Display errors in "Sent" folder

W7HP64

Twice in the last couple of days I have got an anomalous display in the
"Sent items" folder in "Storage folders" for a newsgroup posting.

In the Sent Items folder I have the columns "To", "Subject", "Sent", and
"Account" showing.  These have always been correct, but a couple of postings
(to two completely separate newsgroups using different news servers) show my
return email address in the "To" column, and nothing at all in the "Account"
column.  The "Subject" and "Sent" columns are correct.  The posting header
info (in "Properties") is correct, and the postings are in the right
newsgroups.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

--

Jeff

0
Jeff

Were those messages that you sent shortly before (a few minutes)
shutting down WLM?

There seems to be a bug in WLM where sometimes when you shutdown WLM
message activity the index doesn't get updated with recent activity.
When restarted, affected messages will get a strange display in the
message list.  if you moved a message between folders, the old folder
may show the message in the list, but it report a an error if you try to
view it.

You can fix the TO display for those message by doing the following:
 - Drag the message(s) to a Windows folder (not another WLM folder)
 - After dropping them in the Windows folder, drag the messages back to
the WLM folder
 - You'll have two of each of those messages in the WLM folder.  Delete
the old ones.
 - Also delete the EML files for those messages in the Windows Folder.

You won't get back the Account information.  That was lost.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Jeff Layman" <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> W7HP64
>
> Twice in the last couple of days I have got an anomalous display in
> the "Sent items" folder in "Storage folders" for a newsgroup posting.
>
> In the Sent Items folder I have the columns "To", "Subject", "Sent",
> and "Account" showing.  These have always been correct, but a couple
> of postings (to two completely separate newsgroups using different
> news servers) show my return email address in the "To" column, and
> nothing at all in the "Account" column.  The "Subject" and "Sent"
> columns are correct.  The posting header info (in "Properties") is
> correct, and the postings are in the right newsgroups.
>
> Any ideas what could be causing this?
>
> --
>
> Jeff

0
Michael
3/6/2010 6:59:46 PM
Occurs for a variety of reasons..a few of the most common that impact WLM's indexing ability.
a. Loss of internet connection(isp, router, ip address re-assignment, etc)
b. WLM shutdown while performing a send/receive(sync)
c. AV program interference

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jeff Layman" <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:Ok0ljoUvKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> W7HP64
>
> Twice in the last couple of days I have got an anomalous display in the
> "Sent items" folder in "Storage folders" for a newsgroup posting.
>
> In the Sent Items folder I have the columns "To", "Subject", "Sent", and
> "Account" showing.  These have always been correct, but a couple of postings
> (to two completely separate newsgroups using different news servers) show my
> return email address in the "To" column, and nothing at all in the "Account"
> column.  The "Subject" and "Sent" columns are correct.  The posting header
> info (in "Properties") is correct, and the postings are in the right
> newsgroups.
>
> Any ideas what could be causing this?
>
> --
>
> Jeff

0
winston
3/7/2010 7:55:55 AM
"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> Were those messages that you sent shortly before (a few minutes) shutting
> down WLM?

Possibly, but I'm not certain.

> There seems to be a bug in WLM where sometimes when you shutdown WLM
> message activity the index doesn't get updated with recent activity. When
> restarted, affected messages will get a strange display in the message
> list.  if you moved a message between folders, the old folder may show the
> message in the list, but it report a an error if you try to view it.
>
> You can fix the TO display for those message by doing the following:
> - Drag the message(s) to a Windows folder (not another WLM folder)
> - After dropping them in the Windows folder, drag the messages back to the
> WLM folder
> - You'll have two of each of those messages in the WLM folder.  Delete the
> old ones.
> - Also delete the EML files for those messages in the Windows Folder.
>
> You won't get back the Account information.  That was lost.

The first message I dragged across and back seemed to go ok (BTW, I got a
*._nws file, not EML).  But the second file didn't work, it opened as a New
message rather than a renamed one. The second time I tried it I got an error
message:-

"Copy File

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to
receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this
problem.

Error 0x00000000. The operation completed successfully.

                                          Try again.      Cancel"

Is it me or is WLM buggier than OE6?

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

--

Jeff

0
Jeff
3/7/2010 12:21:02 PM
E-mail messages will save as EML files, news posts as NWS.

I don't know about the copy error.

--

> "Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
>> Were those messages that you sent shortly before (a few minutes)
>> shutting down WLM?
>
> Possibly, but I'm not certain.
>

>> There seems to be a bug in WLM where sometimes when you shutdown WLM
>> message activity the index doesn't get updated with recent activity.
>> When restarted, affected messages will get a strange display in the
>> message list.  if you moved a message between folders, the old folder
>> may show the message in the list, but it report a an error if you try
>> to view it.
>>
>> You can fix the TO display for those message by doing the following:
>> - Drag the message(s) to a Windows folder (not another WLM folder)
>> - After dropping them in the Windows folder, drag the messages back
>> to the WLM folder
>> - You'll have two of each of those messages in the WLM folder.
>> Delete the old ones.
>> - Also delete the EML files for those messages in the Windows Folder.
>>
>> You won't get back the Account information.  That was lost.
>
> The first message I dragged across and back seemed to go ok (BTW, I
> got a *._nws file, not EML).  But the second file didn't work, it
> opened as a New message rather than a renamed one. The second time I
> tried it I got an error message:-
>
> "Copy File
>
> An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you
> continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search
> for help with this problem.
>
> Error 0x00000000. The operation completed successfully.
>
>                                          Try again.      Cancel"
>
> Is it me or is WLM buggier than OE6?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
>
> --
>
> Jeff

