ISP-A network? "bigboss" <bigboss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5630282E-D0F...

Find emails in Finder using Time Machine?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi- <br><br>I apologize but I really don't understand Entourage so bear with me. I had to erase and install everything on my Mac. I have many Time Machine backups of my Mac. I reinstalled Entourage 2008 and got it working with Exchange with no problems. What I am missing are the emails that did NOT sit on the Exchange server but rather were on my hard drive. Please tell me where (in my Time Machine backups) are the local emails located so I can drag them to *same* folder on my...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Remote Email
I have a user that uses a Win XP laptop in the office and when he is home or on the road would like to still use the Microsoft Outlook 2003 as opposed to the OWA outlook, what do I need to setup so that either in the office or out of the office the user has the functionality of the Outlook 2003. This is on a Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003, the laptop is Windows XP Home Edition. There is a Sonicwall as a firewall. Thank you You need to set up RPC over HTTP. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us for starters. hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "john schmitz" &...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

multiple users with same email address
I've setup my folks as seperate users on XP but they both share the same email address. When one logs on and recieves an email, the other cannot get it in his/her inbox. How do I set it up so that they both recieve all emails to the shared email address regardless of who logs into XP first? Thanks Set them up with separate e-mail addresses/accounts - or set up the mail profiles to share the same PST file for delivery so they can at least see the same stuff. simpleton.... wrote: > I've setup my folks as seperate users on XP but they both > share the same email address. &g...

Downloaded add-ons for Excel, now cannot open it.
I added some updates or downlaods to Excel when I was trying to make some charts, histograms to be exact. Now when I click on Excel, the backgound opens, but nothing else happens, I cannot use the program. I went to Add/Remove Programs, but it does not appear that I can change just that. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much, M Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "exc...

Outlook deletes my ISP emails
I use MS Outlook to receive emails from ISP of SBC-Yahoo. Each time I got connected to the SBC account, I could receive my email from SBC account, but all the source emails in the SBC account were deleted automatically by the MS-Outlook.I could receive the mails but can not send the email through MS-Outlook. I have no problem in using the Outlook Express but the MS- Outlook. Please help! Thank you very much. Mai ...

duplicate emails
I recently switched from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook for my emails.The problem is I get two copies of all emails sent to me. This is a pain. I may have accidentally changed a setting somewhere but I can't resolve the problem. Any suggestions??????????? Thanks, Chuck ...

how can I copy an image in an email to a folder?
I receive many emails with images. In Outlook 2003 I could right click the image and "Save as" to save it to a foilder on my hard drive. In Outlook 2007 if I right click the image the only option is Copy. When I go to the folder to paste it there is nothing to paste. How can I copy these images to my disk? That might be easier with some VBA; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more htt...

Can't download bank account activitiy to a new account
Recently i've changed my bank account. When i've tried to download the activity from my new bank account to Microsoft Money 2204 for the first time, i've mistakenly ordered the software to download it to the old bank account in MS Money. Now, every time i try to download my account activity, it downloadds it to the old account in Microsoft Money, despite the fact that i've marked this account as "closed". I've tried everything in order to connect my new bank account with the new account in MS Money, but have failed. Please help me to fix this annoying prob...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...