Doownloading Message

The message comes up  'downloading messages' and shows the message number.

Can you get it to say  'downloading messages   #1 of 100   etc

Charlie

No.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"sswcharlie"  wrote in message =

The message comes up  'downloading messages' and shows the message =
number.

Can you get it to say  'downloading messages   #1 of 100   etc

Charlie=20

0
Gary
6/5/2010 1:26:36 AM

"sswcharlie" <sswcharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The message comes up  'downloading messages' and shows the message number.

That's not the message number.   It's a figment of WLMail's logic.  ; )

> Can you get it to say  'downloading messages   #1 of 100   etc

FWIW I think the stats in WLMail are even more FUBAR than they were in OE,
e.g. indicating that there may have been many more messages downloaded than
there actually were.    Even if it did show you the right number it would be
useless because like OE it can't sort them by number and when it does pause
for a long time downloading one message, e.g. suggesting it has hit a
message with a large attachment, you can't do anything about it other than
stop the whole download; e.g. there is no control during a synchronization
command at just the message level.

0
Robert

Attaching an e-mail message to a new e-mail
Using Outlook 2002 SP3: How do I attach an e-mail to a new message? I tried dragging the e-mail message from the Sent Items list to the new mail window. The e-mail appears to be attached. It shows its icon and title in the Attach... box but when I send it, the recipients inform me that they cannot read it. In an older, Corporate version of Outlook that I used to use, the "Insert" drop menu had an option for "Item". That allowed me to browse through my mail folders and locate a saved e-mail and attach it to the new message. Outlook 2002, doesn't have that opt...

Error message while matching
Hello, I am trying to match a landed cost to a shipment to create a payable. I've clicked the LC box, and when the "match to invoice" window pops up, the receipt number is available, and I've clicked on it and "ok'd" it. The following message comes up: "ne or more items for the selected documents are not available to be matched. No matches were made". Has anyone come across this or know what it means? ...

Recalling a sent message
By following the steps under HELP, the ACTION option still does not offer any type of selection for "recall this message". What have I done wrong? ...

Error Message 0x800CCC78 #2
I am receiving error message 0x800CCC78 when I try to send emails from Outlook 2002. I made a mistake in my original post. I said I was receiving this error message from Outlook Express. It is Outlook 2002 not Outlook Express. Please let me know how to resolve this error so that I can begin sending emails again. I can receive emails, I just cannot send them Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file after you get this error? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "...

Error Message "valid win32 application"
I run Windows Vista and have recently purchase and installed Microsoft Office 2007. When I try to open files that I know to have been created in standard Office applications, and in this particular instance Word, I get an error message that the file is "not a valid WIn 32 application". I can however open Word 2007 application and then open the file and this works, however it's a pain in the ____ and I don;t want to do it like that - I want to double click on the file name straight from my data stick etc and be magically transported to my proffessors next exciting ass...

Message Archiving
Does anyone have experience with a product that can archive messages from an Exchange 2003 Server to a SQL database for capacity management purposes? In particular, I would like the following capabilities: - Automatic archival of messages based on rules I define perferably per mailbox - Ability to search and retrieve messages via browser or other interface - Compression of attachments Please let me know what product you are using and how satisfied you are. Thanks! Jeff You might want to take a look at GFI Mail Archiver. I haven't used it but I have used some of GFI's other app...

Restoring Mail Messages and Duplicates
I need to understand how email messages are stored in WLM. I see them as individual files with a filename.eml extension. I have 2 pc's. One had a problem so reverted to the other with a backup one month old. I now have the main PC running again but is missing the last months emails. What I would like to do is effectively merge the emails from the backup PC so that the main PC has the updated mail from the last month. If I export from the backup PC all the message and then import them into the Main PC will it just overwrite any duplicates? There are about 11 mail accoun...

JIT Debugging
I have received this error message when trying to run thebestspinner prog installed on my pc. Spoken to their support, but they can't seem to come up with any answers for Vista o/s. I am a total rookie when it comes to this sort of tech stuff. Have tried to run different Compatibility modes under prog properties section. Doesn't make any difference Also have allowed this prog to be included in Firewall enable. O/S 32 bit Vista Home When I try to run it I get this message. Firstly I need to login with my username and password. The the prog says "Not Res...

Previously d/l messages being downloaded again and again
Am using Outlook 2007. For the past 5 days, I observe that every time Send/Receive is run previously downloaded messages are being downloaded again and again. This was not happening earlier. I have a setting that the mails remain on the POP server for one day after being downloaded. Yes, the Word programme did a repair run when the programmes were not opening and subsequently the security updates were downloaded. I shall be grateful for any advice given for this. Rajiv K. Khandelwal Disable any Anti-virus or Firewall settings that scan incoming or outgoing e-mail messages. -- Mil...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

Macro security warning message
When I recorded a macro in my spreadsheet, I began getting a message when opening the spreadsheet: "Macros in this workbook are disabled because security is high...". I have deleted all macros, but the message persists. How do I keep security set on high, and get rid of this message. Spreadsheets that have never had a macro recorded don't have this message, even with security set on high. I am using Windows XP and Excel 2002. Jeff You may have deleted the code, but you need to delete the modules that contained them too. Open the VBE (alt+F11), select the modules y...

OUTBOX shows a message count, but no messages are visible
In my outbox in OL2K, the left window pane shows 13 items, and the Outbox is bold like there is stuff stuck in it.When I look in the right window, when Outbox is selected, there are no items to show in this view. I sent a bunch of stuff yesterday to my home account, and I receive the emails.But it always shows those 13 items although the outbox folder is empty. Anybody who has an idea? Thanks in advance. Try an Advanced Search of the Outbox and specify Unread items as the search criteria "Fulya Erol" <ferol@no.nospam.mezun.com> wrote in message news:O6HV%230e2DHA.536@tk2msf...

E2K3 Message attachment approval
I want to allow our users to send messages, but if they send say a message over 3mb I want it to go to another user for approval before leaving. Other users I do not want any limits. Any ideas on how I can get this implemented on E2K3 Thanks in advance Steohen ...

Strange pop-up message
The first message that pops up when I open my outlook is. Error in registery for extension "Exchange Extentions;?" The syntax or format of the registery entry is incorrect. Check the registery settings and compare the registery for this extention to the other extentions in the registery. Hi everyone I have exch2003 and xp pro.the above message keeps popping up if one of the network users go into outlook.He then has to click OK about 5 times and then it dissappears and then he can continue working. Anyone got this before and can help me why not reinstall outlook? &q...

missing email messages
I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? What is set wrong to cause this? Do you have any view set on your in-box, such as unread messages? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: ls <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and | they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? | What is set wrong to cause this...

Outlook freeze when click on attachment message
I am using Outlook 2003, every time I click on a message that contains an attachment, the whole Outlook freezes. Then when I restart after that, the send/receive doesn't work. I have to restart the whole system to get Outlook working properly again, but if I click on a message with an attachment, same thing happens again. I've tried reinstalling and it works the first time I run Outlook then the same thing happens again. Can anyone shed some light on how I could fix it? Hi- I've had this problem for some time with Outlook 2002 and it developed after an update althou...

Outlook 2003
I used to use Outlook Express and was able to modify an email message's HTML source code. I can't seem to find a way to do that using Outlook. Does anyone know how that can be done? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thank you, Tracy Outlook doesn't have a source editor. You can edit it in another html editor and paste into OL. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Message Filtering
what is the maximum amount of domains you can enter in the message filtering window? It depends, I dont think it is per domain, it is a storage limit, so if they are long domain names you will have fewer, its around 800 - 1000 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jesse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7fa601c431e4$09d19090$a401280a@phx.gbl... > what is the maximum amount of domains you can enter in > the message filtering window? ...

Exchange 5.5 Message Queue Email Origination?
I think I had somebody open up a virus thru my vpn connection from home and I had 1200 emails in my outgoing message queue with stupid domain names. Opening the details doesn't tell much, is there a way to find out where those came from? IP address of sender or something? Thanks ...

Error Message #52
Error message #1308---How correct??? Outlook installed as part of Office 2003. Using windows XP Pro. Thanks Jim T ...

unable to delete message
I received an email that I cannot open, cannot delete, cannot access the options or anything. I receive a message "Unknown error" or "Can't open this item" or "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I would like to be rid of these... any suggestions? BTW, I use office 2003. erm, if you've got owa try using that to delete them N "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06c601c3ce1d$f983be40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I received an email that I cannot o...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Style bloat in Outlook 2007 messages
Printing out the source of an e-mail message I sent in Outlook 2007, I see about five pages of style definitions. In Outlook 2003 the style definitions comprised about half a page. I doubt if I'll ever use such styles as "subtle emphasis" and "intense quote," but every message I send has those styles built into it. Is there a way to strip out all the styles that aren't in use? -- Michael Send your messages in Plain Text format? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Michael Ray Brown" <velcrof...

message rules before the message arrives
Hello, I want to upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook, but there are still a lot of things that I don't like about Outlook. In OE you can create message rules and add actions on messages before the mail arrives. In Outlook these exist too. Problem: We use 2 aliasses for the same mailbox, so I would like the message rules on both computers: if TO==alias1 then do not download from server This works in OE, but I can't seem to find how to do it in Outlook. I can only find the action "after message arrives" - when it's too late. The action "do not download from se...

Message disapears when I reply or forward a message
I'm using Win98, and Outlook Express. When I forward or reply to a message, it will disapear from my computer. Any one have any ideas why this might be happening? Duane Hubbard wrote: > I'm using Win98, and Outlook Express. When I forward or reply to a > message, it will disapear from my computer. Any one have any ideas why > this might be happening? View-Current View and uncheck "Show unread messages only" (or words to that effect. BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actuall...