Contacts Keep Disappearing

For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail.  I
open it back up and the contacts are gone.  It was working fine when I first
started using it a week ago.  Each time I have to import them in from Outlook
Express.  What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ?
If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import)
Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM.

If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem where certain network interface cards on a pc interfere with retaining
contacts.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"mwbulldog88" <mwbulldog88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12006F64-F4CC-43C3-8AF2-DEEDB9DC1567@microsoft.com...
> For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail.  I
> open it back up and the contacts are gone.  It was working fine when I first
> started using it a week ago.  Each time I have to import them in from Outlook
> Express.  What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

0
winston
2/6/2010 9:50:22 AM
Have lost ALL my contacts in WLM.  Is there a filename where contacts are
stored?  Am using Vista, have used WLM for a couple of years, and suddenly no
contacts!
--

My wife uses webmail at Earthlink.net -- on several occasions, I have
manually entered contacts from there.  But they disappear soon thereafter!

Responsesw can be emailed to me directly at <djaskine@earthlink.net>.

Help!

What version of WLMail are you using (Help->About Microsoft Windows Live =
Mail)?
Do you sign into Windows Live with a Windows live ID in WLMail?
Have you used Norton Utilities (esp. Optimize->Clean Your Registry)?

--=20
Peter.R
(Windows Live Mail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 on Windows 7 Home Premium)
"There are more things in Heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of =
in your philosophy." - Shakespeare

"Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =

> Have lost ALL my contacts in WLM.  Is there a filename where contacts =
are stored?  Am using Vista, have used WLM for a couple of years, and =
suddenly no contacts!=20

0
Peter
6/13/2010 3:24:25 PM
Were you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live in WLM.
 - if so, are you still signed on (Tools/Options/Connections)

If not using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live in WLM
-  are you signed on now,  if you are sign off...

Are you contacts present in either mode(signed on or signed off) ?

WLM does not sync with Earthlink.net(I also have Earthlink) for contacts.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:945E3214-26F6-47E7-94E5-D9105A3CB201@microsoft.com...
> Have lost ALL my contacts in WLM.  Is there a filename where contacts are
> stored?  Am using Vista, have used WLM for a couple of years, and suddenly no
> contacts!
> --
>
> My wife uses webmail at Earthlink.net -- on several occasions, I have
> manually entered contacts from there.  But they disappear soon thereafter!
>
> Responsesw can be emailed to me directly at <djaskine@earthlink.net>.
>
> Help!

0
winston

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Excel Menu Bar Disappears after Powerpoint Use
Excel is open Using PowerPoint slide w/ embedded excel spreadsheet in it Launch spreadsheet from PowerPoint by double-clicking Switch back to Excel Menu Bar and Taskbars have disappeared, can't find any "Close Full Screen" floating menu option. What is the trick to restore the "normal" Excel view? ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

How to keep IE from timing out on long operation
It seems that IE8 is less forgiving for long operations than previous versions. 10 seconds and it abandons the connection. Is there a way I can have my aspx file inform IE about how long to wait, or to give it some indication that data is coming during a long operation (like a long SQL query). Thanks, ....Matt "Matt Houser" <matt@houser.ca> wrote in message news:BC2449A0-AD91-4AB4-B775-EED321D95EC5@microsoft.com... > It seems that IE8 is less forgiving for long operations than previous > versions. 10 seconds and it abandons the connection. Th...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

CRM Email Router keeps seeing an old ghost server
Hello everyone, I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a bit interresting in digging about technical stuff I explain : I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on this server ( named ZEUS ) I updated to CRM4, but not the router. I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot to remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something like this from the start menu ) Everything goes fine. Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the Router from the CD...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Outlook keeps closing #2
I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Server and for some reason it keeps closing. I uninstalled and the reinstalled it, and it still keeps closing after 1 minute of opening it. Does anyone have any suggestions??? ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Is there away to keep Excel from opening a copy of an already opened workbook and the pages not be at 100% but
at the zoom the already opened workbook is at? Marc Marc It's probably the version of Excel that you are using. I have Excel 2002, and the zoom factor is saved with the file so when you re-open it doesn't revert to 100%. I suspect you are running an older version that doesn't support this. Catherine -- CDM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CDM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32339 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=516597 ...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Contact disappears after added and saved
If I enter a contact with no email address, but does have a home address or phone number, after I save a close the contact it does not appear in my Contact List. Additionally, I 'search' for it using the find option, the contact is nowhere to be found. However, if I try and enter it again, Outlook indicates it's a duplicate entery. Where are my contacts disappearing to? What do you mean by "Contact List?" Where are these Contacts not appearing that you think they should? Contacts without electronic addresses would not be expected to appear in the addres...

Right Contacts details
If I put in an address that outlook can't find in my contacts, it goes 'Check Names' (it says the contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened) to what I assume is the Windows Address Book. However the first one it tries to open has nothing in it. If I cgo to the drop down box, and select the second one it works fine... how do I get it to open the proper one? rfc Open the Address Book. Tools > Options > Show this address list first Remove the invalid reference to a Contacts Folder here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing di...