cannot move messages

Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder
I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured.  The
selected message(s) could not be moved."  Why am I receiving this message and
how can this problem be corrected?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

What kind of mail account is it?  POP3, IMAP or HTTP?

Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving
a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM
tell the mail server to delete the message from the server mail box.
The error message could indicate that WLM is having a communication
issue with the mail server.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Joe Stewart" <JoeStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage
> folder
> I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured.
> The
> selected message(s) could not be moved."  Why am I receiving this
> message and
> how can this problem be corrected?  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks

0
Michael
11/24/2009 9:57:44 PM
My account is a POP3 and this problem only occurs sporadically and from
different senders.  Any suggestions?

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> What kind of mail account is it?  POP3, IMAP or HTTP?
>
> Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving
> a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM
> tell the mail server to delete the message from the server mail box.
> The error message could indicate that WLM is having a communication
> issue with the mail server.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Joe Stewart" <JoeStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage
> > folder
> > I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured.
> > The
> > selected message(s) could not be moved."  Why am I receiving this
> > message and
> > how can this problem be corrected?  Any suggestions would be
> > appreciated.
> > Thanks
>

> .

It could indicate some data corruption.

Are you dragging the messages or Right clicking and selecting Move or
using the Edit menu?

When the error occurs what do you have to do to get it working again?
Just try again, or restart WLM or restart Windows or you can never move
the problem messages?

If when the error occurs your try Copy instead of Move, does it work?
If it does work, can you then successfully delete the copied messages
from the Inbox?

--

> My account is a POP3 and this problem only occurs sporadically and
> from
> different senders.  Any suggestions?
>
> "Michael Santovec" wrote:
>
>> What kind of mail account is it?  POP3, IMAP or HTTP?
>>
>> Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so
>> moving
>> a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that
>> WLM
>> tell the mail server to delete the message from the server mail box.
>> The error message could indicate that WLM is having a communication
>> issue with the mail server.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>

>> "Joe Stewart" <JoeStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a
>> > storage
>> > folder
>> > I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has
>> > occured.
>> > The
>> > selected message(s) could not be moved."  Why am I receiving this
>> > message and
>> > how can this problem be corrected?  Any suggestions would be
>> > appreciated.
>> > Thanks
>>

>> .

0
Michael

cannot compose message #2
Sorry - should have provided this info: Using Outlook 2000, Windows 98 ______________________________ When I try to begin composing a message, I receive this error "Kernel 32, Illegal Operation, Contact Program Vendor" - and my system crashes. Yesterday, the message I was getting when I tried to compose was: "A fatal exception OE has occurred. 017F:BFF9DFFF The current application will be terminated" - and my system would crash. I am able to receive messages. Can someone help? Thank you!! .. ...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. #3
I'm sending an e-mail to someone that I was able to e-mail up til yesterday. When I hit send, it takes 30 seconds and then it bounces back to me with the message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 12/3/2004 11:36 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'test.testing@test.com' on 12/3/2004 11:36 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=test;l=SERVER_CT_01-041203163546Z-562 I've tried sending it 5 times and I even tried a different computer on my network and it...

Outlook as IMAP client
Anybody ever used Outlook 2003 as an IMAP client? Please prompt me how to purge the messages which are marked as deleted? Outlook Express has two ways to do that, but MS Outlook seems to have none? Thank you, ypal I don't use IMAP but I believe it is under File-->Purge Deteled Items. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Yuri Palagin asked: | Anybody ever used Outlook 2003 ...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Moving Folder error

SMTP Errors in event log
I get the following event log message: Event Type: Error Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2013 Date: 11/10/2004 Time: 12:01:02 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured, or all are down. I have tried changing the External DNS servers in the SMTP Virtual Server settings- advanced properties but it doesn't make a difference. Is that the correct place for the configuration or is there another place. Do I use my ISP'...

Moving between worksheets

red flagged messages vibrating
Does anyone know about this strange behaviour? I passed on a laptop to another family member. MS office 2003 is installed on it. He rang me asking if I'd had a problem with the behaviour described. I searched the internet for this behaviour and looked hard at my own outlook settings but no luck. Emails flagged in red flags jump up and down. If it was still my pc, I'd be concerned as well. Joy what happens if he uses another color? does it always happen or only after another app ran or when the computer hasn't been rebooted? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...