Contact photos.

Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I used to be
able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks

0
Steve
1/17/2010 4:51:15 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Sure. But I think you need a Live ID. Go to http://people.live.com.

"Steve" <sh9168@live.com> wrote in message
> Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I used to
> be able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks

0
Bob
1/17/2010 5:20:51 PM
You can't control the photos in WLM.  It's up to the contact to put a
photo in their live profile.  And you have to Sign into Live when you
start WLM (look in the upper right hand corner).

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Steve" <sh9168@live.com> wrote in message
> Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I used
> to be able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks

0
Michael
1/17/2010 8:49:22 PM
No.
 Contact pictures can not be added by the user.
 The display picture is controlled by 4 items items:
    1. you using a Live ID
    2. your contact in that Live ID's contacts using a Live ID
    3. the contact creating a Windows Live Messenger display picture
    4. the contact sharing the info with you

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Steve" <sh9168@live.com> wrote in message news:90FDF0A1-E154-4EB7-A884-41009C60C683@microsoft.com...
> Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I used to be
> able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks

0
winston
1/17/2010 10:19:24 PM
That sucks. I don't know anyone that uses mail live but me so I can't put
peoples pics in like the vista live mail. Thanks

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> No.
> Contact pictures can not be added by the user.
> The display picture is controlled by 4 items items:
>    1. you using a Live ID
>    2. your contact in that Live ID's contacts using a Live ID
>    3. the contact creating a Windows Live Messenger display picture
>    4. the contact sharing the info with you
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "Steve" <sh9168@live.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I used to
>> be able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks

0
Steve

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01CA97CB.D59382D0

yw..

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
  That sucks. I don't know anyone that uses mail live but me so I can't =
put=20

  "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message=20
  > No.
  > Contact pictures can not be added by the user.
  > The display picture is controlled by 4 items items:
  >    1. you using a Live ID
  >    2. your contact in that Live ID's contacts using a Live ID
  >    3. the contact creating a Windows Live Messenger display picture
  >    4. the contact sharing the info with you
  >
  > --=20
  >  ...winston
  >  ms-mvp mail
  >
  > "Steve" <sh9168@live.com> wrote in message=20
  >> Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I =
used to=20
  >> be able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks=20

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01CA97CB.D59382D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18071" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>yw..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Steve" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:sh9168@live.com">sh9168@live.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:23FAF2E0-D92F-4FCB-A015-0D8D306B128B@microsoft.com">news:23F=
AF2E0-D92F-4FCB-A015-0D8D306B128B@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>That=20
  sucks. I don't know anyone that uses mail live but me so I can't put=20
  <BR>peoples pics in like the vista live mail. =
Thanks<BR><BR>"...winston"=20
  &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:winstonmvp@gmail.com">winstonmvp@gmail.com</A>&gt; wrote=20
  in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uJPS#N8lKHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:uJPS#N8lKHA.3840=
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  No.<BR>&gt; Contact pictures can not be added by the user.<BR>&gt; The =
display=20
  picture is controlled by 4 items items:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. =
you using=20
  a Live ID<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. your contact in that Live ID's =
contacts=20
  using a Live ID<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. the contact creating a =
Windows=20
  Live Messenger display picture<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. the =
contact=20
  sharing the info with you<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp; ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; "Steve" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:sh9168@live.com">sh9168@live.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:90FDF0A1-E154-4EB7-A884-41009C60C683@microsoft.com">news:90F=
DF0A1-E154-4EB7-A884-41009C60C683@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I used =
to=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt; be able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01CA97CB.D59382D0--

0
winston
1/18/2010 4:21:45 AM
On 1/17/2010 10:01 PM, Steve wrote:
> That sucks. I don't know anyone that uses mail live but me so I can't
> put peoples pics in like the vista live mail. Thanks
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> No.
>> Contact pictures can not be added by the user.
>> The display picture is controlled by 4 items items:
>> 1. you using a Live ID
>> 2. your contact in that Live ID's contacts using a Live ID
>> 3. the contact creating a Windows Live Messenger display picture
>> 4. the contact sharing the info with you
>>
>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Steve" <sh9168@live.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All. Is it possible to place photos in the contacts profile? I
>>> used to be able to do this with mail in Vista. Thanks

Switch to Thunderbird 3.0, it now has this capability in it's address book.

--

Roy Smith
Windows 7

Timestamp: Monday, January 18, 2010 9:17:22 AM
0
Roy

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

How to use Employees Photos on forms
I want to use or display photos of employees on "Employee record form". the photos are req to be changed every time operator nevigates records. All employees photos are JPG files in a folder. The files are renamed so that every photo file has same name as of that employee's registration no. Also advice me wether to store photos in employees table would be efficient or i should store them in seperate folder. And also how to make Data Enty form to store photos into the table Thanks -- I H Naqvi Hi Try this link http://www.databasedev.co.uk/bound_image_form.html -- Way...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

dynamically update photos in excel
I'm using Excel to generate invoices. I have an invoice template that uses a distinct item number to lookup basic info on the item, and show it on the invoice (using vlookups). Easy. One of the items being looked up is a photo URL for the item (example: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/pictureid.jpg) which I need to display on each invoice. I generate new invoices by updating the item number. I'd like the invoice template to automatically update the picture of the item when I update the item number. Today I have to manually embed the photos via Insert->Picture and then copying i...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

How do I create the ripped edge look on a photo
I'm making graduation announcements for my son. I like the edges to look like they are worn, or ripped. Use a photo editing program. Proper tool for the job. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Glynda" <Glynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E1D65D1-B93A-49B4-A775-1416335C53FB@microsoft.com... > I'm making graduation announcements for my son. I like the edges to look > like they are worn, or ripped. There are similar borders in BorderArt, scroll down to torn paper. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Right Contacts details
If I put in an address that outlook can't find in my contacts, it goes 'Check Names' (it says the contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened) to what I assume is the Windows Address Book. However the first one it tries to open has nothing in it. If I cgo to the drop down box, and select the second one it works fine... how do I get it to open the proper one? rfc Open the Address Book. Tools > Options > Show this address list first Remove the invalid reference to a Contacts Folder here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing di...

Contact disappears after added and saved
If I enter a contact with no email address, but does have a home address or phone number, after I save a close the contact it does not appear in my Contact List. Additionally, I 'search' for it using the find option, the contact is nowhere to be found. However, if I try and enter it again, Outlook indicates it's a duplicate entery. Where are my contacts disappearing to? What do you mean by "Contact List?" Where are these Contacts not appearing that you think they should? Contacts without electronic addresses would not be expected to appear in the addres...

Contacts, Bloody Contacts
Hi all, I would like to create a contact record for each of our locations and have that record show up in the GAL. I would also like the email address that I supply for the contact record to resolve back to a distribution group that would include the manager and perhaps the store admin for that location. Problem. If I create a contact record with an Exchange email address, I cannot also create the distribution group, as there would be two of the same email addresses in Exchange. If I don't create an Exchange email address for the contact, the contact record does not show up in t...

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...