Constant Popping Up of Windows Live Mail

My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 seconds. Have
tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much appreciated
to either stop popups or to delete all together.
windows.live.mail.desktop 2736 articles. 9 followers. Follow

You could delete it altogether if you don't use it.
Which mail client program do you use?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Zancherito" <Zancherito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 =
seconds. Have=20
> tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much =
appreciated=20
> to either stop popups or to delete all together.
0
Gary

conecting windows mail and windows live
i cant figure out what to type in the incoming and outgoing adresses (pop3) and (smtp) It depends on your ISP/Server. And yours is_________________? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "jb72k20" <jb72k20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9864248-F451-44FB-B281-2DCB72FB81E6@microsoft.com... >i cant figure out what to type in the incoming and outgoing adresses >(pop3) > and (smtp) If your email address ends in @live.com or @hotmail.com see http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

Using the lookup window in a custom form?
Hi, I am writing a custom web form that I am opening within the ms crm web application. I need to lookup a contact and populate a field on my webform with the selected contact from the lookup form. I would rather not reinvent the wheel, is it possible to use the standard MS CRM lookup records web form and return data from it to my custom form? TIA ...

How do spam mails come to new users' mailboxes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C6FD9B.C49FC100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my technicians asked me this question. We just created a new email address for a new user. Before the user = sends any emails out, she receives 7 spam emails in her first day. Why? Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on = http://www.ChicagoTech.net=20 How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on = http://www.HowToNetworking.com ------=...

Identities and correct mail receival
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3353490050_1290362 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi I have Entourage 2004 and have 2 identities. The problem is that incoming emails are delivered to the wrong identity mail box. All messages are going to the main identity. I have checked the identity settings and can not see anything a miss. There are no rules active re this issue Help Help!!! --B_3353490050_12903...

Can I make pop up explanation boxes in Excel
I have produced a form that will be used by other users and I would like to think that when the user puts the cursor over a cell it pops up a text box that explains what data is to be entered or explains the outcome Maybe Insert|Comment when the user mouses over the cell or use the data|validation prompt when the user selects the cell. Or just use a nice column of adjacent cells that always shows the description. Explanation boxes wrote: > > I have produced a form that will be used by other users and I would like to > think that when the user puts the cursor over a cell it pops...

constant trouble
i am having real difficulty with office publisher, it wont open the wizard saying it is missing a pro11.msi file . Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks alot james Open help, click detect and repair What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James" <fatistuta2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1b95101c44ff7$6f6b5cc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i am having real difficulty with office publisher, it > wont open the wizard saying it is missing a pro11.msi > file . Any h...

delete autocomplete mail addresses
When I address a new email I place my cursor in the To line and type a few letters of the person's name. The autocomplete feature pops up a list of addresses, that I have used in the past, to select from. I want to delete some of these entries. My editor is Word and I have a Windows XP machine. I've gone into contacts and the addresses I want to delete do not exist in the contact list. I've gone into the Dictionary and edited that. These addresses were in the dictionary but I deleted them from there, restarted the pc and still they still pop up in the Autocomplete l...

GET WINDOW PROPERTIES FROM HANDLE
how can i get alll the properties of a window( not created by a user application) from the Window Handle? regards, kedar. >how can i get alll the properties of a window( not created by a user >application) from the Window Handle? Which "properties" are you looking for? Dave "David Lowndes" wrote: > >how can i get alll the properties of a window( not created by a user > >application) from the Window Handle? > > Which "properties" are you looking for? > > Dave > thank you for tour immediate response... i want t...

Jumk Mails
Hi, I'm receiving a large number of unwanted(junk) mails on my laptop pc through ms-outlook 2000(os: winxp professional). I have attached a sample mail which i received yesterday (14/07/2004). My mail server is running on WinNT Server/Exchange 5.5. How to stop this. Please provide me a permanent solution. <<<<SAMPLE MAIL>>>>> >>>>>>>>>. Received: from whale.slt.lk ([203.115.0.14]) by mail.teamwork.lk with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2650.21) id 355PA0B7; Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:04:31 +0600 Received...

POP Blank Form Max Tok Length error
I added some calculated fields to the POP Blank Purchase Order Form and now I get the Max Tok Len error. If I delete one of the calculated fields then I am ok, so there must be a limit to the amount of calculated fields we can add to the form I am trying to add buyer information, name, email, phone, fax number etc. Is there any fix for this error? We previously used Project purchase orders and did not have the issue adding calculated fields. V7.5, on sql -- Doug Doug There is no fix for v7.5. You will need to remove some of the other calculated fields if they are not being used....

windows mail
cannot receive emails. sending works fine. all settings have been checked by suddenlink and all seems in order. still cannot receive. anyone have an idea why? -- Gary Any error message when you try to receive? What happens when you send an email to yourself? When you log in to webmail at http://home.suddenlink.net are there=20 messages in that Inbox waiting to be downloaded to Windows Mail? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Gary R" <chesterlyle@suddenlink.net> wrote in message = news:E...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

After SP3 and IE8, Windows Live Mail is completely trashed
I had originally installed Windows Live Mail under XP Pro SP2 32-bit, and it was fine. Yesterday, I made the disastrous mistake of applying the full download of SP3 (with AV turned off and network connection disabled), afterward re-connecting, turning AV back on, and letting Windows Update finally replace IE6 with IE8. Now when I open Windows Live Mail, Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726), although all messages are listed normally, with proper icons, various attachment and flag symbols, From, Subject, Date, Size, etc., not a single message in any mailbox can be opened, with an...