0
Michael

Can't keep sent mail
I use Yahoo for my mail. I have setup Outlook to keep sent mail in the server, but can't seem to find any of my sent messages... Help please. Sonia <Sonia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Yahoo for my mail. I have setup Outlook to keep sent mail in the > server, but can't seem to find any of my sent messages... Help please. What type of account? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Sonia <Sonia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > I use Yahoo for my mail. I have setup Outlook to keep sent mail ...

How can I set my Outlook 2007 to save email addresses when sent?
I would like for Outlook to remember email addresses that I send/reply to and give a predicted email addy of the recipient. Is this possible? See if any of this info helps you http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp TX Realtor wrote: >I would like for Outlook to remember email addresses that I send/reply to >and give a predicted email addy of the recipient. Is this possible? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Printing emails sent from word
Hello, we have this issue when we save a word document, then send it via word (be it mail murge to an email address, or using the built in email options) when the receipent prints the email from outlook, at the very top the first line that was saved in the email gets placed in a header and printed at the top of the page above the actual email "from/sent/to/subject" area of the print out. We would like to know if there was a way to disable this from happening. Thanks. ...

Sent Items 01-16-10
I set up a rule to automatically move all sent items to a personal folder and it works fine except when I send html templates and then it goes into both my inbox and personal sent folders. Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to fix this in my rule? Thanks Donna Hauff What do you mean by "send html templates"? Are you being CC'd or Bcc'd on those messages? Have you looked at your other rules? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?...

Options for storing sent items in Outlook
Hello, Maybe someone can help me out with this. Is it possible to get outlook to prompt me after I have sent an email to select a folder to store my response in (other than sent items)? I know I can set up rules pertaining to specific people, subjects, etc, but I would like to be able to select the desitination "save" folder every time. Thanks, Stephanie One solution; http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm <stephpalmeri@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129067247.542808.102190@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Maybe someone can help me ou...

Outlook 2002
It's probably dead easy but I've just set up Outlook 2002 to download my emails from Yahoo and am having the following problems: *even though I've checked the 'leave copy of messages ons erver' box, they are all downloaded and no copy kept on Yahoo, and *when sending an email from Outlook I can't find a history of the sent message anywhere - even though I've checked the box asking it to keep one! Any guidance appreciated. Thanks ...

email sent outside domain with OWA is blank
I am having an issue with OWA when a client sends an email form OWA to an address outside our domain it appears to them blank. We are using exchange 2000 SP3 Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook: sent emails: why doesn't the bcc print?
Office 2003. Outlook. When printing sent emails the bcc is omitted. I want a printed copy of the email showing all the recipients, including bcc'd parties. Is it a setting? ...

Fix for unwanted automatically sent emails Exchange 2000
My call to Microsoft today, fixed our problem. We had an email that originated on May 19 start going out every night to the same orig list of 800 people since June 6. I could find no record of these emails. The fix is to download and install the MFCMAPI tool on the Exchange server. Here is the link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291794 Searching the suspect mailbox in the Temp Tables (1 through 20) turned up the one stuck email that was conitually going to the outside. Microsoft could NOT explain why this happens and refunded my money for the call. Thanks Microsoft. Hope tha...

Outook 2003 Email Sent Time Indicated 1 hour behind PC time
I am using Windows XP Pro with MS Office 2003. When I send email the sent time logged on the mail is 1 hour behind the actual time I sent the email?? Any ideas??? You computer time, time zone or daylight savings time settings are not correct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list...

Store Sent Items in a different mailbox
I would like to create a general email box for one of my groups and what is happening is that whenever there is a reply, the copy of the sent email is put onto the individual email box and not in the general. Does any have a solution to my problem where, if I hit reply on the general box a copy of the sent will be place in the general sent folder as oppose to that one particular email. TIA. You can only configure a Wizard Rule to move a copy of the message to a different folder so it will end up in both. -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also ...

HELP
Hi There, A client of mine is using SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. They have been on the telephone to me asking about an issue that has occurred with one of their staff and email being sent. The member of staff sent an email to an accountant with 2 items in the message on it (no attachments the actual email) 1. Pay user 1 xxx 2. Pay user 2 xxx There should have been three items mentioned in the email such as: 1. Pay user 1 xxx 2. Pay user 2 xxx 3. Pay user 3 xxx The accountant received the original email with the 2 items mentioned above and no others from this staff member. When the manag...

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...

Forwarding Sent Email
Hi, I am trying to find a function in Exchange Server 2003 which can allow a department's manager to be able to automatically receive a copy of email that his/her department's staffs sent. Unfortunately, I cannot locate this function in Exchange. If such option available, can someone tell me where to find it in Exchange? or else, is there any 3rd tools I can use to accomplish this? Thanks. On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:21:00 -0800, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to find a function in Exchange Server 2003 which can allow a >departm...

email not being sent?
I have an Exchange server 2003. We use outlook 2000. I have had this recurring problem that raises its head from time to time. We have about 100 users. Generally everything works. But from time to time an individual workstations that worked fine before now stops being able to send mail. It can receive mail ok. What happens is that when the mail is sent it disappears from the out mail box but is not delivered. It just disappears into never never land. On this one computer I even logged in as myself instead of the user, set up my outlook mail account and same thing. In other ...

Copying sent and received emails to a public folder
We recently installed Exchange 2003 server at a client's site. Our client would now like to be able to have a copy of all emails sent and received from all users to be saved in a sent mail folder and a received mail folder. Both of these folders will be public folders so that everyone will be able to view these emails. I know there is an archive function in Exchange 2003 however, it puts all sent and received emails into one folder. Preferably the solution should be implemented on the server so that a user can not change any client side rules. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

AD user still receives emails sent to DL which she has been removed from
Gurus, I have a user in my organization who is receiving emails sent to a certain public address(feedback@ourdomain.com). Last week she told me she doesn't want to receive emails to that address anymore. So, not knowing how she got the emails in the first place I had her forward me an example, I looked at the headers then found this was a distribution list in AD (Windows 2003). She was a member of this list. Well I removed her but she says she is still receiving emails sent to that address. I do not know how this could be. I looked at her account properties and this address isn't...

How do I find out if an email I sent out has been read or not?
How do I find out if an email I sent out has been read or not? I'm not sure which version of Outlook you are using, but you can request a read receipt. For example, with Outlook 2003 you would start a new message and select the "Options" button from the toolbar and check the appropriate box. However there is one small gotcha, most modern mail clients have the option to not return a read receipt. "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9985E7F-D5D9-4414-A1FF-BEE72CE76FDC@microsoft.com... > How do I find out if an email I sent ou...

Multiple email aliases but emails sent to always show same display
Have an AD account that has multiple SMTP email addresses. However, any emails sent to one of them always show being sent to the users display name so theres no easy way to tell exactly what email address it was sent to. Does anyone know what we can do? Only thing I can thing of is creating separate AD accounts for this emails but that is a way too long winded. Thanks In news:690D8C4F-06FB-4F62-9265-CBDDFC350DA7@microsoft.com, Monkey <Monkey@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Have an AD account that has multiple SMTP email addresses. However, > any emails sent to one of the...

Sent Internet e-mails
Hi al I have an exchange server 5.5 installed on a w2k server. Everything is working fine except 1 user seems to be getting the following error message every time she sends an e-mail outside the firm. the error message is This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The item is currently being scanned for viruses. Try again in a few moments. Error is [0x80040119-0x00050a-0x000546 I would really appreciate help on this one from anyone in the group. Thank yo Arun That sounds like an NDR being generated by your Antivirus software, no...

Monitor a PostMessage sent by another application
Hello fellow programmers, In VC++, does anyone know how to monitor a PostMessage sent by another program? Spy++ detects this fine. I do not know where the message goes, but need to update my program on that event. I tried hooks, but found out that only monitors messages going IN to a program, not out of. Please help, I have spent about 12 hours at work with no progress. Thank you all very much in advance! Rob K On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:45:01 -0800, RobKinney1 wrote: > Hello fellow programmers, > In VC++, does anyone know how to monitor a PostMessage sent by another > program? Spy++...

Where are copies of e-mails that I've sent?
I just switched to Outlook 2000 (the old version, I realize), and can't find a file or cache of "Messages You've Sent." I assume there is one! Please advise, friends. Thanks, Stuart The default location is the Sent Items folder. Make sure you are viewing the folder list and you should find it easily. You can also drag and drop your Sent Items folder to your Outlook Bar if it's something you access regularly. Hope this helps. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes...

Read recipients not being sent in Outlook 2000
Hello All, I have a client who recently switched from using Exchange 5.5 to a simple POP3 email server. Since then his Outbox has been showing read receipts that are not being sent. I've checked all his settings and Outlook is configured to automatically send all read receipts when connected to the internet, which is all the time as he has a broadband connection. There is no longer a reference in his Outlook configuration for the Exchange server. I've Googled this issue but have come up dry. Can anyone provide some insight as to why these are being held? Oh, inbound and outboun...

Logs that can show e-mails sent to external addresses
Is there any log that I can enable that show where users are sending e-mail message to (external addresses) ? Exch2000. ...

Approving emails before being sent to company wide Distribution List
Hello all - is there a way to be able to "approve" an email sent to a company wide distribution list before it gets emailed out to everyone? Thanks! -Blake On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:20:58 -0400, "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@Galvanon.com> wrote: >Hello all - > >is there a way to be able to "approve" an email sent to a company wide >distribution list before it gets emailed out to everyone? > >Thanks! > >-Blake Put delivery restrictions to a select few on the "All User" DL and require that anyone sending out to that DL...