New POP email account
I am trying to set up a NetZero email account in Outlook Expr 6. I have followed the instructions exactly. The NZ acct shows up in Tools > Accounts > Mail and when I click properties servers are set up per NZ's instructions. NZ is set as the default acct. However, nothing has changed about the main Folders view. I see Local Folders and MSN. No folder has been added for NZ. When I click Send/Receive (either All or just NetZero) it says it is downloading and sending NZ mail, but I never see the mail, presumably because there is no folder to put it in. It does seem to ...

Strange behaviour with new mail alert sound
I am new to this group, but a search does not yield an answer to my specific problem. This was after an upgrade of Office 2000 professional to Office 2003 professional. I have control panel set up to make a new mail sound as well as have enabled it in tools->options. I also have a rule set up to move specific mail to a folder with a sound. When new mail comes in that triggers the rule, I get the sound specified in the rule. When new mail comes in for the inbox, I do not get a sound UNLESS I have sent something previously. In that case the sound for mail coming to the inbox triggers...

IMAP or POP
By default Exchange 2003 have IMAP and POP disabled - how do you enable it? I chose enable on the appropriate protocol (i.e. go to the server - protocols - IMAP - right click ENABLE) but it does not enable it - I feel as I am missing something else. Can someone point me to either the article that describe the how to on this or briefly explain it for me - thank you. You have to change the actual service (Control Panel, Services) from Disabled to Automatic (or Manual), then start it there. Once you do that, you can start/enable the POP3 or IMAP virtual server. -- Ben Winzenz Excha...

exchange and outlook smtp/pop accounts
Can someone tell me if the e-mail from an smtp/pop account in Outlook on an SBS 2003 network is stored on the local machine or the server? Does Exchange have anything to do with the process or storage if only the smtp/pop account is used and not an Exchange account in Outlook? It can be either the Exchange mailbox or a .pst file, depending on which = is the default store for the mail profile.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 <runner7@...

Want Windows Mail to open my live.com mail
What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows Mail To access Hotmail accounts with Windows Mail, you have to use POP3. See href="http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing) With the newer Windows Live Mail, it's much easier. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Sue Ann" wrote in message news:e$a0jezMLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows Mail ...

Word 2007: Where is "Web Address" window?
In Word 2003, I could add "Web Address" window to my toolbar so that I could see the file folder location for any Word document I was working on (dunno why it was called "Web Address"). I am now using Word 2007, creating a Quick Access Toolbar. Cannot find "Web Address" in the All Commands list. Has it been replaced by another "command"? If not, in Word 2007 is there another way I can quickly see the full file path for a Word document when I have it open in Word without having to resort to finding it through "File Properties"?...

constants
How to you keep a number constant in a formula on the next cell? Example: Formula on line A5 =sum(A1*20) and I want the 20 to remain the same in the formula on the next cell. Thanks! Hi try =$A$1*20 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:68E23F17-70D6-45F0-AE23-536E49E78D67@microsoft.com... > How to you keep a number constant in a formula on the next cell? > > Example: > Formula on line A5 > =sum(A1*20) > and I want the 20 to remain the same in the formula on the next cell. &...

unread mail #6
In 2007, folders with new mail are showing up in bold instead of showing up in Unread Mail. Is there some setting somewhere I might have changed inadvertently that I can change back to get new email to show up in Unread Mail again? -- Thanks, John The Unread Mail folder is a Search Folder. Check its search conditions to make sure the right folders are included for the query. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "A" <A@A.net> wrote in message ...

OE 6 will receive maiil, but won't send mail
Earlier this week my OE 6 stopped sending mail and I don't know why? My setting all look correct. I compacted all OE 6 folders and then tried ReRegistering it's libraires, but didn't have great success. When I ran the following commands here is the result: msimn /reg - nothing I could see happened regsvr32 mshtml.dll - mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegister entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered regsvr32 shdocvw.dll - DllRegisterServer in shdocvw.dll failed. Return code was: 0x8002801c regsvr32 browseui.dll - DllRegisterServer in browseui...

Export Outlook 2003 mail account settings ?
I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to export Outlook 2003 mail account settings? I've got a load of PCs to set up with several similar accounts, with OE this was simple. -- Nigel M "Time may be a great healer, but he's a lousy beautician" Outlook 2003 has no account export. Instead, you can use a .prf file = created with the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard = from the Office Resource Kit.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrato...